Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Spirit of 1994 posted:

I wanna say it's one of the Seth Green episodes, or maybe a QOTSA episode, but the premise was that Dr. Drew needed a catchphrase, and he decided he would randomly interject "I'm a rapist" into conversations. It only lasted for like one or two callers though, as I recall.

Are you sure you are not confusing the origin of the catchphrase for one of the DAG episodes where they come up with catchphrases for each of them? I believe DAG's was "You wanna tango?! Let's Bossa Nova!" No idea what it means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Spirit of 1994 posted:

I wanna say it's one of the Seth Green episodes, or maybe a QOTSA episode, but the premise was that Dr. Drew needed a catchphrase, and he decided he would randomly interject "I'm a rapist" into conversations. It only lasted for like one or two callers though, as I recall.
Wasn't that one of the David Alan Grier episodes? (YOU WANNA TANGO? LET'S BOSSA NOVA!) I have one where they were talking about how there should be a sitcom set in a bikini waxing center, and that lead to talking about old TV catchphrases, which ended up with DAG suggesting they come up with their own catchphrases for Loveline. I think the "I'm a rapist" bit was actually dropped in while they were sitting there trying to think of one for Drew, and he just went with it. So that STILL doesn't explain where the drop originally came from, I guess.

Anyway, it's still a great episode: http://shows.lovelinearchive.com/Loveline%20-%202005-04-17%20(Guest%20-%20David%20Alan%20Grier).mp3 (About 16 minutes in, the long-rear end call that prompts the whole bit starts around 7:30).

Judakel posted:

Are you sure you are not confusing the origin of the catchphrase for one of the DAG episodes where they come up with catchphrases for each of them? I believe DAG's was "You wanna tango?! Let's Bossa Nova!" No idea what it means.
drat you! I can't believe I just spent 10 minutes tracking the episode down and typing up that post.

RightClickSaveAs fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 24, 2008

caffeinefree
Aug 5, 2003

2010: Year of M&M
Dr. Drew was on Adam's show this morning, as was Mary Carey. Drew/Adam was good as usual, but Mary's interview was the most depressingly hilarious thing Adam has ever done - ever. Go download the podcast, you won't be let down.

Here's a tease: Mary Carey's mom is mentally unstable and her dad is retarded. They met in a mental clinic while her mom was undergoing electroshock therapy.

They both get interviewed.

Dr. Jack Griffin
Apr 6, 2006

Forgive me if this was already asked, but does anyone have the episode with Leon the Jackass? Or perhaps a date for that show? I see that the episode was mentioned but didn't come across a link.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

Bona Weiss posted:

Forgive me if this was already asked, but does anyone have the episode with Leon the Jackass? Or perhaps a date for that show? I see that the episode was mentioned but didn't come across a link.

http://lovelinecentral.com/mp3/2000/Loveline%20-%202000-05-07.mp3

I believe its there, about 30 mins in

Hategiants
May 2, 2004

caffeinefree posted:

Dr. Drew was on Adam's show this morning, as was Mary Carey. Drew/Adam was good as usual, but Mary's interview was the most depressingly hilarious thing Adam has ever done - ever. Go download the podcast, you won't be let down.

Sounds good. Where would one find this "podcast"?

Hategiants
May 2, 2004
Nevermind, found it. Boy was that nice, brought a tear to my eye.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I couldn't navigate Adam's site, so here's a direct link I found with Google

http://podcast.971freefm.com/klsx1/870591.mp3

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah
If anyone's looking for a good episode to listen to, I recommend Loveline - 2002-09-29 (Jimmy Kimmel for Adam).mp3. Jimmy is in for Adam, because Adam is on his honeymoon. It's a great episode of him and Drew discussing Adam and Jimmy making fun of callers. Jimmy would have made a great host of loveline.
Edit: Loveline archive link for those lazy people.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I found the "Where's Dr. Drew?" drop source:

http://lovelinecentral.com/mp3/2002/Loveline%20-%202002-09-15%20(Guest%20-%20David%20from%20Disturbed).mp3

And can anyone upload this episode somewhere? I seemed to have maxed out my downloads at Loveline Archive with a whopping...two downloads at the same time.

http://shows.lovelinearchive.com/Loveline%20-%202004-07-15%20(Guest%20-%20Mimi%20Rogers).mp3

Jubs fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jan 27, 2008

JoeWagon
Sep 23, 2004
Sorry if I missed it, which episode is "grand theft submarine" the cartoon based off of? I thought I had heard every episode without a guest...

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah

Jubs posted:

I seemed to have maxed out my downloads at Loveline Archive with a whopping...two downloads at the same time.

Look at the front page. The guy ran out of bandwidth and it'll be back up next week.

Un-mode
Dec 20, 2006

caffeinefree posted:

Here's a tease: Mary Carey's mom is mentally unstable and her dad is retarded. They met in a mental clinic while her mom was undergoing electroshock therapy.

They both get interviewed.

Duuuuuuude, I remember Mary Carey called into loveline on the 2003-07-27 show when Me First and the Gimme Gimmes were the guest, and talked about her grandma and stuff. She sounded batshit insane, do either of them mention her loveline call?

