Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

terminal mehmet posted:

No it's not. How could it be? She was on the ships in the original evac.

Besides, undead are grey, not green.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon
Nov 30, 2004

terminal mehmet posted:

No it's not. How could it be? She was on the ships in the original evac.

I thought she and Belkar were left on the main land? Either way, the color thing appears to point elsewhere, unless Burlew colors differently depending on type of undead.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Dr. Ron Paul posted:

I thought she and Belkar were left on the main land? Either way, the color thing appears to point elsewhere, unless Burlew colors differently depending on type of undead.

No, Therkla was on the ship. Haley was back on the mainland with Belkar. Hence, they can't be the same person.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

:siren: The new strip is up! :siren:

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Hahahaha, what.

I am pretty sure I have already forgotten whatever "thinly-veiled deus ex machina" Vaarsuvius is referring to here. His/her escape seemed pretty logical to me, really.

Also, I imagine in either the next strip or the one after that we might finally discover why Durkon has not raised Roy. It seems like it will clearly come up.

Shavnir
Apr 5, 2005

A MAN'S DREAM CAN NEVER DIE
The skull from the zombie dragon crushed the death knight.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

Quarex posted:

Hahahaha, what.

I am pretty sure I have already forgotten whatever "thinly-veiled deus ex machina" Vaarsuvius is referring to here. His/her escape seemed pretty logical to me, really.
It was when the death knight was about to kill him/her, and then the severed head of the Xykon's zombie dragon squashed it.

Quarex posted:

Also, I imagine in either the next strip or the one after that we might finally discover why Durkon has not raised Roy. It seems like it will clearly come up.
Err, we already know that? He hasn't raised him because he doesn't have anything to raise.

Sock
Oct 8, 2001
Do me. Do me.

Quarex posted:

Or maybe it did in this one.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Sock posted:

Or maybe it did in this one.

Well, it was kind of obvious all along. You can't raise what's not there.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

Phylodox posted:

Well, it was kind of obvious all along. You can't raise what's not there.

Short of True Resurrection, but I think he's still a few levels shy of that.

Jon
Nov 30, 2004

Phylodox posted:

No, Therkla was on the ship. Haley was back on the mainland with Belkar. Hence, they can't be the same person.

Right, but could Xykon teleport her there, if he wanted? The physical location doesn't seem like a big deal. Of course, there's no reason to think it's Haley at all, I'm just making a stupid speculation.

edit: what's Nale's current status?

Jon fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 9, 2007

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Dr. Ron Paul posted:

Right, but could Xykon teleport her there, if he wanted? The physical location doesn't seem like a big deal. Of course, there's no reason to think it's Haley at all, I'm just making a stupid speculation.

Check it out:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0484.html

Therkla's on the ship at the same time that Haley's still alive and in Azure City. It's definitely not the same person.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
You know, its been so long that I'd completely forgotten that V was best friends with Haley. Curse your interesting characters, Burlew!

Jon
Nov 30, 2004

Phylodox posted:

Check it out:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0484.html

Therkla's on the ship at the same time that Haley's still alive and in Azure City. It's definitely not the same person.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Mortanis posted:

Short of True Resurrection, but I think he's still a few levels shy of that.

You would think I am a big enough D&D nerd to think about this, but in my head you did not need anything to bring someone back with resurrection, it just had to be within [x] amount of time. I thought "raise dead" was the only spell that needed the body--but I think I am just confusing it with the fact that true resurrection does not need the body and has a ridiculously long time limit, whereas resurrection still needs the body and has a reasonably long time limit.

It will be great when they are separated long enough that Roy is past the death due-date.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Resurrection- You need the body, or at least what there is of it left.. True Resurrection- you only need the name.

quote:

The condition of the remains is not a factor. So long as some small portion of the creature’s body still exists, it can be resurrected, but the portion receiving the spell must have been part of the creature’s body at the time of death.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It would be awesome to time travel by killing yourself and having a contingency true ressurection that takes place in 1000 years. Or turning yourself to stone or similar.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

greatn posted:

It would be awesome to time travel by killing yourself and having a contingency true ressurection that takes place in 1000 years. Or turning yourself to stone or similar.
Stone would suck. What if someone comes along in 100 years or so and decides that you'd make good building material for their house?

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American

DaveWoo posted:

Stone would suck. What if someone comes along in 100 years or so and decides that you'd make good building material for their house?

Nobody makes cobblestones out of stone fingers, its just creepy.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
Aw, poor V. I want to give uh... them a hug. Who cares if its a girl or a guy.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Gally posted:

Aw, poor V. I want to give uh... them a hug. Who cares if its a girl or a guy.

You know, I always think of V as a male. In the earlier comics I didn't understand the bit with V and Hayley in the inn and everyone making lesbian jokes. I think it's because V is drawn in the same way as the male characters - every other female in the strip is depicted slightly differently.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Haley refers to V as 'he', so yea. I don't really think about it too much anymore.

Amused Frog
Sep 8, 2006
Waah no fair my thread!
New comic is up!

Also hosting!

I really want to see what Haley is actually up to, and when Durkon is going to be convinced to go back and rescue Roy.

