Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

FlyinDoc posted:

I actually realised last night "Hang on a minute, that might be a FZ1" (I assume you call them Fazers in the US then?)

R1s have a 2 part fueltank/airbox cover type thing as far as I've seen, whereas the tank on the streetfighter looks to be a single piece.

EDIT: Yep, it's an 05 Fazer 1000, managed to locate it here:

http://www.bikepics.com/members/caje1967/05fazer1000/

Nah, all of the british mags call them that, and it didn't really look like a bike out of the american "custom" scene...not enough chrome. :v:

I actually hadn't made the association between the Fazer and the FZ1, I had just assumed that it was another brit bike that we don't get out here. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlyinDoc
Dec 20, 2007
The four Yamaha FZ models we have here, from the Yamaha Australia website:

Are those the same as Fazers?

Also:

For predictive:

Xlyfindel
Dec 16, 2003
Raw Esoteric
hahaha, I almost added on that it didn't really look like a R1 (tail end & tank esp.) but everyone said otherwise, so I assumed it was just the angle of the shot.

I've only ever heard Europeans refer to the newer fzs as fazers. When someone mentions fazer I usually assume they are talking about the older (86 or 87 I think) ones. Maybe there was a production break or something, but I always see very old ones or starting from 04 05. Also in the US we don't get the N version of those bikes (at least were I am), but otherwise they are pretty much the same. I do like the naked look though.

Edit: Whats the deal with the rear brake? Now that I saw the full size pic its obvious the weird part that was throwing me off was just a brace of some sort to hold it on the bottom instead of the top where it would normally be. Is there any reason for this? I know most race bikes do this, but this is obviously not one of them, and it just looks weird on such a sparse swingarm.

Xlyfindel fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 14, 2008

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

FlyinDoc posted:

The four Yamaha FZ models we have here, from the Yamaha Australia website:

Are those the same as Fazers?

Yeah...the "FZ" series is called "Fazer" in Yer-op, much like the 900RR/929/954's are called "Fireblades" and the YZF-600's are called "Thundercats". I've just spent too much time reading the expensive british magazines. It's reading elitism...all the american bike mags suck with the exception of peter egan in cycle world and motorcyclist.

And why don't we get cool names like that out here? :downs:

I have no idea why you'd mount a caliper on the bottom. It's done on the SV and if you ride in a bunch of road grime it fucks the caliper up right quick.

Beef Tube
Mar 28, 2004

ffffffffff
Oh what the hell, here's a shot of me on the VFR up in Deal's Gap, NC the last weekend in October. Killboy managed to snap me and my buddy (in front of me on a Ducati 996) stuck behind a tow-truck. :argh:

The VFR is a 1998 with 23,000 miles and counting. Not one lick of trouble, and I haven't seen any around as clean as mine. Maybe I don't ride it enough. :)

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Z3n posted:

and the YZF-600's are called "Thundercats".
does it actually say thundercat on it? can i buy one and pretend i'm lion-o?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

does it actually say thundercat on it? can i buy one and pretend i'm lion-o?

Perhaps.

See here:

http://members.fortunecity.com/roadrash2/yamaha-wallpaper.html

Z3n fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jan 14, 2008

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo

That link isn't working for me. :(

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

teknicolor posted:

That link isn't working for me. :(

http://members.fortunecity.com/roadrash2/yamaha-wallpaper.html

Link to the main page of that site. Do a find for thundercat and you'll see it.

Lawn
Jan 15, 2004

Positive Paul!
Me, promoting safety gear in Vietnam.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

http://www.ciaysr.com/rp/jh/index.html

This thing is pretty impressive.

[working title]
Dec 7, 2004
Aaargh!
Ridiculous David Jefferies video over the mountain TT course

bung
Dec 14, 2004

:nms: Truck runs over motorcyclist (pretty graphic) :nms:

Lawn
Jan 15, 2004

Positive Paul!

[working title posted:

]
Ridiculous David Jefferies video over the mountain TT course

Wow, never mind that I obviously don't have that kind of riding skill, I don't even know the local roads here well enough to set up turns like that. Plus they're all two way here.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

I saw that on SBN and I just couldn't believe it. I hope it wasn't painful and it was at least quick :/

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

What even happens here? I see the truck gains on the biker, but where'd the biker come from? It looks like he merges in in front of the truck, or is he just moving around in the lane and we don't get to see the whole story in the video?

From what I can tell it was a combination of an inattentive trucker and a biker with no survival instinct, because either party could've prevented that without any drastic maneuvers.

Xlyfindel
Dec 16, 2003
Raw Esoteric

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

What even happens here? I see the truck gains on the biker, but where'd the biker come from? It looks like he merges in in front of the truck, or is he just moving around in the lane and we don't get to see the whole story in the video?

From what I can tell it was a combination of an inattentive trucker and a biker with no survival instinct, because either party could've prevented that without any drastic maneuvers.

I'm not about to watch that again, but it looks like the scooter was slowing down for the turn, and the truck which I think is behind him the whole time just... well you know. He was far enough ahead of the truck that theres no way that the trucker didn't see him. It kinda makes me feel sick, not the actual death part, which was pretty bad, but just the fact this happened. If the bike and the guy had switched places I'd still be pretty upset.

