Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

viragosa
Sep 10, 2006

my brain thinks bomb-like
Alright, well, this has been bothering me and my little sister forever. We saw the movie about five to seven years ago, and I barely remember anything about it, except it looked like it was made in the late eighties. There's a scene with a teddybear dancing on a crescent moon outside of a little girl's window, and the movie has a lot to do with both the bear and the little girl. There was a song somewhere in there, too. It was less a youth movie and more a general audiences movie.

That's all I got. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Arkanomen posted:

Ok, I saw this movie a while back on the Sci-Fi Channel. It was something along the lines of journey to the center of the earth but not even close in plot. It starts out with this old scientist looking for peices of the "Book" i think. The piece was "vomited up by Montezuma" and was uber powerful or something like that. The assistant gives the guy (I think its his uncle) a ring, just before the scientist shoots down into an exploding volcano. Several years later the assistnat rebuilds the earth ship and makes his own trip. His team make it down and run into these fanged manta ray like things. They also find an underground city filled with yeti people. They save one and he joins the team. There was also a bad guy who had the rest of the "Book" and could control the ray creatures and the walls of the underground cavern. The group tries to leave but the villain unhooks from his life support chair and tries to get the last part of the book. He fails and falls into the lava, and its revealed that the villain's hand is wearing the ring from earlier, implying hes the uncle. Thats all I remember. I think they escape, or go live with the yetis or something. It was a little hokey but I liked it but I can't remember the name. Any help would be appreciated.

Oh man, I've seen this one too. I can't recall the name, but I'm pretty sure this was actually the pilot for a TV show that never took off.

Rodney Munch
May 4, 2006

IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT MY GENES HATE HOMOSEXUALS
Ok this is a hosed up one. I saw this movie when I was like 7 and its scared me for life.

Its an animated cartoon movie from the 80's or maybe even 70's. I don't really think its Japanese although I guess it could be. Its clearly R rated too. Its a sci-fi post-apocalyptic type of deal. I think basically the earth has been conquered by a bunch of space bugs or something. I vaguely remember 2 scenes from the movie.

Scene 1: A little boy and an old lady watch in the distance as a bunch of massive alien bug creatures approach. The bugs are like 500 feet tall or something and look like big worms/larva. The boy looks over at the woman and says "does it hurt when you die?"

Scene 2: There is a chick in this skin tight spandex jumpsuit, except there are 2 holes in the chest so that her titties are just hanging out, flopping around constantly. She runs over to this bug larva on the ground, picks it up and starts breastfeeding it :wtc:

Yeah I watched this poo poo when I was 7. It was loving nuts.

Internet Gentleman
Mar 17, 2006

I'm so happy to be here.

Rodney Munch posted:

Its an animated cartoon movie 70's sci-fi.

Scene 1: A little boy and an old lady watch in the distance as a bunch of massive alien bug creatures approach. The bugs are like 500 feet tall or something and look like big worms/larva. The boy looks over at the woman and says "does it hurt when you die?"

Scene 2: There is a chick in this skin tight spandex jumpsuit, except there are 2 holes in the chest so that her titties are just hanging out, flopping around constantly. She runs over to this bug larva on the ground, picks it up and starts breastfeeding it :wtc:

Yeah I watched this poo poo when I was 7. It was loving nuts.

Sounds like it could be La Planète Sauvage
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070544/

Its called was Fantastic Planet for the U.S. release and is an animated tale of humans kept as domesticated pets by an alien race of giant blue humanoids.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Internet Gentleman posted:

Sounds like it could be La Planète Sauvage
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070544/

Its called was Fantastic Planet for the U.S. release and is an animated tale of humans kept as domesticated pets by an alien race of giant blue humanoids.

Except for the fact that none of that poo poo happens in Fantastic Planet.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

The Red Queen posted:

Oh man, I've seen this one too. I can't recall the name, but I'm pretty sure this was actually the pilot for a TV show that never took off.

After random googling I hit a random forum about obscure sci-fi and this popped up.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107279/

Internet Gentleman
Mar 17, 2006

I'm so happy to be here.

FitFortDanga posted:

Except for the fact that none of that poo poo happens in Fantastic Planet.

Yeah, except for the fact the movie was an animated sci-fi movie that came out in the 70's with giant worms in it and a blue woman in spandex with her breasts exposed.

