Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Geesus posted:

My girlfriend wants me to find a song, but she is giving me very little to work with. I don't expect anyone to be able to find it, but it's worth a shot. The only lyrics she can give me are "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." She says it is a female singer with a band that sounds similar to Flyleaf. If anyone can find it that would be great, I've spent about an hour looking already, but those lyrics make it impossible.

Flyleaf have a song called 'I'm Sorry'... are you sure it isn't that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swagger like us
Oct 27, 2005

Don't mind me. We must protect rapists and misogynists from harm. If they're innocent they must not be named. Surely they'll never harm their sleeping, female patients. Watch me defend this in great detail. I am not a mens rights activist either.
Im looking for a song that has the chorus go as "and I'm lost in the music..." and something about "something from above, I'm lost in the music" and it has a very distinct beat throughout the whole song.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

Artem posted:

Im looking for a song that has the chorus go as "and I'm lost in the music..." and something about "something from above, I'm lost in the music" and it has a very distinct beat throughout the whole song.

Must be a really really underground song, It doesn't seem to show up

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=dP&q=%22I%27m+lost+in+the+music%22&btnG=Search
sifting through that is your best bet.

swagger like us
Oct 27, 2005

Don't mind me. We must protect rapists and misogynists from harm. If they're innocent they must not be named. Surely they'll never harm their sleeping, female patients. Watch me defend this in great detail. I am not a mens rights activist either.

NeoSeeker posted:

Must be a really really underground song, It doesn't seem to show up

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=dP&q=%22I%27m+lost+in+the+music%22&btnG=Search
sifting through that is your best bet.

It was playing on the radio here in BC, Canada so i don't think it should be that underground. I think its an older hit.

Geesus
Feb 1, 2004
Idiot.

blinkeve1826 posted:

This probably isn't it, but someone much earlier in the thread was looking for a song with those lyrics and it turned out to be"They" by Jem. Could that be it?

That is actually it, thanks!

swagger like us
Oct 27, 2005

Artem posted:

Found it! It's by David Usher, called The Music.

Lord Wroughtarm
Mar 15, 2006

Lord of Tweed-aloft-Penbrook
I'm looking for a hiphop song that's been on the radio within the past couple years, unusual since it sounds more like electronica than hiphop. European club-type music, but with regular R+B type vocals. I thought the name of the song was something in poor grammar like, "Who I Are". Also, I might've seen the music video linked off of these very forums. Any help is appreciated.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Lord Wroughtarm posted:

I'm looking for a hiphop song that's been on the radio within the past couple years, unusual since it sounds more like electronica than hiphop. European club-type music, but with regular R+B type vocals. I thought the name of the song was something in poor grammar like, "Who I Are". Also, I might've seen the music video linked off of these very forums. Any help is appreciated.

The Way I Are by Timbaland?

Lord Wroughtarm
Mar 15, 2006

Lord of Tweed-aloft-Penbrook

Cavenagh posted:

The Way I Are by Timbaland?

You nailed it. Thanks.

quizilla
May 31, 2005
huge slut

Spider Crusoe posted:

There was a music video I saw several years ago. It was electronic music, and the video featured an animal or alien that was caged in a science lab. I think it was done in CG for the most part. The creature escapes and runs down a snowy hill, and I think they chase it with a helicopter. Anyone know what I'm referring to?
Royksopp - Poor Leno?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-_jhdZoPW1Q

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:

quizilla posted:

Royksopp - Poor Leno?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-_jhdZoPW1Q

That video makes my head feel like it's exploding.

semper wifi
Oct 31, 2007
I was watching some MTV channel that actually showed music videos the other day and heard a rap song I actually liked. I can't really tell you much about the lyrics but it had a girl dancing in a club (the song was about her), and a guy who looked like Lil Jon singing it, it might have been him, but I missed the title and artists in it.

Halfsharkalligator
Dec 11, 2007

come on feet, cruise for me
come on feet, come on run
I haven't heard or seen this song in ages so if you have something that sounds like this with one or two details off then post it anyway.

