Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Simkin posted:

Also, as unimaginative and dull as that commercial was, it was still more exciting than the game :(

Are you serious?

I loved the commercial and the game was the first interesting superbowl in a long time. The score was so low not because the offences couldn't get it together, but because the defenses were really playing in top form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin J
Aug 16, 2006

God, just tell me to shut up already. I have a clear anti-domestic bias and a lack of facts.
Here's a lovely phone video of me doing some donuts around a round about in my neighborhood this morning.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=27617287

drat, that is lovely video. I can get more angle, but I have to use both hands.

Edit: stupid Americans need "one way" signs so they go around the round-a-bout correctly. Also, there are stop signs :wtf:

Vitamin J fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 4, 2008

XCPuff
Nov 26, 2005

FEAR THIS MAN

Vitamin J posted:

Here's a lovely phone video of me doing some donuts around a round about in my neighborhood this morning.

God drat, you really are a human being.

Vitamin J
Aug 16, 2006

God, just tell me to shut up already. I have a clear anti-domestic bias and a lack of facts.

XCPuff posted:

God drat, you really are a human being.
Whatever man, I'm just havin fun on the way to work.

Oh, you're from Texas. Thank jesus for Oklahoma, otherwise we'd share a border with you guys.

Vitamin J fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 4, 2008

Frosty-
Jan 17, 2004

In war, you kill people in order to change their minds. Remember that; it's fuckin' important.

Vitamin J posted:

Edit: stupid Americans need "one way" signs so they go around the round-a-bout correctly.
You got it twisted, man, it's the roundabout that's stupid. Unless it's the Yes single, then it's good.

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Yes, I'm absolutely serious. I freely admit that I was looking forward to seeing a more offensive game, but I must add the disclaimer that I am Canadian, and am used to offensive plays being forced by the structure of the game. I guess if I'd been drinking heavily, the 40 or so minutes of actual playtime between the first 10 points, and the rest of the scoring, might have been watchable.

Also, Canadian TV feed doesn't get any of the high budget US commercials, just the same lovely ones as always.

/ot

Here's Mikka Hakkinen in his office, showing how Spa should look, from the front seat of a DTM car. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as6s5Tk0izc

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Vitamin J posted:

Edit: stupid Americans need "one way" signs so they go around the round-a-bout correctly. Also, there are stop signs :wtf:

Wow, way to drive like a complete dick on public roads.

Vitamin J
Aug 16, 2006

Hypnolobster posted:

Wow, way to drive like a complete dick on public roads.
No problem dude, when I put my car into a curb at 15mph, you can come laugh at me. The guy who did it in the S6 is cool though right? Scene of the crime, it's obvious I was travelling at such high speed.

Vitamin J fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Feb 4, 2008

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Since I can't think of anywhere better to laugh about these, and they are both automotive and youtube in nature, I present three Super Bowl car-related ads:

Bridgestone: Unexpected Obstacles
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Eg3T9vZ-rAM
Anyone who wasn't rooting for Richard Simmons getting turned into road pizza needs their head checked.

Bridgestone: Scream
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fu9ibUWIq8A
More amusing than hilarious

Audi R8
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2xd0Tw9wOB4

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Vitamin J posted:

No problem dude, when I put my car into a curb at 15mph, you can come laugh at me. The guy who did it in the S6 is cool though right? Scene of the crime, it's obvious I was travelling at such high speed.

Holding a video camera while tyte driftin yo' blazer around a roundabout so you can post it on the internet later. Maybe you should do it in the miata RACECAR so you can hit higher speeds and REALLY impress us.

Vitamin J
Aug 16, 2006

Muffinpox posted:

Holding a video camera while tyte driftin yo' blazer around a roundabout so you can post it on the internet later. Maybe you should do it in the miata RACECAR so you can hit higher speeds and REALLY impress us.
I shot the video for a friend, it takes the same amount of time to copy it to my email. If you really want to be impressed, I'll get my friend to hold the real video camera while I tyte drift my street Miata around some poo poo. Ever seen someone drift a perfect circle around a light pole keeping the front bumper 6 inches away? Want to?

