Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

A good few years ago I saw a movie about a boy who doesn't have a fantastic home life, but he's into either model aircraft flying or kite flying. Something along those lines.

The film was interesting because whilst it had sound and was in colour, none of the actors ever spoke, effectively making it a silent film. In terms of when this film was made, we're most likely talking the 90s. Also, I believe it was a short film, but I don't know how short.

Could anyone help me find out what this film was called?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

http://imdb.com/title/tt0844701/
A Kite Story

i think everyone had to watch this in school at one time or another. teacher's way to try to depress the gently caress out of us.

Thoreau Like A Girl fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 16, 2008

tvoblivion5
Aug 20, 2005
Aggressive Luxury
I was in Junior High in 1985, and we were shown a strange anime-style short about the dropping of atomic bombs on Japan in WWII. I distinctly remember setup after setup showing peaceful scenes of everyday life in Japan until everyone looks up to see the bomber (an evil glint of evil *shink* light highlights it just before it drops its payload). The bomb hits and it turns into an absolute bloodbath. The most startling deaths are of a mother breastfeeding her child... they melt into one gooey mess.

Please help...

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

tvoblivion5 posted:

I was in Junior High in 1985, and we were shown a strange anime-style short about the dropping of atomic bombs on Japan in WWII. I distinctly remember setup after setup showing peaceful scenes of everyday life in Japan until everyone looks up to see the bomber (an evil glint of evil *shink* light highlights it just before it drops its payload). The bomb hits and it turns into an absolute bloodbath. The most startling deaths are of a mother breastfeeding her child... they melt into one gooey mess.

Please help...

I also saw this in class around the same time. I think it's Barefoot Gen, but when I watched it a few years ago, I couldn't be 100% sure because it had been so long.

tvoblivion5
Aug 20, 2005
Aggressive Luxury

FitFortDanga posted:

I also saw this in class around the same time. I think it's Barefoot Gen, but when I watched it a few years ago, I couldn't be 100% sure because it had been so long.

That's definitely it. I just watched it on youtube, and it was like a time machine right back into Ms. Koon's Geography class Team-J circa 1985. Thanks a million!

thethuthinnang
Feb 3, 2004

cool as heck
Someone pouring liquid from an air vent on a sleeping person then pouring bugs all over them causing the bugs to eat them alive.

Please help me to see this movie again.

Ahhh, The Abominable Dr. Phibes. Thanks, Dead Lantern.

thethuthinnang fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 17, 2008

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
A while ago, I saw this short film on the internet and I've forgotten the title. It was just five or ten minutes long. The whole thing is of this dude with a bag on his head violently killing British gangsters/wiggers. Does anyone know the title?

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

DethklokworkOrange posted:

A while ago, I saw this short film on the internet and I've forgotten the title. It was just five or ten minutes long. The whole thing is of this dude with a bag on his head violently killing British gangsters/wiggers. Does anyone know the title?

I think it was called Bagman but I'm not 100% sure.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Slasherfan posted:

I think it was called Bagman but I'm not 100% sure.

Yep, that's it. Thanks a lot.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
I just had a flash of a movie that I think I saw recently. The only part I remember is that the main character is in a post office, and you think the movie is over, but then the post office falls away to reveal that it was just a trick designed to fool the character into thinking that everything's normal. I think that's it, at least. Somebody help, because this is driving me insane.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

The Human Cow posted:

I just had a flash of a movie that I think I saw recently. The only part I remember is that the main character is in a post office, and you think the movie is over, but then the post office falls away to reveal that it was just a trick designed to fool the character into thinking that everything's normal. I think that's it, at least. Somebody help, because this is driving me insane.

Perhaps 1408?

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0450385/

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Ape Agitator posted:

Perhaps 1408?

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0450385/

Yes! That was quick. Thanks!

Jonathan Strange
Jan 12, 2006
These have been bugging me:

1. Kids make a spaceship out of washing machines after being instructed to do so in a dream by aliens, then go meet the aliens and the aliens are all wacky because all they know of earth the learned from watching TV. Kind of like Flight of the Navigator, but definitely not Flight of the Navigator.

2. A film I saw at uni, I think it was French or Italian, I'm struggling to place the date but I think it must have been the 60’s or 70’s. Anyway, what I remember of it is a young woman (maybe she was a teacher) who has a heart condition. Her husband (I think) dies (drowns?) then spooky stuff happens. The conclusion, as I recall

*spoiler*

is that she finds her husband’s body dumped in the bathroom. The corpse slowly rises to its feet and she drops down dead from shock. The husband pop out his creepy white contact lenses, because he wasn’t dead, it was just an elaborate means of murdering her.

Chicolini
Sep 22, 2007

I hate cold showers. They stimulate me and then I don't know what to do.
1. Sounds an awful lot like Explorers (1985): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089114/

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Ah Explorers, the perennial "Identify this movie" movie.

