Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

granpa yum
Jul 15, 2004
i just got two of these

and this mixer

i got it all hooked up and this poo poo is the most fun i've ever had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daenn
Oct 17, 2003

If any day is a good day, today is a good day for disaster.
^^ that looks pretty sick.

Ok so here are some real pictures.

Everything in this is new within the past 4 months, except the tuner and EQ pedals, which I've had forever.

JoTro
Dec 24, 2006

So tonight I'm gonna party like its 1066!
That is one beautiful Carvin.

Satchmo
Nov 3, 2005
!?
Just bought this yesterday

It's my first banjo, a Gold Tone CC-100, and it's a loving blast to play.

Daenn posted:

yay carvin DC- buddy!

mr_package
Jun 13, 2000
Ah, after months of TC Electronics not shipping / shipping / recalling their Konnekt48 I decided to go with a competing product that offers a reputation for top-notch hardware and reliable, well-written software: the RME FireFace 800

I feel really good about the choice, the Konnekt may offer some cool features but the FF800 is a very proven platform.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Daenn posted:

golly, that is a pretty piece of wood.

Dirp
May 16, 2007
If all goes according to plan, Santa is going to be bringing me a Gretsch G5120 for Christmas. Nobody tell him that I don't yet have an amp to do it justice. :ssh:

Ichron
May 6, 2007

It's hip to be square.
My first guitar...I just loving love Mockingbirds so I had to make that my first. It should be here soon.

Placebo Messiah
Jan 1, 2006

This is the dawning of the age of asparagus

mr_package posted:

Ah, after months of TC Electronics not shipping / shipping / recalling their Konnekt48 I decided to go with a competing product that offers a reputation for top-notch hardware and reliable, well-written software: the RME FireFace 800

I feel really good about the choice, the Konnekt may offer some cool features but the FF800 is a very proven platform.

loving sweet

you know what quality is

That Guy From Pearldiver
Apr 18, 2001

President and Sole Member of the Andre Braugher Appreciation Society
Early Xmas gift from my parents.

BOSS BCB-60 Pedalboard

Early Xmas grift from me to me. :D
Boss GEB-7 EQ pedal

$70 pedal for $35 because of a little damage external damage.

:rock: Awesome :rock:

mr_package
Jun 13, 2000

Placebo Messiah posted:

loving sweet

you know what quality is

Hah, thanks. Got a great price from Rivens Bitch on this one.

Evil the Cat
Oct 18, 2001

make that shit sound like rock music!

Ichron posted:

My first guitar...I just loving love Mockingbirds so I had to make that my first. It should be here soon.

i think thats the coolest shaped guitar out right now. nice buy!

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
I heard the production quality on B.C. Richs these days is usually below average. Any truth to that? I've never really had a chance to play one, but they definitely make some pretty cool shapes.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Daenn posted:

^^ that looks pretty sick.

Ok so here are some real pictures.

Everything in this is new within the past 4 months, except the tuner and EQ pedals, which I've had forever.

This is insane.

We have the same guitar and pedal board!

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

That Guy From Pearldiver posted:

Early Xmas grift from me to me. :D
Boss GEB-7 EQ pedal

$70 pedal for $35 because of a little damage external damage.

:rock: Awesome :rock:

I love buying used stuff. It has soul already included. :)

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
A member of the Harmony Central forums had some stuff to give away, and I came in first for a Boss DS-1.

I snagged it fast because it's one of the easier pedals to mod, or so I hear. I just have to pay for shipping. :q:

I love H-C.

Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Hi. Did you order the Mongolian… Beef?
A bit late in posting this, but here it is:

Fernandes Ravelle Elite

A few observations in how it feels: The design is top notch. Great paintjob. The neck is a little slow, sadly. It feels a bit sticky. It's not that heavy, at least compared to my backbreaking Orville LP Custom.

The neck pickup is the Fernandes humbucker/sustainer and the bridge is a Seymour Duncan JB. The tone is fatter and much MUCH more natural than my Jaguar HH Special. The problem with the HH is that if you try to tweak the tone knob, it muddies the sound instead of fattening it. The Ravelle is crystal clear on any setting. It also takes pedals much better. Playing with a Proco Rat alone sounds nice and thick, unlike with the Jag where it sounds thin until I thicken it with my Wasabi Overdrive. Problem is that I haven't really tried out a good Les Paul; the Orville was off of a Fender Blues Deluxe, which LP's are basically allergic to.

As for the sustainer, it's powered by a 9 Volt compartment in the back. The right ("lower") switch turns the sustainer on and off while the left ("upper") switch controls whether or not it's in mode 1 or mode 2. With the sustainer on, you essentially have no bridge pickup, so the guitar's on treble/lead mode permanently (not that you'd use the sustainer on rhythm). Mode 1 is infinite sustain, where a magnet inside the pickup vibrates the string. Mode 2 is feedback mode, which works incredibly well with a pedal through it. The feedback feels a little unstable, though not as unstable as the way my friend's Harmony Rocket 335-copy does.

I'm very satisfied with the guitar. The 24.75" scale hasn't affected my wrists adversely. I'm probably going to sell the Jaguar HH because the Ravelle outclasses it in every way other than the neck.

jonawesome
May 9, 2004
I was just looking for my kitten!

Moniker posted:

This is insane.

We have the same guitar and pedal board!

Not quite the same. His looks to be a neck-thru while yours is probably a set neck. A detail which would probably affect the tone/sustain of the guitar.

Alfa Tard
Sep 30, 2002

Stoopid Noobie

Susano-maku da! posted:

A bit late in posting this, but here it is:

Fernandes Ravelle Elite

These things look cool, would love to try one some day

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Luxowell posted:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Holy poo poo!

