Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draesk
Sep 12, 2007

And here comes all the Christmas entries!

I bought this for myself a while ago, but my mum intercepted the delivery and gave it to me today, haha.

H&S Sequoia II

Stock Image:

This was insanely cheap, looks totally awesome and has a tone better than anything I could've ever hoped for at that kind of price.

Edit: Removed my rubbish photography.

Draesk fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Dec 27, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty_mabiba
Mar 25, 2001

cool as lava.

These should be arriving within a day or two. Can't wait.

I love Christmas.

therevfs
Jul 11, 2001
A Korg R3. Nothing too special, but I'm happy. Yae for Christmas loot.

GrumbleGrumble
Jul 11, 2004

phantom309 posted:

I remember that thread. That looks a lot cooler than those lovely backward pics had me thinking. I bet it's a kick in the rear end to play.

I am completely undeserving of this guitar, but my family has an (awesome) friend with Gibson who helped get me this:

...Which fell over literally seconds before they gave it to me, partially breaking the neck. I'm going to talk to him later, and hopefully we'll have some repair options figured out soon. We took the strings off immediately.

Anyone had any experience with this? :( My poor baby.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Holy poo poo, if i did something like that i'd find the nearest bridge and jump off. That's some lovely luck man. Can something like that be fixed easily?

Altered State
Dec 18, 2006

Christmas is so, so very wonderful.

My creamy white HSS Stratocaster, a wonderful step up from the junky Squire I've been stuck with for two years. Thing sounds really awesome for a mid-level guitar. The amp you see is a 30w VOX Valvetronix amp. Good price, and the thing is loud as hell.

As for upcoming purchases, I've set my sights on that Epiphone Korina Flying V, which looks like this:

All in all, pretty awesome Christmas. I've been playing for a little under four years now, but I'm kinda poor so buying expensive instruments isn't something that happens often. Last year I did get a nice Ovation acoustic, though.

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."
loving. Finally. The ION really does sound as incredible as people say...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

This thing is just too much fun. :3:

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

squidgee posted:

Lucky... I've wanted one of those for a while now.

Ichron
May 6, 2007

It's hip to be square.

GrumbleGrumble posted:

I am completely undeserving of this guitar, but my family has an (awesome) friend with Gibson who helped get me this:

...Which fell over literally seconds before they gave it to me, partially breaking the neck. I'm going to talk to him later, and hopefully we'll have some repair options figured out soon. We took the strings off immediately.

That would make me so sick to my stomach.

juicy_J
Jun 25, 2004
I.O.U. one gmail invite

GrumbleGrumble posted:

Don't worry, that is a very common break and it should be relatively easy to fix. Just contact a good repairman or luthier.

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

GrumbleGrumble posted:

Thats exactly the same spot mine broke on. I took it to the best luthier in the city, and he said its very common on these models due to the thinness of the neck. Take it to a good luthier and he will make it stronger than it was before.

Sucks for resale/looks though :(

Jagdhippo
Feb 5, 2006

"That's just his way of saying 'Hello!', dear."
Christmas did me no wrong
Fender DeVille 410

Damage Control Dual Tube Overdrive

Pair these with The American Deluxe Strat I bought a few months ago

And I'm in heaven.

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

squidgee posted:

what happens if one of the tubes goes out? Is it easy to replace without taking the main body apart?

kahm
May 13, 2004

what's goin' on in this fridge

ThrillKiller posted:

what happens if one of the tubes goes out? Is it easy to replace without taking the main body apart?

I'd like to know what the tubes do!

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

if i'm not mistaken, they just give the synth and drums a 'warm' sound by analogin' it up.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha

GrumbleGrumble posted:

That sucks but afterwards it will look more metal so there you go.

granpa yum
Jul 15, 2004
god i love christmas

tascam fw1884, it's a solid mixer and a fantastic control surface. this is my first mixer with motorized faders and i love them and i will never go back. my only complaint is that theres some signal noise, but from what im reading online you can replace the opamps pretty easily and get a much cleaner signal

now i just desperately need a set of monitors to replace my busted behringer truths and i'm golden. im currently using 6.99 computer speakers cos i got nothin else and it hell of sucks.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
I got my squier strat back today and decided it would be a good time to talk a holiday family picture with all the guitars.

edit: in case you couldnt tell - I like Fender guitars.

Altered State posted:

:words:

that is a hell of a nice setup you have there.

Sandbagger SA fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Dec 26, 2007

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

ThrillKiller posted:

I don't think so, which kind of sucks. But they sound really nice, and for the foreseeable future I've got a warranty on the thing (3 years).

kahm posted:

I'd like to know what the tubes do!

It's got a tube gain knob on it that lets you run the audio through the tubes to warm it up. It's a really nice touch, since the voices on it sound pretty digital. Plus it looks so pretty in the dark.

EDIT: You can run external audio sources through them too, along with all of the other effects and whatnot.

nah thanks fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 26, 2007

Altered State
Dec 18, 2006

commissargribb posted:

I got my squier strat back today and decided it would be a good time to talk a holiday family picture with all the guitars.

that is a hell of a nice setup you have there.

