Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Trying to remember a song I used to hear every once in a while on the radio at night where the artist sings about going to the grocery store to get some bread and alcohol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NOISEassault
Sep 2, 2002

Technical Difficulties Superstation!
I'm trying to help a friend of mine figure out a song that's been bugging him for years.

Says it sounds like pop reggae, and the chorus is something like:

"oh whatcha do girlie, girlie
you're just a fashion twirly whirly"

thanks in advance

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Jive One posted:

This might be Jungle Boogie by Kool & The Gang.
It is definitely not this. It's the song at the end of this video clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56Ujf6d3hLw

PUSSY BARON
Dec 25, 2005

by mons all madden
This was a country/bluegrass song sung by a woman. The lyrics were about how she was having an affair so she poisoned her husband and the chorus was like "i'll write I love you on your grave" but Google is giving me poo poo.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

PUSSY BARON posted:

This was a country/bluegrass song sung by a woman. The lyrics were about how she was having an affair so she poisoned her husband and the chorus was like "i'll write I love you on your grave" but Google is giving me poo poo.

Marci Salyer - I've Earned the Right to Write I Love You on Your Grave?

http://cdbaby.com/cd/marcisalyer2

PUSSY BARON
Dec 25, 2005

by mons all madden

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

Marci Salyer - I've Earned the Right to Write I Love You on Your Grave?

http://cdbaby.com/cd/marcisalyer2

yeah, that is it, thank you.

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
Ugh, this one has been bugging me for a long time, off and on. For whatever reason, I associate it with Was (Not Was), though it's not a song of theirs at all; the association is purely temporal. I think I heard "Walk the Dinosaur" in heavy rotation around the same time this song came out. The problem is that I can hardly remember the lyrics, and what I do remember is disjointed patchwork from the chorus:

"boat is on the shore/lights are on in the house/but no one is home".

It's a faster number, not slow at all. I think the chorus adds verses as the song progresses, but I'm not positive. Memory is so fragile.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
This has been buggin me and a friend of mine for a month or two. Anybody remember when Fuse (the music channel) first came out? There was a video of a song that they played pretty regularly. It was a sing/scream song featuring a guy in a dark bar. All I remember was that I liked that song and the rest of their album sucked.

If anyone know what I am talking about it would be awesome.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bigperm posted:

This has been buggin me and a friend of mine for a month or two. Anybody remember when Fuse (the music channel) first came out? There was a video of a song that they played pretty regularly. It was a sing/scream song featuring a guy in a dark bar. All I remember was that I liked that song and the rest of their album sucked.

If anyone know what I am talking about it would be awesome.

Is it Sic Transit Gloria (Glory Fades) by Brand New? Hell that Youtube video is even from FUSE.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

Inspector_71 posted:

Is it Sic Transit Gloria (Glory Fades) by Brand New? Hell that Youtube video is even from FUSE.

Yes! Thank you.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

bigperm posted:

Yes! Thank you.

You should go back and listen to Guernica on that album, it's a fantastic song, and their new album is really really good.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
Listening to Sic Transit reminded me of how much I like boy sets fire, and Guernica gave me some hope for good brand new songs. I will check that new album out.

Thanks.

Roope
Dec 9, 2006
What is the theme tune of the BBC Comedy "The Smoking Room." The bass line played in the end has been playing inside my head for two days now, and I can't find information about the performer or the song anywhere.

edit. I found some mentions of 'Close To Me' by The Cure, but I'm pretty sure that it's not it.

Roope fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jan 14, 2008

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild

mnd posted:

Ugh, this one has been bugging me for a long time, off and on. For whatever reason, I associate it with Was (Not Was), though it's not a song of theirs at all; the association is purely temporal. I think I heard "Walk the Dinosaur" in heavy rotation around the same time this song came out. The problem is that I can hardly remember the lyrics, and what I do remember is disjointed patchwork from the chorus:

"boat is on the shore/lights are on in the house/but no one is home".

It's a faster number, not slow at all. I think the chorus adds verses as the song progresses, but I'm not positive. Memory is so fragile.

"Hourglass" by Squeeze

edit: glad I could help. The guy who had the locker next to mine back in '87 was a superfan of this song and Squeeze in general, and that's how I knew it.

Bolkovr fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jan 15, 2008

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo

Bolkovr posted:

"Hourglass" by Squeeze

Exactly right! As soon as I read "Squeeze", I remembered it immediately. My memory of the chorus wasn't so good though. Thanks a ton!

PUSSY BARON
Dec 25, 2005

by mons all madden
This song had sparse instrumentation, just a piano and a girl's voice. I couldn't make out hardly any of the lyrics, since they were so drenched in reverb, but I caught what sounded like "I need someone to talk to" or "I need to talk to you" The singer held on to syllables for a while and it was in general really haunting. This radio station needs to post their playlists online :saddowns:

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I once saw a youtube video posted in this forum. It was a rap song called something like "Everything Big", and the video consisted of the rapper and his friends using comically oversized everyday objects (eg. a massive TV remote, a huge car etc.)

I can't for the life of me remember what the song was or who performed it. Can anyone help?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I think the song that I was trying to remember is called "Too High for the Supermarket". Dunno who wrote it through.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

There's some real lovely modern country song that came out a few(?) years ago that was all about "the good ol' days". It had lyrics like "Sittin' on the front porch, drinkin' lemonade" or some corny poo poo like that.

I was telling my wife about it but she's never heard it. Does anyone know what song this is?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Chinaski posted:

There's some real lovely modern country song that came out a few(?) years ago that was all about "the good ol' days". It had lyrics like "Sittin' on the front porch, drinkin' lemonade" or some corny poo poo like that.

I was telling my wife about it but she's never heard it. Does anyone know what song this is?
Maybe "Back When" by Tim McGraw?