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

this thread is beginning to rampage with elitism.

We'll all admit it, we are inferior drivers to the utmost level of skill you clearly posses.

We worship at your feet, oh godly street racer.

Douche.

titler
Feb 18, 2005

Vitamin J posted:

I shot the video for a friend, it takes the same amount of time to copy it to my email. If you really want to be impressed, I'll get my friend to hold the real video camera while I tyte drift my street Miata around some poo poo. Ever seen someone drift a perfect circle around a light pole keeping the front bumper 6 inches away? Want to?

I really hope you're just trolling and don't actually believe that will win friends and impress enemies.

\/\/ I don't think anyone cares that much whether or not you have "skillz", they're rude to you because you act like a pompous egotistical braggart.

titler fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 4, 2008

Vitamin J
Aug 16, 2006

Whatever guys, I enjoy sliding my Miata around, especially on days where the roads are wet and cold. If I'm not going to drive my Miata like it was meant, then why didn't I just buy a silver Corolla?

For race fans:

2007 SCCA Runoffs Spec Miata race
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5639024330253761394
finished 24th of 37

Laguna Seca in 2006
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0bef9184-6de2-4d28-8f5d-986d000e0492.htm

Here's my race at Phoenix International Raceway last January where I finished 2nd (3rd the next day)
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1dae7ab0-a3b9-4b76-94f2-988f0010e13e.htm
(I finished 2nd in both races this year, google Ara Malkhassian to see who I finished 2nd to, and beat the next day)

So yeah, I do have some skillz, and I'm gettin kinda tired of people calling me out.

Pacific Rim Job posted:

\/\/ I don't think anyone cares that much whether or not you have "skillz", they're rude to you because you act like a pompous egotistical braggart.
I'm pretty fuckin modest. I rarely speak about my own talents. When I do, I don't exaggerate.

Vitamin J fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 4, 2008

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I really wish they ran more events using the roadcourse at PIR. The Grand Am races they used to put on there were awesome :(

TheSwift.CC
May 8, 2003

Guess?

Vitamin J posted:

If you really want to be impressed, I'll get my friend to hold the real video camera while I tyte drift my street Miata around some poo poo. Ever seen someone drift a perfect circle around a light pole keeping the front bumper 6 inches away? Want to?

hahahahahaha. ONLY 6 inches away? pfft, u ain't got poo poo on me bro. I can doriftu my Jeep 2!!!! (thats rite brah, TWO 2) inches from a light pole thats ON FIRE

not black enough
Oct 14, 2004

TheSwift.CC posted:

hahahahahaha. ONLY 6 inches away? pfft, u ain't got poo poo on me bro. I can doriftu my Jeep 2!!!! (thats rite brah, TWO 2) inches from a light pole thats ON FIRE
2 inches away? loving pussy

not black enough fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Feb 5, 2008

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

TheSwift.CC posted:

No wai WHAAAAAAT.

My super beetle has RIMMMZZZZ and NAWWZZZZZZZ, and I can DRIFTTUUU with SKILLZ round a loving POLICE CAR and he's just so "Yo fucka that sweet brah" and he gives me loving DRUG BUST MONEYS so I can fill up my 350SHOT NAWZZZ.

Seriously, telling us about your amazing skills will gain you no credibility. If you had started properly, and posted videos of your driving in modesty, people would be all over you with praise; including me.
Instead, you start off on the wrong foot, claiming to be hot poo poo. That does not help you, that makes everyone who has some sense on this forum dislike you and your ego. This lends absolutely nothing to whatever loving driving skill you may have, because you sir, are a jackass.
Stop talking about your racing skills, and build more hondas.

EDIT ^^^^ the Civic picture was better :colbert:

Hypnolobster fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 5, 2008

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Vitamin J posted:

So yeah, I do have some skillz, and I'm gettin kinda tired of people calling me out.

