Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gentle Marmot
Mar 25, 2005
like the sugar

almightyjimbob posted:

An iTunes search isn't turning up a Lil Wayne song called La La La. Is it possible that it has a different name?

I think that might be because its only found on his mixtapes which are distributed for free. Lemme see if I can just find a link of it.

e: Alright here it is on youtube http://youtube.com/watch?v=0wf3kkqcONE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chop Licker
Apr 25, 2005

by mons al-madeen

glucose posted:

I think that might be because its only found on his mixtapes which are distributed for free. Lemme see if I can just find a link of it.

e: Alright here it is on youtube http://youtube.com/watch?v=0wf3kkqcONE

gently caress, where is that beat from? I've definitely heard that high la la la sample somewhere before, a bit slowed down though.

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

glucose posted:

Ok I guess I just havent been clear. The sample in the song I want is the same one from Lil Wayne's La La La(I dont know what this is), the track that I am looking for also has for a hook "I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a big blunt roller"(this isnt a sample, this is what the hook literally is. Some rapper singing this line)

Forget Steve miller here, some rapper just took his chorus and changed it around for a hook.

Did you check out the cover versions on this Wikipedia page?

Gentle Marmot
Mar 25, 2005
like the sugar
I had not but nothing there is very promising, it would also be a stretch to call it a cover from what I remember of this song.

Well I found 2 tracks(by wading through the youtube comments) that use the same sample Rhymefest - Tell a Story, and Shabazz the Disciple - Red Hook Day, but neither of these is the song I am thinking of.

Gentle Marmot fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Nov 14, 2007

KaosPV
Sep 25, 2007
Mediterranean schizo
Please, could anyone identify the songs in this profile? (They`re in a player right below the bio):

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=53345056

1 and 2 are by Danse Society and 5 by Get smart! but it looks like the other are a mistery... plus I can't get number 4 out of my head, it's awesome.

Sleazoid
Nov 13, 2007

Posh Submarine posted:

"Jump into the Fire" by Harry Nilsson.

Excellent! thank you!

I've been wanting to know what that song was called for a drat good while now, asking here was a good decision it seems.

Tusk
Mar 9, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Please help me identify this song

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Shoeshine Emcee posted:

gently caress, where is that beat from? I've definitely heard that high la la la sample somewhere before, a bit slowed down though.

okay, here, this might help. the sample that you're talking about here is most assuredly from "you don't have to be alone" by the new birth -- i have the original LP right here and even the rhymefest album credits it as the source.

i don't know if that's gonna help you find your track or not, but good luck to ya

STEVIE B 4EVA
Nov 13, 2005

girl in the slayer jacket            i am searching for you

Agitate! Agitate! posted:

the new birth

are great.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Can anyone name the song playing during this Hitman movie TV spot? It's not the regular Hitman theme (Ave Maria), and I can't seem to find anybody who knows.

Youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_fMmORoD-3c

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Strontosaurus posted:

Can anyone name the song playing during this Hitman movie TV spot? It's not the regular Hitman theme (Ave Maria), and I can't seem to find anybody who knows.

Youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_fMmORoD-3c

pretty sure it's just original score music -- the amazon page for the soundtrack says that it includes Geoff Zanelli's interpertation of "Ave Maria" and says that it's the song featured in the trailers.

i was reading a little bit at film score monthly about the trailers and apparently they just took a couple bars and chopped it out and looped them, nobody's really very happy about it, and maybe that's why it's not recognizable in that form.

the little repeating melody in there is definitely an excised segment of 'ave maria' and everything i've read about it seems to point in that direction

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Agitate! Agitate! posted:

pretty sure it's just original score music -- the amazon page for the soundtrack says that it includes Geoff Zanelli's interpertation of "Ave Maria" and says that it's the song featured in the trailers.

i was reading a little bit at film score monthly about the trailers and apparently they just took a couple bars and chopped it out and looped them, nobody's really very happy about it, and maybe that's why it's not recognizable in that form.

the little repeating melody in there is definitely an excised segment of 'ave maria' and everything i've read about it seems to point in that direction

Well, drat. That's probably going to be considerably harder to find, then. Thanks, though. :)

cravoecanela
Jul 15, 2003

nevermind, got it Keane - Walnut Tree

cravoecanela fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Nov 19, 2007

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Anyone who can identify this ?

http://www.savefile.com/files/1203876

It was played during the trailer reel on an old videotape from Tartan Video.