The video starts with some bearded guy playing drums on the street then go's into some girls apartment as she wakes up. I am really bad at explaining the next part so bear with me. The video changes to a studio without you really noticing and now there are several of the girls doing some sort of synchronised dancing.

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

Halfsharkalligator posted:

I haven't heard or seen this song in ages so if you have something that sounds like this with one or two details off then post it anyway.

The video starts with some bearded guy playing drums on the street then go's into some girls apartment as she wakes up. I am really bad at explaining the next part so bear with me. The video changes to a studio without you really noticing and now there are several of the girls doing some sort of synchronised dancing.

Chemical Brothers - Let Forever Be
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hmpxsk3dHaA

Halfsharkalligator
Dec 11, 2007

come on feet, cruise for me
come on feet, come on run

LL_Ghoul_J posted:

Chemical Brothers - Let Forever Be
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hmpxsk3dHaA

Holy poo poo, you have no idea how long I have been looking for that song, I thought it was by Fatboy Slim but I couldn't find anything. Thank you so much.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I'm looking for this song. I'm pretty sure it's an Offspring song, but I'm not sure what it's called. It starts off just with the singer going NAAAAA, NAAA, NA NA NA NAAAAAAAAAAAAA, NAAAA, NAAAA, NA NA NA NAAAAAAA. Then the guitar comes in matching in the melody that the guy just sung. Anyone know?

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

attackmole posted:

I'm looking for this song. I'm pretty sure it's an Offspring song, but I'm not sure what it's called. It starts off just with the singer going NAAAAA, NAAA, NA NA NA NAAAAAAAAAAAAA, NAAAA, NAAAA, NA NA NA NAAAAAAA. Then the guitar comes in matching in the melody that the guy just sung. Anyone know?

Sounds like Self Esteem by Offspring. Also, this music video is atrocious.

Socket Ryanist
Aug 30, 2004

attackmole posted:

"Self Esteem" by the Offspring

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...
Trying to ID a song I heard on the radio in Philly. It's kinda shoegazery, and the only lyrics I can remember are repeated through the song, either "I can sleep," or "I can't sleep." Could also be "I can dream," or "I can't dream," though I'm leaning toward sleep.

It's driving me crazy because I heard about twenty seconds or so of the song, and it sounded somewhat familiar, but I just can't place it.

It's definitely getting airplay on Radio 104.5 here and there.

Edit: Never mind, found it... Band of Horses - Is There a Ghost. The line was "I could sleep."

tonytheshoes fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Dec 24, 2007

Nocturnal Dream
May 6, 2007
Read my mind
I've been trying to find a song for a few months now with no luck what so ever. The song is called something along the lines of "Make up X" or "Breakup Sex". Its got a very 80's synth beat to it and it's very fast paced. The lead singer also does a scream at the end of it as well. I've heard it being played on my local radio station a few times, but I've never caught the name of it.

Any help would be great.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I heard a brief snippet of a song last night that sounded basically like a mainstream pop-punk band (Fall Out Boy, etc) with Tim Kasher (of Cursive, The Good Life) on main or backup vocals. I have absolutely no lyrics and this is a horribly vague request, but maybe someone knows of something Kasher has done recently with other bands? I already know that it's not the "My Brother the Failure" track off of the new Thursday album. When I heard the song, my internal thought was "Fall Out Boy featuring Tim Kasher"...

Dr. Video Games 0089
Apr 15, 2004

“Silent Blue - .random.”

http://www.hardnye.com/

Click "next track >>>" and it should start playing a song with some heavy breathing, anyone happen to know what it is? Thanks.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

SilentBlue posted:

http://www.hardnye.com/

Click "next track >>>" and it should start playing a song with some heavy breathing, anyone happen to know what it is? Thanks.

'Downtown' by Peaches. More specifically, the Simian Mobile Disco remix.