But your post has given him a much better lead to follow. Thanks!

Klax
May 8, 2004

hoox
I've got 2 that have been bothering me for awhile

1: 70s Sci-fi movie set in a base on another planet. Only 2 or 3 people are staffing the base, and I forget literally any of the plot involved. There is also a robot in the base. One guy thinks that robots are simply the best, and the other is quite confident than humans are better. Anyhow, The guy who isn't too fond of robots is playing chess against the robot, right as he makes the final move to beat the robot, he tells the other human guy "there's one thing you can't teach a robot... sacrifice."

2: This one's animated and I used to rent and watch it as a kid, and I only include it because I recall that it was longer than 30 minutes (so I don't think it was a serial show). Anyhow, The only concrete thing I remember about it is that a bunch of the good guys tended to get turned to stone. But they didn't just turn into statues, they turned into these blocky stone humanoid forms with a single daisy popping out of the top of their head. Also, there may have been tiny unicorns/pegasi involved.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Klax posted:

I've got 2 that have been bothering me for awhile

1: 70s Sci-fi movie set in a base on another planet. Only 2 or 3 people are staffing the base, and I forget literally any of the plot involved. There is also a robot in the base. One guy thinks that robots are simply the best, and the other is quite confident than humans are better. Anyhow, The guy who isn't too fond of robots is playing chess against the robot, right as he makes the final move to beat the robot, he tells the other human guy "there's one thing you can't teach a robot... sacrifice."

I'm almost certain this is Saturn 3. (It's a terrible film.)

Edit: This ludicrous URL tells me it definitely is: http://books.google.com/books?id=XoA1mgr3XSYC&pg=PA177&lpg=PA177&dq=%22saturn+3%22+chess&source=web&ots=bjA_6xXKwo&sig=xLdjlrTMVjbgfspA6Jx1nR0RTXk#PPA177,M1

Unkempt fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Nov 6, 2007

Von Stroheim
Apr 1, 2006

mikrokosmos posted:

There was this (made for TV?) horror movie I saw back in '94 or '95. I think the title had "mulberry" in the title, or mulberries were otherwise thematically relevant. I remember I googled/imdb'd it a couple of years ago and I found it easily enough, but the title eventually faded from memory. I tried searching for it again this morning, but I couldn't find it using (presumably) the same keywords.

It focuses on your typical well-to-do family: mother, father, daughter. They hire a babysitter who turns out to be in league with the devil or something, I forget the exact details. I remember at some point she's showing the daughter this old looking storybook and it there's this drawing of Satan that creeped the hell out of me when I saw it as a kid. Later on, she seduces the father. Towards the end, the house catches fire and there's this image of the storybook opened up to the page with the drawing of Satan burning up. And that's all I can remember. Any help would be appreciated.

It sounds like Midnight's Child
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104865/plotsummary

Also reposting my request.

This one has been bothering me for years.It was a horror movie from the late 70's early 80's. I think it took place in England in a huge manor house with a turret. A man and his wife move in and the husband is an artist who takes over the turret room as his studio. It's haunted by a female ghost/demon who seduces the man. The clearest visual I can remember is a glass enclosed pool or flooded greenhouse with a huge tree that has fallen in the middle. I think the final scene takes place there with a near drowning.

drat my video store for throwing out the majority of the horror VHS section.

Von Stroheim fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 7, 2007

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

This is a tough one. I saw a movie in an elementary school gym in about '83-84 when I was about 8 years old that scared the piss out of me. It was about some kind of dark future where the air had become poisonous and everyone had to wear these creepy-rear end gasmasks. All trees and animals were dead, but there was an old man who had somehow managed to secretly preserve a greenhouse/terrarium that held plants and animals and good air inside. At the end, his neighbors discover it and want in so badly they end up busting the glass and destroying the whole thing. I don't know if this was a movie or an educational short(leaning toward short) but I remember it was terrifying.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Two things, this isn''t specific but I was wondering if there was ever a movie where a shooter, either a sniper or otherwise fires at a target but then another person thwarts them by shooting their bullet in transit and deflecting its trajectory.

