Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jagfire
Aug 16, 2003

Boing!
Dr. Drew made an appearance this morning on Adam Corolla's radio show. Here's a link to the audio clip on Adam's site:

http://adam.freefm.com/pages/53939.php

Good times :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MHxG9fwKG8
I found this interesting, along with the other two linked in the description.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

spl00zer posted:

Adam + Dr. Drew on Loveline was the best thing in radio history and I'm glad I have almost all the 2000+ episodes archived!
:aaa: Now that's quite the impressive collection. If that all your own compilation?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
I know you guys like lightning rounds...well, this one's amazing.

And, it's in REVERB!

http://shows.lovelinearchive.com/Loveline%20-%202003-01-09.mp3

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

EnsGDT posted:

I know you guys like lightning rounds...well, this one's amazing.

And, it's in REVERB!

http://shows.lovelinearchive.com/Loveline%20-%202003-01-09.mp3

Yeah, that's one of my favorite ones. I think I posted that in one of the Loveline threads, it was so good.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Does anyone have danslovelineexperience.mp3 and if you do could you post it? Its a very good clip from when poster dans called in :)

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Latina Pride posted:

Does anyone have danslovelineexperience.mp3 and if you do could you post it? Its a very good clip from when poster dans called in :)

Not mine, just Googled it.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
Can anyone reference me to the episode in which a young boy calls in and tells Adam that he doesn't masturbate because his father never taught him how?

Or the one where near the end of the show, a caller (I think his name was Jason) calls up and basically does an impression of Adam and all his jokes and bits, in a lightning round style? Sorry for the poor descriptions.

Those are some of my favorite Adam bits of all time. I would love to find them again.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

Ez posted:

Or the one where near the end of the show, a caller (I think his name was Jason) calls up and basically does an impression of Adam and all his jokes and bits, in a lightning round style? Sorry for the poor descriptions.

That's Eric the Imitator, he calls in on a few different shows. You should be able to find it on the companion or achives.

Google Ron Paul
Jul 12, 2003

What was your face before Max Factor was born?
http://fyad.org/r42b

This show is killing me. The source of the HOW TALL IS THE GODDAMN DOOR call, Drew reveals to the girl who named her baby Andrew that Drew is his MIDDLE name, and Adam flips out on Drew for punching the mic.

In the beginning, Drew's phone line is fuzzy, so if you ever wanted to know what Drew sounds like on the phone here's your chance.

Plus Seth Green is neato.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

TylerDurden posted:

Hahahaha, I had no idea that was a Goon. That's almost the perfect Loveline call; the perfect one if it's a dude. VERY great stuff.

Do Not Eat The Tail
Apr 13, 2007

There are consequences! Buttmouth

TylerDurden posted:

I remember this call! This is wonderful.

Adam and Drew were such a wonderful duo, and seeing that the Archive was back up just made my day. If anyone has any doubts about listening to the show, please PLEASE listen to some of the links in this thread. You will learn a lot and be entertained!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Does anyone remember the episode where Adam talks about Kenny Rogers's band's song "What Condition my Condition is in"?

Or the one where they talk about cartoon or old 70s show theme songs?

Those were great and I can't remember em. :(

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn
Someone needs to compile a list of two things: all Adam's inventions, and all Adam's car analogies.

There's got to be at least one of each every show, if not more.

I'm trying to listen to all the episodes over again, so I just may do this.

Do Not Eat The Tail
Apr 13, 2007

There are consequences! Buttmouth

Liface posted:

Someone needs to compile a list of two things: all Adam's inventions....

Well: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/7133/invent.html :)

Illegal Grin
Oct 4, 2003
Hedonistic Bastard

UP AND ADAM posted:

Does anyone remember the episode where Adam talks about Kenny Rogers's band's song "What Condition my Condition is in"?

Or the one where they talk about cartoon or old 70s show theme songs?

