Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

shopvac4christ posted:

What exactly is wrong with Casey Tatum? I've gathered he's developmentally disabled of some sort, but that wouldn't cause the greasy complexion, drooling, and strange coughing/gagging.

In the onion A&V article Tim and Eric said that there isnt anything specific about whatever is afflicting him, just that they thought it would be funny to make him look so hosed up. They started with like womens make up and stuff, and his complexion is so gross because they put hair gel on his face which gives it a sick sheen.

And then he just acts like a horrific monster, god its great. But unknown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

shopvac4christ posted:

What exactly is wrong with Casey Tatum? I've gathered he's developmentally disabled of some sort, but that wouldn't cause the greasy complexion, drooling, and strange coughing/gagging.

Just a little nervous to be on television. Poor kid. I would be too.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Taumpy Tearrs posted:

The answers portion didn't answer my questions about the fate of the Only Married Divorced News team!

I want some more of Dr Steve Brule. For your health!

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

My name's Spagett, I do parties, and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook ya-

Taumpy Tearrs posted:

The answers portion didn't answer my questions about the fate of the Only Married Divorced News team!

They got back together at Muscles for Bones.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

YancyDCjew posted:

They got back together at Muscles for Bones.

Oh good. I was starting to worry that I'd have to find another married news team.

Lazy Eye
Sep 5, 2003

From the T&E mailing list about tonights show:

quote:

We're LIVE on superdeluxe tonight! Holy S we have a packed show. Don't miss this one...

http://www.superdeluxe.com/static/tim_and_eric_live/

Get there! Tonight at 7PM PST.
Tonight on T&ENL: Milen Voltchez (Flip Master), Pound for Pound (Comedy competition between DJ DOUGGPOUND and David Gore), George Kuhr (Poet/ Violinist), David Liebe Hart, Richard Dunn, James Quall, and a VERY special surprise guest.

Come stream with us! We're totally digital.

T and E

I've been catching the replays, but the last couple shows have convinced me to watch it live. Would be nice to have Neil Hamburger show up at some point.

A black person
Oct 3, 2007

Bender, stop shutting the hell up!
I just now got around to watching the new episode on adult swim. Man, I've been out of the loop on this one--I didn't even know the new season had started. I thought this was a pretty good episode, especially the poop tube. Still, poor Casey. :(

I haven't been watching Nite Live, though. Am I missing anything good? Because as much as I like Tim and Eric, I think a thirty minute talk show is more than I can take in one sitting.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
So RAZ wasn't Rob Zombie? Well poo poo. The main reason I watched was for him. I normally don't enjoy the show, but this one had some high points.

RiSK
Dec 9, 2006

The Red Rocket Rifle

Syrant posted:

So RAZ wasn't Rob Zombie? Well poo poo. The main reason I watched was for him. I normally don't enjoy the show, but this one had some high points.

No, it was Sam Proof.

http://www.samproof.com

George Pooshoes
Nov 5, 2006

The Universe is Beautiful.
Something like... a new woman that I was going to date. You're dark, and you're massive, and you have a black hole.
I just finished watching Tim and Eric Nite Live, tonights episode, and I must say I felt really depressed when they destroyed that cake. I would of wanted some of that, and if I were a guest on the show, I would have been upset.

"Thocks" was brilliant, I love how they poke fun at commodity without being overly leftist and alarmist like Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that any fake commercial they've made — like Calcucorn, Pipe's Buffet, and all the rest — is genius.

I think it's just the way that they can make fun of the fact that cultural product is practically fused with cultural promotion. Today you can't walk into a movie theatre and see a movie without being bombarded with advertisements that have been integrated into the actual feature presentation, furthermore, you can't watch a television programme without having a host of whatever show tell you how great a product is and why you should buy it.

That's exactly what they did with the Shrek 3 Promo videos, where they facetiously point out that this movie is so original and it's become as American as apple pie, etc, etc, and then "movetickets.com" or whatever floats across the bottom of the screen with Eric's signature grin and we laugh our asses off at how well they're pulling off this kind of social commentary.

I love these guys, and I'm so happy that they're becoming successful

Although I'm a little worried at the possibility of this kind of humour becoming too mainstream, we don't need imitators directly copying Tim and Eric's style.

George Pooshoes fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Nov 21, 2007

Baby Lion King IMAX
May 3, 2006

by Lowtax
That internet expert was hilarious. I wonder if he's a friend of theirs or something.

