Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Uthor posted:

Well, the guy at the bottom of the jacket page said he was very happy with the jacket and these $100 pants:
http://www.newenough.com/protective_apparel/textile_jackets_and_pants/tour_master/venture_textile_motorcycle_overpants.html

I actually just bought a set of those. They're great...I've been using them without the liner down in SB, but with it they'd probably be quite toasty. I haven't had the chance to test them in the rain yet, but when i do i'll let you guys know.

They've got armor in all the right places, they're working out great for me so far, no complaints besides the fact that i'm just barely right between sizes, so i went with the slightly smaller one. They stretched a little bit and now fit basically perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swingline Savvy
Aug 10, 2005
Things for sale, gotta buy parts for the new track bike.

Feel free to make offers, this is all extra crap and it just needs to GO.
Prices listed are 'buy now' shipped to CONUS.

Feel free to make an offer

Alpine Star GPTech gloves.
The best they make, currently selling from $160-$240 on eBay.
These have been worn once (I wear a LG, these are MD) and are flawless/like new.
$150 shipped.

Alpine Star SMX-Plus boots.
Higher-end racing/track/street boot.
These have some use, but they're quite sound and have no damage/issues of any kind.
The wear is normal walking/scuffing, the sliders were replaced recently and haven't been down since.
Currently $150-$280 on eBay.
$180 shipped.

Arai RX-7 Corsair LG.
This is the Sete Gibernau replica and is flawless.
Never been down (of course) and only retired as I have newer helmets I like more.
Currently $350-$550 on eBay.
$275 shipped.
Comes with this bag, as well as the cloth Arai soft bag.

(Cat not included)
Also includes:
Amber, Clear and Dark Smoke shields (clear shield has a Fog-City photo-chromatic insert installed).

Autocomm Pro-7 Sport
Includes 9v connector as well as the 12v wiring harness.
Includes Kenwood interconnect/radio kit.
1 helmet (closed-face) headset.
Audio interconnect.
Helmet extension lead.

I don't see any of these currently on eBay, but there's around $600 or so invested.
Works flawlessly, no issues.
$350 shipped.

Hein Gericke Celtic 1-pc suit (the green one) in SZ 44.
Never worn, as-new condition.
I don't see any of these on eBay currently.
$425 shipped.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

I'm selling my Held Akira gloves since I don't really need them and they don't fit my hand as well as some other gloves.

Red/black size 8.5, worn twice commuting and once on a ~60 mile Sunday ride. They aren't even broken in yet. You can see a very slight discoloration on the right hand palm, that's from the new throttle grip I had on. It's a nice glove and it's made well, but the fitment just wasn't for me and I'm unable to exhange them. It's a track/street/race glove with armor on the knuckle and wrist, with a soft kangaroo palm. Here is the newenough info page on them: http://www.newenough.com/gloves/street_or_racing_gauntlet/held/akira_motorcycle_gloves.html

Paid $200 for them, looking to get $160 shipped, offers maybe considered. Feel free to email me at infinotize@gmail.com for fastest response.

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches

mhsneon posted:

I am considering getting the Roadcrafter 1 piece suit. A few questions I have is how it is in hot weather? My jacket now is textile and has a removable liner, and it still gets very hot in the summer. The weather is dry here, but it does get into the 90's. Also will I have issues riding differnt kinds of bikes. The main two bikes I will be riding are my DR650 and my Honda 919(standard position, but not as upright as the DR).

You'll be fine if you're moving. The vents work quite well.

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp
I know there isn't a lot of love for Icon or Joe Rocket stuff here. But I wanted to see if anyone had experience with either this jacket or gloves.

http://www.moto4less.com/icon-timax-2-jackets-p-street-icon-jackets-men.html

http://www.newenough.com/gloves/street_or_racing_gauntlet/joe_rocket/sonic_motorcycle_gloves.html

They both seemed to be reasonably priced. From what I gather Icon stuff can be a little bit overpriced. But 300 for a jacket doesn't seem to be to bad, am I missing something here?

