Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

Snappy Zings posted:

Very excited, just ordered an SX SJT guitar from RondoMusic. I love the body style on this one, and the P-90's are going to rock me.

Now that guitar, my friend, has style.

Van Dis fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luxowell
Mar 2, 2007

3toes posted:

Give him a high-five for me :)

I think I might have high-fived him at practice tonight. If so, we'll just say its from you.

FlossMan
Oct 19, 2005

No, I can't. Too much hair.

Snappy Zings posted:

Very excited, just ordered an SX SJT guitar from RondoMusic. I love the body style on this one, and the P-90's are going to rock me.

Like a Gibson Moderne had sex with a Jazzmaster... I love it.

FlossMan fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Dec 18, 2007

Atomic Monkey
Jul 27, 2006

HIS AVATAR IS BEN AFFLECK BUT HIS NAME IS ATOMIC MONK.. OH WAIT, I GET IT
Line 6 HD147 halfstack

Best amp I have ever played or heard in my life.
Distortion can be heavy as hell, and clean can be just be like (duh) music to your ears.

Awesome amp I love it.

MrWeight
Dec 9, 2006

by Ozma

Snappy Zings posted:

This is one guitar I've really looked into buying, and I only had one reservation. Tell me how the neck feels! Is it really tapered and fast? Is there any way you could take a picture of it?

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Just got a 1993 Ovation Custom Balladeer 1860

Not actual pictures, but it looks exactly the same

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
a pickguard for my jazz bass!

and maybe someday I'll get some decent pickup covers that fit these pickups.

Gayer
Feb 4, 2007

peavey is old

now I just need a cab >_>

Alfa Tard
Sep 30, 2002

Stoopid Noobie

commissargribb posted:

a pickguard for my jazz bass!

and maybe someday I'll get some decent pickup covers that fit these pickups.

I came close to ordering the same pickguard but I don't think the screw holes will line up properly. I love rollergirls! How is the quality?

Powerglove
Aug 4, 2003

Stupid no interest for 15 months.....

Pod X3 Live and American Deluxe Tele- the tele plays like a dream and is sooo versatile. I always loved playing them in store and finally sold my SG to get the funding for one (with a heavy heart, but my Agile LP has me covered on the humbucker side). The new hotness ROCKS though.

NumbersAndNoise
Jan 13, 2005

Nothing but numbers and noise.

lovely picture. Fender FM-100 starter mandolin. It's so far the most fun I've had with any instrument.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Alfa Tard posted:

I came close to ordering the same pickguard but I don't think the screw holes will line up properly. I love rollergirls! How is the quality?

the screw holes lined up alright. the pickguard was very tight in some areas and others it needed to be modified with a rotary tool.

the quality is good. I would have liked it better if it were 3 ply and the black parts are closer to a very dark purple but I would say it was a good investment.

PenguinBob
Oct 12, 2000

Powerglove posted:

Pod X3 Live and American Deluxe Tele- the tele plays like a dream and is sooo versatile. I always loved playing them in store and finally sold my SG to get the funding for one (with a heavy heart, but my Agile LP has me covered on the humbucker side). The new hotness ROCKS though.

that finish is purdy.

I'm lucky I have no credit because I probably would have gotten myself retarded in debt to GC and Sam Ash with that same as cash for 15 months deal. new highway 1 jazz bass? twin reverb? micro korg? don't mind if I do!

oh yeah, and this should be coming in the mail today.

anybody wanna buy a TS9 and/or a Marshall Guv'nor 2+? I think this will be better for the bass sound I'm looking for.

PenguinBob fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Dec 20, 2007

Ben and Stew
Mar 31, 2006

Woah!

Powerglove posted:

How does the POD X3 sound? Sometimes I wonder whether I'd be better off buying something like that or just buying Guitar Rig 3 (which sounds great) and the controller while running it through my macbook pro.

screwy
Apr 16, 2006

by elpintogrande

PenguinBob posted:

oh yeah, and this should be coming in the mail today.

I got mine yesterday. Still haven't had the chance to try it out, though.

adamrobertt
May 13, 2006

by Ozma
Got my Mustang bass, and I loving love it. I have one problem though - what the hell kind of strings do I put on it? I'm pretty sure full scale strings will be too long. Do they make short scale strings? Is the Mustang truly a short scale bass? It's got a 30'' scale length, and while that's shorter than a full scale electric bass, I've also read about basses with 25'' scales.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

adamrobertt posted:

Got my Mustang bass, and I loving love it. I have one problem though - what the hell kind of strings do I put on it? I'm pretty sure full scale strings will be too long. Do they make short scale strings? Is the Mustang truly a short scale bass? It's got a 30'' scale length, and while that's shorter than a full scale electric bass, I've also read about basses with 25'' scales.

Generally to retain the same tension as a normal scale instrument you'll want higher gauge strings.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
Yes, there are short scale bass strings. Handen's correct, though if you're using regular strings (unless it says "short scale" on the package, assume they're for a 34" bass), you'll want a heavier gauge to keep them from being too floppy.

Pirateparty
Apr 12, 2007

Scurvy

I figure I should set my standards high..

Snappy Zings
Feb 19, 2003
I'M TOO FUCKING STUPID TO DO A SIMPLE SEARCH OF THE FORUMS.

MrWeight posted:

This is one guitar I've really looked into buying, and I only had one reservation. Tell me how the neck feels! Is it really tapered and fast? Is there any way you could take a picture of it?

