Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

drat you and you cocktease, Burlew!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Appalitch
Apr 25, 2007

Aquarium of Lies posted:

I've always wanted to do this :dance: New comic up!

Oh man, it looks like Haley's fate will finally be revealed...

So, the fact that she's still in proximity to the Azure city makes me wonder about capture.

Which makes the fate of Roy's body somewhat dubious :(

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
My money is still on Haley playing the insurgent. And Belkar huddling close to Roy's body, hating his life.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Aquarium of Lies posted:

I've always wanted to do this :dance: New comic up!

Wow. Xykon's gotten himself a boss wizards tower. It's forked, even!

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved

Schwarzwald posted:

Wow. Xykon's gotten himself a boss wizards tower. It's forked, even!

And the rift over the ruins of the tower is seriously awesome-looking. Xykon deserves to get a "Lifestyles of the Powerful and Infamous" episode for his new fort.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

That rift looks like bad news. :(

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

ZorbaTHut posted:

And the rift over the ruins of the tower is seriously awesome-looking. Xykon deserves to get a "Lifestyles of the Powerful and Infamous" episode for his new fort.

What's all this "Xykon" talk? I see a city with Recloak banners. Xykon was obviously killed by the Snarl when it was summoned thanks to some good old "Charm Monster" castering by ours Goblin friend. Recloak is now the main villain, as he should be. :colbert:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Cuchulain posted:

What's all this "Xykon" talk? I see a city with Recloak banners. Xykon was obviously killed by the Snarl when it was summoned thanks to some good old "Charm Monster" castering by ours Goblin friend. Recloak is now the main villain, as he should be. :colbert:

This is what I was about to say. I see a lot of Redcloak. Awesome.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I always thought it was pretty interesting the way Redcloak is the actual lord of all these goblins, he just happens to serve Xykon.

Also, yikes. Can't wait for next comic.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I still don't know if I understand the mechanics behind these gates, I guess it's that the ritual to control the Snarl has to be done on a gate that's already sealed is what throws me.

Hedgehog King
Feb 7, 2005
It's just after lunch time on a Thursday. Do you know where your towel is?

RentACop posted:

I still don't know if I understand the mechanics behind these gates, I guess it's that the ritual to control the Snarl has to be done on a gate that's already sealed is what throws me.

Well yeah. Haven't you ever replaced a sink? You have to turn off the water main before you can take the old one off to put the new one in. You don't want to just throw open the floodgate of ...um... squiggles all willy nilly. You install a reasonable, flow controled tap while the water is turned off, and then turn the water back on once everything is set. Our favorite Lich has already said that he wants to rule the world, not destroy it. He isn't in any hurry to do anything that could endanger the fabric of the world.

Wow. I just combined plumbing and D&D nerdom. I really shouldn't feel this proud right now.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Erfworld updated, if anyone still cares.

Looks like he's leaning towards the "Life on Mars" scenario.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Bobulus posted:

Looks like he's leaning towards the "Life on Mars" scenario.

Yay, it's back! I'm glad, I actually like that comic. I overlook the weird pedophilia art...

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Yay, it's back! I'm glad, I actually like that comic. I overlook the weird pedophilia art...

Yeah, I'm glad too. But, I don't see how it's going towards that scenario considering he blipped out in front of his friends on-panel. Unless the whole day for him has been a hallucination or whatever, but that just seems like it would be lovely writing.

Oh. :smith:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Bobulus posted:

December 6th, and OotS is on 510...don't let me forget.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Potsticker posted:

Yeah, I'm glad too. But, I don't see how it's going towards that scenario considering he blipped out in front of his friends on-panel. Unless the whole day for him has been a hallucination or whatever, but that just seems like it would be lovely writing.

Oh. :smith:
Particularly lovely writing as he seemed unaware of the events after the blipping, with his "friends" sitting around going "what the gently caress?".

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Zereth posted:

Particularly lovely writing as he seemed unaware of the events after the blipping, with his "friends" sitting around going "what the gently caress?".

