Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them
There's a documentary out there about the rise and fall of Air America radio.

I can't find it because I can't remember it.

help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyver
Jun 24, 2005

My entire life has been full of wrong choices.
I think this came from a late 80's action movie of some sort. In the scene a female police officer gets shot with a fancy pants super bullet, through movie misinformation I believe the bullet casing was still attached on the x-ray. The bullet has some chip on it that if they attempt to remove it it will explode, so they bring in this huge robot arm to remove it, but another cop steps in saying the robot is too slow an would kill her. He ends up whipping out a pair of tweezers and yanking the bullet out of her arm and chucking it across the room just before it explodes.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

NosmoKing posted:

There's a documentary out there about the rise and fall of Air America radio.

I can't find it because I can't remember it.

help.

Left of the Dial?

Internet Gentleman
Mar 17, 2006

I'm so happy to be here.

Gyver posted:

I think this came from a late 80's action movie of some sort. In the scene a female police officer gets shot with a fancy pants super bullet, through movie misinformation I believe the bullet casing was still attached on the x-ray. The bullet has some chip on it that if they attempt to remove it it will explode, so they bring in this huge robot arm to remove it, but another cop steps in saying the robot is too slow an would kill her. He ends up whipping out a pair of tweezers and yanking the bullet out of her arm and chucking it across the room just before it explodes.

Runaway
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088024/

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
I have been trying to find this movies for years.

Genre: Thriller
Timerange: Watched it about 10-13 years ago on VHS. It was probably made sometime in the late 80's or early 90's.

It's possible that this was a made for TV movie. I don't recall any of the actors in it, and it was on a blank VHS tape.

The basic premise is that this hunter goes out on a hunting trip with his teenage son. There's a tragic accident and his son ends up getting killed. Said hunter decides to take revenge on anyone that goes hunting in that area. Years later a group of hunters go out to this piece of land and the Hunter starts killing them one by one. He kidnaps one of their guys and towards the end the kidnapped guy is rescued by the main character and the Hunter is thought to be dead.

At the end of the movie the main character is at home and hears something outside. He goes out to investigate and discover a badge on his mailbox that belonged to one of his buddies that was killed by the Hunter. It ends after this.

If this rings a bell to anyone I have further information that I can provide. It wasn't a great movie but it wasn't horrible either, and I would love to know the title just so I could put my mind at rest!

TouchyMcFeely
Aug 21, 2006

High five! Hell yeah!

Alrighty, got one that my buddy and I are racking our brains over that we can't seem to figure out.

This was definitely VHS and was on VHS in the mid-90's.

There were two main characters that I remember, a boyfriend and girlfriend who were traveling/running for some reason. Every time they purchased something the total came out to be some version of 666 (like $6.66 or $66.60, etc). The only scene I really remember is the end where the boyfriend (and maybe the girlfriend?) is caught by skinheads and rear end-raped while the national anthem is blaring. Also, the skinheads wore nothing but socks to cover their knobs.

I also remember the colors in the film were off or at least the sky was an unnatural blood-red color in one scene. It reminds me somewhat of Natural Born Killers, but that wasn't the movie I'm trying to think of.

Hope someone can help!

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

TouchyMcFeely posted:

Alrighty, got one that my buddy and I are racking our brains over that we can't seem to figure out.

This was definitely VHS and was on VHS in the mid-90's.

There were two main characters that I remember, a boyfriend and girlfriend who were traveling/running for some reason. Every time they purchased something the total came out to be some version of 666 (like $6.66 or $66.60, etc). The only scene I really remember is the end where the boyfriend (and maybe the girlfriend?) is caught by skinheads and rear end-raped while the national anthem is blaring. Also, the skinheads wore nothing but socks to cover their knobs.

I also remember the colors in the film were off or at least the sky was an unnatural blood-red color in one scene. It reminds me somewhat of Natural Born Killers, but that wasn't the movie I'm trying to think of.

Hope someone can help!

I hope and pray the government doesn't monitor too many searches, because god only knows what sort of marks go on my file for searching for "movie skinheads rape socks 666". That being said, it leads me to think that you're remembering The Doom Generation, maybe?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112887/

Shiv Shiverli
Dec 27, 2006

Not everyone can be a banana, pal.
As far as I can remember, it was a fairly recent movie. The lead character was a blond who was married to a psychologist (I believe he was head of a mental institution) and she ended up having a passionate affair with one of the patients. I think it was a period piece, 40s-50s-ish.

TouchyMcFeely
Aug 21, 2006

High five! Hell yeah!

ClydeUmney posted:

I hope and pray the government doesn't monitor too many searches, because god only knows what sort of marks go on my file for searching for "movie skinheads rape socks 666". That being said, it leads me to think that you're remembering The Doom Generation, maybe?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112887/

Haha! That's it!