The guitarist in my band MADE that pedal for you! Small loving world!

He's a super genius when it comes to that stuff, and a hell of a great guy!

Here's his myspace page that has a lot of the stuff he makes/has made.

http://www.myspace.com/chunks717

His "White Russian" pedal is...how you say... a-niiiice
Haha nice. Although I haven't ordered one yet, but I def. want one.

Luxowell
Mar 2, 2007

3toes posted:

Haha nice. Although I haven't ordered one yet, but I def. want one.

He's great, sells a poo poo ton of stuff. He's at the point now where making pedals is all he does for a living. I supports his stuff well and fixes things that break for the cost of shipping (as long as you don't run over it with a car or something).

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

Susano-maku da! posted:

It's like the bastard child of a Les Paul and a Mockingbird joined in the middle.

Herr Roboto
Jul 20, 2006

by Ozma

Herr Roboto posted:

Today I bought something on ebay.

A Starfield Altair SJ Special.
I haven't chosen a name yet, but "Edel Nutte" is pretty high up on my name-list(because it wasn't cheap and it's sexy as hell)
I'll post better pics as soon as I get it.
Edit: nevermind, I'm a retard.

Herr Roboto fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 17, 2007

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Herr Roboto posted:

Today the case arrived. I hope the guitar is inside, I don't really know if the guitar is inside, because the case is locked and he didn't put a key in the packet.

WHAT THE gently caress! :barf:
You should be able to open it with a small flat-head screwdriver - guitar case locks aren't exactly the... toughest safes to crack. :ninja:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Luxowell posted:

He's great, sells a poo poo ton of stuff. He's at the point now where making pedals is all he does for a living. I supports his stuff well and fixes things that break for the cost of shipping (as long as you don't run over it with a car or something).

Yeah so I hear, that's why I'm drawn to it over an actual Lovetone pedal. I found him online like a year ago and asked if he did a Meatball clone, at the time I don't think he did although he was open to the possibility. Then I just stumbled upon his work over at the TalkBass forums. I'm so glad he's doing them now, it really is an awesome pedal, and this makes it so much more affordable than the real thing.

Give him a high-five for me :)

adamrobertt
May 13, 2006

by Ozma
Waiting for this to come in the mail. I want ittt

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

adamrobertt posted:

Nice, I always wanted to give one of those a try. When I was looking to build a bass out of some vintage/older parts, I was surprised at how cheaply you could get some of the old mustang bodies.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

adamrobertt posted:

Holy gently caress you got a Mustang bass for $150? Even though the reserve wasn't met?

adamrobertt
May 13, 2006

by Ozma

Handen posted:

Holy gently caress you got a Mustang bass for $150? Even though the reserve wasn't met?

Nooo, I loving wish! I paid $500 for the guy to end the auction early.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

adamrobertt posted:

Nice, I thought that never worked...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

adamrobertt posted:

Soooo you paid $500 for him to end the auction and therefore destroy any protection you had for him to take your money and NOT send you the bass and get no reimbursement?

Shatwag
Jan 26, 2003

Laura Croft who?
I thought the seller couldn't end an auction if there were already bids on it.

Socket Ryanist
Aug 30, 2004

Spilrod posted:

:) behringer djx900
Hope you enjoy it while it lasts! :shobon:

adamrobertt
May 13, 2006

by Ozma

3toes posted:

Soooo you paid $500 for him to end the auction and therefore destroy any protection you had for him to take your money and NOT send you the bass and get no reimbursement?

Yep. As if eBay "protection" is worth a poo poo anyway. He had 99.6% positive feedback with like a couple thousand feedbacks and all positives within the last year. I'm not too worried.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

adamrobertt posted:

Yep. As if eBay "protection" is worth a poo poo anyway. He had 99.6% positive feedback with like a couple thousand feedbacks and all positives within the last year. I'm not too worried.

Ah then yeah, you should be fine.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

adamrobertt posted:

Yep. As if eBay "protection" is worth a poo poo anyway.
Eh, it's better than nothing. I once had a buyer try to tell me the Les Paul I shipped had arrived with the headstock "broken off" and that he wanted a refund - more than two weeks after he got the guitar and left good feedback. Hmm, you'd think he'd have noticed that sooner??

I did the usual asking to see photos of the damage, if he had filed a claim with UPS, etc... after much dicking around (including him refusing to answer my questions & even sending me my own auction photos as "proof"), I went ahead and opened a claim with SquareTrade. Upon informing him of this, he let me know "it's no big deal, really, just a bent tuner I can fix it." Uh-huh. :crossarms:

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

jonawesome posted:

Not quite the same. His looks to be a neck-thru while yours is probably a set neck. A detail which would probably affect the tone/sustain of the guitar.

:eng101: Mine is neck through. I have a flame maple veneer so you can not see the neck going through it.

Daenn
Oct 17, 2003

If any day is a good day, today is a good day for disaster.

Moniker posted:

This is insane.

Haha, we are awesome.

Alfa Tard
Sep 30, 2002

Stoopid Noobie

jonawesome posted:

I dunno how big a deal it is. I've owned guitars and basses that were neck through, set and bolt ons and the quality of the instrument *never* hinged on whether or not it was a neck through. I love Les Pauls and Wawrick LXs (bolt on basses). It's a design feature that works better with some guitars than others but I'd never base a purchase on that feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snappy Zings
Feb 19, 2003
I'M TOO FUCKING STUPID TO DO A SIMPLE SEARCH OF THE FORUMS.
Very excited, just ordered an SX SJT guitar from RondoMusic. I love the body style on this one, and the P-90's are going to rock me.