Yeah, but he is going to start thinking it's true, which will likely color his future actions and pathos or something.

gothfae
Mar 28, 2004

There seems no plan because it is all plan. There seems no center because it is all center.
I don't think it makes a difference as it will likely be February before there is another update, and by then they might have forgetten what went on in this update. I expect to read the last issue of Y the last man, see an episode of Lost and for the Writers Guild strike to be over before they make an effort towards another installment. Thought since this wasn't Klog filler, I might be wrong, but I doubt it.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Erfworld is basically a decent comic that does everything possible wrong. The art isn't bad, they obviously have a story and a plan and things, but they slip up just enough in almost every regard to make it painful.

So enough about it and more about OotS! I need to know what's going on with Haley and Belkar! Are they alive? Do they still have Roy's body? Are they leading the resistance of a few brave fighters left behind, or are they disguised as an aging goblin couple that sells souvenirs and 'I razed Azure City' shirts?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Ashcans posted:

So enough about it and more about OotS! I need to know what's going on with Haley and Belkar! Are they alive? Do they still have Roy's body? Are they leading the resistance of a few brave fighters left behind, or are they disguised as an aging goblin couple that sells souvenirs and 'I razed Azure City' shirts?

Well Haley and Belkar are totally still alive, I don't think there's any question of that. I don't think they're still hauling Roy's dessicated carcass around though, I suspect they've stashed it someplace safe.

Nosy_G
May 6, 2007

THACO :doom:

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Calling Haley and Belkar locked in a dungeon. Again.

happyelf
Nov 9, 2000

by mons al-madeen
I wonder if they've somehow got roy's corpse stuck somewhere, like wedged in a sewer, and now they're stuck guardin it. Or maybe it's been zombified and is standing in a huge phalanx of undead, and they can't get to it unless something happens to get the goblins clerics to mobilise them.

Nosy_G posted:

THACO :doom:
Yeah the whole 'crying villain' bit wasn't working that well for me, but the reaction from the other goblins really sold it.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American

happyelf posted:

I wonder if they've somehow got roy's corpse stuck somewhere, like wedged in a sewer, and now they're stuck guardin it. Or maybe it's been zombified and is standing in a huge phalanx of undead, and they can't get to it unless something happens to get the goblins clerics to mobilise them.
Yeah the whole 'crying villain' bit wasn't working that well for me, but the reaction from the other goblins really sold it.

Happyelf! You're alive!

Anomalous
Jun 27, 2004

by R. Guyovich
New strip is up!

Well, Haley's got herself a cheatin' tribe of adventuring friends while stuck in Azure City! You harlot, where's Roy's body? And Bitterleaf?

WingsOfSteel
Nov 13, 2007

Even Dr. Octopus can learn something from the Internet!

Anomalous posted:

Well, Haley's got herself a cheatin' tribe of adventuring friends while stuck in Azure City! You harlot, where's Roy's body? And Bitterleaf?

I'd guess that Belkar's guarding Roy's body since he needs to stay within a mile of it at all times and he wants to play it safe, probably killing a few goblins now and then for fun if they get too close.

e: Or he's hanging back in the shadows in case the Resistance needs to be rescued or something.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
He's in the basket they're carrying.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

WingsOfSteel posted:

I'd guess that Belkar's guarding Roy's body since he needs to stay within a mile of it at all times and he wants to play it safe, probably killing a few goblins now and then for fun if they get too close.

e: Or he's hanging back in the shadows in case the Resistance needs to be rescued or something.

Belkar'd be pretty useless since he still can't do lethal damage to any living creature within the city, and as far as we know everyone is trapped within the city. So he's either learned how to do subdual damage, he's picking on any undead the resistance finds, or he slowly and peacefully going insane.

Numb Three Ers
Jul 7, 2007
What do you mean it's pronouced "numbers"?
My guess is that he's talking and arguing with Roy's skull while sitting in some dank cave.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Between the constant fighting on the boats and the constant fighting in the cities, I hope Roy won't feel intimidated to be at a lower level than everyone else when he gets resurrected.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

Bobulus posted:

Between the constant fighting on the boats and the constant fighting in the cities, I hope Roy won't feel intimidated to be at a lower level than everyone else when he gets resurrected.