DanteDyas
Sep 4, 2006

..............!?
This is a trance track I heard on the radio a few years ago, so the actual song may or may not be trance. All I remember is a woman singing breathlessly "kiss you so hard" and the words "after all" in the chorus. Not much to go by unfortunately.

Delerium has a song called After All, but it's not the same as this.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The newest Cloverfield TV spot has some electronica-type music playing in the background, anybody know who it is? I can't seem to find it on Youtube, so unless you've seen it on TV it's kind of impossible.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Dec 26, 2007

Aominux
Aug 17, 2003

3 7 15 1 292 1 1 1 2 1 3 1 14 2 1 1 2 2 2 2 1 84 2 1 1 15 3 13 1 4 2 6 6 99 1 2 2 6 3 5 1 1 6 8 1 7 1 2 3 7 1 2 1 1 12 1 1 1 3 1 1 8 1 1 2 1 6 1 1 5 2 2
I think it's a late-ish 90s rock tune.. low voiced male singer? It's got a plucky guitar bit that goes a bit like this:
code:
 ^ ^ ^ ^ v  v  ^ v  -  ^ v v   (ups and downs; all one octave)
a d e f a f   d e d   d f d a   (twiddle here and repeat)
Chords for FAF and DED are F major and C major I think? Maybe just fourths though.

Edit: Ugggghhhhhhh it's "What If" by Creed :smithicide:

Edit the Second: And the A is sharp

Aominux fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Dec 27, 2007

swagger like us
Oct 27, 2005

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEz4LUgJDA

Has the guy released an MP3 of this?

PUSSY BARON
Dec 25, 2005

by mons all madden
I heard a song tonight but couldn't really hear the lyrics since they were being sung by a small choir it seemed. It sounded like Broken Social Scene I guess. I think I heard "seal the deal" and the end sounded quite similar to the end of Strawberry Fields Forever, especially the drum part. Probably not very helpful but maybe somebody knows what I'm talking about.

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

FilthyWalrus posted:

I was watching some MTV channel that actually showed music videos the other day and heard a rap song I actually liked. I can't really tell you much about the lyrics but it had a girl dancing in a club (the song was about her), and a guy who looked like Lil Jon singing it, it might have been him, but I missed the title and artists in it.
Might be this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=EKMt1L4cRTY

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Artem posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olEz4LUgJDA

Has the guy released an MP3 of this?

Not sure, but you could use https://www.vixy.net and make your own.

Creamy Goodness
Jun 13, 2005

This is more of a help me identify an album.

My friend gave me a copy of a copy of a cd she was given. She has no idea of the artist. It's an album of fishing songs set to Christmas music in a blue grass style. Besides using christmas music there isn't really a christmas theme to the album. IE instead of 'I wish you a Merry Christmas/and a happy New Year' they do 'I wish you'd clean our fish mess/then bring us some beer'

Anyway I've been searching online for who this is if anyone knows.

Thanks

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Creamy Goodness posted:

This is more of a help me identify an album.

My friend gave me a copy of a copy of a cd she was given. She has no idea of the artist. It's an album of fishing songs set to Christmas music in a blue grass style. Besides using christmas music there isn't really a christmas theme to the album. IE instead of 'I wish you a Merry Christmas/and a happy New Year' they do 'I wish you'd clean our fish mess/then bring us some beer'

Anyway I've been searching online for who this is if anyone knows.

Thanks

If it's a 1:1 copy of the original cd, you might try playing it on your computer if you haven't already, windows media player or pretty much any other program should try to search for all the album info online with CDDB.

foundtomorrow
Feb 10, 2007
This one might be hard because it is so old.

I used to listen to it on 8-track and I have no idea who it was or what year it's from, but I've been told that it was most likely Olivia Newton John. I basically searched every one of her songs and could not find this song though.

The song has something to do with a bridge, possibly a bridge being burned down or something, and it's definitely a woman singing.

I know that's not very much to go on but that's all I remember from this song and I remember it being an excellent song back in the day on the 8-track player.

It was pretty catchy and I assume it was pretty popular maybe in the 60's-70's.