Those were great and I can't remember em. :(

I don't know the show dates, but here's the Kenny Rogers bit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSVSNY22QZ4

And here's Adam and a guest doing the Super Chicken theme song.
http://www.dolland.net/loveline/sound/songs/superchicken.mp3

Dubious Merit
Apr 25, 2007

I realize that most of the people on this thread are only listening to archived Adam-era shows, but I have a request that impacts the current show:

I don't have a Myspace account, but could someone who does please leave a message at http://www.myspace.com/drdrewloveline about the Foo Fighters' "HIV doesn't cause AIDS" stance? Apparently half of the band is going to be on shortly, and that'd be really interesting for them to get into on the air.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Illegal Grin posted:

I don't know the show dates, but here's the Kenny Rogers bit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSVSNY22QZ4

And here's Adam and a guest doing the Super Chicken theme song.
http://www.dolland.net/loveline/sound/songs/superchicken.mp3

Thank you. That kenny rogers thing is one of the funniest things I've ever heard. : )

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Someone a few pages back asked if there were any good brit guests, personally I really enjoyed Clive Barker (he's been on several times including 7-11-2001). Chumbawumba was also an amusing show. The band was extremely combative and and set in promoting their Anarchist agenda which was pissing Adam off to no end. I used to have this episode on audio cassette along with about 120 other episodes from 96-97 but my mom tossed them all when they moved from our old house. :suicide:

I'll also second whoever said the Carey Elwes and Leigh W. episode was awesome. It really was.

ABlix-
Aug 22, 2004
Old School Software Pimp

Hipporats posted:

Someone a few pages back asked if there were any good brit guests, personally I really enjoyed Clive Barker (he's been on several times including 7-11-2001). Chumbawumba was also an amusing show. The band was extremely combative and and set in promoting their Anarchist agenda which was pissing Adam off to no end. I used to have this episode on audio cassette along with about 120 other episodes from 96-97 but my mom tossed them all when they moved from our old house. :suicide:

I'll also second whoever said the Carey Elwes and Leigh W. episode was awesome. It really was.

What date was the Chumbawumba episode? If you guys could include dates whenever you mention a great show, that would be really helpful.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

That's brilliant. Attack crows are still my favorite, because of the Bill Nye show associated with them, and the fact that Adam talked about them for at least two weeks worth of shows.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Gentleman, we have seen the future.

EnsGDT posted:

That's brilliant. Attack crows are still my favorite, because of the Bill Nye show associated with them, and the fact that Adam talked about them for at least two weeks worth of shows.

"You see that crow van pull up, ah christ..."

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn
Can anyone post any of the times Eric the Imitator has called? I can't find them anywhere.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

ABlix- posted:

What date was the Chumbawumba episode? If you guys could include dates whenever you mention a great show, that would be really helpful.

I'm pretty sure I haven't seen it available anywhere online, like I said, it was either late 96 or sometime in 97. I haven't been able to find many recordings pre-2000.

Illegal Grin
Oct 4, 2003
Hedonistic Bastard

Liface posted:

Can anyone post any of the times Eric the Imitator has called? I can't find them anywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOrQ_cNJ5-s

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Noooo, not this one! This is the crappy second or third time he called, the first time was really good.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I thought the Gorillaz were one of the funniest guests to appear on the show. Murdoc cracked me up.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Jubs posted:

I thought the Gorillaz were one of the funniest guests to appear on the show. Murdoc cracked me up.

Yeah, I don't get all the complaints. That was one of the best shows I've listened to in awhile.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome

AuntBuck posted:

Yeah, I don't get all the complaints. That was one of the best shows I've listened to in awhile.

Murdoc was pretty funny, but I honestly listen to the achieves to hear Adam and Drew and the callers. I don't mind guests being active, but that show was 90 minutes of Murdoc. I guess it comes down to what your ideal show is. I usually prefer No Guest shows.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Gentleman, we have seen the future.
The no guest shows from may 2003 are gems of blood, sweat and tears goodness. Hearing adam belting out go down gambling makes me cry laughing.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

Bumpon10s posted:

The no guest shows from may 2003 are gems of blood, sweat and tears goodness. Hearing adam belting out go down gambling makes me cry laughing.