Wouldn't he get a whole lot of roleplay xp so that he isn't left at a lower level than everyone else? I mean, I assume he is eventually going to do something to help them out.

Samedi
Aug 26, 2003

I turn evil.

Bobulus posted:

Couldn't he just train with his grandfather or someone while he's up in heaven?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Samedi posted:

Couldn't he just train with his grandfather or someone while he's up in heaven?

Next time ON ORDER OF THE STICK Z:

?

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'd read it. You know, until it got obvious that the creator really just wanted to end the series, even if it meant killing off his characters.

And then it degraded in a 30 strip power-up grunting contest every arc, ignoring the secondary characters entirely, save to show how badass the new villain is.

And they sold it to the guys who make Erfworld who proceeded to butcher it so badly that it barely ressembled the original.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Bobulus posted:

Well, even without that there's a level penalty for resurrecting, and at that level there's not much hope of catching up any time soon

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

NutShellBill posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'd read it. You know, until it got obvious that the creator really just wanted to end the series, even if it meant killing off his characters.

And then it degraded in a 30 strip power-up grunting contest every arc, ignoring the secondary characters entirely, save to show how badass the new villain is.

And they sold it to the guys who make Erfworld who proceeded to butcher it so badly that it barely ressembled the original.

To be fair, to my knowledge, the actual manga was actually pretty reasonably paced. The reason the series had so much filler and time wasting for power ups and repetiveness and side character narration was because it was being made while the manga was still being published, and they would literally have to continue to produce episodes while waiting for issues to come out. It resulted in tons of filler arcs and episodes spent powering up or merging, which was not a problem the manga had.

The original Dragon Ball animated series was much more tightly paced because it came out after the coinciding manga.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

greatn posted:

GUYS THE FACT THAT I ENJOY SHOWS ABOUT SWEATY MEN GRUNTING AND COMPARING "POWER LEVELS" IS TOTALLY NOT GAY SEE ITS LESS GAY IN THE MANGAS SEE SEE?

Lets just come out and say what we mean here, am I right or am I right? :v:

On a more serious note, I doubt that Roy will be left many levels below the party after this whole deal. It just wouldn't serve much purpose as far as furthering the plot/spicing up aforementioned plot is concerned.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Captain Oblivious posted:

Lets just come out and say what we mean here, am I right or am I right? :v:

On a more serious note, I doubt that Roy will be left many levels below the party after this whole deal. It just wouldn't serve much purpose as far as furthering the plot/spicing up aforementioned plot is concerned.

Wow, you're kind of a dick. I've actually never read the manga, or watched the show in about ten years. It's just a random factoid I know, relevant because of the comparison of the two mediums. But sure, be a big man who takes the bold move of criticizing unpopular things, and a homophobe at the same time.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Yea, a lot of shows hit the problem where they catch up to their source material and find themselves spinning their wheels waiting for more manga to turn into show. I mean, Dragonball was pretty ridiculous to begin with, its just that it didn't help it at all to have to pad out seasons with filler on top of it.

Are we sure that all the Order are basically the same level? It could be that Roy is ahead of the others and the rez issue will actually put him on par with the bulk of the party? I don't really know why I suggest that, its just my impression that Roy is the core of the group, and picked up the others along the way. I guess I should buy and read that intro book so I actually know stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
If I had to guess, I'd say that everyone, including Elan will pass Roy, and when he comes back, he'll have to deal with being the "use-impaired" one. High level D & D doesn't favour characters with twenty level of fighter.

Even Elan will eventually his class' best spells, most of which will have a tough save, if he chooses things like Geas, and Charm Person.

Roy? The best he'll ever do is 5 attacks in a round. Doesn't quite compare with Wish (Vaarsuvius) and Miracle (Durkon).