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003

Valt posted:

I know there isn't a lot of love for Icon or Joe Rocket stuff here. But I wanted to see if anyone had experience with either this jacket or gloves.

http://www.moto4less.com/icon-timax-2-jackets-p-street-icon-jackets-men.html

They both seemed to be reasonably priced. From what I gather Icon stuff can be a little bit overpriced. But 300 for a jacket doesn't seem to be to bad, am I missing something here?

$300 for a textile jacket is a RIPOFF. Seriously, I don't mind Icon stuff, I know it's flashy and I've seen people wreck in their leather stuff with no issues, but their price is often really high considering what they offer and this is an extreme example of such.

I paid $140 shipped for my MotoGP Corkscrew leather jacket with CE armor from newenough. Hell, $215 would get you a perf Icon jacket:

http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/leather_suits_jackets_and_pants/icon/pursuit_perforated_leather_motorcycle_jacket.html

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

Blaise posted:

$300 for a textile jacket is a RIPOFF. Seriously, I don't mind Icon stuff, I know it's flashy and I've seen people wreck in their leather stuff with no issues, but their price is often really high considering what they offer and this is an extreme example of such.

I paid $140 shipped for my MotoGP Corkscrew leather jacket with CE armor from newenough. Hell, $215 would get you a perf Icon jacket:

http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/leather_suits_jackets_and_pants/icon/pursuit_perforated_leather_motorcycle_jacket.html

Awesome thanks! I really don't know a lot about riding jackets, so it's hard for me to tell when I'm getting ripped off. I'm not at all leaning towards Icon stuff, it's just I liked the way it looked sort of and if it was reasonably priced I would have considered it. I think that textile is going to be better for me, since I have no intentions of riding super hard. Plus they are a fair amount cheaper then leather and light/cooler.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Joe Rocket stuff is decent middle of the road stuff. The only thing I don't like about their jackets is the stupid snaps that tighten the elbow armor. I broke mine off in under a year and the new ones are already cracking.

Dennis Kirk has some Alpinestars gloves for sale for $40-$50. They're the old versions of the SP-2 and SP-3 gloves, but in really limited quantities. The SP-2s seem to be XXL only, but there are a couple sizes of the SP-3 gloves left.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/tpl/c...&page=&limit=20

I have the SP-2s and really like 'em. I haven't tried the SP-3s. I'm also happy buying from Dennis Kirk and they have a pretty decent return policy ($6 flat rate for returns and that includes the shipping cost).

EDIT:
vvvvvvvv: Well, apparently the SP-3s suck. Still like my SP-2s.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 7, 2007

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo
I have the SP-3s and let me tell you something about them: they suck. They suck for any distance longer than a hour, they suck in the rain, they suck in the cold. They're only really good for short rides in temerate weather. There's no padding in the palm, only passable knucle protection, and the next time I buy a pair of gloves they definitely WON'T be SP-3s. I'll spring for something with a bit more protection, and a lot more comfort. I would not recommend these gloves at all.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Valt posted:

Awesome thanks! I really don't know a lot about riding jackets, so it's hard for me to tell when I'm getting ripped off. I'm not at all leaning towards Icon stuff, it's just I liked the way it looked sort of and if it was reasonably priced I would have considered it. I think that textile is going to be better for me, since I have no intentions of riding super hard. Plus they are a fair amount cheaper then leather and light/cooler.

Gear is gear, basically. I'd trust just about known maker's gear to hold up in a street accident situation. I like leather for my gloves and jackets. On my legs i'm ok with textile gear.

The best thing you can do, though, is go out to a store and find something that really fits you right...see if you can find it online for cheaper, or if the store will price match for you.

Now, if you're talking about track riding or aggressive twisty use, other things are going to factor into your gear consideration. But for now, you can pretty much trust that any brand name gear will be fine for you, and get what you like that fits you well.

greg_graffin
Dec 10, 2004

he died for your sins!!
The bottom part of the zipper on my Dainese Zen leather jacket more or less tore off after just over a year of use and the warranty on it is up. Should I bite the bullet and pay Dainese to fix it, or find a local shop that does clothing work and see if they can put a new zipper on? I don't even know what or who to look for in the yellow pages to find someone that could do the work locally in a competent fashion.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

greg_graffin posted:

The bottom part of the zipper on my Dainese Zen leather jacket more or less tore off after just over a year of use and the warranty on it is up. Should I bite the bullet and pay Dainese to fix it, or find a local shop that does clothing work and see if they can put a new zipper on? I don't even know what or who to look for in the yellow pages to find someone that could do the work locally in a competent fashion.