I really love that sunburst strat you have--and thanks. The cleans sound gorgeous on my new strat/amp.

Gargladdy
Sep 21, 2005
Outletsnake!
Picked this up for free not too long ago. I LOVE it. It's a Baldwin Encore in case anybody was wondering.

and I just got this little guy today for 5 dollars at a thrift store. It's a Magnus Electric chord organ, it sorta sounds like an accordion.

I think I'm in the market for a synth, I'm considering a microkorg or saving a little more for a roland sh-201.

Gargladdy fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Dec 27, 2007

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

Gargladdy posted:

Picked this up for free not too long ago. I LOVE it. It's a Baldwin Encore in case anybody was wondering.

and I just got this little guy today for 5 dollars at a thrift store. It's a Magnus Electric chord organ, it sorta sounds like an accordion.

I think I'm in the market for a synth, I'm considering a microkorg or saving a little more for a roland sh-201.

Man, those are pretty nice scores, especially for what you (didn't) pay for them.

As for your synth considerations, if you can get a good deal on a used microKorg, I'd recommend it. If you must go new, then it's 50-50. Play with both at a GC if you have one nearby. Or really save up your money and get both. :)

The Borg
Aug 19, 2007
Resistance Is Futile

commissargribb posted:

I just got the Epiphone Dot you have there, but in vintage sunburst. It's amazing.
Absolutely love your epiphone double neck. Gorgeous.

What brand is that bass on the far left?

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

ReverendHammer posted:

Man, those are pretty nice scores, especially for what you (didn't) pay for them.

As for your synth considerations, if you can get a good deal on a used microKorg, I'd recommend it. If you must go new, then it's 50-50. Play with both at a GC if you have one nearby. Or really save up your money and get both. :)

I would recommend going for the MS2000 over the microkorg. They use the same synth engine, but the MS2000 gives you a lot more flexibility when it comes to editing patches. More knobs is more fun in my opinion. I love my MS and I don't see myself ever getting rid of it.

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

The Borg posted:

I just got the Epiphone Dot you have there, but in vintage sunburst. It's amazing.
I used to have one in vintage burst but it got stolen when I was deployed. It was one of my favorite guitars so I bought another one to replace it.

The Borg posted:

What brand is that bass on the far left?

MIM Fender Jazz

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

Reeves Custom 50

Gargladdy
Sep 21, 2005
Outletsnake!

Eggplant posted:

I would recommend going for the MS2000 over the microkorg. They use the same synth engine, but the MS2000 gives you a lot more flexibility when it comes to editing patches. More knobs is more fun in my opinion. I love my MS and I don't see myself ever getting rid of it.

Oh wow, I've never looked at the ms2000 before but it looks pretty good. How does it compare to the roland sh-201?? Do you have any samples of it? The ms is cheaper but still looks really good, and I dont mind that it's a little older or anything.

ReverendHammer: I've played with both at guitar center actually, the microkorg is really fun and same with the roland but I figured I'd save a little more and get what seems like a lot more..

oh and if anybody wants organs check on craigslist sometime in the free section, or go on yahoo groops called freecycle, that's where I got mine. Thrift stores are also pretty decent, and oftentimes they just want to get rid of them really quickly since they take up so much room. Organs are like the forgotton awesome instrument that everybody wants to get rid of but I want to keep haha.

oh and I REALLY want a Minimoog Voyager but that's not happening anytime soon :(

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Gargladdy posted:

Oh wow, I've never looked at the ms2000 before but it looks pretty good. How does it compare to the roland sh-201?? Do you have any samples of it?
MS2000 --- SH-201
Steel --- Plastic
Vocoder + filter/whatever --- Only a filter
DWGS (digital waveforms) --- Supersaw (nice for trance)
4 voices --- 8 voices
44 keys -- 49 keys
Cool vintage looks --- Still pretty cool, just not vintage
2 timbres --- 1 timbre w/ layer or split (basically if it says "16 part multitimbral" on a synthesizer, you have 16 different synthesizers in a single box - but they have to share the effects and the voices. So, a 64-voice synth with 16 parts means 4 voices per part (or 1 part with 8 voices and some with only 2, etc.) So, the 201 can stack sounds or you can play bass left and lead right, but you can't play the same notes for bass and lead completely separately

Samples:

http://www.synthmania.com/ms2000.htm
http://www.synthmania.com/jp-8000.htm (The 201 is based on this, but the 8000 sounds a bit more hi-fi)

quote:

oh and if anybody wants organs

Kidneys, lungs, so fresh the blood's still dripp- oh wait :v: .

