Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

maxxheadcheese posted:

Well not that much happend. But then again, just 2 weeks til next chapter.

Then after that, 2 months, as has been the pattern for like the last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krunaldo
Jul 24, 2005
In case I get banned: Pipiru piru piru pipiriu pi!

Nate RFB posted:

Guts would only be in his early 40's, so it doesn't really make that much sense to me why he would have so much white hair. But then again the Berserker's armor already started whiting out some of it because of his frayed nerves or whatever. Still a pretty funny/cool image.

In the middle ages you started showing signs of aging much earlier, since the general health was much lower and the diet rather bad.

Off topic question: What's the source to the quote you have in your text?

And I feel the story is still evolving and can't really see a possibility that it might end good if ends soon.

Edit: Off not of.

krunaldo fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 9, 2007

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

krunaldo posted:

Of topic question: What's the source to the quote you have in your text?
Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann :kamina:

ZhaoRi
Oct 25, 2005

"You can't live on hopes and dreams alone."

Roger Explosion posted:

Am I the only one who immediatly saw Schierke's MASSIVE JAY LENO CHIN and nothing else?

No. After awhile, I couldn't see anything else in the picture besides her chin :gonk:

No matter how hard I tried to look away, my eyes would somehow end up back on it.

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Has anyone seen this image before?

Apparently Miura made an april fool's image for Young Animal. Besides the obvious joke here I think a time jump might actually be possible in this story. It's happened before. Either way, we're still stuck with this one for the long haul. :(

Sorry to let everyone down, but this wasn't Miura, it was an April Fools done by the guys over at skullknight.net. I'm not sure if you can access it without a membership, but the guy who shopped it talks about it here: http://www.skullknight.net/forum/index.php?topic=12.250

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!
Ah, too bad. Grown-up Isidoro looks hardcore, like he's become what he wanted to be.

Koobah: Puck turns into Yoda on a regular basis, and a wide variety of other "joke" forms.

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Oh the joy! Ch 291

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Let's see what ridiculous god hax Griffith pulls out this time!

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful
The next chapter raw will come on the 22nd.

Swedish Nice Boy
Jun 21, 2007

by angerbeet
Is it just me or did the Pope jinx himself a whole lot with that speech? Maybe I'm just reading into it too much...

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Dancing Ferret posted:

Is it just me or did the Pope jinx himself a whole lot with that speech? Maybe I'm just reading into it too much...

That's how the world under Griffith works. "Fate" makes everything fall into place as it is "ordained". The Pope, as to the fate constructed, won't die until his place in Griffith's fate, is complete. That's assuming Guts doesn't end up struggling into that fate too.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Kushan Imitation :v:

Swedish Nice Boy
Jun 21, 2007

by angerbeet

Zorak posted:

That's how the world under Griffith works. "Fate" makes everything fall into place as it is "ordained". The Pope, as to the fate constructed, won't die until his place in Griffith's fate, is complete. That's assuming Guts doesn't end up struggling into that fate too.

Hm right, must have spent too much time away from Berserk, I forgot all about how big of a deal fate is and how Guts is the only person who can resist fate and causality and whatnot.

And haha, the Kushan imitation bit made me chuckle out loud, I generally dislike the folks in Griffith's merry little warband but Sonia's pretty cool.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Dancing Ferret posted:

I generally dislike the folks in Griffith's merry little warband but Sonia's pretty cool.

It's like that on purpose. You're supposed to hate Griffith. You're supposed to be almost disgusted with how he, and his army of monsters, is being made into holy saviors, the ultimate "good" saving them. It's bullshit, and everyone is being merely manipulated into place. The only one who knows that is the one who has been manipulated into being the opposite, an evil being.

Miura knows what he's doing.

evilsake
Oct 25, 2004

by Fragmaster
I have to wonder if Sonia is going to go traitor somehow or stick with Griffith. It looks like she's been feeling alienated from Griffith ever since the princess came back into the picture. Plus yeah, her and the poor schmuck stuck playing body guard to her are the only likeable ones out of Griffith's group.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Hey, Mule is kinda cool too, don't forget Mule. The duck knight.

GentlemanLoser
Aug 22, 2007

IT WAS NANOMACHINES, I SWEAR, NANOMACHINES!
stupid plot theories go here -------->

Edge Zero posted:

Hey, Mule is kinda cool too, don't forget Mule. The duck knight.

That'd be the poor schmuck.

Tualek
May 28, 2006
Small Body
This is by far the best Manga I have ever read. I finally caught up after having to start from the beginning. I don't know why I put off reading it for so long.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
God drat, I love Berserk. Even when there isn't any action going on, you can tell that everything's leading up to some awesome poo poo.

And I agree that Mule and Sonia are pretty cool. However, given that this is Berserk, I predict (spoiled even though my predictions are generally baseless and terrible) Sonia will somehow end up being Schierke's rival, and also probably die horribly at some point.

maxxheadcheese
Sep 9, 2005

Noble Man
Evil Genius have scanlated 291:
http://www.evil-genius.us/

Edit:

VVVV Wtf blind. Sorry.

maxxheadcheese fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Nov 20, 2007

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

maxxheadcheese posted:

Evil Genius have scanlated 291:
http://www.evil-genius.us/

A little late. Look about a little up on this page.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!
A small bit of progression, just set-up for what's to come I suppose. drat, it's moving painfully slowly. At least the next one will be out soon.