I know exactly what you mean. I felt pretty creepy typing various forms of "gay nazi rape national anthem" into google and imdb.

Thanks a ton.

That movie sucks by the way. Don't watch it.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

Shiv Shiverli posted:

As far as I can remember, it was a fairly recent movie. The lead character was a blond who was married to a psychologist (I believe he was head of a mental institution) and she ended up having a passionate affair with one of the patients. I think it was a period piece, 40s-50s-ish.

Pretty sure this is Asylum, which played here this weekend for some reason I don't really understand.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0348505/

Random trivia: supposedly, at one point, Stephen King was set to adapt this to the screen. No idea why; having read the book, it's nothing like anything he would write.

Tookus
Dec 16, 2007

by Fistgrrl
I saw this movie on DVD about 2 years ago, but I think it was made in the 70's or 80's. It opens with a bunch of wild horses running alongside a cliff, and a few fall off. They are being herded. It then cuts to a girl telling her dad telling him that she is pregnant, and then he beats her. Then she gets sent to some hippy school place, and one guy has to do a Native American ritual involving getting bitten by a snake.

I thought it was called "Billy Jean", but I searched for it and that was just some dumb Michael Jackson movie. Help goons!

e: Nevermind, I'm retarded. I google searched "hippy school pregnant girl wild horses movie" and found it. It's called Billy Jack.

Tookus fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Dec 29, 2007

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them

FitFortDanga posted:

Left of the Dial?

If it's the one where they are all sitting around and find that their checks bounce because there's no money to pay them in the bank, then that's it.

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

Ok, this one has been killing me for a while now...I saw the trailer for it before Children of Men, but I have since forgotten the name. The movie was about a man and woman who had just gotten married or moved in together, and they seemed to be having problems. I don't think there was any dialogue in the trailer (I think) but there was some great indie music playing. I remember it had very kubrick-esque title cards; bright, single color ones. I seem to remember a scene where they are in a cafe and it's raining outside, but I could be making that up. I know this isn't a lot to go on, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

TheVaultDweller posted:

Ok, this one has been killing me for a while now...I saw the trailer for it before Children of Men, but I have since forgotten the name. The movie was about a man and woman who had just gotten married or moved in together, and they seemed to be having problems. I don't think there was any dialogue in the trailer (I think) but there was some great indie music playing. I remember it had very kubrick-esque title cards; bright, single color ones. I seem to remember a scene where they are in a cafe and it's raining outside, but I could be making that up. I know this isn't a lot to go on, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Could this be Little Children?

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

The Red Queen posted:

Could this be Little Children?

Thanks for trying, but no. No children of any size involved.

Doc Burn
May 9, 2005
This is for my step-dad:

When he was a kid he saw a movie wherein a green meteor falls to Earth. I'm pretty sure it's not CREEPSHOW (neither of these were, of course, made when he was a child, but I'm digging out CREEPSHOW to show him, just in case). Here's why I put in that CREEPSHOW caveat: The meteor causes his crops to grow rapidly and larger than normal, and ultimately turns him into a monster.

If anyone can help I'd be most obliged.

Edit: I think he might be talking about DIE, MONSTER, DIE! I'm not sure how I missed this with my Google searches.

Doc Burn fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Dec 31, 2007

Skywarps Hat
Sep 6, 2007
Skywarp has a nice hat.

Does it make the GRASS grow? And make him a monster covered in moss? Because that sounds like it IS Creepshow. The story starring Stephen King, more specificially.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Unless Stephen King ripped off a Twilight Zone episode, that's definitely "The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill" from the first Creepshow.
The story's wiki page doesn't say its adapted or inspired by anything.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
It could be The Curse (AKA The farm) starring SA favorite Wil Wheaton.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092809/

In this second adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft's story "The Colour out of Space," a huge, glowing meteorite falls on a farm in Tellico Plains, Tennesse. After the meteorite melts into the soil, strange mutations occur on the farm. The fruit and livestock become filled with maggots, cabbage and chickens become filled with green slime, and certain members of the farm family become swollen, slime-drooling mutants. Now two of the farmer's children who wisely avoided the meteorite's contamination seek outside help.

Beukeboom
Oct 26, 2004

Each man is a god. Each man is free.
A friend of mine was telling me today about an old musical she couldn't remember the name of. Apparently a guy decides to live in a department store and write poetry, and there are all these other people doing the same thing. But they only came out when everyone was gone or something. And she said they die at the end but they found love..or something. Sorry if the details suck but it sounds like something you'd remember.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Thanks to whoever answered my 'This is not a pay phone!" request. Oddly enough, I read what you had told me, promptly forgot about it, since I wasn't sure if it was right, and then I ended up watching Funny Farm a few days later, and it all came back to me. Yes, that was the movie.