Today I picked up this, for the minor cost of hauling it back for 50 miles (the alternative would've been that it would've gone to the dump, what a waste) :

How the gently caress it can sound: http://perkristian.net/Eminent_310_Unique_Audio.htm

It needs some TLC, cleaning, new sliders and maybe a good look at the soldering, but it works right out of the box and looks and sounds awesome. It's the thing Jarre made Oxygene and Equinoxe with. It's basically 2 ARP Solina String Ensembles in one, and just one String Ensemble sets you back 200-300 euros here; the Eminent 310 Unique is just not so wanted because of its bulk, but it's actually better than a regular String Ensemble (and stereo, too).

quote:

oh and I REALLY want a Minimoog Voyager but that's not happening anytime soon :(
I'm lusting for a Little Phatty with the same problem. I do have a shitload of other synths, though; it's just that the LP is sold for chump change sometimes if you convert from dollar to euro.

Laserjet 4P fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 27, 2007

qball
Aug 1, 2002

You could go and have a bite, and you'd still be hearin' that one.

Gin_Rummy posted:

Reeves Custom 50

That's awsome. What's it like?

A friend of mine has two old Hiwatt DR103s and they have this great rich clean sound even at insanely loud volumes.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Yoozer posted:

I'm lusting for a Little Phatty with the same problem. I do have a shitload of other synths, though; it's just that the LP is sold for chump change sometimes if you convert from dollar to euro.

Do it! Its everything you ever wanted and more!

As far as Christmas goes, I got a bunch of money in guitar center gift cards and I have no idea what to do with them. I want a telecaster but I think I'll just wait until some crazy GC deal comes along on a good american tele.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I know I'm a little late to the "yay Christmas" train, but yay Christmas!

M-Audio Axiom 49 MIDI Controller

Jigg
Jul 6, 2004

Virtual analog goodness.

It'll be nice to have some physical knobs to tweak again.
VSTs are nice and all, but mouse clicks and drags aren't quite as inspiring.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I know I'm a little late to the "yay Christmas" train, but yay Christmas!

M-Audio Axiom 49 MIDI Controller

Hey, I got one too! Haven't had a chance to use it yet, though.

I also bought myself an Audio-Technica AT3035, Shure SM57, cables and a stand with some gift money.

No pics yet, though - I'm waiting until the big gift comes in - a drum kit. *stupid grin*

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Jigg posted:

It'll be nice to have some physical knobs to tweak again.
VSTs are nice and all, but mouse clicks and drags aren't quite as inspiring.

I've really got to agree with you on that. Going back to Reason and Live is tough after playing with my Electribe for three days now. I really want to invest in more hardware, even though it's expensive and silly to do when I have VSTs.

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

qball posted:

That's awsome. What's it like?

A friend of mine has two old Hiwatt DR103s and they have this great rich clean sound even at insanely loud volumes.

That's pretty much how the Reeves plays, the cleans are unbelievable, but I still haven't had a chance to really crank it up.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Cut Like Knives posted:

Hey, I got one too! Haven't had a chance to use it yet, though.

I also bought myself an Audio-Technica AT3035, Shure SM57, cables and a stand with some gift money.

No pics yet, though - I'm waiting until the big gift comes in - a drum kit. *stupid grin*

Nice :unsmith:

You'll probably have more fun than I will with all that.

titpussyasscum
Dec 2, 2004

every time i come here i get lost as fuck

It's a Bill Lawrence L-500 XL. It is the original product in which the Seymour Duncan's Dimebucker is a synthetic mockery. It costs about half the price and I would pretty much recommend it to anyone looking at the Dimebucker at this point. I don't really give a gently caress about Pantera or Darrel but I really loving like the way this thing squeals so I pretty much bought it.

I have it in the bridge position on my Jackson Performer. It sounds like tits and the highs are ridiculous.

Pointblank
Jan 1, 2004

It is a world transformed, where things are not what they seem.

I got this a few months back but only got around to taking decent pictures of it recently. It took 16 weeks between the deposit and delivery because the slow boat from Japan is really, you know, slow.

I switched in a 85 in the bridge, and it has a 60 in the neck; sound great, plays great and I love how it looks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Hello new tonal direction!

Now I can send the G9.2tt to the shop (two switches going out, a problem they've fixed past serial number 8000, and which is covered by an extended 3-year warranty since they've acknowledged the problem with earlier units) and still be able to record.

Also, anyone want to buy an M-Audio Audio Buddy? Not that you should, it's a completely worthless piece of poo poo, but if someone needs a paperweight or something to shoot at let me know.

If anyone is looking for pedals, I might be selling my whole pedalboard to go Damage Control pretty soon. I've checked out the specs for the Glass Nexus and it's amazing. The DSP chip in it is really technologically advanced, and the way it is implemented is cool as hell. I think it could replace my delay, reverb, and modulations.

I might be selling a Wasabi Overdrive, Guv'Nor 2+, Zoom Tri-Metal (though I've promised a HC forum member first whack at it), and a EHX Metal Muff in distortions... and a Dan-Echo and G9.2tt in effects. But I might not, who knows. It's hard for me to get rid of pedals I love (though I don't seem to have any problem getting past pedals I hate), and every one of those was found after a lot of searching for the sound it gives.

Edit: Fixed. Nothing to see here, folks...

Agreed fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jan 1, 2008