Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swedish Nice Boy
Jun 21, 2007

by angerbeet
Oh god it's... it's looking right at me!

Edit: Hahahaha, "THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES, BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR GURIFISU!"

Swedish Nice Boy fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Oct 6, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
If this bird craps on my arm, I'm going to eat it!

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Setzer Gabbiani posted:

BEHIND THE VOICE

I don't know whether I should be aroused or terrified.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Twitch posted:

I don't know whether I should be aroused or terrified.

Both dammit! :fap:

Lazermaniac
Sep 2, 2007
Do not stare into beam with remaining eye.

Scoobi posted:

I always thought that the dagger throwing dude whose name I forget was a little girl.

Yeah, I thought so too. His name is Judeau, by the way :eng101:

drat it, all my base are belong to them! Great justice!

Adon you crazy comic relief bastard.

Lazermaniac fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 8, 2007

7thLevelOfYar
Sep 30, 2003
You will be judged harshly.

Lazermaniac posted:

It does if your name is Armstrong :colbert:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

for those who have not seen the anime... dont read...

Griffith is, in fact, a girl who just can't say no.... he is in a terrible fix.... lies are good.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Today, on hilariously specific injuries...
I can't believe how i missed the double-eye kebab on the third row.

edit:
Holy table breakage!

George Rouncewell fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Oct 13, 2007

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Forest Fuckery posted:

edit:
Holy table breakage!

Even better, the guy who loses the entirety of his hearing organs in one piece.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

SpazmasterX posted:

Even better, the guy who loses the entirety of his hearing organs in one piece.
I know, but the eyes one is even more hilariously impossible. I mean he's completely intact except his eyes have shifted a foot to the right.
It's like Miura went "gently caress i haven't drawn anyone getting stabbed in the eyes for a while. Time to catch up."

Swedish Nice Boy
Jun 21, 2007

by angerbeet
A bunch of people with obviously fatal injuries except the guy who just lost a nose, that has to be the least dramatic injury every, the loss of a nose. And the worst part is the guy dies, since all the commanders die, from getting his nose ripped off by an arrow.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

Speculation time!

Reading Chapter 290, i started wondering will the next disaster consist of all his new friends dying? It would be evil, unexpected and oh-so-much like Berserk so far. I'm calling that someone dies in a suitably horrific fashion in front of Guts, and he is led to believe they all did.Cue guts going completely and utterly apeshit in the Berserker's Armor for a while, possibly killing more of his friends

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Forest Fuckery posted:

Speculation time!

Reading Chapter 290, i started wondering will the next disaster consist of all his new friends dying? It would be evil, unexpected and oh-so-much like Berserk so far. I'm calling that someone dies in a suitably horrific fashion in front of Guts, and he is led to believe they all did.Cue guts going completely and utterly apeshit in the Berserker's Armor for a while, possibly killing more of his friends

I don't think Guts will actually kill any of his friends himself, but I agree they've all been alive too long now. Unless it's Serpico, who will die in his final duel against Guts, in the process stopping him from killing anyone else. I'm going to guess Isidro dies first, because he's the least important to the plot.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful
I'm going to take a different perspective on this. I'd speculate that none of the current friends will die.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Dancing Ferret posted:

A bunch of people with obviously fatal injuries except the guy who just lost a nose, that has to be the least dramatic injury every, the loss of a nose. And the worst part is the guy dies, since all the commanders die, from getting his nose ripped off by an arrow.
Bear in mind this is an Apostle's arrow we're talking about here. The arrow probably exited from his nasal cavity after bisecting his auditory cortex, leaving the sound of screaming children ringing in his ears as he died.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Zoolooman posted:

I'm going to take a different perspective on this. I'd speculate that none of the current friends will die.

I agree with this. To me it seems more like Guts and Griffith are both reforming there personal "Band of Hawk"s and Guts will most likely keep his friends close until the near end. Guts has actually had traveling companions for the majority of this manga.

TheFuzzyLumpkin
Sep 15, 2003

But you are a person, and I can't say I'm awfully fond of that.

Zoolooman posted:

There's been the "what will happen when the group finds out exactly how hosed up Guts is?" moment that's been hinted at for quite some time now. They've all got to live at least past that.

Keep in mind, they know pretty much nothing about him or his past, other than he is a walking murder machine who manages to attract demons like poo poo attracts flies.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

There's been the "what will happen when the group finds out exactly how hosed up Guts is?" moment that's been hinted at for quite some time now. They've all got to live at least past that.

Keep in mind, they know pretty much nothing about him or his past, other than he is a walking murder machine who manages to attract demons like poo poo attracts flies.

I don't know if that'd make much of a difference. Isidoro would probabally respect/ idolize Guts even more knowing that he was the famous (infamous?) Raid Leader of the Band of the Hawks; he after all was talking about how amazing and how he wants to be like that but couldn't remember the guy's name :haw:

However, I think everyone (other then maybe Farneze) would probabally ally with Guts after hearing about Griffith and the Eclipse. Farneze might not because she's sort of torn between her upbringing as a zealot and her new life. Griffith basically is, to the world, literally a Saint, a messenger from god, a savior. Her religious inklings may lead her back to that.