Also, recently there was an English horror movie that came out that I already forgot the name of. It was kind of tongue in cheek Shaun of the Dead style and plot was a bunch of employees go to a camp retreat and they start getting offed. One scene in the trailer was a guy shooting a rocket launcher but having the rocket come right back at him

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Alan Smithee posted:

Also, recently there was an English horror movie that came out that I already forgot the name of. It was kind of tongue in cheek Shaun of the Dead style and plot was a bunch of employees go to a camp retreat and they start getting offed. One scene in the trailer was a guy shooting a rocket launcher but having the rocket come right back at him

Severance

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Klax posted:

2: This one's animated and I used to rent and watch it as a kid, and I only include it because I recall that it was longer than 30 minutes (so I don't think it was a serial show). Anyhow, The only concrete thing I remember about it is that a bunch of the good guys tended to get turned to stone. But they didn't just turn into statues, they turned into these blocky stone humanoid forms with a single daisy popping out of the top of their head. Also, there may have been tiny unicorns/pegasi involved.

Unico: In the Island of Magic, a mainstay of these threads.

Freddy Mercury Poisoning
May 31, 2007
You too good for this 5 dollars?
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I had to get it out of my head before I forget about it again. I saw it maybe eight years ago on TV, it seemed really mid 90's. It was about a bunch of young people who took hostages because of one main douchebag bad guy they were all friends with. The one scene I mainly remember is where one of the kidnappers decides its a bad idea and tries to talk the main bad guy out of holding them. When he isnt looking, the main bad guy hits him in the head with the butt of a shotgun. The other guy gets pretty much knocked retarded by it, saying weird poo poo like "shhhhh, shhhhh, you hear that? red! gotta find red!" It was really weird, and I most likely got some details wrong.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

bromar posted:

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I had to get it out of my head before I forget about it again. I saw it maybe eight years ago on TV, it seemed really mid 90's. It was about a bunch of young people who took hostages because of one main douchebag bad guy they were all friends with. The one scene I mainly remember is where one of the kidnappers decides its a bad idea and tries to talk the main bad guy out of holding them. When he isnt looking, the main bad guy hits him in the head with the butt of a shotgun. The other guy gets pretty much knocked retarded by it, saying weird poo poo like "shhhhh, shhhhh, you hear that? red! gotta find red!" It was really weird, and I most likely got some details wrong.
That's somewhat garbled but might be Suicide Kings.

Freddy Mercury Poisoning
May 31, 2007
You too good for this 5 dollars?
Yeah I should probably write it out better, it was pretty late when I posted that.

Its all mainly unknown actors, in their 20s. What I mean by douchebag main guy, is one dude who wants to profit off of the group's crime somehow. No one in the group really wants to do it, but the main bad guy runs the show and they never do anything about it. When another male bad guy approaches the main guy trying to stop him, thats when the shotgun hit/"Gotta find red" scene happens. It's really random, And it's been very long since I've seen it.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

bromar posted:

thats when the shotgun hit/"Gotta find red" scene happens. It's really random, And it's been very long since I've seen it.

I don't understand at all what you mean here.

snowcake
Apr 3, 2003

when in rome, we shall do as the romans, when in hell, we do shots at the bar.

Internet Gentleman posted:

Yeah, except for the fact the movie was an animated sci-fi movie that came out in the 70's with giant worms in it and a blue woman in spandex with her breasts exposed.

But your post has given him a much better lead to follow. Thanks!

given him a better lead by process of elimination, yes. I would love to know what his movie is though.

I have one. I originally saw this linked in gbs. I only ever saw the trailer.
It's a animated movie, possibly french. Not anime.It was definitely was made within the last few years. Little girl as the main character, looked like it had themes of divorce, looked violent, I think she may have beat someone to death with a pipe in the trailer. Sorry I don't have more to go off of, I was intrigued by the trailer and can't remember the title to save my life.

snowcake fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Nov 12, 2007

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
I remember watching a documentary about hackers on tv several years ago. It went over early computer hobbyists like Steve Wozniak, up to phreaking with John "Cap'n Crunch" Draper, and social engineering/trespassing with Kevin Mitnick.

The film interviewed all of the key people (these are the only three I'm pretty sure were in there), but it isn't Takedown or anything listed on anyone's IMDB page that I could see.

It must have been since 2000 since that's when Mitnick got out of jail.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Pweller posted:

I remember watching a documentary about hackers on tv several years ago. It went over early computer hobbyists like Steve Wozniak, up to phreaking with John "Cap'n Crunch" Draper, and social engineering/trespassing with Kevin Mitnick.