The DAG go down gamblin show is one of the best.

BeyondRepair
Sep 11, 2006

News Machine
2003-11-09

This is the infamous "Hawaii rant" episode where Adam goes off about how retarded the Hawaiians are. One three minute rant got Loveline banned from the island's radio. He opens the show talking about how much he hates weathermen in LA and gets on to Hawaii about 8:30 in. One of my favourite openings to any show just because of how blunt he is.

Mr. Raccoon
Jul 27, 2007
Stryker stinks, to the tune of 35 hobo power.

But hey, it takes all kinds.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I'm reading through the original loveline thread again and I just wanted to repost something TylerDurden said:

quote:

Enough good things cannot be said about Loveline. Carolla is by far the most natural comedian I have ever heard. Carolla has delivered some of the most sophisticated comedy monologues I have ever heard. Time and time again I have heard him come up with genius analogies on the spot that most comedy writers, given weeks, couldn't come up with. Carolla's verbal and mental dexterity, despite his constant self deprecation, would make any comedian, orator, or even politician jelous. Alot of comedians you see on stage, are boring unfunny people as soon as theyre "off", what you hear on the radio isn't prepared in any way by Adam, it is just genuine natural comedy and wit, that is why he stands out. One good quote that I remember is roughly "Carolla's rants are best described as acid-tongued Anthropology lectures, with pot and masturbation references thrown in for good measure"

Loveline, I dare say, at least during the time Carolla was in it, was the most important show a teenager could listen to. Dr. Drew and Adam talked about issues that noone, in the whole media, talked about. It was the ONLY show for numerous years, that you would even hear the words "morning after pill". Noone in the media talked about the root cause, of almost any social problem you can name, abuse in childhood. Almost without exeption, any deviant, antisocial, unhealthy, violent behavior could be traced back to early trauma. They were the only show that i know of that tried to get at the root of the problem, through peoples bullshit, and to genuenly help.

That is why it pisses me off so much to see Stryker and that poo poo stain Bonaduce opposite Adam and Drew. Goddamn i wish Adam would come back.

:911:

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah

TylerDurden posted:

Noooo, not this one! This is the crappy second or third time he called, the first time was really good.

http://www.grandfromage.net/SA/Eric%20The%20Imitator.mp3? It's off a site on the first page.

Google Ron Paul
Jul 12, 2003

What was your face before Max Factor was born?
Does anyone know the context for the "human being better run" Drew drop?

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Google Ron Paul posted:

I still think the best out-of-context drop of all time was Dr. Bruce's 'I've had anal sex and I've passed out a couple of times.' I'm also curious what the context was to Drew's 'human being better run' was.

blacquethoven
Nov 29, 2003
Apparently the Chumbawamba loveline was November 3, 1997, hopefully someone can find it because I love hearing when Adam gets pissed at/makes fun of the guests. Does anyone know any other shows available in the archive where Adam gets into it with the guest?

Absolut Mike
Oct 22, 2004

Primae noctis menage a trois.

blacquethoven posted:

Apparently the Chumbawamba loveline was November 3, 1997, hopefully someone can find it because I love hearing when Adam gets pissed at/makes fun of the guests. Does anyone know any other shows available in the archive where Adam gets into it with the guest?

I can't recall anything specific, but this isn't usually Adam's style. He usually just acts all polite, and the next night will rip into them, while Drew says nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

Google Ron Paul posted:

The entire clip can be found at

http://www.dolland.net/loveline/sound/misc/index.html

The file is called "Drew's Crank Yanker", and the only description listed is "The audio clip that was burnt onto CD and left at the doorstep of the Westwood One studio."

Hope that helps.

• Locked thread