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster
I agree that if any of them are going to bite the dust, it's Serpico. Something about him just screams "heroic last ditch sacrifice."

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Forest Fuckery posted:

This, obviously, is where Toady One got his damage model for arrows in Dwarf Fortress.

And I'm thinking Serpico is indeed the most likely one to die. Farnese is currently in transition to being a magic-user; she won't die until she's reached that goal. Schierke won't die (at least, not first), and there's no way that Caska will get killed off. Isidoro might die, but I think Serpico is more likely.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Only 2 days until some new Berserk, shame we're going back to that loving annoying Gana-loving-whatever-his-name-is poo poo though. :argh:

MDR
Feb 16, 2004
KING NORTH PARK
Berserk is honestly one of the best mangas ever, the characters are great, the action is great and all in all its put together well. It bums me out there are no dvd's past #4 for the anime though :(

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Maybe someday somehow someone will decide to redo the anime in an OVA format like they are doing with Hellsing. :devil:

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

There's rumours about a new anime series/ova's endlessly, all the time, it just never ends up coming to be. Apparently the original series wasn't really hugely successful due to its late time slot or something.

I guess there's also the fact though that Miura could still be working on this in 10 years time, if not longer, so if they made a new series then it could only go so far before they had to take a break for several years again.

OVA's would be the best bet probably, sort of like how things with Hellsing are, with releases being as inconsistent as those of manga chapters. That'd be one shitload of ova's though.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Has anyone seen this image before?

Apparently Miura made an april fool's image for Young Animal. Besides the obvious joke here I think a time jump might actually be possible in this story. It's happened before. Either way, we're still stuck with this one for the long haul. :(

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Holy poo poo that's hilarious and awesome.

Is that Gutts under the logo? Man, Caska sure ages a whole lot better than him!

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I know that image is possibly a joke, but I think it's a good sign that Miura intends on eventually healing Caska (notice that she's wearing armor). And old Isidoro looks pretty awesome.

The obvious joke is Guts bowing down before Griffith, right?

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Twitch posted:

The obvious joke is Guts bowing down before Griffith, right?

No,he's slowly walking up to him to administer the killing blow. Notice he's bleeding all over the place. The joke is the story has been going on for so long that both Guts and Griffith look like they want to get it over with.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Twitch posted:

I know that image is possibly a joke, but I think it's a good sign that Miura intends on eventually healing Caska (notice that she's wearing armor).

You can put armor on a retarded person. Haven't you ever seen Beyond Thunderdome?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Edge Zero posted:

You can put armor on a retarded person. Haven't you ever seen Beyond Thunderdome?

Or just pretty much every fodder soldier in Berserk. On the topic of OVAs, I'd loving love to see the Mozgus battle in full animated glory.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Nov 8, 2007

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Has anyone seen this image before?
Am I the only one who immediatly saw Schierke's MASSIVE JAY LENO CHIN and nothing else?

Leppy
May 29, 2005

by Eris Is Goddess
After reading the first 11 volumes i'd say the most disturbing image i've seen so far would have to have been when: young Guts was raped...
It's a guarantee that there will be something more mindfucking(no pun intended) that later on right?
I really hope so because it's fun to be shocked like that.

Oh, and to those speaking of his other works..
Is there any type of continuation going with the comic JAPAN or is there just going to be the one volume?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Leppy posted:

After reading the first 11 volumes i'd say the most disturbing image i've seen so far would have to have been when: young Guts was raped...
It's a guarantee that there will be something more mindfucking(no pun intended) that later on right?

Is there any type of continuation going with the comic JAPAN or is there just going to be the one volume?

Oh yea, dude, you don't even know what you're in for.

Tualek
May 28, 2006
Small Body
Well, I just caught up to where all of you guys are. I had started it from the very beginning. One of my friends had told me to read but I never got around to it. I have to say I was not disappointed. At first, it was ok, no better than Hellsing. Well after finishing up, I can say now that it is the most badass thing I have ever laid eyes on. This loving rocks. I should go watch the anime next.

Leppy posted:

You've barely nicked the surface.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

Leppy posted:

Mindfuckage is about to reach critical levels.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Leppy posted:

Hahahaha. My friend, the worst is yet to come. Miura makes sure you really, really don't sympathize with people/ characters that are supposed to be bad. His method of doing this is rape. Also murder too but still.

maxxheadcheese
Sep 9, 2005

Noble Man
Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space!

RAW is out:
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21130

Well not that much happend. But then again, just 2 weeks til next chapter.

maxxheadcheese fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 8, 2007

Koobuh
May 23, 2003

GBS Snowgoon
"Has anyone seen this image before?"

Wow, that's just depressing...
Caska is a tired old woman, Guts looks like Godo on a bad day, Puck's turned into Yoda, and both Isidro and Schierke have sprouted chins to rival Rod Hull.

Seriously laughing at the look on Isidro's face though... 'I will cut you'

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Guts would only be in his early 40's, so it doesn't really make that much sense to me why he would have so much white hair. But then again the Berserker's armor already started whiting out some of it because of his frayed nerves or whatever. Still a pretty funny/cool image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazed_Capybara_Rider
Oct 22, 2000

I like the fact Isidro looks exactly like Gambino.