I'm pretty fuckin modest. I rarely speak about my own talents. When I do, I don't exaggerate.

You are arrogant and come across as spoiled on the forums, and overly-aggressive, not to mention inconsistent on the track. You may think you have God's own can handling "skillz", but I've seen a hundred other amateur racers who're just as good. I've seen a couple of your videos, and in every single one, EVERY ONE, your aggressive nature on the track has led to an incident. Hell, you loving spun another car in the second half of those PIR videos you posted. You could have had him on the preceding lap, SAFELY, if you hadn't gotten so excited by being close to him that you hosed the corner entry and had to recover.

If you were racing in any real series where it cost tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars to fix the damage from your little "incidents", or where the course officials could fine you as much for your antics, you'd be singing a different tune, and I'm sure that the sponsors or your team would be putting pressure for the same. You may have brought home some finishes, but that doesn't make you the next big thing.

Sure, you can put it all down to the fact that "everyone in AI's just JEALOUS 'cause I'm LIVIN' THE DREAM!". Sure, I'll admit it, I'm jealous. I'd love to have mommy-and-daddy give me the money to race for a season instead of going to college. I'd love mommy-and-daddy's friends to "sponsor" me for racing, too. But just because nobody else in AI has been fortunate enough to had a year's racing paid for by Pop doesn't mean everyone here is talentless or too scared to go waste their professional lives trying to be a racer.

When you post the typical, immature poo poo like "LAWLS DRIFTIN' ROUND A ROUDABOUT IN MAH RACECAR!!" that is quite obviously frowned upon here in AI, don't piss and moan about how nobody respects you because you're young. The reason nobody respects you is because you are, as I said earlier, an arrogant, mediocre, coddled, spoiled 20 year old who has yet to face life's realities and will, if he's lucky, have a career racing professionally, to be thereafter referred to as "traffic ahead" on all the sportscasts when you get lapped by the truly talented drivers.

Your asinine attempts to refute accusations that you are just that, a talentless footnote, are even more pathetic due to how obviously you're overlooking the fact that you are being teased for being a gigantic human being with an overinflated ego, not for being without talent. You're not being teased for saying "I can drift my Miata around a lightpole with only 6 inches clearance!", you're being teased because you think that there aren't a hundred million other people in the world that can do that. I know it comes as a gigantic shock, but you are not pretty and unique snowflake. You are just another loving slob.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Sigma X posted:

beatdown :words:

(martin voice) daaaaaaaaaamn

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

Vitamin J posted:

Whatever guys, I enjoy sliding my Miata around, especially on days where the roads are wet and cold. If I'm not going to drive my Miata like it was meant, then why didn't I just buy a silver Corolla?

Even Frmula D drivers are retarded enough to film a drift with one had while steering the other. Caning a car on the street is one thing, being a loving moron about it is another.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Why ask me ? I cant understand me either!
Me blowing up a Supra w57 gearbox!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cppv8k0HtCY

Me melting a Puck clutch..8(

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GE36JgoLleY

All in good fun!

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Sigma X posted:

:words:
This completely eclipsed my irritation.

Good show, old boy.

On the proper topic, here is what I plan on getting into in a few years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDJCjaMTNxI

Formula Vee!!!

I'll start with Solo II, and work my way up to the actual road races. It's rather hard to get into in the way of information, but compared to any other open wheel racing, it's amazingly cheap. And they're VW's, essentially, so they're instantly loving awesome.
More Formula Vee:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNozGQ_meIs&feature=related
Warning, that one has rather loud audio.

EDIT: ^^^^ Oh god I loving love that car still. It's so great to see something that hard to find (sadface) still tearing poo poo up, instead of sitting pretty in a garage or wasting in a field.

