Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spl00zer
Sep 11, 2001

•‡•
Adam's still in, Danny's OUT!

CBS confirms it - http://www.cbsradio.com/press_center/releases/pressrelease083059-12-21-2007.html

quote:

CBS RADIO RENEWS "THE ADAM CAROLLA SHOW"

Weekday Morning Program Broadcast On Several CBS RADIO Stations Earning Its Best Ratings Ever

Featured Contributor Danny Bonaduce To Host His Own Afternoon Radio Program On KLSX-FM

On the heels of its outstanding summer ratings, CBS RADIO delivered more good news for Adam Carolla. The Company announced today it has signed a multi-year contract extension with Adam that positions the funny-man solidly in the highly competitive Los Angeles market for years to come.

THE ADAM CAROLLA SHOW can be heard on its flagship station, 97.1 KLSX-FM, weekday mornings from 6:00-10:00AM, PT, and can also be found on KUFO-FM in Portland and KXTE-FM in Las Vegas. In addition, the show is simulcast on www.adamcarolla.com, as well as the websites of KLSX (www.971freefm.com), KUFO (www.kufo.com), and KXTE (www.xtremeradio.com). THE ADAM CAROLLA SHOW is also syndicated through Westwood One in several major markets, including Seattle, Sacramento and Fresno, among others.
“Two years ago morning radio went through a seismic change, one that granted Adam Carolla the opportunity to launch his own unique style of entertainment in a coveted time slot,” said Chris Oliviero, Vice President of Programming, CBS RADIO. “THE ADAM CAROLLA SHOW has far exceeded our expectations and proven to be a listener favorite. We are thrilled to continue our relationship with Adam, and anticipate even more success for the program in the years to come.”

“I'm incredibly excited to continue my relationship with the fine folks at CBS RADIO,” said Carolla. “Launching a new show is never an easy task, but I feel like the past two years have laid the cement foundation and I'm now ready to throw the house warming party. I'm looking forward to returning to work on January 2, just not at 5:30 in the morning.”

The Adam Carolla Show began broadcasting in January 2005 and has steadily gained listeners to become one of the top shows among its target demographic of Men 25-54. According to Arbitron’s summer ratings, The Adam Carolla Show had its highest morning drive numbers in Los Angeles since the shows debut, and ranked in the top five with Men 18-34 and Men 25-54 General Market. Additionally, the program has gained a loyal following among female listeners.

In a related announcement, contributing show member Danny Bonaduce will relinquish his role on THE ADAM CAROLLA SHOW and begin hosting his own program on KLSX. Positioned between the highly rated Frosty, Heidi & Frank Show (10:00AM-2:00PM) and industry icon Tom Leykis’ program (3:00-8:00PM), BROADCASTING BONADUCE: THE DANNY BONADUCE SHOW will premiere Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2008 on-air and online from 2:00-3:00PM, PT. Teresa Strasser will continue to contribute to the station’s morning drive program with Adam Carolla

“This announcement will maximize Danny’s exposure on the station and the web where he has a national following. He has brought much excitement and entertainment to THE ADAM CAROLLA SHOW and we expect him to bring the same enthusiasm to the afternoon time slot,” said Jack Silver, Vice President of Programming, KLSX.

spl00zer fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 21, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Well holy poo poo this is fantastic news. Nice that he managed to throw in a construction metaphor in there. I'll have to tune in to the show more regularly.

spl00zer
Sep 11, 2001

•‡•
Breakdown of how it all came down - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?postid=337382283#post337382283

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

TylerDurden posted:

Just to makes sure, you're not thinking of David Arquette are you?
After doing some research, you're completely right. I guess I just confused two goofy looking white guys.

badlarry
May 8, 2005
are you serious?!
Does anyone remember the episode when Adam goes on the rant about toxins? I remember that it was hilarious and thats about it. Can anyone help me locate it?

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

fontez1 posted:

Does anyone remember the episode when Adam goes on the rant about toxins? I remember that it was hilarious and thats about it. Can anyone help me locate it?

I know he goes off when Andy Dick starts talking about his raw food diet, but toxins come up in other episodes too.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
Does anybody remember the episode where a teenager called in and said he doesn't masturbate because his father never showed him how?

That has to be one of my favorite Loveline moments. Anyone know which show it was?

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome

Ez posted:

Does anybody remember the episode where a teenager called in and said he doesn't masturbate because his father never showed him how?

That has to be one of my favorite Loveline moments. Anyone know which show it was?

Yeah, that's 05-28-2002 with David Arquette, call starts around 27 minutes in. It's great because Adam and David just mock this kid to high heaven.

I'm quick on the draw on this one because I just literally (literally) listened to this one two days ago, and it's still on my iPod. They were really on a tear around this period, some great shows.