Your other one is Les Diaboliques.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

thethuthinnang posted:

Someone pouring liquid from an air vent on a sleeping person then pouring bugs all over them causing the bugs to eat them alive.

Please help me to see this movie again.

This is the same movie where somebody is impaled by a statue of a golden unicorn that is catapulted across the street too, so yeah, you should see it again. Modern horror is sorely lacking the unicorn impalement element.

You can get the original and sequel on the same DVD (it's a flipper) for cheap too.

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

InfiniteZero posted:

This is the same movie where somebody is impaled by a statue of a golden unicorn that is catapulted across the street too, so yeah, you should see it again. Modern horror is sorely lacking the unicorn impalement element.

You can get the original and sequel on the same DVD (it's a flipper) for cheap too.

...you failed the mention the name of the movie ?

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Venialblur posted:

...you failed the mention the name of the movie ?

Probably because someone had already answer it. The Abominable Dr. Phibes.

Jonathan Strange
Jan 12, 2006

Chicolini posted:

1. Sounds an awful lot like Explorers (1985): http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089114/

FitFortDanga posted:

Ah Explorers, the perennial "Identify this movie" movie.

Already? drat you people are good! And off to ebay I go.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

FitFortDanga posted:

:( I finally am taping this movie this week, and the ending's ruined for me. Dammit. How bad will this ruin my enjoyment of the movie?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
This one is from the late eighties or VERY early nineties. It's one of those bad seed/good child type movies where there's an evil kid who everyone thinks is great except for one lone kid no one believes.

The only scene I remember involves the evil kid and his lab partner sitting at one of those two person counter desks in chemistry class:

They have a large burner with hot liquid in it at the center of the desk. The evil kid wraps the cord of the burner around the student's leg so that when the student gets up this magically causes the burner to fly up and spill all over him. :haw:

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

This one is from the late eighties or VERY early nineties. It's one of those bad seed/good child type movies where there's an evil kid who everyone thinks is great except for one lone kid no one believes.

The only scene I remember involves the evil kid and his lab partner sitting at one of those two person counter desks in chemistry class:

They have a large burner with hot liquid in it at the center of the desk. The evil kid wraps the cord of the burner around the student's leg so that when the student gets up this magically causes the burner to fly up and spill all over him. :haw:

The Good Son.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

These threads should have in the original post descriptions of and links to imdb summaries and trailers for the dozen or so movies that are repeatedly asked about, such as Explorers, RobotJox, Frog Prince, Nothing but Trouble etc.

thethuthinnang
Feb 3, 2004

cool as heck

Sizzlechest posted:

The Good Son.

I don't think that lab scene happened in The Good Son?

Faithless
Dec 1, 2006
I watched a film years ago as a kid. It's an old black and white kung fu action movie.

It stars a guy with no legs, and a guy with no arms. I believe they were both farmers and didnt like eachother. But something happens so they have to work together to deal with the problem.

Any idea's?

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Not even hard. Internet favorite Crippled Masters.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jvkhYcTEwRE

ThisQuietReverie
Jul 22, 2004

I am not as I was.

Ape Agitator posted:

Not even hard. Internet favorite Crippled Masters.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jvkhYcTEwRE

It's somewhat hard as I've been sitting here trying to think of any particular amputee kung fu movie I've ever seen that wasn't color.

Edit: Nope, can't think of any. Even the movie that Crippled Masters was a sequel to was in color.

ThisQuietReverie fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Feb 5, 2008

Faithless
Dec 1, 2006
Yeah it was that film. Thanks guys! my mistake for remembering it to be black and white.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Okay. I would have seen this probably around 10 years ago or so. It was on television, and it was probably something from the early to mind 90's. The movie is about a guy who has no hands. So, somebody makes him these robotic hands, and with these robot hands he is able to play keyboards like a super-genius. There is some drama with record labels trying to get him to sell our or something.

I don't know if I'd ever care to see it again... but it was 'interesting'

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

thethuthinnang posted:

I don't think that lab scene happened in The Good Son?

Yeah it's absolutely not The Good Son, the kids are much older in it (high school).

Erasmus Darwin
Mar 6, 2001

Sinner539 posted:

A friend of mine was telling me today about an old musical she couldn't remember the name of. Apparently a guy decides to live in a department store and write poetry, and there are all these other people doing the same thing.

Evening Primrose

Tanri Fen
Jan 9, 2007

by toby
I saw a trailer in college, it was for some horror film..

It starts off with these 2 kids, they are running in a field and stop at a riverbank and dig out a worm and put it in a jar..then randomly all these dead bodies in the sky just start floating down strapped to like parachute things.

It's really pretty messed up (can't wait to see it!) and apparently the dead folk are reanimated Nazi soldiers or something.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

Crazy_Dude posted:

I saw a trailer in college, it was for some horror film..