Seksiness
Aug 24, 2006
I screwed your grandma and all I got was this lousy custom title... and herpes

Roope posted:

What is the theme tune of the BBC Comedy "The Smoking Room." The bass line played in the end has been playing inside my head for two days now, and I can't find information about the performer or the song anywhere.

edit. I found some mentions of 'Close To Me' by The Cure, but I'm pretty sure that it's not it.

It most certainly is!

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

Chinaski posted:

Thats a lot of country songs.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Crows Turn Off posted:

Maybe "Back When" by Tim McGraw?

I don't know - maybe so. I thought it had a lot more corny small-town nostalgia to it though. But like someone else said another post up or so, there are a lot of country songs that deal with this stuff.

From what I remember it was like the singer was listing every stereotypical rural activity:

• catchin' fireflies in a jar
  • watchin' parades on Main street
  • drinkin' home made lemonade
  • skippin' rocks and swimmin' at the ol' swimmin' hole
  • sittin' on the front porch
  • drivin' a 57 Chevy down a country road
  • flirtin' with Sally at the General Store.

I make fun of the song a lot and my wife has never heard it so I wanted her to remember them good ol' times too.

me your dad fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 16, 2008

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
Check out these and see if they are the ones you are talking about.

My Town - Montgomery Gentry
Where I Come From - Kenny Chesney
Lonestar - Front Porch Lookin in

Ton's more, I'll think of later.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

poo poo, I have no idea now - those are all awesome and hilarious in their own way though. Thanks for the effort but now that I see the similarity in these I don't know if I can pick the right one out.

ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

I gotta take a leak. When I get back, we're doing body shots.
I know the song, its Stairway to heaven. but its by a latino duo. i don't know much about that kind of music but the people who played it said it was Flaminco-esque guitars and the i know there latino cause there name is someone y someone.
any help will be much appreciated.

VVV Thank you

ass is hometown fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 17, 2008

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

And it's just a little bit of Cretaceous Castle Magic
Rodrigo y Gabriela probably.

Mohammeds Radio
Dec 8, 2007
Get up and dance! Get up and dance or I'll kill ya! And I got the means too!
There was this one tune I heard a while back that was pretty drat catchy, it had lyrics along the lines of "Diamonds/I could Hock Those Diamonds/You kept them under your headpeice(?}" and was about some dude telling a girl he doesn't love her anymore. The chorus was something like "I don't love you, I dont lu-lu-lu-love you"

Mohammeds Radio fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 16, 2008

HP Hovercraft
Jan 1, 2006

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
It's a rap song.

It starts off with some guy going "My life be like ooooooo ahhhhhhh oooooooo ahhhhhhhh ooo ahh." That repeats a few times before he starts rapping.

Thats all I can really say.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

HP Hovercraft posted:

It's a rap song.

It starts off with some guy going "My life be like ooooooo ahhhhhhh oooooooo ahhhhhhhh ooo ahh." That repeats a few times before he starts rapping.

Thats all I can really say.

Maybe The Grits - Ooh Ahh?

SigmusAmadeus
Apr 12, 2007
Lawlerbot
This has been bugging the hell out of me for a while.

Around 40 seconds into the trailer for "Metade Fumaca" a song starts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZZHI8fGtNg

Been trying to identify for ever now to no avail, anyone know its name?

Doc EMP
Jun 10, 2004
Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

NOISEassault posted:

I'm trying to help a friend of mine figure out a song that's been bugging him for years.

Says it sounds like pop reggae, and the chorus is something like:

"oh whatcha do girlie, girlie
you're just a fashion twirly whirly"

thanks in advance

Sophia George - Girlie Girlie

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

HVD posted:

I once saw a youtube video posted in this forum. It was a rap song called something like "Everything Big", and the video consisted of the rapper and his friends using comically oversized everyday objects (eg. a massive TV remote, a huge car etc.)

I can't for the life of me remember what the song was or who performed it. Can anyone help?

sounds like Mannie Fresh - Real Big

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0bpgvFTF37c

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Rirse posted:

I think the song that I was trying to remember is called "Too High for the Supermarket". Dunno who wrote it through.

The Uninvited

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vxuBThOcmZU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

What song is this beat originally from? I want to say Jay-Z but I went through all the albums I have and didn't find anything. Google search also came up with nothing.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/665205744e848c/

NOISEassault
Sep 2, 2002

Technical Difficulties Superstation!

Doc EMP posted:

Sophia George - Girlie Girlie

That's the one.
Thank you.

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference

The Duke posted:

What song is this beat originally from? I want to say Jay-Z but I went through all the albums I have and didn't find anything. Google search also came up with nothing.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/665205744e848c/
That's from the Black album for sure, one of the first songs I think. Moment of Clarity?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

bigperm posted:

That's from the Black album for sure, one of the first songs I think. Moment of Clarity?

It's not on The Black Album

bigperm
Jul 10, 2001
some obscure reference
Really? It sounds exactly like track 2 of the black album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

this was recorded off of the radio nearly 6 years ago
it was in the middle of a mix, by an unknown dj, broadcast in the san francisco bay area (wild 94.9, house nation)

logic says that the main sample was taken from some kind of educational/documentary/public service recording, the voice is talking about drugs and what they are known as on the street ... i faintly remember more drugs, but this is all i have of the recording

lyrics:
male voice:
"dance all night"
"psychedelic video, flashing lights"

female voice:
"the music would start and it would beep"
"ecstasy"

male voice:
"euphoric high"
"dancing non stop"
"on the street its called 'e', 'x', or 'rolls'"
"glowsticks, pacifiers, and lollipops"
"ketamine known on the streets as 'special k'"
"ecstasy is being used"

i have googled for it many times, always coming up empty ... any information is greatly appreciated