I finally received this guitar in the mail today, and I've been playing it for hours. I'm constantly surprised at the quality of this thing. I got the guitar and a hard case all for around $200 (shipping included). It was packed perfectly, shipped nicely, arrived in one piece, and let me tell you, everything is just top notch for a budget guitar.

In response to your question, yes, the neck is tapered, and fast. It honestly plays very well. I've heard some people say they needed to change the action on the guitar when they first received it, but the action's set perfect for me already. I made sure to get the model with the stop-bar tailpiece and not the fulcrum tailpiece with the whammy, just because I don't use that effect that much and I figured it would be too much weight and mess with the intonation.

Man, even the case this came with is fantastic. It's lockable, and I wasn't expecting that! I also wasn't expecting the compartments in the case to be so nice--there's a compartment for parts with a little panel to cover it as well as a compartment that fits 8 1/2 x 11" paper perfectly (for sheet music and tabs).

I haven't gotten the chance to check out the electronics on the guitar yet, as my amp isn't at my place of residence right now, but if I don't like them, gently caress it, I'll just replace them, considering this was only a $130 guitar. As far as the body, the neck, everything, it's just fantastic. I think the ONLY thing that's wrong with this guitar is the pickguard smudges/scratches easily when I play with a pick, but I never have and never will give a hot poo poo about that as I find that kind of stuff gives a guitar its character.

I love this thing, and I recommend it profusely :)

Daughter
Jul 23, 2007

Pirateparty posted:

I figure I should set my standards high..

So did you buy that one or is that not your picture? If not I have one that I would sell you. Its an 87, identical to the picture. Let me know if you want some pics.

Pirateparty
Apr 12, 2007

Scurvy

Daughter posted:

So did you buy that one or is that not your picture? If not I have one that I would sell you. Its an 87, identical to the picture. Let me know if you want some pics.
Just a random one I googled, I'd love to buy yours but I just recently started saving up money for one and it might take me a while. I'll make sure to keep you in mind though. :)

Ichron
May 6, 2007

It's hip to be square.
:woop:

My guitar came in yesterday. I haven't had much time to even play with it because I also happened to pick up my new 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X, but this isn't an auto forum.

I suck at pictures and my camera isn't the best...but anyways...

Mock (yeah)
ing (yeah)
bird (yeah)
yeah (yeah)

Darth Fungus
Mar 12, 2007
Sausage Smoker

Snappy Zings posted:

that is the best color for anything ever

Evil the Cat
Oct 18, 2001

make that shit sound like rock music!

Darth Fungus posted:

that is the best color for anything ever

racist! the blood red one in the post above looks really nice too

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

screwy posted:

I got mine yesterday. Still haven't had the chance to try it out, though.

I'm torn on big muffs.

mine has always sounded awesome but it's had a tendency to fall apart and I always hear about them breaking.

wing
Apr 26, 2003

pretty proud of this one. maybe not so proud of my jenky-rear end room but whatever

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
I am a slut for blinky lights and bleepy loops in the laboratory.

Cynicide
Jun 13, 2002

Born from a wish

wing posted:

pretty proud of this one. maybe not so proud of my jenky-rear end room but whatever

Good score to get one with the E! card.

wing
Apr 26, 2003

Cynicide posted:

Good score to get one with the E! card.

not only that, but if the guy who sold it to me isn't making GBS threads me (he seems like the nicest guy ever so I doubt he is), its only got an hour of playtime on it since it was bought in the late 80s

Street Spirit
May 20, 2001

ynohtna posted:

You son-of-a-bitch.

(oh god drat post some samples plz)

Run Dodo Run
Oct 7, 2006

ynohtna posted:

So, what's it like? I was considering picking one up after christmas when the inevitable pricedrops occur, but I dunno if I can justify £600 for what seems like a novelty toy.

Ben and Stew
Mar 31, 2006

Woah!
OOHH YEAH *like the song from ferris bueller*

Ben and Stew fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Dec 23, 2007

iamlark
Feb 24, 2007
huh?

ynohtna posted:

What is this?

edit: Oh wow. It's what I thought it was and I am incredibly jealous.

iamlark fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Dec 23, 2007

krisis
Oct 25, 2003

i have a light case of asparagus.

ynohtna posted:

I want to know how this "soundscape" sounds. It'll be like drawn serialism.

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Just got myself one of these babies.

There is a retarded amount of fret buzz though, mainly on the E string, so I'm planning on changing to thicker strings and possibly getting this thing set up. I need a new amp too...

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

The Dark Wind posted:

Just got myself one of these babies.

There is a retarded amount of fret buzz though, mainly on the E string, so I'm planning on changing to thicker strings and possibly getting this thing set up. I need a new amp too...

If I ever get a new bass, this will be it. These things are loving beautiful.

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

Picked up a couple pedals.

Here is the current project guitar (I ripped off the idea blatantly from Spiral)

And here is my newest guitar, a trashed to hell 1971 Gibson SG. One of the previous owners decided it would be a good idea to sand down the horns. Bastard.

phantom309
Nov 11, 2001
Pride O' the Campground

pennywisdom posted:

...And here is my newest guitar, a trashed to hell 1971 Gibson SG. One of the previous owners decided it would be a good idea to sand down the horns. Bastard.

I remember that thread. That looks a lot cooler than those lovely backward pics had me thinking. I bet it's a kick in the rear end to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arthur
Nov 28, 2005

It's like those miserable psalms, they're so depressing...
Why hello there.

Should keep me occupied for a while!