Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
That is freaking cool...awesome pics, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

bung posted:

There's even a carbon fiber cover on the side stand

For 36K there had better be a carbon fiber broad who comes out and sucks my carbon fiber dick.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Took the f650 up some forestry roads today, the tyres are a bit too street orientated (front is pretty worn too) so it was a bit hairy in places but fun and the forestry land is 5 minutes up the road. I might get some more offroad biased tyres for it once i get the SV back on the road.
lovely mobile phone camera pic

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

echomadman posted:

Took the f650 up some forestry roads today, the tyres are a bit too street orientated (front is pretty worn too) so it was a bit hairy in places but fun and the forestry land is 5 minutes up the road. I might get some more offroad biased tyres for it once i get the SV back on the road.
lovely mobile phone camera pic

Wow, that's gorgeous...out in ireland, by your profile? More pics would be awesome.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
ireland and scotland are some of the highest places on my list that i'd like to ride around the world

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
When I was in Ireland I stopped somewhere on a dirt road) and took a picture that looked almost exactly like that area, but I don't think it is the same place ultimately.

Ireland is gorgeous :)

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
Just joining in on the Ireland/Scontland love. We took a 4 day trip into the Scottish highlands (in a rented Toyota Yaris :geno: ) and it was some of the beautful country I'd ever been too. I can't imagine how nice it would be to ride through.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
I went to a meeting with some local ADVRider friends yesterday, and it took place about 2 hours into a massive storm that we just had up here. About 4 inches of the fresh white stuff when me and my girlfriend left my house, and 6 when we had all finished up dinner. I was the only one who rode, mostly because I am the only one who is both crazy enough and close enough to pull it off.

Outside the meeting point

Us sitting in front of the bike, you can see the snow starting to build up on the front where it wasn't under the awning.

Dressing up to leave.

On our way home, sorry about the pic quality, but I had to take what I can get. Wow do those strips on the suits light up.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

How do you do anything but drive in a straight line? Especially with a passenger? I cant imagine cornering in the snow.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Having a passenger is a big plus, a little ballast right over the rear tire makes starting from a stop on an icy patch a lot easier. Mostly I choose to take straight roads, but turning isn't really a problem, just take it slow. Riding in the snow is not as hard as most people think, throttle control is key.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
more pics in http://team-cephalopod.com/images/
was riding around this part of Clare, from my place to a mates house with a few forestry detours on the way.
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=52.814383,-8.614655&spn=0.144008,0.32135&t=h&z=12&om=0

bung
Dec 14, 2004

"2 Iraqi dudes on motorcycle Get Pwned by blocks in the street - Iraq"

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

mutt2jeff posted:

Having a passenger is a big plus, a little ballast right over the rear tire makes starting from a stop on an icy patch a lot easier. Mostly I choose to take straight roads, but turning isn't really a problem, just take it slow. Riding in the snow is not as hard as most people think, throttle control is key.

Must be the weight but my trials bike gets 0 traction in the snow. I'm 135lbs.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

What the gently caress, how did they NOT see that? :psyduck:

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Doctor Zero posted:

What the gently caress, how did they NOT see that? :psyduck:

I'm guessing the driver thought he could make it through the gap until the last second when he saw the second gap was going to be too small.

What the heck's up with the blockade in the first place though?

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Pweller posted:

What the heck's up with the blockade in the first place though?
"Iraq"

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
It slows cars down so they cant barrel into checkpoints.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Video from the recent Tough One Extreme Enduro over in the UK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZnI47WYmGo&eurl=http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305338&page=2

The first rider on the trials bike is the winner from the Speed Trials event, Brown, which meant he got to run in the main event. He had an hour to race, and if he was in the lead then, he would win 1000 British Pound. He got his money. The second rider you see cross the tires, and then go over the handlebars, is David Knight, the dominating force in Enduro.

Some more of the Speed Trial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydBKKhJqqbc

Battle between Brown and Knight, lap 2

CompulsiveGamer
Jul 27, 2006
Who wants to get sexy with the captain?

mutt2jeff posted:

It slows cars down so they cant barrel into checkpoints.

And bikes!

Wicaeed
Feb 8, 2005

FlyinDoc posted:

For predictive:

God that MV is about 1000 times sexier than any Ducati 1098 I've seen. They had one at the yearly bike expo in Santa Clara. It's about 10x sexier in person

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Wicaeed posted:

God that MV is about 1000 times sexier than any Ducati 1098 I've seen. They had one at the yearly bike expo in Santa Clara. It's about 10x sexier in person

At the Toronto bike show someone brought one of these up to "test the waters" so to speak...
http://www.mvagustausa.com/web-mvagusta/07_F4_CC.html
It is without question the finest, most beautiful, most exquisitely detailed bike I've ever seen. Not even the best custom build could come close to it. Its only flaw is that you would never want to ride it lest an errant bug mar its perfect surface.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I wish MV would make a new SS1k. I've never seen an F4CC in person, but i have seen the tamburini, and while it's gorgeous, there's only so many times you can rehash the same bike before it starts to lose it's appeal. Nothing has changed about the bike on the surface. The F4 is a pretty platform, and I have no doubts that the F4CC is the best iteration of it yet, it's still the same platform. It's like ducati continuing to use the 916 platform even today, and charging progressively more and more. Obviously, they can get away with it as a boutique bike maker, but still...i want something new and amazing. Because it would be amazing if they made a new platform.