:f5h:

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Twitch posted:

God drat, I love Berserk. Even when there isn't any action going on, you can tell that everything's leading up to some awesome poo poo.

And I agree that Mule and Sonia are pretty cool. However, given that this is Berserk, I predict (spoiled even though my predictions are generally baseless and terrible) Sonia will somehow end up being Schierke's rival, and also probably die horribly at some point.

Sonia is gonna sacrifice mule to become an apostle, calling it

maxxheadcheese
Sep 9, 2005

Noble Man
MY LOVE FOR YOU IS LIKE A TRUCK, BERSERKER!

(292 RAW)
Edit: Ill try to get it up on MU/RS/whatever asap. - Done.

maxxheadcheese fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 21, 2007

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Is there no date for the next chapter at all? That's pretty bad, the last time that happened it was over 3 months I think.

maxxheadcheese
Sep 9, 2005

Noble Man

Mr. Deathy posted:

Is there no date for the next chapter at all? That's pretty bad, the last time that happened it was over 3 months I think.

From what I understand, 29th november. Its on the next page.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

No, that's the volume release of 32 I think. There has never been a weekly release in the history as far as I know and the release dates for next chapters are usually always on the last page of the chapter itself. This one looks like it might say "till next time" or something like it did when we had a HUGE break.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Mr. Deathy posted:

This one looks like it might say "till next time" or something like it did when we had a HUGE break.

Yeah, this is probabally going to be a multi-month "Miura hasn't set a date" type thing.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
what in the gently caress is going on in that chapter :(

maxxheadcheese
Sep 9, 2005

Noble Man

Scoobi posted:

what in the gently caress is going on in that chapter :(

As far as I understand it:
Emperor Ganishka's big demon blobb thingy (dun remember if it ever had a name but its shown earlier and its where they drop pregnant women to make their demon army) is basicly going into power mode 2000 and in the process creates a mist that kills any living thing, including the Kushan guards. I dont know if its a bi-proccess of something else or if its its main intent.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005

Zorak posted:

Yeah, this is probabally going to be a multi-month "Miura hasn't set a date" type thing.

That sucks rear end. I hope it doesn't end up being 3 months again. I like my once a month updates, it's like getting a present every month. Oh, look, new Berserk! But three months is getting a little crazy.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

maxxheadcheese posted:

As far as I understand it:
Emperor Ganishka's big demon blobb thingy (dun remember if it ever had a name but its shown earlier and its where they drop pregnant women to make their demon army) is basicly going into power mode 2000 and in the process creates a mist that kills any living thing, including the Kushan guards. I dont know if its a bi-proccess of something else or if its its main intent.

Nah, it's more like Gankushka himself is using his mist to cannibalize everyone outside in the town (ie his human soldiers and some of his lesser posessions) in order to use his demon-creation monster blob thing to create something probabally much more sinister. You might notice in one of the panels it shows what looks like the siphon-tendril from the Idea of Evil itself from the removed chapter of Berserk. With the world shifting more and more to the other side, this likely means Gankushka is going to be making/ summoning higher level demons.

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Evil Genius Chapter 292

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Haha, he's actually just aiming to go super saiyan apostle level 2! I'm betting on Griffith still casually handing him his rear end.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Sindai posted:

Haha, he's actually just aiming to go super saiyan apostle level 2! I'm betting on Griffith still casually handing him his rear end.

It's pretty obvious this is likely something that falls within Griffith's "destiny" as well. It's just creating an even more sinister figure, a real "devil", for him to slay.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Oh man, the 'Griffith as Antichrist' setup just keeps building up and building up. The eventual backstab is going to be huge. It might even outdo the fall of Gaiseric's kingdom.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
Kind of predictable, in a hindsight sort of way. There're only three factions and something had to be done to keep Griffith busy while Guts and co. are travelling to elf land. Otherwise it'd all be over by the time they got back.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think I've mentioned this yet, but the giant demon womb is my favorite minor villain in Berserk, just because of how incredibly wrong it is.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Twitch posted:

I don't think I've mentioned this yet, but the giant demon womb is my favorite minor villain in Berserk, just because of how incredibly wrong it is.

Definitely. One thing mentioned in the chapter before this one was how they were worried about all the women in the kingdom "being held hostage in the castle". We know what really happened to all of them :( Raped pregnant then into the demon womb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceramic Shot
Dec 21, 2006

The stars aren't in the right places.

Tupperwarez posted:

Oh man, the 'Griffith as Antichrist' setup just keeps building up and building up. The eventual backstab is going to be huge. It might even outdo the fall of Gaiseric's kingdom.

I think a lot of the whole "moral message" or whatever in Berserk is that Griffith is sort of both a Christ and anti-Christ figure. Griffith is "saving the world" in a sense but what the Midlanders don't realize is that saviors and emperor demons are cut from the same evil cloth in this world. Even though it looks like he's only fighting for his pals and himself, Guts seems like the only one who's fighting for humanity without getting sucked into someone else's dream or the Idea of Evil.

One thing that's so interesting about this series to me is that it's kind of using fantasy as an indictment against fantasy, like when that little girl earlier in the series became an elf queen apostle as a result of being obsessed with fairytale elves. She got so attached to her ideas of elves being real that it became a way to mentally escape the reality of her abusive father and generally horrible life. I think the message is "ignore reality too much and you will become a monster."

Anyway sorry for gushing but I think it's awesome that such a blood 'n guts comic book can have so much potential depth. I'm still waiting for someone to write an essay on what the behelit represents psychologically.