Hypnolobster fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Feb 5, 2008

Vitamin J
Aug 16, 2006

Hypnolobster posted:

Seriously, telling us about your amazing skills will gain you no credibility. If you had started properly, and posted videos of your driving in modesty, people would be all over you with praise; including me.
Instead, you start off on the wrong foot, claiming to be hot poo poo. That does not help you, that makes everyone who has some sense on this forum dislike you and your ego. This lends absolutely nothing to whatever loving driving skill you may have, because you sir, are a jackass.
Stop talking about your racing skills, and build more hondas.

EDIT ^^^^ the Civic picture was better :colbert:
Already posted them in their own threads. Each race had videos along with a few hundred pictures.
Laguna Seca pictures
Runoffs pictures

Sigma X posted:

You are arrogant and come across as spoiled on the forums, and overly-aggressive, not to mention inconsistent on the track. You may think you have God's own can handling "skillz", but I've seen a hundred other amateur racers who're just as good. I've seen a couple of your videos, and in every single one, EVERY ONE, your aggressive nature on the track has led to an incident. Hell, you loving spun another car in the second half of those PIR videos you posted. You could have had him on the preceding lap, SAFELY, if you hadn't gotten so excited by being close to him that you hosed the corner entry and had to recover.
That may be how I come accross, but I hope you realize that Arial can't bring you every bit of a person's personality. Everything I type is typed with a smile on my face, well not everything. I realize that you guys can take things like "REAL RACECAR" and put it up there with the kid showing off his dad's M5. Sorry to come accross like that, I'll try and not...do that.

(Btw, that came from a thread where some dumbass was trying to get me to spend $2k on a car to race him on Pinks or something, I said I spent all my money on a REAL RACECAR. As in, road racing, not drag racing. It was a joke, ha ha.)

He was blocking me the entire race, and constantly down the straight. He protested me that race, the stewards looked at my video and told me not to worry about it.

Besides, that was last year, it was my 6th or 7th race EVER.

quote:

If you were racing in any real series where it cost tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars to fix the damage from your little "incidents", or where the course officials could fine you as much for your antics, you'd be singing a different tune, and I'm sure that the sponsors or your team would be putting pressure for the same. You may have brought home some finishes, but that doesn't make you the next big thing.
You don't think it costs money to repair a Miata? It costs me every cent I have, well I don't spend it all, I have some left over for food and gas...and Hondas.

quote:

Sure, you can put it all down to the fact that "everyone in AI's just JEALOUS 'cause I'm LIVIN' THE DREAM!". Sure, I'll admit it, I'm jealous. I'd love to have mommy-and-daddy give me the money to race for a season instead of going to college. I'd love mommy-and-daddy's friends to "sponsor" me for racing, too. But just because nobody else in AI has been fortunate enough to had a year's racing paid for by Pop doesn't mean everyone here is talentless or too scared to go waste their professional lives trying to be a racer.
You're right, but then again I get poo poo left and right. Whether I'm talking about Formula 1 or how to diagnose a problem. I get a lot of unwanted attention, whether that's jealousy or something else who knows.

Btw, it's a pain in the rear end to get sponsors. But I have a few, mostly free parts and work, some cash.

quote:

When you post the typical, immature poo poo like "LAWLS DRIFTIN' ROUND A ROUDABOUT IN MAH RACECAR!!" that is quite obviously frowned upon here in AI, don't piss and moan about how nobody respects you because you're young. The reason nobody respects you is because you are, as I said earlier, an arrogant, mediocre, coddled, spoiled 20 year old who has yet to face life's realities and will, if he's lucky, have a career racing professionally, to be thereafter referred to as "traffic ahead" on all the sportscasts when you get lapped by the truly talented drivers.
I thought this was a place where car guys bullshit about cars. Sorry, I'll keep it to things like whats the best way to change my oil and can you recommend me a new car?

quote:

Your asinine attempts to refute accusations that you are just that, a talentless footnote, are even more pathetic due to how obviously you're overlooking the fact that you are being teased for being a gigantic human being with an overinflated ego, not for being without talent. You're not being teased for saying "I can drift my Miata around a lightpole with only 6 inches clearance!", you're being teased because you think that there aren't a hundred million other people in the world that can do that. I know it comes as a gigantic shock, but you are not pretty and unique snowflake. You are just another loving slob.
Alright man. Well how many people here have dismantled an entire Miata, only to put it back together again? How many people have torn down an entire Honda and rebuilt it into a whole new car? How many people have set a track record? How many people have raced fender to fender with pro racers? How many people here have been told they have talent by Randy Pobst?