Its CRAZY LEGS!
May 30, 2007
aka. tweak
I heard this rap song the other day that im pretty sure is called rythym. Im trying to find out if its name really is rythym and who sings it. It started out with this flute intro and then some other big band type instruments started playing with the flute. This intro was about 45 seconds long and then the rapping started. The guy had a kinda unique voice and everything had a sort of off beat rhyme scheme. The only two lines i remember are something about people being so temporary. The end of each verse ended with him repeating the phrase "the beat". Any help would be awesome.

also it could possibly be from a snowboarding video. Its just a guess since thats where my friends get alot of their music.

dank glitterqueef
Nov 6, 2005

this is really really vague and I bet I won't get any responses, but I have to try anyway.

one night when I was staying late at work and I wanted to pretty much pass out and just sleep and everything was really frustrating, I heard what I believe was the best song ever. it totally cheered me up and everything. the only problem is, it was in Polish. at least I think it was Polish; if not, it was something similar-sounding. anyway, it was a polka-esque station it was playing on, and the talking and all the music was in Polish, and thus I couldn't hear the name of the song. here's what I remember about it:

-it was sung by a woman whose age is hard to guess (not very young or very old)
-the chorus was basically this woman singing "sho sho sho sho!" as happily as humanly possible. obviously, I don't think the word was "sho", but that's what it sounded like to me. it sounded as if the words were each a consecutive descending note.

...anybody? please? this song is the happiest & catchiest thing I've ever heard.

WHY SEE ESS
Sep 12, 2006
Does anyone have a track list of the music in Tetsuo: the Iron Man? I found an ost but it didn't have any of the tracks in the movie that I wanted.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
Hi guys, easy one here: hip hop type song, with a fruity super mario bro's sorta tune, and the chorus is "heeeeeeeeeeey ay aaaah, heeey ahhh!", or something.

I don't know anything about hip hop and I tried searching through Ja Rule or whatever others but no luck really. Anyone here help? :)

swagger like us
Oct 27, 2005

Don't mind me. We must protect rapists and misogynists from harm. If they're innocent they must not be named. Surely they'll never harm their sleeping, female patients. Watch me defend this in great detail. I am not a mens rights activist either.
Okay this is a pretty vague one, but its a hip hop song with a female lead singing about like, lifting up her skirt? I think she also goes on about other things she likes. The song is pretty much about sex I think (oh yeah and it has like, Ooohs and Ahhs or something like that?)

swagger like us fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 22, 2007

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild

KiddieGrinder posted:

Hi guys, easy one here: hip hop type song, with a fruity super mario bro's sorta tune, and the chorus is "heeeeeeeeeeey ay aaaah, heeey ahhh!", or something.

I don't know anything about hip hop and I tried searching through Ja Rule or whatever others but no luck really. Anyone here help? :)

Umm, "Hey Ya" by Outkast?

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

Artem posted:

Okay this is a pretty vague one, but its a hip hop song with a female lead singing about like, lifting up her skirt? I think she also goes on about other things she likes. The song is pretty much about sex I think (oh yeah and it has like, Ooohs and Ahhs or something like that?)

Maybe Oops (Oh My) by Tweet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb37Nh_Sg4g

swagger like us
Oct 27, 2005

Don't mind me. We must protect rapists and misogynists from harm. If they're innocent they must not be named. Surely they'll never harm their sleeping, female patients. Watch me defend this in great detail. I am not a mens rights activist either.

Sweetwater Kill posted:

Maybe Oops (Oh My) by Tweet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb37Nh_Sg4g

Thats the one, thanks! love this song

Trellio
Feb 18, 2007

by Ozma
I've seen this song once, on youtube, I was wondering if anyone could help with it. The youtube video I saw was a guy singing and playing an acoustic guitar to a crowd in a circle. I think I remember it being in black and white. Anyway, the last part of the song's lyrics is something along the lines of "the greatest thing in the world is to love and be loved by someone" and the crowd sings along near the end.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.
I'm quite certain this is NOT the song you're looking for, but the first thing that comes to mind is Nature Boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq0XJCJ1Srw

Edit: Unless maybe it's a cover.

okkie
Oct 3, 2005

play nothing

Its CRAZY LEGS! posted:

I heard this rap song the other day that im pretty sure is called rythym. Im trying to find out if its name really is rythym and who sings it. It started out with this flute intro and then some other big band type instruments started playing with the flute. This intro was about 45 seconds long and then the rapping started. The guy had a kinda unique voice and everything had a sort of off beat rhyme scheme. The only two lines i remember are something about people being so temporary. The end of each verse ended with him repeating the phrase "the beat". Any help would be awesome.

also it could possibly be from a snowboarding video. Its just a guess since thats where my friends get alot of their music.