George Pooshoes
Nov 5, 2006

Something like... a new woman that I was going to date. You're dark, and you're massive, and you have a black hole.

Babylonian posted:

That internet expert was hilarious. I wonder if he's a friend of theirs or something.

You can't count hits, you're not qualified, don't even try.

When he said "aren't all numbers the same?" I'm sure I heard Eric crack up in the backround

George Pooshoes fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 21, 2007

Baby Lion King IMAX
May 3, 2006

by Lowtax

George Pooshoes posted:

When he said "aren't all numbers the same?" I'm sure I heard Eric crack up in the backround

This is what I thought too, they kept the camera off Tim and Eric for a pretty long time after he said that

tut
Nov 4, 2004

Babylonian posted:

It was Fred Armisen from SNL.

fork banger
Jan 3, 2001

tutpsu posted:

It was Fred Armisen from SNL.

Wow, he was the creepy italian guy on the train in Eurotrip.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
So is James Quall for real? Because Jesus Christ.

Baby Lion King IMAX
May 3, 2006

by Lowtax
Does anyone know when the episodes get posted on Adultswim.com? I thought last season it was on Wednesdays.

George Pooshoes
Nov 5, 2006

Babylonian posted:

Does anyone know when the episodes get posted on Adultswim.com? I thought last season it was on Wednesdays.

http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/fix/index.html

Apparently we get episode 2 tomorrow, yay!

RiSK
Dec 9, 2006

The Red Rocket Rifle

Babylonian posted:

No, they were on Fridays last season. Then, on Sundays, the episode was on during Adult Swim.

So yeah, every Friday at, I believe 6pm PST, the episode should go up on AdultSwim.com

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

I found this when I gugled wred lobster

Come on with Raz now, hop on my jet ski,
Grab on to my waist, take a ride with me, please
"But what about the hos?"
Hey, who needs the hos?
Gonna show you how to have the perfect vacation,
Gonna sync you up to the island vibration
What do you say?
"I'm open to that."
Now get a metal piercing, eyebrows and navel,
Make 'em magnetic, no need for painful,
Sew in the dreadlocks.
Shells on the neck, shells on the wrist now,
String 'em all up, get the shells on the ankle!
Underwater camera, disposable camera!
Groovin' on the beach, jammin', coconuts,
Get the silly straw from the silly straw hut
Virgin Colada*
Virgin Colada*
Gügle Wred Lobster, make a reservation,
Pager will buzz you when you're tables ready,
Get the appetizer.
Certain locations, prices will vary,
Talk to the manager, ask for the special,
Catch of the day, manager discount.
It's the best vacation ever! BFF forever!
It's a tropical endeavour for the island holiday!

*No Rum

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Stupid Awesome posted:

I found this when I gugled wred lobster

Come on with Raz now, hop on my jet ski,
Grab on to my waist, take a ride with me, please
"But what about the hos?"
Hey, who needs the hos?
Gonna show you how to have the perfect vacation,
Gonna sync you up to the island vibration
What do you say?
"I'm open to that."
Now get a metal piercing, eyebrows and navel,
Make 'em magnetic, no need for painful,
Sew in the dreadlocks.
Shells on the neck, shells on the wrist now,
String 'em all up, get the shells on the ankle!
Underwater camera, disposable camera!
Groovin' on the beach, jammin', coconuts,
Get the silly straw from the silly straw hut
Virgin Colada*
Virgin Colada*
Gügle Wred Lobster, make a reservation,
Pager will buzz you when you're tables ready,
Get the appetizer.
Certain locations, prices will vary,
Talk to the manager, ask for the special,
Catch of the day, manager discount.
It's the best vacation ever! BFF forever!
It's a tropical endeavour for the island holiday!

*No Rum

Tim and Eric have the best songs.

justlikedunkirk
Dec 24, 2006
Episode 2 removed any doubts I had from the premiere. The dad off was hilarious.

RiSK
Dec 9, 2006

The Red Rocket Rifle
Kinda sucks that the David Libre Hart song was the same one they did in Episode 1 of Nite Live... but it's still hilarious. I absolutely love when he fucks up, but they keep it in.

"I fell in love with a David by... the name of David Libre Hart"

:laugh:

Good episode. Dads Off was pretty funny.

George Pooshoes
Nov 5, 2006

RiSK posted:

Kinda sucks that the David Libre Hart song was the same one they did in Episode 1 of Nite Live... but it's still hilarious. I absolutely love when he fucks up, but they keep it in.