Search for a local leather repair shop. If they repair moto gear they should be able to sew in a new zipper.

ChiliMac
Apr 13, 2005

That's why I never kiss 'em on the mouth.
So I have some Tour Master leather pants in the mail and I'm going to want to zip them to my Dainese jacket somehow (I alluded to this before when I hadn't yet bought pants). Now my options are to get the TM zipper put on the jacket (It comes with the other half) or get a new zipper altogether.

I have e-mailed a local leathers shop (SYED) and they said if I went to them they would be replacing both halves with one of their zippers--I'm not sure if this is really the way I want to go since at the very least using the TM zipper nets me some compatibility with other stuff out there. Problem then is if I get another jacket I won't have another zipper to sew in.

I'm starting to think I should just go to a normal tailor/seamstress and get the TM zipper put on the jacket. I've never had to do this before, what seems the most logical? :o:

Do you guys with poo poo loads of gear just not have compatibility outside individual brands?

bung posted:

Search for a local leather repair shop. If they repair moto gear they should be able to sew in a new zipper.

Can they match specific zippers? Else it sounds like you might have to sew a new zipper into the pants as well.

the_reject
May 30, 2002
I'll be echoing a sentiment from back on page 1, but last week I purchased my riding gear for the upcoming season and beyond. I'm a new rider and I got into it knowing I'd be spending a lot of dough on gear, so I wasn't going to cheap out. A friend and I stopped at a BMW dealer here in the Atlanta area last week, and after several hours of trying on different jackets (Commuter 3, Santiago, etc, and some non-BMW brands), I finally settled on the BMW Rallye 2 Pro. What sold me was the more than adequate vents, the Gore-Tex liner, and above all, the back protector. I could have walked out of the shop with a Santiago (which actually has better fabric than the Rallye 2, but the armor isn't as good) in my size, but the back protector in the Rallye 2 really swayed me more than the increase in price so I placed the order and waited for it to come in.

It arrived today, and yeah. It's awesome. My only remorse is that I didn't purchase it online. I would've saved a lot of bread versus buying it at the dealer. But I see this jacket as something that I can easily wear year-round, and something I don't mind putting on before going out on a ride - which is kind of the point with gear anyway.

Jolci
Mar 29, 2004
deliberate

Uthor posted:

Joe Rocket stuff is decent middle of the road stuff. The only thing I don't like about their jackets is the stupid snaps that tighten the elbow armor. I broke mine off in under a year and the new ones are already cracking.

Dennis Kirk has some Alpinestars gloves for sale for $40-$50. They're the old versions of the SP-2 and SP-3 gloves, but in really limited quantities. The SP-2s seem to be XXL only, but there are a couple sizes of the SP-3 gloves left.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/tpl/c...&page=&limit=20

I have the SP-2s and really like 'em. I haven't tried the SP-3s. I'm also happy buying from Dennis Kirk and they have a pretty decent return policy ($6 flat rate for returns and that includes the shipping cost).

EDIT:
vvvvvvvv: Well, apparently the SP-3s suck. Still like my SP-2s.

I bought some SP-2's the other week from https://www.motosport.com for $50 and they arrived in just a few days, ground shipping. Very fast processing and they have a large selection :)

I've only worn them for a few hours today, but I love them so far. They fit very well for my medium-sized hands, and seem to have all the right padding in the right places. I wish there was a wrist strap, but they fit well enough that I'm not too worried. The velcro is very strong and will definitely last a while.

They're replacing my less than a year old MotoGP RPM gloves which loving SUCK. Do NOT buy these gloves! The stitching was terrible, the leather was thin, the trim started rubbing off in a few weeks, and the velcro stopped sticking will less than a few months into ownership. Every single day I've ridden the velcro straps have come undone (either the wrist, gauntlet, or both). Not exactly confidence inspiring, and it's not like I'm moving my hand in crazy rear end contorted ways. Twisting the throttle was liable to make a strap come undone. The velcro just sucked. The only good thing about the gloves is that they fit well -- but the gauntlet straps were unwieldy and I didn't like them much.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I have already worn several holes through the MotoGP gloves just from normal use. I shouldn't be able to wear through gloves by just working the brakes, clutch, and throttle in a few months.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

ChiliMac posted:

So I have some Tour Master leather pants in the mail and I'm going to want to zip them to my Dainese jacket somehow (I alluded to this before when I hadn't yet bought pants). Now my options are to get the TM zipper put on the jacket (It comes with the other half) or get a new zipper altogether.