Ok, another one. I think this is a show rather than a movie, but here goes;

Two scenes:

Scene 1: It's some sort of safari, and a bunch of people (I think) have already been captured in this room with a cage. One guy has to get to them, but in the room, there's this eye on the wall that, if he looks at it, will freeze him with terror/awe/something, and it forces them to walk backwards or something (I know it freezes them, but not in the respect that they can't move at all, it just pretty much makes them forget what they were doing and back away while not being able to look away from the eye). The reason I think this might be a show is because I remember seeing this whole part in full only once, but I recall seeing the 'OH NO, I'M LOOKING AT THE EYE AND I'M BACKING UP NOW!' shot many many times, almost in a montage (perhaps the opening of the show?)

Scene 2: A guy is downtown, and he has a picture, or a piece of paper. It's important, and it ends up being blown out of his hands and floats down a set of subway stairs. He goes down the stairs to get it, and when he turns around, the stairs are gone completely. I think at this point, he realizes he's been transported into a magical world, and has to go through a bunch of trials (the eye thing above might be part of that, I don't know) to get back into the real world. The only thing I remember about these trials (if there even were any) was that, in one bluish-purple misty room, there was a row of either knives or spoons, as tall as a grown person, all lined up, along a walkway.

I have had these memories from this show for as long as I can remember. It's starting to drive me nuts, as I keep wanting to know what they're from. I figure at least SOME goons amid the thousands that visit this site must have seen something like this when they were younger? They were children shows, that I know. For some reason, I want to think it's Captain Kangaroo, the colour version that played in the 80's. Didn't they have a 'story time' each episode?

I want to figure this out so badly that I will gladly buy platinum or archives or a snazzy custom title for whoever can solve even ONE of these mysteries for me.

girlvirus
Jul 3, 2007

Spider Crusoe posted:

This was a drama, probably from the early '90s. It was about some kids, possibly teenagers, and I think there was a girl. At least one or all of them were homeless, runaways, or having trouble in school. I remember them meeting up under a bridge, and it might have been a regular hang out spot. There might have been a sea nearby. This last part I might be mixing up with another movie, but one of the kids had a confrontation or fight with an adult inside a building, I think involving catwalks.

Sounds like "Where The Day Takes You." Very excellent and underrated movie thats been forgotten over the years.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I don't remember much about this movie, but then again, there really wasn't much too it. This was a few years ago and it was on one of the "Showtime" channels. It was a documentary (I think) and most (or all) of the film was montages of machines, factories and other man-made things against a natural landscape. The montage was set to classical music. Ring any bells with anyone.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

DethklokworkOrange posted:

I don't remember much about this movie, but then again, there really wasn't much too it. This was a few years ago and it was on one of the "Showtime" channels. It was a documentary (I think) and most (or all) of the film was montages of machines, factories and other man-made things against a natural landscape. The montage was set to classical music. Ring any bells with anyone.

Haven't actually sat down and watched any of these but I bet it's one of them:
Koyaanisqatsi (1982)
Powaqqatsi (1988)
Naqoyqatsi (2002)
Manufactured Landscapes (2006)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 30 minutes!

Pweller posted:

Haven't actually sat down and watched any of these but I bet it's one of them:
Koyaanisqatsi (1982)
Powaqqatsi (1988)
Naqoyqatsi (2002)
Manufactured Landscapes (2006)

Sounds about right but Philip Glass is not classical, he's minimalist (a mistake on the other poster's part not yours)

My question. I hope I haven't asked already but is there a movie where someone (I want to say a woman) who was originally conspiring with others to swindle money shoots another conspirator and says, "It's easier to divide by one"

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
I saw a trailer in the mid-nineties for a movie I never went to see, but I'd like to find it if I can. It was a comedy that had something to do with the American Civil War, and the only clip from the trailer I can remember is a soldier who looked like Custer sitting on a horse declaring: "Alright, now let's kill some people!" It's stuck in my mind all this time but I have no idea what movie it's from.

neutral
Oct 14, 2004

you're my wife now

Alan Smithee posted:

Sounds about right but Philip Glass is not classical, he's minimalist (a mistake on the other poster's part not yours)

My question. I hope I haven't asked already but is there a movie where someone (I want to say a woman) who was originally conspiring with others to swindle money shoots another conspirator and says, "It's easier to divide by one"

Either Wild Things or Employee of The Month? For some reason it feels like I heard it in one of those two Matt Dillon jerkaround films...

Also, Glass is not classical like The Doors aren't blues.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Thanks Pweller.

I have another one. I only saw the first 5-10 minutes of this film. It starts off with this guy going into a bank (I think) and just killing a bunch of people (i can't remember whether he takes any money). Then he leads police on this awesome chase scene. I think he crashes the car (or something) and ends up in the hospital. There we find out he's actually being controlled by an alien or brain slug or something. Anyone know it?