Downloading it now, so I guess I'll find out soon enough.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Can I prolapse your anus?

WHAT'D I SAY!?!?

http://shows1.lovelinearchive.com/Loveline%20-%202005-04-17%20(Guest%20-%20David%20Alan%20Grier).mp3

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Un-mode posted:

Duuuuuuude, I remember Mary Carey called into loveline on the 2003-07-27 show when Me First and the Gimme Gimmes were the guest, and talked about her grandma and stuff. She sounded batshit insane, do either of them mention her loveline call?

Downloading it now, so I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Yep, I remember that. Didn't she use her grandmother in her wheelchair as a prop at the adult video awards?

Fryedegg
Jan 13, 2004
Everquest killed my libido (and my cat). 8(
Ah, the archives are down until February. I was just getting addicted to this poo poo again too, damnit.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

This might of been linked earlier on in the thread, but for everyone who wants to download Adam's new show, as the site is a pain in the arse to find stuff, check this out: http://www.971freefm.com/pages/podcast/43.rss

Check out the Matt Reeves interview (director of Cloverfield), Adam pitched his Pedo-isle movie idea. About a plane of boy scouts that crash lands on a island full of pedophiles.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

Fryedegg posted:

Ah, the archives are down until February. I was just getting addicted to this poo poo again too, damnit.

http://www.lovelinecentral.com/

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

ElMagoGrande posted:

About a plane of boy scouts that crash lands on a island full of pedophiles.
Haha, Adam's still pitching Pedif Isle? He came up with that on Loveline in early 2005. Adam's movie and TV pitches were some of my favorite bits.

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma
Yeah, where's the (or a) Pedif Isle show? I heard it once when I was stoned out of my brain and I couldn't breathe I was laughing so hard.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
I tried to go listen to some recent shows and I get this: http://www.lovelineshow.com/programhighlights

You have to pay now?

Komissar Steve
Jun 18, 2004

by Fragmaster

xaarman posted:

I tried to go listen to some recent shows and I get this: http://www.lovelineshow.com/programhighlights

You have to pay now?

Yep, that just showed up to day.

Fat loving chance I'm going to sign up for that. I blame Ron Harris.

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe
Paying to listen to Stryker is like paying to get brain cancer.

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.
Figured a lot of people in this thread might be interested in this. Official myspace with trailer for Adams move "The Hammer"

http://www.myspace.com/thehammermovie

Looks funny if you like Adam and his kind of humor. It will be interesting to see what the majority of non-loveline fans think of it.

Peppermate
Jul 2, 2007

by Ozma
I've been looking for a particular episode for a rather long time, and I figure this is as good a place as any to ask. It's from either 2003 - 2004 I believe, because that's when I first started listening to the show, and it's one of the few I remember clearly.

I don't think there were any guests, but I could be wrong. Anyway, in it a girl calls up who starts moaning every few seconds for some reason, and Adam and Drew don't even pause before moaning right back. It was hilarious and I'd really like to hear it again, along with more of the game they play where they put on the mexican music or whatever and guess how many seconds it'll take before the accordian comes in or something. I seem to remember them doing it every night (more or less) but I've only found one show that had them playing it so far.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Peppermate posted:

[...]

...along with more of the game they play where they put on the mexican music or whatever and guess how many seconds it'll take before the accordian comes in or something. I seem to remember them doing it every night (more or less) but I've only found one show that had them playing it so far.

That would be "Ace's Mexican Ranchero Accordion Countdown", which (according to wikipedia) debuted on October 19, 2004. It was played frequently from then to when Adam left the show.

I'm wondering if there is anywhere that has a wiki-like setup where we could post summaries of every show. I've listened to them all and I'm thinking about going through them all again. It would be nice to have a place where we could post summaries of each show and note important events (origins of drops, famous calls, first time X appeared).

Is there anywhere online that we could do this?

(P.S. A few pages ago someone mentioned bad blood between Adam and Drew. Drew was on Adam's show a while ago and Adam was on Drew's. There's no bad blood.

Also, Drew's new daytime radio show is really good. He takes calls like Loveline, but also has interesting guests. It's great for loveline reminiscing and has a good skeptical outlook. You can find it on iTunes.)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

http://wiki.lovelinefan.com/

You can probably use that to add episode summaries. It'd be nice to have a short rundown of each show when you're trying to find something specific.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

Carthag posted:

http://wiki.lovelinefan.com/

You can probably use that to add episode summaries. It'd be nice to have a short rundown of each show when you're trying to find something specific.

I've seen that site. It asks for a password, but I can't find any way to get a password. I also can't find any way to contact anyone who runs the site.

Malachi Constant fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Feb 1, 2008

Mq
Jul 7, 2005
Lazy fat bastard

Peppermate posted:

I've been looking for a particular episode for a rather long time, and I figure this is as good a place as any to ask. It's from either 2003 - 2004 I believe, because that's when I first started listening to the show, and it's one of the few I remember clearly.