Thanks for your help if you can help me find this awesome song that has something to do with a bridge.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

foundtomorrow posted:

I used to listen to it on 8-track and I have no idea who it was or what year it's from, but I've been told that it was most likely Olivia Newton John. I basically searched every one of her songs and could not find this song though.

The song has something to do with a bridge, possibly a bridge being burned down or something, and it's definitely a woman singing.

I know that's not very much to go on but that's all I remember from this song and I remember it being an excellent song back in the day on the 8-track player.

Thanks for your help if you can help me find this awesome song that has something to do with a bridge.

It might be Bobbie Gentry - Ode to Billie Joe, from 1967

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

foundtomorrow posted:

Sounds like "Burning Bridges". The Mike Curb Congregation recorded it in the early 70's. Donny Osmond did a cover of it and he had a high-pitched voice which sounded feminine.

Mike Curb's Greatest Hits at Amazon w/clips

Lyrics:

Friends all tried to warn me
But I held my head up high
All the time they warned me
But I only passed them by
They all tried to tell me
But I guess I didn't care
I turned my back and
Left them standing there

All the burning bridges that have fallen after me
All the lonely feelings and the burning memories
Everyone I left behind each time I closed the door
Burning bridges lost forevermore

Joey tried to help me find a job
A while ago
When I finally got it I didn't want to go
The party Mary gave for me
When I just walked away
Now there's nothing left for me to say

Years have passed and I keep thinking
What a fool I've been
I look back into the past and
Think of way back then
I know that I lost everything I thought I that could win
I guess I should have listened to my friends

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Dec 31, 2007

global gobby goon
Jun 22, 2007

Lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven;
lower your eyelids to die with the sun.

DanteDyas posted:

This is a trance track I heard on the radio a few years ago, so the actual song may or may not be trance. All I remember is a woman singing breathlessly "kiss you so hard" and the words "after all" in the chorus. Not much to go by unfortunately.

Delerium has a song called After All, but it's not the same as this.

I'm pretty sure the actual song is Possession by Sarah McLachlan (who has by the way done a song called Silence with Delerium, you'd probably like that too). I guess you heard a remix.

foundtomorrow
Feb 10, 2007
I checked both of those songs out and no dice. Thanks for the help though guys. If anyone has any other ideas, let me know!

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

I suspect that this will be rather easy, since I think it's a classic rock songs (or at lest I heard it on a classic rock radio station), but Google isn't much help.

Like I said, it's a rock song, with a bluesy sound to it, and a male singer with a grating voice. The only line that I know (which makes Googling pretty hard) is the chorus line, which I believe goes something like, "We're gonna BAM, dam dam doodle, all night long". I'm probably embarrassingly wrong about the actual wording of this line, but I hope someone here at least recognizes it.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

From Earth posted:

I suspect that this will be rather easy, since I think it's a classic rock songs (or at lest I heard it on a classic rock radio station), but Google isn't much help.

Like I said, it's a rock song, with a bluesy sound to it, and a male singer with a grating voice. The only line that I know (which makes Googling pretty hard) is the chorus line, which I believe goes something like, "We're gonna BAM, dam dam doodle, all night long". I'm probably embarrassingly wrong about the actual wording of this line, but I hope someone here at least recognizes it.

We're gonna pitch a Wang Dang Doodle all night long?

Wang Dang Doodle was written by Willie Dixon for Howlin' Wolf. If it was Wang Dang Doodle then it was probably the Howlin' Wolf version, though it has been extensively covered:

Howlin' Wolf

Willie Dixon

Koko Taylor

PJ Harvey

Grateful Dead

Pointer Sisters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

And it's just a little bit of Cretaceous Castle Magic

From Earth posted:

Sounds like Wang Dang Doodle. The chorus goes "we're gonna pitch a wang dang doodle all night long." Here's what I think is the original by Koko Taylor, a woman with a grating voice, and it's been covered numerous times so it might be one of the covers if that's it.

EDIT: Beaten while adding details :\ And I was wrong about the original anyway.