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

Thanks Pweller.

I have another one. I only saw the first 5-10 minutes of this film. It starts off with this guy going into a bank (I think) and just killing a bunch of people (i can't remember whether he takes any money). Then he leads police on this awesome chase scene. I think he crashes the car (or something) and ends up in the hospital. There we find out he's actually being controlled by an alien or brain slug or something. Anyone know it?

Sounds like The Hidden

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Sizzlechest posted:

Sounds like The Hidden

Yep, that's the one! Back in high school, my psychology teacher showed the opening from this film as part of a lesson. I remember thinking I need to see the rest of the movie. That was like two years ago, I don't know why I suddenly thought about it. Thanks a lot.

Buggernaut
Feb 11, 2007
I could be out exploring South America but I'm playing on the internet
Caught the end of this movie on TV about 4 years ago but I think it was made in the early to mid 90s. There's a teenage son who's estranged from his father and lives with his mother who he doesn't get on with. There's a scene with him attempting to kill himself by strapping a belt round his neck and hanging himself from his bedroom door only for his mother to come past, see the belt over the top of the door and open it so he falls to the ground, the movie ended pretty soon after that I think.

For years I've assumed that it was Requiem for a Dream, mainly because the son looked a bit like Jared Leto, but having finally seen Requiem for a Dream I realise it's something completely different. Hope someone's got some idea the few minutes I saw looked quite good.

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

Welcome to the Free City of Newark

Buggernaut posted:

Caught the end of this movie on TV about 4 years ago but I think it was made in the early to mid 90s. There's a teenage son who's estranged from his father and lives with his mother who he doesn't get on with. There's a scene with him attempting to kill himself by strapping a belt round his neck and hanging himself from his bedroom door only for his mother to come past, see the belt over the top of the door and open it so he falls to the ground, the movie ended pretty soon after that I think.

For years I've assumed that it was Requiem for a Dream, mainly because the son looked a bit like Jared Leto, but having finally seen Requiem for a Dream I realise it's something completely different. Hope someone's got some idea the few minutes I saw looked quite good.

I have a feeling you're talking about "Better off Dead," an absolute classic and must see. In fact, check out this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTvaSb_qfL8

EDIT: Actually, after re-reading your post more carefully, you're probably looking for a much more serious movie. I obviously knew "Better off Dead" was far more lighthearted than "Requiem for a Dream" but I really do think they share a certain surreal quality that isn't all that common. I'll try and dig around a bit more to see if I can find anything else.

EDIT2: Ok, this doesn't fit well with your description either, but maybe "Life as a House?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpAz0e-V468&feature=related

IGotDConch fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jan 10, 2008

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

IGotDConch posted:

I have a feeling you're talking about "Better off Dead," an absolute classic and must see. In fact, check out this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTvaSb_qfL8

EDIT: Actually, after re-reading your post more carefully, you're probably looking for a much more serious movie. I obviously knew "Better off Dead" was far more lighthearted than "Requiem for a Dream" but I really do think they share a certain surreal quality that isn't all that common. I'll try and dig around a bit more to see if I can find anything else.

EDIT2: Ok, this doesn't fit well with your description either, but maybe "Life as a House?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpAz0e-V468&feature=related

It isn't "Life as a House".

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Speaking of Independent Movies...I saw this one maybe 3-5 years ago and it was made around the same time. It's about these guys who slowly build a time machine and keep it in a U-Store-It. The audience doesn't figure out it's a time machine until later in the movie (I think). It was a very technical movie.

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

Speaking of Independent Movies...I saw this one maybe 3-5 years ago and it was made around the same time. It's about these guys who slowly build a time machine and keep it in a U-Store-It. The audience doesn't figure out it's a time machine until later in the movie (I think). It was a very technical movie.

Primer (2004)

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

TheVaultDweller posted:

Primer (2004)

That's the one, thanks.

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:
Okay, I know I saw this movie late at night when I was drunk as poo poo. I only remember bits and pieces of it.

Relevant Information I have/What I remember

It was about this girl who is admitted to an exclusive college/highschool. The school has really exclusive parties and everything. She has a boyfriend who dies for some reason or another. However, then, people around the Campus start dying, and the girl keeps seeing her boyfriend, and thinks he's killing them or something.

I know it is not the movie Final Examination

Gyver
Jun 24, 2005

My entire life has been full of wrong choices.
That's Urban Legends: Final Cut.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Gyver posted:

That's Urban Legends: Final Cut.

Urban Legend Final Cut has nothing to do with parties, it sounds like Abandoned, starring Katie Holmes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:
Yup, its Abandon, thats the one I was looking for. Thanks