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Dec 24, 2007

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Clive Barker is surprisingly down to earth when he is a guest. You'd think that due to Adam's attitude he would be a little bit flustered, but he rolls with it wonderfully.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Judakel posted:

Clive Barker is surprisingly down to earth when he is a guest. You'd think that due to Adam's attitude he would be a little bit flustered, but he rolls with it wonderfully.

For the most part yes, but he does get a little weird when Adam tells that woman to put out once in a blue moon to please her husband even though her sex drive is dead. In general he felt a little weird and aloof for the whole show as I'm remembering it, but definitely not an rear end in a top hat.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

TylerDurden posted:

For the most part yes, but he does get a little weird when Adam tells that woman to put out once in a blue moon to please her husband even though her sex drive is dead. In general he felt a little weird and aloof for the whole show as I'm remembering it, but definitely not an rear end in a top hat.

He definitely comes alive during that segment, but he does make a very good point. What really got him going was Drew's metaphor, saying that she should treat it like a job. One of the few instances where I've heard Drew admit that he used a poor metaphor on air.

By the way, does anyone have the string of shows that DAG hosted with Drew after Adam left? The Loveline Archive removed all shows after Adam's departure.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Judakel posted:

He definitely comes alive during that segment, but he does make a very good point. What really got him going was Drew's metaphor, saying that she should treat it like a job. One of the few instances where I've heard Drew admit that he used a poor metaphor on air.

By the way, does anyone have the string of shows that DAG hosted with Drew after Adam left? The Loveline Archive removed all shows after Adam's departure.

Drew is rarely ever good when it comes to metaphors and analogies but I think it was pretty valid as far as I remember. I don't wanna get into a whole thing here but as far as I remember Adam and Drew were comparing going to work as something you didn't want to do but did anyway to her putting out once in a while and Clive got somewhat indignant because sex is supposed to be this special sacred thing that is only to be done out of love and passion and never as something to get out of the way. I think he was being a little too sensitive there.

Those shows should still be in the DC Hub if you are willing to get 'em from there. If I have time tomorrow I might download them if there aren't too many but someone is going to have to provide hosting because I don't have it.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I have all of DAG week, I'll put them up tomorrow if I remember.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

2002-07-18 - No Guest.
Good lord the whole episode is golden.

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

Grifter posted:

After doing some research, you're completely right. I guess I just confused two goofy looking white guys.

The same thing happened again on his show earlier this month (december 3rd, if you get the podcast it's the news recap segment). He was talking about having Arquettes' sister thrown into a vulcano and a few minutes later Arquette shows up.

p.s. does anyone have the 9/11 episode?

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-

elwood posted:

p.s. does anyone have the 9/11 episode?

I was about to say it doesn't exist but I re-listened to the 9/12 episode and clearly there is one. I'd be interested in it also, but I have a feeling the reason it isn't on any of the more comprehensive archives was best said by Adam on 9/12; "making fun of 14 year olds with cauliflower on their dork doesn't seem right."

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

I was about to say it doesn't exist but I re-listened to the 9/12 episode and clearly there is one. I'd be interested in it also, but I have a feeling the reason it isn't on any of the more comprehensive archives was best said by Adam on 9/12; "making fun of 14 year olds with cauliflower on their dork doesn't seem right."

I listened to the 9/12 earlier today and from what I gathered it was not a regular loveline episode, but a 9/11 one.

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah
The 9/11 episode can be found on http://www.grandfromage.net/SA/ mostly complete, but missing a bit of the start.

Lincolnstein
Sep 10, 2007

I've been listening to the stream non-stop for a while now. One of the episodes brought up this story about some kid who spent time in jail for breaking into a cemetery and stealing the head of a corpse and because of that, he had a hard time getting a girlfriend. Anyone know what episode it was where he called in? I wanna hear the whole conversation.

Google Ron Paul
Jul 12, 2003

What was your face before Max Factor was born?

Lincolnstein posted:

I've been listening to the stream non-stop for a while now. One of the episodes brought up this story about some kid who spent time in jail for breaking into a cemetery and stealing the head of a corpse and because of that, he had a hard time getting a girlfriend. Anyone know what episode it was where he called in? I wanna hear the whole conversation.

http://wiki.lovelinefan.com/index.php?n=Main.KennethTheHeadTwister

Short answer: April 23, 2003

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Uploaded DAG week. http://www.grandfromage.net/SA/ Good luck have fun.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Grand Fromage posted:

Uploaded DAG week. http://www.grandfromage.net/SA/ Good luck have fun.

Thank you.

