Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

vac posted:

There's a new XM commercial out, and it's got a bunch of people on a conveyor belt or something going along, some holding instruments. It's got some weird, funky, maybe '80s type disco song in the background. What's the name of that song?

although I haven't seen the commercial you are referencing, could the song be "here it goes again" by OK Go? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv5zWaTEVkI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aoxomoxoa
Feb 10, 2005
http://www.zshare.net/audio/51576619394287/

I'm dying to know the name of this song, and the composer. It sounds so familiar, but I just can't seem to put a name to it.

vogonity
Aug 1, 2005

Buglord

dj_clawson posted:

So there's commercial for Assassin's Creed (the video game) that's been playing every five seconds on every station I watch. It's the one where the assassin is jumping along the canal and at the last second kills some crusader. What's the song playing in that commercial?

Someone already answered that it's Massive Attack - Teardrop but just in case the reason you were asking was because the song sounded familiar, it's also the same song used in the opening of the TV series, House.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.

DeePee posted:

Someone already answered that it's Massive Attack - Teardrop but just in case the reason you were asking was because the song sounded familiar, it's also the same song used in the opening of the TV series, House.

Thank you!

Say, is the song supposed to be all scratchy in the background? Because like every version I got has that in the beginning.

dj_clawson fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 25, 2007

okkie
Oct 3, 2005

play nothing

aoxomoxoa posted:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/51576619394287/

I'm dying to know the name of this song, and the composer. It sounds so familiar, but I just can't seem to put a name to it.

That's a song from the Amelie soundtrack composed by Yann Tiersen.

vac
Jul 10, 2005
:o

sund posted:

Ghost Town by the Specials? From the Snatch soundtrack and instantly recognizable.

LL_Ghoul_J posted:

although I haven't seen the commercial you are referencing, could the song be "here it goes again" by OK Go? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv5zWaTEVkI

Neither was the song in question but I appreciate your help, thanks. I asked around a bit more and apparently it's DJ Mehdi - I Am Somebody feat. Chromeo (Chromeo version) so for anybody else who was wondering there you go. http://youtube.com/watch?v=_d0aXnYsQP8

aoxomoxoa
Feb 10, 2005

okkie posted:

That's a song from the Amelie soundtrack composed by Yann Tiersen.
Thank you!

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang

Bolkovr posted:

Only reggae instrumental I can think of is "One Step Beyond" by... one of those two bands, who I can never keep apart in my head.

edit: The riff from "Rudi A Message To You" by the Specials gets played a lot, too. And it does sound a bit like a "Green Onions" type song.

Nah, it's neither of them. Cheers though. My friend sorted me out with my mystery reggae instrumental. Funny thing is, I already had it on my iPod and know it well. Must've just blanked it out or something. It's The Liquidator by the Harry J Allstars: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lW6HsrEg19w (20 seconds in is the famous bit).

Despite being almost certain this is what I was thinking about, if anyone else has other famous reggae instrumentals to suggest, I'd appreciate hearing about them. Something nags me what I was after had more horns :)

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

DeePee posted:

Everyone should know that, besides mad world, it's probably the most used awesome song in television.

I heard a song on youtube, it was on a team fortress 2 video. There weren't any lyrics except some dude saying "say oh la la, shazoom" or something in the background. Anyone know the name of this song?

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:

NeoSeeker posted:

I heard a song on youtube, it was on a team fortress 2 video. There weren't any lyrics except some dude saying "say oh la la, shazoom" or something in the background. Anyone know the name of this song?

Was it Wiseguys? I don't have a link, but google and youtube are your friend. Oh wait. Check out the comments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRriNqBzp-4

Ok, this is a weird one. I heard it on the radio a while back. It was a Japanese guy beat boxing jazz. Like Ellington or something. Apparently he has enough cash to release albums of him doing flawless covers of jazz classics. And boy is this chap enthusiastic.
Anyone know of this mans name?
Also, please don't hate me for already asking in Post your Request. :D

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Noxin of Shame posted:

Was it Wiseguys? I don't have a link, but google and youtube are your friend. Oh wait. Check out the comments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRriNqBzp-4

Ok, this is a weird one. I heard it on the radio a while back. It was a Japanese guy beat boxing jazz. Like Ellington or something. Apparently he has enough cash to release albums of him doing flawless covers of jazz classics. And boy is this chap enthusiastic.
Anyone know of this mans name?
Also, please don't hate me for already asking in Post your Request. :D

Yeah, just after i posted i checked the comments, it was say oh la la by the wise guys :/

thanks anyways

sublyme
Mar 21, 2003
lol poker
Today I began my new job for the first day, and while sitting there working I had a song hammering through my head that I heard briefly in a store at the mall on black friday. I'm certain I have the lyrics wrong because otherwise google would yield a result or youtube would, but I'm coming up blank. The lyrics I BELIEVE I heard was a chorus that repeats "It's in the blood, it's in the blood". It's a recent song I believe and I have no idea what it's called.