Although this is beautiful. :swoon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Rnaa5HZ0Q

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

mutt2jeff posted:

Some more of the Speed Trial

Battle between Brown and Knight, lap 2
Those are the same video.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Wicaeed posted:

I can't be the only person on earth who thinks that exhaust is just stupid looking can I? It looks like when idiots put too many exhaust tips on their cars or something.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....

pr0zac posted:

I can't be the only person on earth who thinks that exhaust is just stupid looking can I? It looks like when idiots put too many exhaust tips on their cars or something.

Yes, you are. The pipe organ exhaust is amazing, especially when they get hot enough to start glowing.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

mutt2jeff posted:

Yes, you are. The pipe organ exhaust is amazing, especially when they get hot enough to start glowing.

They dont, there was an ad that depicted it, but it wasnt real.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

White Van Raceah posted:

They dont, there was an ad that depicted it, but it wasnt real.

gently caress, that is the biggest loving letdown EVER.

Does anyone have a copy of that ad, btw? I could never find it...GP Sports in San Diego had a wall sized poster of it that had the 4 glowing exhausts and "The Fire" in the middle with the MV logo. It was awesome.

obso
Jul 30, 2000
OBSOLUTELY

pr0zac posted:

Not at all. The rear end on that bike makes me throw up in my mouth a little. Individual pipes in their own right are badass but that just looks poorly executed. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Xlyfindel
Dec 16, 2003
Raw Esoteric

pr0zac posted:

I don't like it either. I've seen them on other bikes, some the same model I have, and I think it looks very terrible. If those were a straight through to each cylinder I'd be a bit more forgiving, I love the lopsided look some of the two stroke race bike's exhaust have, but it'd be pretty impressive if they pipe organ-ed them like that.

predictive
Jan 11, 2006

For awesome, press 1.
This month's issue of PB (tied with Bike for the best motorcycle writing out there, why can't American publishers write like this) has a shootout between the F4 312R and the Ducati 1098. The F4 posts a time 12 seconds faster than the Ducati around the Nurburgring Nordschleife, after which the test rider calls the MV 'rubbish' because it's not very nice when you're not riding at full bore. I bet the Desmosedici RR isn't very nice to commute on either, but I'd still do immoral things to own one. A pic of the Desmosedici RR made the front of USA Today's entertainment section this week; apparently Tom Cruise got the first one, which proves there is no justice in the world.

Z3n posted:

I wish MV would make a new SS1k.

I've been saving for a used F4 1000R (maybe by fall, although a brand new Ducati 848 for the same money is damned tempting). The liter F4s have only been around 4 years; I don't think that's overly long for a model considering the 20-year lifespans of some japanese models. Some lucky bastard on the forums owns one of the 750cc F4s, in the same distinctive red and grey color scheme.

edit: FlyinDoc, forgot to say thanks.

predictive fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Feb 1, 2008

greenman100
Aug 13, 2006
Does anyone have suggestions for ultra high-res pictures of sweet bikes?

Like 3xxx by 2xxx at least...?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

gently caress, that is the biggest loving letdown EVER.

Does anyone have a copy of that ad, btw? I could never find it...GP Sports in San Diego had a wall sized poster of it that had the 4 glowing exhausts and "The Fire" in the middle with the MV logo. It was awesome.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

White Van Raceah posted:

Do you know where i could find it in poster form? That's the only poster i've ever really, really wanted. I remember looking a few years back but could never find it. :(

Z3n fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 1, 2008

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

Do you know where i could find it in poster form? That's the only poster i've ever really, really wanted. I remember looking a few years back but could never find it. :(

I've never actually seen it in poster form. That image is one I scanned from the MV brochure.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23140916-2862,00.html

It looks kinda fake to me, but a couple is reporting seeing this guy going down the road at 100 km/h.

helno
Jun 19, 2003

hmm now were did I leave that plane
I finally got someone to take some pictures of the ice bike in action. Sadly it was on a warm day with a few inches of snow and the bike just dug in and was a bitch to get moving.

I took it out yesterday after all the snow melted and then refroze as sheets of ice and was able to get it fast enough to be in fourth gear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBbaDKhgank

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

^^^ you crazy

Motorcycle furries :gonk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoTwWgQhbZ0

Enilev
Jun 11, 2001

Domesticated

Doctor Zero posted:

Motorcycle furries :gonk:

You really shouldn't look at the cover of the latest Aerostitch catalog:

Terminus Est
Sep 30, 2005

Motorcycle Miliitia

RoadRunner magazine has a neat trip report with the upcoming BMW F800GS

Click for big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranathari
May 26, 2006

by elpintogrande
http://www.addictinggames.com/loadingamotorcycle.html

Well, I guess that's one way of getting your bike into a van when you don't have a plank of wood handy (despite the website name, it's a video, not some crappy flash game).