Sounds like Celph Titled (Big band samples, unique voice, off beat rhyme scheme) but the description doesn't ring a bell. Otherwise maybe Chali 2na, who also has quite a unique voice and rhyming flow.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Bolkovr posted:

Umm, "Hey Ya" by Outkast?

Yes, thank you kind sir! :D

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Trellio posted:

I've seen this song once, on youtube, I was wondering if anyone could help with it. The youtube video I saw was a guy singing and playing an acoustic guitar to a crowd in a circle. I think I remember it being in black and white. Anyway, the last part of the song's lyrics is something along the lines of "the greatest thing in the world is to love and be loved by someone" and the crowd sings along near the end.

Maybe Gallows? 'Orchestra Of Wolves' ends with a repeating section of 'The hardest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return'? I've never heard it played acoustically though.

Tusk
Mar 9, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Please help me identify these two

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pscfrc0x5JI

swagger like us
Oct 27, 2005

Its an old rock song, used in tons of movies and commercials I bet. Its something like "whoa and theres a mountain" or "theres a mountain in front of me". Sorry for being so vague but thats all i remember

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

Artem posted:

Its an old rock song, used in tons of movies and commercials I bet. Its something like "whoa and theres a mountain" or "theres a mountain in front of me". Sorry for being so vague but thats all i remember

"Voodoo Child (Slight Return)" by Jimi Hendrix

swagger like us
Oct 27, 2005

Headless Norseman posted:

"Voodoo Child (Slight Return)" by Jimi Hendrix

ah thats the one, and its "im standing next to a mountain". not "whoa theres a mountain" hahaha.

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang
I'm after a really famous (the most famous?) reggae instrumental. I can never remember how it goes unless I hear it though, so there's not much to go on. Judging by where I've heard it played, I'm guessing it could have been on a movie soundtrack.

There are slight chances it could be something more like Madness or The Specials, instead of it being a 60s/70s classic like I'm imagining. I guess there's a chance it's not even instrumental, which reduces my request to "name me a reggae song" so fingers crossed that's not the case.

It's probably comparable to something like Green Onions. Even though it's a different genre, it's something lots of people will recognise.

BlueYoda
Mar 25, 2004

BRAAAAAAAINS!!!
Years ago my friend bought a lighter that played a loop of a stupid raver song when he'd light it. He thought it was hilarious and kept using it for months until the batteries ran out.

I ripped the song out of a movie I have from one of his birthdays; please help me identify it so I can fill his answering machine with it while he's away on vacation.

subscreet
Jul 1, 2007
Are there two versions of Authority Song by Jimmy Eat World, because I distinctly remember hearing a version with an intro that was different than the version I usually hear.

edit: nevermind, it must have been from the leaked version of Bleed American.

subscreet fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Nov 25, 2007

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild

Tenterhooks posted:

There are slight chances it could be something more like Madness or The Specials

Only reggae instrumental I can think of is "One Step Beyond" by... one of those two bands, who I can never keep apart in my head.

edit: The riff from "Rudi A Message To You" by the Specials gets played a lot, too. And it does sound a bit like a "Green Onions" type song.

Bolkovr fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 25, 2007

vac
Jul 10, 2005
:o
There's a new XM commercial out, and it's got a bunch of people on a conveyor belt or something going along, some holding instruments. It's got some weird, funky, maybe '80s type disco song in the background. What's the name of that song?

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

Ghost Town by the Specials? From the Snatch soundtrack and instantly recognizable.

Ghark
Nov 20, 2004

Yes that's them, thanks jeff8472, you rock!

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.
So there's commercial for Assassin's Creed (the video game) that's been playing every five seconds on every station I watch. It's the one where the assassin is jumping along the canal and at the last second kills some crusader. What's the song playing in that commercial?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julien Sorel
Jan 27, 2006

Voted Worst Marksman of 1830

dj_clawson posted:

So there's commercial for Assassin's Creed (the video game) that's been playing every five seconds on every station I watch. It's the one where the assassin is jumping along the canal and at the last second kills some crusader. What's the song playing in that commercial?

If it's the same one I saw, it's Massive Attack - Teardrop