TylerDurden posted:

Drew is rarely ever good when it comes to metaphors and analogies but I think it was pretty valid as far as I remember. I don't wanna get into a whole thing here but as far as I remember Adam and Drew were comparing going to work as something you didn't want to do but did anyway to her putting out once in a while and Clive got somewhat indignant because sex is supposed to be this special sacred thing that is only to be done out of love and passion and never as something to get out of the way. I think he was being a little too sensitive there.

Those shows should still be in the DC Hub if you are willing to get 'em from there. If I have time tomorrow I might download them if there aren't too many but someone is going to have to provide hosting because I don't have it.

I just agree with his point of view that it isn't something you can just get over. I think that is usually one of the few things that I disagree with in regard to relationship commentary from Adam and Drew. I think they are both too passionate to see it any other way. Passionate, passionate men who must get it!

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Any way I could have someone ship me a few DVDs full of episodes? I'll cover whatever & tip up. If thats illegal don't bother. I had a ton of episodes on my HDD but the drive died a month back. I would DL from the sites but I don't remember which episode I was on and I don't want to DL gigs of pointless stuff.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
Dec 23, 2003 is a great episode I listened to last night as I went to bed. It's got plenty of great Christmas stories, a terrible Germany or Florida, a girl who keeps giggling because her boyfriend was shot in his "area", an excellent Adam rant about his rear end in a top hat neighbor who gets ideas in his head and refuses to listen to anybody else, and a caller who's been on heroin since she was 9.

It really got me in the mood for Christmas. It also features Adam ranting about why it should be acceptable to give cash as a gift, instead of going around and giving out gift cards that will just expire and only work in certain places.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Dr. Dos posted:

It really got me in the mood for Christmas. It also features Adam ranting about why it should be acceptable to give cash as a gift, instead of going around and giving out gift cards that will just expire and only work in certain places.

A great sidebar to that, apparently someone in the California state legislature was listening to Adam rant about his $1000 gift card that he was left with a $2 balance on, to which he made the store personnel run around and find some shoelaces to match the exact balance he had remaining on the card because they wouldn't let him just have the $2 in cash for what he had on the card.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/12/16/BUNNTU1VN.DTL

Quix Unar
Dec 26, 2007
i KiCK PUPPiES
THANK YOU for posting the archive link. That's many many hours of entertainment.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

fontez1 posted:

Just as I read this, the rant comes on over my speakers. November 24th, 2004 is a toxins rant. Within the first 15 minutes of the show.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Reading on Wikipedia and one part of it says "From 2000 to 2003, Adam and Drew would play around with the intro bumper from the song "I Disappear" by Metallica. The bumper has a long guitar beat and then a pause before the beat goes again. Adam would alway try to fit something into that pause, like "It's Loveline with Adam and Dr. Drew" or "Loveline, fastest growing outlaw radio show in North America". Sometimes Drew would try it out too. The most famous example of this would have to be when Adam timed a fart perfectly."
Anyone know what episode that is from?

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Star posted:

Reading on Wikipedia and one part of it says "From 2000 to 2003, Adam and Drew would play around with the intro bumper from the song "I Disappear" by Metallica. The bumper has a long guitar beat and then a pause before the beat goes again. Adam would alway try to fit something into that pause, like "It's Loveline with Adam and Dr. Drew" or "Loveline, fastest growing outlaw radio show in North America". Sometimes Drew would try it out too. The most famous example of this would have to be when Adam timed a fart perfectly."
Anyone know what episode that is from?

09-04-2000
here
This is the episode where he drives Drew out of the studio with his gas and makes him finish the majority of the show sitting on a trash can with a 20 foot mic cord outside the studio.

Bolek fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 27, 2007

JeansW
Aug 4, 2004
Yes. Like the jeans...
The best part of the whole thing is how Adam just loses it and can't stop laughing for like 5 minutes after he does it.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I was going to listen to a random loveline stream tonight, but as I tuned in I caught a caller trying to convince Adam and Drew that the Iraq war was probably a bad idea while they halfheartedly tried to defend it, so I switched over to an episode that I had pre-downloaded. I'd just like to know if this is going to go on a lot during the shows around the start of the war or if it is a rare occurence (or mif they come to their senses).

I love the show, but I've already had to avoid the shows following 9/11 so I wouldn't have to listen to Adam when he gets into an ultra-patriotic mood...

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Father Fintan Stack posted:

I was going to listen to a random loveline stream tonight, but as I tuned in I caught a caller trying to convince Adam and Drew that the Iraq war was probably a bad idea while they halfheartedly tried to defend it, so I switched over to an episode that I had pre-downloaded. I'd just like to know if this is going to go on a lot during the shows around the start of the war or if it is a rare occurence (or mif they come to their senses).

I love the show, but I've already had to avoid the shows following 9/11 so I wouldn't have to listen to Adam when he gets into an ultra-patriotic mood...