Xlyfindel fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 20, 2008

intel_killer
Mar 8, 2006

Awwww Nuts!

Xlyfindel posted:

I'm not about to watch that again, but it looks like the scooter was slowing down for the turn, and the truck which I think is behind him the whole time just... well you know. He was far enough ahead of the truck that theres no way that the trucker didn't see him. It kinda makes me feel sick, not the actual death part, which was pretty bad, but just the fact this happened. If the bike and the guy had switched places I'd still be pretty upset.

Nah, I have watched it a couple of times... the scooter passed the truck on the right, and then slowed in drivers quarter view to make the left turn. The truck was going straight threw the intersection to the side road off camera, and probably never saw the guy transition from the right hand side of the truck to the left. Truck driver should have been paying better attention but I call stupid scooterist too in a move like that.

Bird-o-matic
Apr 19, 2007

its u, your the one, the rill dill
i look into ur eyes and i see

:ccb:
Had a quick scan through, didn't notice this one posted: why nublets shouldn't buy literbikes.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Eh, just the brand new tires that took him out, it could happen to the best of us. Those fuckers are slick.

[working title]
Dec 7, 2004
Aaargh!

Lawn posted:

Wow, never mind that I obviously don't have that kind of riding skill, I don't even know the local roads here well enough to set up turns like that. Plus they're all two way here.
Yeah, Jefferies was one of the best all time TT racers. The roads are two way but on mad sunday I believe you can only go round the course one way. Still, there are a lot of hazards to avoid.

[working title] fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jan 21, 2008

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

mutt2jeff posted:

Eh, just the brand new tires that took him out, it could happen to the best of us. Those fuckers are slick.

Hence, why nublets shouldnt buy literbikes. Anyone who knows what they're doing knows not to whack the throttle open on a bike with new tires, no matter what the bike is, let alone a wild-rear end literbike.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Screwing about with the SV for a bit...roads sucked, covered in dirt and red clay, but i didn't feel like pushing it any farther to get to better roads incase i got the bike impounded for incomplete registration. It's insured but not registered, gently caress the CA dmv. This road is only about a mile from my friend's place, so the tires were cold, the roads sucked, etc. But it was still pretty fun. I really need to log another 200 miles or so on the bike before i take it to the track in 2 weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxNB5MML9Dg

Frag Viper
May 20, 2001

Fuck that shit
Guess what bike I ride.

94whitesnake
Apr 24, 2005

It's got the 0.2cc big bore kit, she moves.
I'm gonna go ahead and hope you ride that crfx.

survey says???

Frag Viper
May 20, 2001

Fuck that shit

94whitesnake posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and hope you ride that crfx.

survey says???

OMG how did you guess?

That orange monster is my dads.

94whitesnake
Apr 24, 2005

It's got the 0.2cc big bore kit, she moves.
I can't make out the lettering, is it a 2004 525exc?

What size is your bike? How do you like it? how long have you been riding? Looks like desert stuff.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Check out this moto collection!

Jenna Talia
Jul 2, 2005
Don't drink juice after you brush your teeth.
Jesus loving Christ!

Frag Viper
May 20, 2001

Fuck that shit

94whitesnake posted:

I can't make out the lettering, is it a 2004 525exc?

What size is your bike? How do you like it? how long have you been riding? Looks like desert stuff.

My bike is an 05 CRF250X. Its got the pink wire mod, airbox mod and a full White Bros exhaust system along with a bunch of other crap that. Ive been riding since I was 14. Im 26 now. I do enduro type stuff and single track trails, mostly in the desert.

Dads turn

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....

White Van Raceah posted:

Hence, why nublets shouldnt buy literbikes. Anyone who knows what they're doing knows not to whack the throttle open on a bike with new tires, no matter what the bike is, let alone a wild-rear end literbike.

I would hardly call what he was doing wacking the throttle open.

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo

ranathari posted:

Dude's just having a little prance, what's the big deal? :)

vorhese
Feb 16, 2002

brains for breakfast brains for brunch

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
^^^That is the best use of a Civic I have ever seen.^^^

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What the gently caress. That must be the flimsiest car on earth.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Ural Gear-Up flying around on a dirt trail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUa4KBnOZ3I

I'd love one of these suckers.

vorhese
Feb 16, 2002

brains for breakfast brains for brunch
Side cars rule
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7v2A8pb4a8&feature=related

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Oh ok he only has 2 Yamaha R7s. Thats completely normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Today Eurosport in Fort Worth TX unveiled the first Bimota Tesi 3D in the US available for the paltry sum of $36,000. But first I'll show you some of the other cool bikes that were there.

BMW Cafe

Yamaha GTS

Aprilia Tuono R

Bimota DB6R

Now for the Tesi. This bike is incredible! All of the aluminum components are machined and all of the bodywork is carbon fiber.

Now for the front end and the center hub steering

Front shock

Here you can see the lower "triple" attached via a carbon tie rod to the steering actuator arm on the lower left side of the frame. The tie rod on the right in the second and third pictures is what handles the steering and the top one is a stabilizer.

There's even a carbon fiber cover on the side stand

bung fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 27, 2008