I have e-mailed a local leathers shop (SYED) and they said if I went to them they would be replacing both halves with one of their zippers--I'm not sure if this is really the way I want to go since at the very least using the TM zipper nets me some compatibility with other stuff out there. Problem then is if I get another jacket I won't have another zipper to sew in.

I'm starting to think I should just go to a normal tailor/seamstress and get the TM zipper put on the jacket. I've never had to do this before, what seems the most logical? :o:

Do you guys with poo poo loads of gear just not have compatibility outside individual brands?

Can they match specific zippers? Else it sounds like you might have to sew a new zipper into the pants as well.

I'd just go to a normal tailor and get the one that comes with it attached.

If you ever picked up another jacket, you could probably just call TM and they'd ship a set of their zippers out to you.

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

the_reject posted:

I'll be echoing a sentiment from back on page 1, but last week I purchased my riding gear for the upcoming season and beyond. I'm a new rider and I got into it knowing I'd be spending a lot of dough on gear, so I wasn't going to cheap out. A friend and I stopped at a BMW dealer here in the Atlanta area last week, and after several hours of trying on different jackets (Commuter 3, Santiago, etc, and some non-BMW brands), I finally settled on the BMW Rallye 2 Pro. What sold me was the more than adequate vents, the Gore-Tex liner, and above all, the back protector. I could have walked out of the shop with a Santiago (which actually has better fabric than the Rallye 2, but the armor isn't as good) in my size, but the back protector in the Rallye 2 really swayed me more than the increase in price so I placed the order and waited for it to come in.

It arrived today, and yeah. It's awesome. My only remorse is that I didn't purchase it online. I would've saved a lot of bread versus buying it at the dealer. But I see this jacket as something that I can easily wear year-round, and something I don't mind putting on before going out on a ride - which is kind of the point with gear anyway.

I love mine, I expect you'll really enjoy yours. One thing that took me a while to figure out: When you open the sleeve vents have the zippers meet in the middle to keep the elbow armor secure and close to your arm.

the_reject
May 30, 2002

PlasticSun posted:

I love mine, I expect you'll really enjoy yours. One thing that took me a while to figure out: When you open the sleeve vents have the zippers meet in the middle to keep the elbow armor secure and close to your arm.
I just did this, and will be sharing it with my riding buddy who also has a Rallye 2. I swear, this thing should've come with a 50-page instruction manual!

This week hasn't been all that cold here in Atlanta, so I've been running without the liner. Tonight I got stuck in a light shower on my way home (first time in rain coupled with first time riding after dusk). I was certain that I'd get a little damp without the Goretex liner (as well as cursing the fact I'd taken it out right before hopping on the bike because I was a little warm), but I made it through 10 minutes of it without problem. I'm in love with this jacket - I'm hoping that it won't be too hot in the summer because I don't want to sacrifice the protection it offers, but at the same time, I don't want to be so miserable wearing it that I'm discouraged to put it on.

the_reject fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Nov 22, 2007

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

the_reject posted:

I just did this, and will be sharing it with my riding buddy who also has a Rallye 2. I swear, this thing should've come with a 50-page instruction manual!

This week hasn't been all that cold here in Atlanta, so I've been running without the liner. Tonight I got stuck in a light shower on my way home (first time in rain coupled with first time riding after dusk). I was certain that I'd get a little damp without the Goretex liner (as well as cursing the fact I'd taken it out right before hopping on the bike because I was a little warm), but I made it through 10 minutes of it without problem. I'm in love with this jacket - I'm hoping that it won't be too hot in the summer because I don't want to sacrifice the protection it offers, but at the same time, I don't want to be so miserable wearing it that I'm discouraged to put it on.