That is one of the very few things that Adam seems to be completely off the mark on. Whenever someone else accuses this country of being this or that, be it a stupid "Fight The Power!" hippie or a guy with a valid criticism, he turns into a blindly patriotic jackaass with a completely myopic view regarding history. I think it comes partly from his stoner hippie mom and his lack of formal history education but that doesn't completely explain it. When he criticizes politicians or this countries laws he makes lucid, logical points and seems a world away from the simpleton logic of "If you don't like it get out!" or making an argument for how benevolent we are for not crushing Castro for the past 40-some years.

It seems like a weird dichotomous view and I hope to call some day and get a clarification of it.

As for that particular show, I understand that with hindsight it's easy to hear it and get very uncomfortable with some of the comments but you have to put it in the context of how the general feeling in the country was that of anger, wanting to stand by the president and the administration mixed with a desire for revenge.

Bolek fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Dec 29, 2007

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

TylerDurden posted:

As for that particular show, I understand that with hindsight it's easy to hear it and get very uncomfortable with some of the comments but you have to put it in the context of how the general feeling in the country was that of anger, wanting to stand by the president and the administration mixed with a desire for revenge.

I guess this is a derail, but things like this are going to be a major boone to future historians. All too often we rely on second or third hand sources telling us how it "really was" back in the day, and even less data exists about the average person. Even with readily available primary sources, some are already working hard to twist recent history like the vietnam war. Fifty years from now, I can barely imagine how 9/11 and the war on terror will be viewed, but at least people who didn't live during the events will be able to hear what Adam and Drew thought that night.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Maarak posted:

I guess this is a derail, but things like this are going to be a major boone to future historians. All too often we rely on second or third hand sources telling us how it "really was" back in the day, and even less data exists about the average person. Even with readily available primary sources, some are already working hard to twist recent history like the vietnam war. Fifty years from now, I can barely imagine how 9/11 and the war on terror will be viewed, but at least people who didn't live during the events will be able to hear what Adam and Drew thought that night.
The most interesting part of history recorded on Loveline has to be the run-up to the Iraq war, wherein a female caller whose family was from Iraq called in and gave her thoughts on it. She said that everyone hated Saddam; her own family had uncles who had been killed under his regime. She then followed it up stating that, in spite of that, it wasn't Bush's place to police the world and to tell other people how to run things.

Oh, how insane that sounded at the time.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I think Adam's political points are largely the result of no formal education. Half the time he's libertarian, half the time he's pretty authoritarian, and he contradicts himself all the time. It sounds like gut feeling instead of carefully looking at the issues. He'll go on a ten minute rant about the government being up his rear end, then half an hour later he's talking about how much he loves omniscient surveillance.

Mr. Raccoon
Jul 27, 2007
Adam's lack of formal education shows, but he's obviously an intelligent guy. One of the things that always struck me was Adam's almost predernatural knack for arithmetic. Anything involving a simple calculation, Adam gets it instantly and well before Drew.

Probably something to do with being a carpenter and measuring stuff.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Mr. Raccoon posted:

Adam's lack of formal education shows, but he's obviously an intelligent guy. One of the things that always struck me was Adam's almost predernatural knack for arithmetic. Anything involving a simple calculation, Adam gets it instantly and well before Drew.

Probably something to do with being a carpenter and measuring stuff.

I always laugh so hard when Adam is doing his radio math and asks Drew questions like "what's 2+2?" or "six multiplied by one is what again?"

HumanCropcircle
Sep 26, 2005

Does anyone have 2001-10-10 (Save Ferris) available for download? I've seen numerous references to it being one of the greatest episodes and haven't had the pleasure of hearing it.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.

Grand Fromage posted:

I think Adam's political points are largely the result of no formal education. Half the time he's libertarian, half the time he's pretty authoritarian, and he contradicts himself all the time. It sounds like gut feeling instead of carefully looking at the issues. He'll go on a ten minute rant about the government being up his rear end, then half an hour later he's talking about how much he loves omniscient surveillance.

I enjoy his rants but this does get a bit old. Only once or twice have I skipped an episode forward when he starts looping.

I think Adam 'telling it like it is' from a no formal education perspective was one of the healthy aspects of the show for the average viewers reception. There are a lot of people who don't listen to doctors very well but having the average guy say 'hey dumbass, do me a favor and get yourself some therapy' does a lot of good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

HumanCropcircle posted:

Does anyone have 2001-10-10 (Save Ferris) available for download? I've seen numerous references to it being one of the greatest episodes and haven't had the pleasure of hearing it.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I'll upload it soon for you. thanks for pointing me at it, I'll be sure to listen after TACS is over

• Locked thread