Wopette
Apr 26, 2006
Profile clicked.

sublyme posted:

Today I began my new job for the first day, and while sitting there working I had a song hammering through my head that I heard briefly in a store at the mall on black friday. I'm certain I have the lyrics wrong because otherwise google would yield a result or youtube would, but I'm coming up blank. The lyrics I BELIEVE I heard was a chorus that repeats "It's in the blood, it's in the blood". It's a recent song I believe and I have no idea what it's called.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about "Love Like Winter" by AFI.

sublyme
Mar 21, 2003
lol poker

Wopette posted:

I'm pretty sure you're talking about "Love Like Winter" by AFI.
Goddamn that's amazing, you nailed it, thanks.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
I've been looking for the name of this song for awhile now. I heard it a few months ago and again the other night at the bar. Unfortunately nobody around me knew the name, so I texted myself a line of the lyrics intending to google it later. I have no idea what number I sent it to since I can't find the text message.

It was a rap song. Sounded like it was from maybe the mid to late 90s. Had a few different rappers in it, and a very distinct sample over and over in the chorus that sounds like its from some song in the 80s, like disco-ey. I wish I had a better description, hopefully somebody makes sense of my nonsense.

okkie
Oct 3, 2005

play nothing

fletcher posted:

I've been looking for the name of this song for awhile now. I heard it a few months ago and again the other night at the bar. Unfortunately nobody around me knew the name, so I texted myself a line of the lyrics intending to google it later. I have no idea what number I sent it to since I can't find the text message.

It was a rap song. Sounded like it was from maybe the mid to late 90s. Had a few different rappers in it, and a very distinct sample over and over in the chorus that sounds like its from some song in the 80s, like disco-ey. I wish I had a better description, hopefully somebody makes sense of my nonsense.

Hehe, you are basically describing all hiphop from early to mid 90s :) It could be 'Pop goes the Weasel' by 3rd Base, that has a loop from Peter Gabriel's 'Sledge Hammer'.

Thunderlips
Oct 25, 2002
I've been trying to find the name of this song for years, and it's so hard because there are no lyrics. It's an electronic song, sort of "jock jams" style, and I think I remember it from the mid-80s.

Here's me attempting to hum a small sample:

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jixiecat
Mar 22, 2006
oh meow.
There is a beat played at a club I goto, I can't figure out what the solo track is. It's at the beginning of this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=21Dpkiz7T6E

and it stops at 17 seconds.

If any techno gurus could help me it would end my torment thanks!

edit: figured it out after hours, Benny Benassi - Satisfaction

Jixiecat fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 29, 2007

okkie
Oct 3, 2005

play nothing

Thunderlips posted:

I've been trying to find the name of this song for years, and it's so hard because there are no lyrics. It's an electronic song, sort of "jock jams" style, and I think I remember it from the mid-80s.

You are breaking my mind with this :) The only song I can come up with that sounds like this is Kraftwerk's "Das Model", but that has lyrics.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

okkie posted:

Hehe, you are basically describing all hiphop from early to mid 90s :) It could be 'Pop goes the Weasel' by 3rd Base, that has a loop from Peter Gabriel's 'Sledge Hammer'.

A little less gangster/street and more pop/club than that. Any other suggestions? :( This is killing me!

vote thread 1
Nov 29, 2004

Practicing masturbation is haraam
I am trying to identify this hip-hop song: mysterysong.mp3 - 0.37MB
It starts playing around minute 34 on DJ Shadow - Funky Skunk but there is no track listing for the mix that I could find.

epix
Aug 7, 2004
I've heard this song a couple time the past week.. I know its a cover song from Zakk Wylde & Black Label Society - Mass Murder Machine but instead of being heavy metal it is done by a punk/emo band.

Anyone know who sings it?