I just made it through baja and death valley wearing it in areas where the temp was over 100. I think it's a perfect traveling jacket. I also find it gets even more water resistant without the liner the dirtier it gets :)

Some people have told me they don't like it in cold weather as the liner dosen't keep them warm enough. Personally I prefer it not to have a thrid insulating layer like the Rev'it jackets since I run a heated liner in the extreme cold and the jacket gives me a bit more room to move than other liners that have more insulation.

the_reject
May 30, 2002

PlasticSun posted:

I just made it through baja and death valley wearing it in areas where the temp was over 100. I think it's a perfect traveling jacket. I also find it gets even more water resistant without the liner the dirtier it gets :)
I've lived in the Mojave Desert, so this is reassuring. It's rare for Atlanta to see 100F in the summer. What isn't rare is 90F with 2,000,000% humidity. But, I'm gaining more confidence in the ventilation system to keep the air moving and prevent a swamp from forming inside the jacket. :xd:

I figure worst-case scenario, I'll be looking at an Airflow 3.

abunchofnumbers
May 31, 2007
How do you keep your visor from fogging up? I'm wearing the scorpian exo1000, and I leave it in the locker room at work which is usually pretty warm (high 70s). When I leave work and put it on it's in the lower 50's and it fogs up pretty bad. I've been riding with the visor open so I can see but that really sucks.

After riding for a bit when the temperatures evens out it stops fogging, but I'd like to see if there's a way to get it unfogged quicker.

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

abunchofnumbers posted:

How do you keep your visor from fogging up? I'm wearing the scorpian exo1000, and I leave it in the locker room at work which is usually pretty warm (high 70s). When I leave work and put it on it's in the lower 50's and it fogs up pretty bad. I've been riding with the visor open so I can see but that really sucks.

After riding for a bit when the temperatures evens out it stops fogging, but I'd like to see if there's a way to get it unfogged quicker.

Take shaving cream (not gel) and rub it on the inside of your visor, then wipe it off, you'll be good for 5-10 commutes, then just reapply. This may be less effective if the visor comes with an anti-fog pre treatment. You could always just put on a fog city screen but I always get finger prints somewhere I don't want them when I try those.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

abunchofnumbers posted:

It's not the temperature differential, it's the humidity in the locker room - do you have somewhere less humid that you can leave the helmet? Can you lock it on the bike without too much fear of it being stolen? The Scorpion shields are one of the best I've ever seen for fog resistance - you could breathe on the shield in my EXO-700 in sub-freezing weather and it would clear almost instantly. Have you "cleaned" the inside of the visor with anything?

DrChu
May 14, 2002

Does the humidity/temperature differential even matter once you're outside for a few minutes? Once you start moving, the outside of the shield is going to get cold real quick, and the inside will have your humid breathe hitting it, and you're gonna get fog. I've found that the easiest way to deal with it is once you come to a longer stop (like from a traffic light), flip the shield up. Once you get moving again, close it again (or if its really humid, leave the last notch open).

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!
I just started using my new helmet. An ICON Mainframe Halo.

It's noisy. I've found out why though, it's the gap between the visor's lower edge and the side of the helmet. I'll need to see what I can do about that. once I covered that gap the helmet went silent.

I've only got two or three hours in the helmet so far. No sore spots, but it's quite tight to get in an out of. Ventilation is decent. I was riding in humid, cold weather, the fogging wasn't to bad.

Pictures later.

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo

Nerobro posted:

I just started using my new helmet. An ICON Mainframe Halo.

May I humbly ask: why did you choose this helmet? Was there something about it specifically you liked, or have you used Icon helmets before? I'm just curious. :)

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches

teknicolor posted:

May I humbly ask: why did you choose this helmet? Was there something about it specifically you liked, or have you used Icon helmets before? I'm just curious. :)

I would wager it has more to do with the $50 pricetag than anything else about the lid.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Jazzzzz posted:

The Scorpion shields are one of the best I've ever seen for fog resistance - you could breathe on the shield in my EXO-700 in sub-freezing weather and it would clear almost instantly.
I had the same experience until I got the optional chin insert for the EXO-700. Almost immediately it was fogging as badly as my Arai. :cry:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

My helimot suit showed up today:

It's fairly awesome, but needs to be broken in...it has more padding than any other piece of gear i've ever worn. The hip armor on it is serious, in fact, all of the armor (a foam based impact compound) is pretty astounding. From my experience with my back protector, which is made out of the same stuff, and the knuckles of my gloves, it's going to be excellent in any crash situation.