The film interviewed all of the key people (these are the only three I'm pretty sure were in there), but it isn't Takedown or anything listed on anyone's IMDB page that I could see.

It must have been since 2000 since that's when Mitnick got out of jail.
If it wasn't Triumph of the Nerds, and is a documentary it might be Freedom Downtime. I haven't seen that on tv but it's probably been shown on PBS.

Very Old Twink
Nov 3, 2005

I LOVE ALEX THE GRAPE
I posted this earlier but I have a couple revisions that might help.

Probably late 80's/early 90's sci-fi thriller where the crew of a space station is mysteriously dying off. The twist ending is that they never left earth and it was just an experiment in an underground bunker. Nobody stopped them from killing each other because all the technicians are dead, and the entire world has been destroyed by nuclear war. I think that the computer was killing them off, and it was only at the end that they started being suspicious of one another. It ends with a man and a woman standing together outdoors and you can see that the city has been destroyed by a nuclear apocalypse.

I'm pretty sure that we rented this from a video store but I guess it could have been on television. I'm going to start checking the plot descriptions of episodes from the Outer Limits because this is really bothering me that I can't figure this out.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

snowcake posted:

I have one. I originally saw this linked in gbs. I only ever saw the trailer.
It's a animated movie, possibly french. Not anime.It was definitely was made within the last few years. Little girl as the main character, looked like it had themes of divorce, looked violent, I think she may have beat someone to death with a pipe in the trailer. Sorry I don't have more to go off of, I was intrigued by the trailer and can't remember the title to save my life.

Could be Princess, by Anders Morgenthaler. trailer on youtube. It has a scene where the kid beats up a sleazebag with a crowbar. It's a pretty hosed up cartoon.

snowcake
Apr 3, 2003

when in rome, we shall do as the romans, when in hell, we do shots at the bar.

Carthag posted:

Could be Princess, by Anders Morgenthaler. trailer on youtube. It has a scene where the kid beats up a sleazebag with a crowbar. It's a pretty hosed up cartoon.

thats it! thank you very much.

fake edit: drat, looks more hosed than i remember.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

snowcake posted:

thats it! thank you very much.

fake edit: drat, looks more hosed than i remember.

It's good, but it made me feel seriously uncomfortable watching it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
There was a Denzel Washington movie which takes place during World War II, sort of like Glory for WWII I think, I only saw one scene in which he's being drilled in an all black unit, and the sgt (also black) makes a crack about them coming from Africa and Denzel says like "and where you from, England?"

witz
Sep 28, 2001

Start winning some games or he'll kill you

Alan Smithee posted:

There was a Denzel Washington movie which takes place during World War II, sort of like Glory for WWII I think, I only saw one scene in which he's being drilled in an all black unit, and the sgt (also black) makes a crack about them coming from Africa and Denzel says like "and where you from, England?"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088146/

sc0tty
Jan 8, 2005

too kewell for school..
This might be a bit of a long shot, but I saw the trailer for this movie on Apple trailers I would guess about 6months ago or around there. The story was about your standard white family in America, husband & wife and kids. The story involves the sonwho is attacked and murdered by gang members. His father, this middle-aged white male (not sure who the actor was) is totally devastated by this and hunts down the people that did this to his son after the police are unable to help.

Writing it out makes it sound so cliche'd and horrible, but I remember watching the trailer and wanted to keep an eye on the reviews it received.

I'm not sure how correct that description is but hopefully someone remembers the trailer at least..

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.
Okay, here's mine:

It's a British sci-fi film that I'm pretty sure I saw off of Bravo a few years ago. The main character is involved in some kind of experiment that completely fucks the fabric of space-time, causing all animal life on the planet to disappear except for 2 other humans and himself. The woman survives somehow because she was drying her hair when the experiment happened, and the other guy was in a fight (I'm not sure why he didn't die).

At the end of the movie, the main character drives a van through a wall and into the lab in order to run another test. I'm pretty sure the Earth gets covered in mushroom clouds somehow, nuclear or otherwise. He has a look on his face of, "What the gently caress did I just do now?"