I don't think there were any guests, but I could be wrong. Anyway, in it a girl calls up who starts moaning every few seconds for some reason, and Adam and Drew don't even pause before moaning right back. It was hilarious and I'd really like to hear it again, along with more of the game they play where they put on the mexican music or whatever and guess how many seconds it'll take before the accordian comes in or something. I seem to remember them doing it every night (more or less) but I've only found one show that had them playing it so far.

Is it the one where girls sounds really apathetic and whiny and Adam launches into the rant that goes something like "Jesus, I wonder how people can go through life like this. I reckon people around you get used to it after a while:
- <enthusiastic father voice> Hoooney, breakfast !
- meeeh
-Do you want toast?
- meeeeeh
-Alright!
-mhhhm"

Only it's longer. If anyone knows where this is from it would be greatly appreciated. It was pretty funny.

Eb
May 6, 2003
Would anyone here know which episode had the "hey mister"-girl who purchased alcohol when underage and spoke really fast?

Peppermate
Jul 2, 2007

by Ozma

Mq posted:

Is it the one where girls sounds really apathetic and whiny and Adam launches into the rant that goes something like "Jesus, I wonder how people can go through life like this. I reckon people around you get used to it after a while:
- <enthusiastic father voice> Hoooney, breakfast !
- meeeh
-Do you want toast?
- meeeeeh
-Alright!
-mhhhm"

Only it's longer. If anyone knows where this is from it would be greatly appreciated. It was pretty funny.

Nah, that sounds hilarious though

Fruxx
Aug 31, 2003

"There is no such thing as talent. What they call talent is nothing but the capacity for doing continuous work in the right way."
Does anyone know the date of the show where Adam tells the story about Drew having to buy condoms from Chinatown when he was young?

It's where the "Why you buy so many condom? You sell to friend?!" drop came from.

I know he has mentioned it in passing a few times but this was like a 10 minute story and it was hilarious.

JeansW
Aug 4, 2004
Yes. Like the jeans...
The story was basically Drew's parents knew every pharmacist in town (probably the only place to buy condoms back then) so he had to go to Chinatown to buy them. Couldn't tell you which episode it was though, sorry.

denizen
Aug 12, 2003
i am the only denizen

Fruxx posted:

Does anyone know the date of the show where Adam tells the story about Drew having to buy condoms from Chinatown when he was young?

It's where the "Why you buy so many condom? You sell to friend?!" drop came from.

I know he has mentioned it in passing a few times but this was like a 10 minute story and it was hilarious.

I know i have this episode, but I don't remember which one it is. I'll do some listening purely for research.

edit: That movie looks awesome.

denizen fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Feb 5, 2008

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I nearly damaged an organ just now listening to 2001-7-15, trying to hold my laughter in and not wake up the house. They have been getting a stream of useless callers all night, then right about at the hour mark a guy calls in talking about pictures he found of his parents swinging or something. Drew and Adam are trying to get answers out of him, but he is so stoned or brain damaged it's as though he can barely understand what they are saying to him. As they hung up on him, I could feel both Adam and Drew's incredulous disappointment at the callers mental state, and couldn't help but start laughing so hard I had tears streaming down my face.

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.
To this day I still cannot tell if Adam is being sarcastic about Drew being a "Man of incredible passion" or what exactly he means by it. I mean Drew is always so low key about most things even when he is riled up. If he is all super passionate in the sack how would Adam even know? It sounds sarcastic but Drew always seems to respond to the comment like its true. I've never heard him defend himself in any way when Adam says it. I wish I could hear the episode when Adam first said it but I'm sure thats like way back in the earliest episodes that aren't in the archive.

DeusExMachina
May 20, 2001
I'm trying to find the date or possibly an MP3 of the episode that spawned the "the world is your oyster" drop. Anyone know which one this is? I remember hearing it live. It seemed that Adam was pretty drunk/high, and I think he came in late to the show. Anyone have any information on this?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
The Adam Carolla messageboard has a bunch of episodes that I haven't seen anywhere:

http://mahalo.30.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=673&st=135

And awesome news!

quote:

Dr. Drew guested on Tom Green Live last night and Tom asked him about whether Adam has come back to guest on the show. Drew said he hasn't been back, but they are going to have him on sometime to promote The Hammer. He didn't mention when it will be, kind of sounded like they haven't locked in a date yet, but I assume it should pop up some time in the next 2 months. - http://mahalo.30.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=1889

Jubs fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 5, 2008

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Gentleman, we have seen the future.

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

To this day I still cannot tell if Adam is being sarcastic about Drew being a "Man of incredible passion" or what exactly he means by it. I mean Drew is always so low key about most things even when he is riled up. If he is all super passionate in the sack how would Adam even know? It sounds sarcastic but Drew always seems to respond to the comment like its true. I've never heard him defend himself in any way when Adam says it. I wish I could hear the episode when Adam first said it but I'm sure thats like way back in the earliest episodes that aren't in the archive.

It has been a little while, but I remember adam talking about how it came to popularity from an episode when ben stein was guest. I beleive at first ben was given the title but somehow made it's way over to drew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe

Jubs posted:

And awesome news!

Hopefully Stryker will be out "sick" that night.

• Locked thread