I WANNA B A MOD!!!
Jun 6, 2003

by Fragmaster
A song has been dancing at the tip of my mental tongue for over a week now and I'm hoping someone here can help--it wasn't in a commercial or anything, it's just a song I used to love and I couldn't find a better thread to ask.

I remember practically nothing even though I've been thinking about it for a week, just that it was about a girl. It had some really unsubtle line about liking bones, ("like a dog she loves the bone" or something like that) and I think some reference to the type of car she drove... God, I wish I could remember more details. Anyone have any idea? It's driving me nuts.

Edit: Aha! Nevermind! I found it. I've googled it before but I got lucky, finally. It's Dead Eye Dick's New Age Girl. Sorry for this pointless post.

I WANNA B A MOD!!! fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 29, 2007

Thunderlips
Oct 25, 2002

okkie posted:

You are breaking my mind with this :) The only song I can come up with that sounds like this is Kraftwerk's "Das Model", but that has lyrics.
The underlying groove is definitely similar, but the vocals and other stuff aren't correct. I wonder if it was some remix of that song. That's at least an avenue to look down.

Thanks.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease

Thunderlips posted:

Sound like the beginning of Disco Inferno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-opY4qcidFk

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Thunderlips posted:

"Chase" by Giorgio Moroder, featured in the movie Midnight Express.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

fletcher posted:

FOUND IT!

Grandmaster Flash - The Message

What's the source for the electronica sample they play in that?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

fletcher posted:

FOUND IT!

Grandmaster Flash - The Message

What's the source for the electronica sample they play in that?

It's not a sample, it's a synthesizer.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

FitFortDanga posted:

It's not a sample, it's a synthesizer.

Yep, after a little wikipedia it looks like they originally came up with it and its been used by a lot of hip hop artists since.

Thunderlips
Oct 25, 2002

FitFortDanga posted:

"Chase" by Giorgio Moroder, featured in the movie Midnight Express.

Oh my god, thank you! You have saved my sanity. I really have been trying to figure this out for years. Thank you.

okkie
Oct 3, 2005

play nothing

Thunderlips posted:

Oh my god, thank you! You have saved my sanity. I really have been trying to figure this out for years. Thank you.

Seconded :) I knew that I knew it, but I couldn't place it at all!

Snackin on Clit
Oct 29, 2007

~of course~
I really need to know the name and/or artist of the song in this flash movie. Help a brother out?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Rich White Lesbian posted:

I really need to know the name and/or artist of the song in this flash movie. Help a brother out?

The sampled part sounds like "Got to Be Real" by Cheryl Lynn.

Retroboy
Jul 12, 2006

Better a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Funky 4+1 - Rappin & Rockin the House.

Edit - Or not actually. Just relistened to Funky 4+1 and it has different lyrics. Sounds almost identical. drat now I need to know what it is!

Retroboy fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 1, 2007

waldo pepper
Mar 18, 2005
A little while back someone posted a harcore mix of I guess gabba-ish techno. Anyway, there was one song in it that sampled an astronaut's speech from the moon: "god moved on the surface of the deep... let there be light," or something close tot that. Also it had crowd noise mixed in. Can anyone tell me what that track was?

STEVIE B 4EVA
Nov 13, 2005

girl in the slayer jacket            i am searching for you

They say the group's name like five times in the lyrics. It's the Nice & Nasty 3. I can only come up with one song available ("The Ultimate Rap") so I'd have to guess it's that.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
Hey all, I was hoping that you could figure out the name of this artist based on my vague description.

For any Colorado goons, I hear her on 97.3 KBCO. She's a woman and she plays piano and her band name isn't her real name. I believe its also one word. It's not really my music but I wanted to get the CD for my mom.

Sorry I don't have more info, I just need your help.

tiny dracula
Feb 26, 2004

What is the name of that classic rap song that I've seen quoted a few times around here, where the lyrics are basically just a step-by-step tutorial of how to make crack? Somebody here has got to know.

Julien Sorel
Jan 27, 2006

Voted Worst Marksman of 1830
Ghetto D by Master P?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

waldo pepper posted:

A little while back someone posted a harcore mix of I guess gabba-ish techno. Anyway, there was one song in it that sampled an astronaut's speech from the moon: "god moved on the surface of the deep... let there be light," or something close tot that. Also it had crowd noise mixed in. Can anyone tell me what that track was?

Sounds like 'Genesis' by VNV Nation. I have the C92 Remix and it has a sample of an astronaut saying '...and God created heaven and the earth, and God said... let there be light.'