Needless to say, it was weird as hell.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

sc0tty posted:

This might be a bit of a long shot, but I saw the trailer for this movie on Apple trailers I would guess about 6months ago or around there. The story was about your standard white family in America, husband & wife and kids. The story involves the sonwho is attacked and murdered by gang members. His father, this middle-aged white male (not sure who the actor was) is totally devastated by this and hunts down the people that did this to his son after the police are unable to help.

Writing it out makes it sound so cliche'd and horrible, but I remember watching the trailer and wanted to keep an eye on the reviews it received.

I'm not sure how correct that description is but hopefully someone remembers the trailer at least..

Death Sentence

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Bovineicide posted:

Okay, here's mine:

It's a British sci-fi film that I'm pretty sure I saw off of Bravo a few years ago.
Needless to say, it was weird as hell.

The Quiet Earth, although it was set in New Zealand.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0089869/

Bovineicide
May 2, 2005

Eating your face since 1991.

Ape Agitator posted:

The Quiet Earth, although it was set in New Zealand.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0089869/

This is it! Thank you, that was going to drive me crazy :dance:

Atimo
Feb 21, 2007
Lurking since '03
Fun Shoe
Ok I seen this film as a kid, probably around '92, and I really can't remember alot of the plot, only some key scenes...

It was about some kid/teenager? and this lake that had a monster in it.

There was a creepy Indian guy who was somehow involved, though I dont remember how or why.

There was a windmill thing that spun when the wind was blowing that was important from some reason.

The monster turns out to be a really old claw bucket tractor thing, that was all covered in moss, and they find out when they all drain the lake?

Sorry my memory is REALLY spotty on this, but I'd LOVE to see it again.

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

Atimo posted:

Ok I seen this film as a kid, probably around '92, and I really can't remember alot of the plot, only some key scenes...

It was about some kid/teenager? and this lake that had a monster in it.

There was a creepy Indian guy who was somehow involved, though I dont remember how or why.

There was a windmill thing that spun when the wind was blowing that was important from some reason.

The monster turns out to be a really old claw bucket tractor thing, that was all covered in moss, and they find out when they all drain the lake?

Sorry my memory is REALLY spotty on this, but I'd LOVE to see it again.

someone had already posted earlier about this.
Frog Dreaming aka The Quest
http://imdb.com/title/tt0091810/

i swear this is the most common "was i crazy or did this movie really exist?" movie.

Atimo
Feb 21, 2007
Lurking since '03
Fun Shoe

Venialblur posted:

someone had already posted earlier about this.
Frog Dreaming aka The Quest
http://imdb.com/title/tt0091810/

i swear this is the most common "was i crazy or did this movie really exist?" movie.

Thanks a ton! I tried reading the thread to see, but only made it to page three by the time you replied.

sc0tty
Jan 8, 2005

too kewell for school..

ECTO-1 posted:

Death Sentence

Thats the one. Thanks.

Encryptic
May 3, 2007

There was this movie I saw part of a long time ago. I didn't see the whole thing, but my brother finished watching it and he claimed there was this scene with the main character wearing a glow-in-the-dark condom.

I can't remember for the life of me what this movie was called - any takers? All I can remember is that it came out in the 80s and the title might have started with an "S", but I saw it so long ago I don't even remember what the movie was about in the first place.

witz
Sep 28, 2001

Start winning some games or he'll kill you

Encryptic posted:

There was this movie I saw part of a long time ago. I didn't see the whole thing, but my brother finished watching it and he claimed there was this scene with the main character wearing a glow-in-the-dark condom.

I can't remember for the life of me what this movie was called - any takers? All I can remember is that it came out in the 80s and the title might have started with an "S", but I saw it so long ago I don't even remember what the movie was about in the first place.
John Ritter in Skin Deep

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098343/

Encryptic
May 3, 2007

witz posted:

John Ritter in Skin Deep

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098343/

Good one! Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double_D
Jul 24, 2005
The one guy who didn't give a fuck about anybody.
I remember a movie as a kid. I thought it was Two Evil eyes, but the plot outline doesn't sound like what I remember.

I think it was an anthology horror film and one of the stories had a husband waking up in a tribal dream world where his wife is the queen. In the end, they tie his arms and legs to two long poles and hold them upright, so he is suspended high in the air. The take a spear and shove it up between his legs and it comes out his mouth. That's the end I think.

I don't remember it being particularly good, just curious. Thanks all.

Double_D fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 17, 2007