The fit is basically perfect, so no complaints there...I'll probably be gaining a little weight as i'm going to start working out again, so there's just the right amount of room for me to expand in there. Thus far, i really dig it. We'll see what i think in 15000 miles, or a crash or 3.

Edit: Better pic.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Nov 24, 2007

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I've got about $1k to play with, so I'm looking to get more luggage fitted to my bike.

I've already got saddlebags, which are pretty kick rear end, but I need something I can fit my laptop in for the commute to University.

What would be my best options?

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

TheHeadSage posted:

I've got about $1k to play with, so I'm looking to get more luggage fitted to my bike.

I've already got saddlebags, which are pretty kick rear end, but I need something I can fit my laptop in for the commute to University.

What would be my best options?
What is the year/make/model of your bike? There are some decent "generic" packages out there, but for $1k you can probably get a kick-rear end hard luggage setup made specifically for your bike.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

Skier posted:

I would wager it has more to do with the $50 pricetag than anything else about the lid.

Fair bet. But it was $100 at the time. I won't just buy "any" cheap helmet. I've seen people make that mistake before.. and one got a rather fun face injury due to said choice.

A buddy of mine bought another icon helmet. I liked it a lot, it has good ear pockets. Attention is paid to to covering the chin. (which helps wind noise) It was the right color, the right size, it looked neat without being to gaudy, and it's produced by HJC.

I thought I knew what I was getting into. The helmet fits well once on, but it's a pain in the butt to get off my head. The rigid foam closes in a bit towards the front of the helmet, which causes some interesting fitting issues pulling it off.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

rope kid posted:

What is the year/make/model of your bike? There are some decent "generic" packages out there, but for $1k you can probably get a kick-rear end hard luggage setup made specifically for your bike.

It's an '05 Yamaha V-Star. For the moment, I'm looking at just getting a sissy-bar added and something like this so I can go touring during the holidays.

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Z3n posted:

My helimot suit showed up today:

Looks like an awesome piece of gear. Stylish knee sliders :)

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
am i the only one that thinks one piece suits look kinda queer? what's the benefit? if you've got a connecting zipper on your 2 piece, i can't see one.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

am i the only one that thinks one piece suits look kinda queer? what's the benefit? if you've got a connecting zipper on your 2 piece, i can't see one.

I wear a 2 piece setup for daily driving, but for track use, when you're looking at potentially 100+ get off speed, i wouldn't really trust any zipper to hold together.

Also, for those of you who are smaller this is an insane deal:

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Rocket-Sp...5950161&sr=1-56

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Z3n posted:

I wear a 2 piece setup for daily driving, but for track use, when you're looking at potentially 100+ get off speed, i wouldn't really trust any zipper to hold together.

Also, for those of you who are smaller this is an insane deal:

http://www.amazon.com/Joe-Rocket-Sp...5950161&sr=1-56

Wow, I'm almost tempted to buy that just in case it fits me. My 2 piece jacket is a size small and I've got some room in that still. It fits me according to the chest and waist size, but the approx weight/height is ~5'8" and 125 lbs and I'm 5'10" 145...

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

pr0zac posted:

Wow, I'm almost tempted to buy that just in case it fits me. My 2 piece jacket is a size small and I've got some room in that still. It fits me according to the chest and waist size, but the approx weight/height is ~5'8" and 125 lbs and I'm 5'10" 145...

You could buy it and toss it up on ebay if it didn't fit. Considering they go for an MSRP of 1k, i don't think you'd lose money on it. I liked mine a lot...wore it for 1.5 years and about 35k without any problems.

Edit: I'm around 5'11, 170 pounds, and the 44 was loose on me, for what it's worth.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Looks like the JR suit is already sold out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

bung posted:

Looks like the JR suit is already sold out.

Yeah, one of them is hopefully mine. =D Only problem is I'm probably going to sell my bike next week to pay off my last student loan. I'll wear it riding around on my girlfriend's scooter.