Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maxxheadcheese
Sep 9, 2005

Noble Man

Mido posted:

Berserk makes me very RAW, if you know what I mean.

EDIT: Another filler chapter, as expected. But looking at Gatts in the very last page tore me up a little for some reason. Seeing how severely hosed up he is, and how he just will not give up till everything is right, even if he is on his last leg, one leg is enough, this story has a fantastic tone

Also I like the fact that they have no idea how close Guts is to completely breaking down and letting his berserker spirit run free and just kill them all in an instant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

maxxheadcheese posted:

Also I like the fact that they have no idea how close Guts is to completely breaking down and letting his berserker spirit run free and just kill them all in an instant.

Yeah, but at the same time all the terrible poo poo that happened to him is the only thing holding him together, he's literally on the edge of every single world he has exposure to, even in his mind that's the curse he has for the brand :(

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Well there we go, 9th of November for the next chapter. Oh well, I suppose it's only a little over a month.

Swedish Nice Boy
Jun 21, 2007

by angerbeet
It's probable that he's going to seriously injure or kill one or several of his allies, possibly not one of the people travelling with him at the moment, at some point in time from overexposure to 'darkness' or whatever you want to call it. It's just a feeling I have, it seems to be moving towards something like that, unless he manages to take control of his armor.

Maybe the elf-massacre that was predicted earlier might be caused by Guts himself?

Edit: spoilered the whole loving thing cause it's spoilers for anyone who hasn't read through the arcs that the anime covered

Swedish Nice Boy fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 29, 2007

lyricaldanichan
Jan 23, 2004

My Boredom Has Outshined The Sun

Mr. Deathy posted:

Well there we go, 9th of November for the next chapter. Oh well, I suppose it's only a little over a month.

Ugh another wait..

It also mentions Griffith vs Kanishiyuka (Sorry for the name butcher) as the next chapter.. that will be very interesting.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
Were those new fairies? Does this mean Elfhelm or whatever is getting close? Well, we already know we won't find out next chapter, so I guess it's just gonna have to wait for now.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

I thought the same at first but I think it was just more Puck celebrity/famous character puns and that kind of poo poo

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
USE SPOILER TAGS PEOPLE CHRIST.

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Chapter 290

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!
Forgive me, fellow Berserk fans, for I am about to sin...

And since it's Berserk, you must have backstory:

Sorry, couldn't resist, for some reason I love chopping emoticons.

Waiting 'til November for the next issue is going to suck. And I will be waiting anxiously, for I love Berserk so much :3:

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

I'm guessing the next 2-4 chapters will feature Griffith vs Ganeshka. Hopefully he'll finish him off this time. I'm thinking all of this this Griffith business is building up to a huge :wtf: moment similar to the eclipse sooner or later.

Also, am I the only person who finds it strange that Ishidoro has no back story? I mean, he's perfectly badass as 'the kid with no baggage', but I keep wondering about what made him leave home.

Anyway, I guess we'll have to wait for November for the next chapter. :smithicide:

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Also, am I the only person who finds it strange that Ishidoro has no back story? I mean, he's perfectly badass as 'the kid with no baggage', but I keep wondering about what made him leave home.

Maybe his rearing was similar to Guts' :rimshot:

Lv99 Slacker
Oct 25, 2006
I'm not a Berserk fanatic or anything so I don't know what's up, but my friend said that he heard that season two of the anime is now airing in Japan?...What?

Hilbert Spaceship
Mar 15, 2007

If I was dyslexic I'd even hate dog too.

Lv99 Slacker posted:

I'm not a Berserk fanatic or anything so I don't know what's up, but my friend said that he heard that season two of the anime is now airing in Japan?...What?

There have been so many rumors of 'season 2' of Berserk, however, because of the amount of content they left out of the original anime there really is no way for them to coherently continue to series.

So, I'm horribly skeptical.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Lv99 Slacker posted:

It isn't, and even if it was they now face the opposite problem: the manga is so ridiculously loving long that they would never be able to make another "season", unless they just want to stop in the middle of nowhere again. They can't go the Bleach / Naruto route either, since it will probably be at least another 15+ years before the manga ends.

Cowboy
Nov 7, 2004

it was ok until she started peeing on me

FallenGod posted:

It isn't, and even if it was they now face the opposite problem: the manga is so ridiculously loving long that they would never be able to make another "season", unless they just want to stop in the middle of nowhere again. They can't go the Bleach / Naruto route either, since it will probably be at least another 15+ years before the manga ends.