"I fell in love with a David by... the name of David Libre Hart"

:laugh:

Good episode. Dads Off was pretty funny.

I really hope they don't reveal too much of the Awesome Show during Nite Live, because it takes away a lot potential laffs when you see a segment more than once. That happened to me with Thocks during Dad's Off.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
"I was glad to be your father, now I am your brother. It's good to be a son again."

Brilliant episode

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

My name's Spagett, I do parties, and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook ya-
Tim in Spooked is loving terrifying, jesus. Great episode.

COOLGUY TRUE
Jan 7, 2005

Too True! Cool, too.
Got ya, spooked ya!

Spagett is my favorite thing this season so far.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Spagett is especially hilarious because it posits tim as some kind of carictural italian leprehaun when he hops out but it quickly becomes apparent he is just an american

Willing Ham
Oct 11, 2007

bro.
I kinda wish it was a half hour show - needless to say this episode was amazing

SpankinSteve
Jun 11, 2006

by DocEvil
i just cant wait to see how they use abbey brooks again because i saw her lying dead on the ground in a promo im assuming shes in this season

Baby Lion King IMAX
May 3, 2006

by Lowtax

Rustie posted:

Maybe nobody here really cares about this because it's so specific to aspecialthing.com, but Tim and Eric have sparked a video war among the winners of the AST Top 20 comedians poll.

Tim and Eric's original song about it:
http://aspecialthing.com/index.php?ind=news&op=news_show_single&ide=12

Responses (Including David Liebe Hart):
http://aspecialthing.com/index.php?ind=news&op=news_show_single&ide=13
Here they are as YouTube links, including the new one Oswalt put up:

Tim and Eric's video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDeFWay7bKE

Eugene Mirman's response:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIMfMQk4uzw

David Liebe Hart's response:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-_sFtrADcI

Zach Galafianakis' response (featuring Tim and Eric):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBZ4-DOL6C0

Patton Oswalt's response:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCv_9HQgGVw

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I found a clip from David's show in the related videos for David's response. It's a good watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU5kEGdklws

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Oh lord, every Kid Break they've done so far has made me laugh like a hyena.

Baby Lion King IMAX
May 3, 2006

by Lowtax
Does anyone know anything about Tim & Eric's new cartoon Steven and Stephen? It's about two siamese twins connected at the penis and it's going to be on comedycentral.com.

A black person
Oct 3, 2007

Bender, stop shutting the hell up!

Babylonian posted:

Does anyone know anything about Tim & Eric's new cartoon Steven and Stephen? It's about two siamese twins connected at the penis and it's going to be on comedycentral.com.

You know, I never thought I'd say this, but...I think we need less of Tim and Eric right now. Just stick with Awesome Show, forget about Nite Live and everything else. The Siamese twins thing looks completely retarded, and I have a feeling that even those of us who like them may get sick of them pretty soon. I for one am starting to get a little Tim and Eric'd out, and I loved Tom and the last season of Awesome Show. I think they're just doing too much at once and they should tone it down a bit.

And also abandon Steven and Stephen altogether.

agony spire
Jun 13, 2001
Overexposure could be a factor if the newest show follows the same humor. They might be capable of other stuff, I can't judge it until viewing. Though I have to agree, the Nite Live and Awesome Show going on at the same time, its pushing even my limits.

Willing Ham
Oct 11, 2007

bro.

agony spire posted:

Overexposure could be a factor if the newest show follows the same humor. They might be capable of other stuff, I can't judge it until viewing. Though I have to agree, the Nite Live and Awesome Show going on at the same time, its pushing even my limits.

Yeah exactly, like if Tom Goes To The Mayor was on too I wouldn't mind cause it's totally different. I'm pretty sure this cartoon won't make it too overwhelming

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

hall n oates mom posted:

Spagett is especially hilarious because it posits tim as some kind of carictural italian leprehaun when he hops out but it quickly becomes apparent he is just an american

Yeah, my favorite part about Spagett was "My name's Spagett, I do parties and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook you..."

Him talking like regular Tim was funny for reasons I can't explain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtoon
Dec 7, 2005

Thats Jiminy man to you, miss.
I am so excited for this Sunday, it looks like it might be one of the best Awesome Shows yet. Galafianakis, Casey, Steve Brule, and whatever the hell that music number they previewed on Nite Live tonight looks amazing. I was afraid this season's laughs would have been too few and far between, but drat it's looking really good so far.