It starts off with these 2 kids, they are running in a field and stop at a riverbank and dig out a worm and put it in a jar..then randomly all these dead bodies in the sky just start floating down strapped to like parachute things.

It's really pretty messed up (can't wait to see it!) and apparently the dead folk are reanimated Nazi soldiers or something.

I'm almost sure that this is Worst Case Scenario, a film that's had a trailer floating around on the web for a while. According to the website, this is still in pre-production; the trailer, however, has been around for a while - longer, I think, than any actual work on the film. See if the CGI Promo here is what you're thinking of: http://www.gorehoundinc.com/

ClydeUmney fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 5, 2008

Tanri Fen
Jan 9, 2007

by toby
:woop: That's the one, thanks a lot :D

I just signed up to become a Zombie extra :geno:

Tanri Fen fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 5, 2008

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

Crazy_Dude posted:

:woop: That's the one, thanks a lot :D

I just signed up to become a Zombie extra :geno:

ha. i think everyone has. i signed on about 2 years ago and never heard from anyone. i think they're pulling my chain and the rest of the world. i want this movie.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

There has been this movie which has been going through my head for the past few days now and I cannot for the life of me remember what the name of it was.

I believe the basic plot was some woman either inherits or somehow becomes the owner of a detective agency. To help her, she has this voice activated VCR where she asks the question and the guy on the video gives a response. The guy in this video looked kind of French and for some reason Bond Villan comes to mind.

It turns out that the first mission she goes on is purely a test to see if she can handle running this detective agency. There is a scene where she gets capured by the bad guys and put into some sort of storage area for a while. Thankfully there is the male good guy that helps to get her out of there after a period of time.

Finally after completing this inital mission, she goes to this VCR thing once more and gives a response to it as if she had passed, and failed, as she was curious to see what the answers were for each of her questions.

I have no idea if this is enough to go on, but hopefully someone out there has some knowledge.

Burin
Dec 29, 2006
I have never beaten a dead horse
Some 80's flick I saw as a kid. Two dudes are hanging in cages and all around them are unmoving figures cloaked in robes. One guy manages to get out of his cell and starts to run away, but he stumbles and bumps into one of the figures. At this point the robe opens up and engulfs the dude. Some screams shuffling rattling and we see bones drop drop out from underneath the robe. The other dude in the cage just kinda chills there thinks for a minute then calmly walks out of his cell and steps VERY carefully around the robed dudes. That's about all I can remember other than that I think both guys were white and one guy didn't have a shirt on for most of the movie.

Burin fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Feb 9, 2008

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Burin posted:

Some 80's flick I saw as a kid. Two dudes are hanging in cages and all around them are unmoving figures cloaked in robes. One guy manages to get out of his cell and starts to run away, but he stumbles and bumps into one of the figures. At this point the robe opens up and engulfs the dude. Some screams shuffling rattling and we see bones drop drop out from underneath the robe. The other dude in the cage just kinda chills there thinks for a minute then calmly walks out of his cell and steps VERY carefully around the robed dudes. That's about all I can remember other than that I think both guys were white and one guy didn't have a shirt on for most of the movie.

Beastmaster. There are flying bat people that stand around like that, envelope people, and bones drop down.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0083630/

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
Here is something I recall watching, I think it was a movie, maybe TV movie, probably made late 70s early 80s.

It had to do with a bunch of students who kidnap their teacher who they feel is being to hard on them. They take the teacher to a secret hideout and all the class have like a courtroom trail about him. I recall they come back one day and he has hung himself, I don't remember much else. I think it was a british movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Slasherfan posted:

Here is something I recall watching, I think it was a movie, maybe TV movie, probably made late 70s early 80s.

It had to do with a bunch of students who kidnap their teacher who they feel is being to hard on them. They take the teacher to a secret hideout and all the class have like a courtroom trail about him. I recall they come back one day and he has hung himself, I don't remember much else. I think it was a british movie.

I know the exact film you are on about.

It starts with them creating their own court where they take the bad class members in there. They might charge them with stealing a chocolate bar or something. they put them in front of the court, strip them naked, take a polaroid of them to use it as blackmail if they did not abide by the court ruling.

They take the teacher into the court and charge him with the offence of "being a bad example". They do the same polaroid thing with him. They charge him and leave him there. However they leave him there for so long that, as you mentioned, he commits suicide.

There is an investigation at the school, so to get out of it, one of the kids involved in the court says that the teacher was a paedophole that used to touch him up and offers the polaroids up as proof. So the kids get away with everything.
-

Now as for the name of this film, that's a tough one. I always thought that the name of it was simply "Police", but i cannot find something that matches that name. I shall hunt a little more.

EDIT: I was close, it was The Police

Tsietisin fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 10, 2008