I'm really worried about those guys :(

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne

Taear posted:

You know, I always think of V as a male. In the earlier comics I didn't understand the bit with V and Hayley in the inn and everyone making lesbian jokes. I think it's because V is drawn in the same way as the male characters - every other female in the strip is depicted slightly differently.

The difference is the position of the eyes (it was brought up by Burlow when Roy turned into a woman, and everyone noticed a bald woman looked weird)- but it actually happens that V's eyes are half-way between a man and a woman's.
Still, most signs point to him being a man, his eyes are probably a bit lower because he has a fringe (hair is the reason girls got lower eyes). Also Roy calling him "V-man" in a very-early strip seemed to have been a way of saying "He's a guy", before Burlow realised he could carry the whole gender-debate on.

Despite that, I still think of V as a girl. I dunno why, when my logic tells me he's probably a guy (and I refer to him as a he in these threads), he just has a girl vibe to me.

Also, a new strip is up. We seem to be getting updates pretty regularly just recently, hurrah! And I like the plot a lot more now that they're out of Azure city too (it was getting a bit old!)

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Noonsaliwah posted:

Also Roy calling him "V-man" in a very-early strip seemed to have been a way of saying "He's a guy", before Burlow realised he could carry the whole gender-debate on.

I think Burlew has always maintained that while others may refer to V as a woman or a man, that doesn't mean they are right, it's just what they think V is. Of course, since Haley always sleeps with V, she's probably in the best position to know. But then again, V's an elf, and elves don't sleep (as covered in the last strip), so maybe V has never changed "his" clothes, and thus shown off "his" body. They may sleep in the same room, but I don't think they bathe at the same time.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

foobardog posted:

I think Burlew has always maintained that while others may refer to V as a woman or a man, that doesn't mean they are right, it's just what they think V is.

I think he just says that to cover up how he did not make a mystery out of V's gender until people were confused by it.

gothfae
Mar 28, 2004

There seems no plan because it is all plan. There seems no center because it is all center.
:siren: The new strip is up :siren:

The Sexy Kind of Resistance.

gothfae fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Nov 14, 2007

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Good ol' Elan. He sees the Ninjas, but doesn't recognize what they are.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
While I laughed at that comic and enjoyed it (particularly the opening "Billy Goat Gruff" reference; that may be the first "Billy Goat Gruff" reference in popular culture), I was a little disappointed that Elan still has not learned, despite encountering them as early as like strip #3, that anyone dressed like that is a ninja, and is likely evil and going to kill you. Yes, I realize that is the point of Elan, but still. Maybe he is thrown off by the fact that she is green!

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
I'm going to miss that goblin ninja when she is inevitably killed horribly.

Jeet
Jul 12, 2001

"we're flanking together" may just be the funniest thing I read today.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
Haley is not going to like Therkla. I hope they get to meet.

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.

Soylentbits posted:

I'm going to miss that goblin ninja when she is inevitably killed horribly.

I don't think she's a goblin, actually.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

XkyRauh posted:

Haley is not going to like Therkla. I hope they get to meet.

[Therkla surprises Haley]
T: "Sudden Strike! Hah!"
[Normal initiative begins]
H: "Sneak Attack! Sneak Attack! Sneak Attack!"
T: "Oh yeah, rogues can do that while ninjas can't. I'd forgot." *dies*
E: "Good work, Haley! I wonder who that was."

~ alternately ~

H: "Elan, flank this ninja for me!"
T: "No, my love! Help me flank this hussy!"

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

MelvinTheJerk posted:

I don't think she's a goblin, actually.

Stickin' with my half-orc answer.

Possibly related to Thog.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

IMJack posted:

~ alternately ~

third choice: interracial(inter-species?) 3 way

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Johnny Aztec posted:

third choice: interracial(inter-species?) 3 way

That would be some sexy flanking, if you know what I mean.

Kahrytes
Jun 4, 2004

Now I need a drink. Not this one. Another one. And in a different place.

IMJack posted:

~ alternately ~

On a D&D nerd topic, can't you only do one Sneak Attack per round?

I thought that was how Rogues were kept from being ridiculously deathworthy at high levels.

Eckertmania
May 11, 2007

"'Hey, a computer took your place, daddy.' That's hard times! That's hard times!"

Kahrytes posted:

On a D&D nerd topic, can't you only do one Sneak Attack per round?

I thought that was how Rogues were kept from being ridiculously deathworthy at high levels.

I'm looking at it right now and it doesn't say anything about only being able to use Sneak Attack only once per round. As long as the person is flat footed (or denied their DEX) and they aren't consealed in anyway or immune to Sneak Attack, you can do it to your heart's content.

Eckertmania fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 15, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eckertmania
May 11, 2007

"'Hey, a computer took your place, daddy.' That's hard times! That's hard times!"

Eckertmania posted:

I'm looking at it right now and it doesn't say anything about only being able to use Sneak Attack only once per round. As long as the person is flat footed (or denied their DEX) and they aren't consealed in anyway or immune to Sneak Attack, you can do it to your heart's content.

Edit: I'm an idiot. Apparently I can't tell the edit and quote buttons apart.

Eckertmania fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Nov 15, 2007