Well at least there wouldn't ever be any filler, at all. An OVA of Berserk up to the eclipse would kick so much rear end, kinda like how Hellsing is doing the same thing right now.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Who says the anime has to cover the entire series? I would be happy with a new season of Berserk if it covered post eclipse through the end of the tower arc. It could even end on another :wtf: note with the return of Griffith.

The only problem would be the addition of omitted characters like Puck. They could always just pretend he was there all along and leave it to the viewer to figure that out.

ZhaoRi
Oct 25, 2005

"You can't live on hopes and dreams alone."

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Who says the anime has to cover the entire series? I would be happy with a new season of Berserk if it covered post eclipse through the end of the tower arc. It could even end on another :wtf: note with the return of Griffith.

That would be perfect. I just want to see Berserk animated with more great music :(

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

ZhaoRi posted:

That would be perfect. I just want to see Berserk animated with more great music :(

The music in Berserk was confusing. The opening and ending themes were loving atrocious, but all the other music, especially Forces, was great.

STFU DONNY
Apr 8, 2004

I'M RIDIN' SPINNAZ! THEY DON'T STOP!

Edge Zero posted:

The music in Berserk was confusing. The opening and ending themes were loving atrocious, but all the other music, especially Forces, was great.

Yeah, just pretend the opening and ending themes never existed and it makes it all better :) . I love the music set to the story.

Swedish Nice Boy
Jun 21, 2007

by angerbeet
I just want more outtakes, to be perfectly honest

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
You take that back, "Tell Me Why" was awesome :mad:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Dancing Ferret posted:

I just want more outtakes, to be perfectly honest
loving yes.

"Who wants to JERK ME OFF?"

Yatsuha
Sep 7, 2005

Grandpa's got his groove back
"My love for you... is like a truck berserker! do you want to making gently caress berserker! BERSERKER!!"

maxxheadcheese
Sep 9, 2005

Noble Man

Yatsuha posted:

"My love for you... is like a truck berserker! do you want to making gently caress berserker! BERSERKER!!"

"Would you like some making gently caress, berserker!" :engleft:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
"You know...Casca wants you to stuff her like a Thanksgiving turkey."

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
My favorite was "So which one of you is Goku?"

ZhaoRi
Oct 25, 2005

"You can't live on hopes and dreams alone."

Edge Zero posted:

I forgot the opening and ending even existed :barf:

I don't know why forces wasn't the opening. It fits so much better!

In the spirit of the awesome Berserk outtakes "I'm just a girl who can't say no"

ZhaoRi fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 3, 2007

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

"In a world of tiny objects..."

Oh god that old guy was awesome.

Yatsuha
Sep 7, 2005

Grandpa's got his groove back
"You stole fizzy lifting drink and now the ceiling has to be washed and sterilized, you get NOTHING sir, GOOD DAY!"

"Charlotte, GET OVER HERE."

Possibly my favourites out of all of them that haven't already been listed, all of the outtakes are hilarious though.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mido posted:

"In a world of tiny objects..."

Oh god that old guy was awesome.

I finally saw the outtakes last night (I haven't seen much of the Berserk anime), and those segments were my favorite part.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Twitch posted:

I finally saw the outtakes last night (I haven't seen much of the Berserk anime), and those segments were my favorite part.
Caska's VA was my favourite. She went from "Caska" to "Profanity screaming harpy" to "Oh dearie me did i do that :3:" in record time.

edit gender pronouns hur

George Rouncewell fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Oct 5, 2007

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Forest Fuckery posted:

Caska's VA was my favourite. He went from "Caska" to "Profanity screaming harpy" to "Oh dearie me did i do that :3:" in record time.

*She? :psyduck:

Swedish Nice Boy
Jun 21, 2007

by angerbeet
Hard to tell sometimes if it's a woman or a pre-pubescent boy

Favorite Berserk quote: "Life ain't nothin but bitches and money."

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Mido posted:

*She? :psyduck:
She, indeed. I suck at gender pronouns.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I always thought that the dagger throwing dude whose name I forget was a little girl.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
The best quote from the outtakes, bar none, is:

"I have a report! Sir! You do realize you are wearing a very, very faggy outfit!"
"No!"
"Hahaha he said 'no'!"

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
You really have to hear the delivery on the "No!" for that one, because what he actually says is more like "Nooaaeaghg!"

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I think my favorite outtake has to be where Caska says "You weren't listening, were you?" to Guts and he responds in a mimicking girl voice, "You weren't listening, were you?" It syncs up so perfectly I remember not being able to stop laughing at that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Dancing Ferret posted:

Hard to tell sometimes if it's a woman or a pre-pubescent boy

Favorite Berserk quote: "Life ain't nothin but bitches and money."

BEHIND THE VOICE