Yes, you too could do all these things. Problem is, I'm the only one doing them.

Wow, you go to college, bravo. I bet you have a shitload of pictures of you and your friends drunk that you could share with us. That's cool :thumbsup:

Here's my favorite Audi video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lai8KE_P64g

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Vitamin J posted:

:words:
Wow, you go to college, bravo. I bet you have a shitload of pictures of you and your friends drunk that you could share with us. That's cool :thumbsup:
I didn't even know who you were before this thread and I can't stand you already.

Oh well, time and life will beat some humility into you eventually. If you're lucky.

Ize
Aug 1, 2006

^^You seem OK on XBL and I don't really have a problem with you dude, but enjoy your ban/probation.

Content:

Just go ahead and whip it out before you click: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2aG4vSh20s

Ize fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Feb 5, 2008

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ize posted:

^^You seem OK on XBL and I don't really have a problem with you dude, but enjoy your ban/probation.

Content:

Just go ahead and whip it out before you click: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2aG4vSh20s
XBL? Ban/prob? Are you talking to me or Vitamin J?

Ize
Aug 1, 2006

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

XBL? Ban/prob? Are you talking to me or Vitamin J?

Vitamin J. You posted while I was typing.

Repost from earlier in the thread because it's hilarious:http://youtube.com/watch?v=-JB6JzzY4Yw

Vitamin J
Aug 16, 2006

I said my part. I'll do my best not to come accross as a oval office if you guys promise to take everything I say as a grain of salt. Sorry to anyone I may have offended and peace and love be with you.

Also, can we just take my little video for what it is? Its a lovely 15 second video of some dumbass sliding his Miata around. Haha that's gay.

I want to try this, maybe Pin-The-Tale-On-The-Donkey would be more fun though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCB5ocHpHoM

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.
I'd just like to say that not everyone who races with SCCA is an rear end in a top hat about it. I know we have a few other guys on the forum who participate in Club Racing. I think you know damned well that you would not be posting like this on SCCA Forums or the Spec Miata boards. It's real easy to be the "big racecar driver man" on a board of people who don't participate in sanctioned racing leagues.

EDIT: And furthermore, if any of you were to meet the guys who rank in the top 3 the National Championship Runoffs, you would swear they are some of the nicest, humblest guys ever. Everyone in the Touring ranks was always very friendly and helpful to my slow rear end, it would be a shame to give the idea that any of these guys are this way.

Belldandy fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Feb 5, 2008

hippynerd
Nov 5, 2004

by Ozma
A couple LiveLeak Videos I found fun:
This clip I thought was GTA (been playing too much video games) the first time I watched it. I dont think I've ever seen anyone park a car like this before.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=19d_1178385991

Ghost Car!
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e4e801b4c9

Doh!
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=440_1172559898

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004
Vitamin Jizz, you are really ruining one of the best threads in AI history.

This is from a user on one of the BMW forums -- just a teaser clip without car audio, but plenty of terrible music. I loved the footage and have enjoyed him restoring the car.

BMW 1602
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VCHzWfNItQc

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Vitamin J posted:

Alright man. Well how many people here have dismantled an entire Miata, only to put it back together again?

Me, for one. They're pretty simple cars.

On the subject (also going along with the FXT thread from today), here's a Forester XT spanking a GTO. 12.6 sec 1/4 mile for the Forester is damned impressive. This guy has since thrashed most of the FXT drivetrain, rebuild it and is now in the 11s.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/gto/6/c168377c-bef4-4761-b379-9846000bdfd5.htm

Savington
Apr 9, 2007
I'm not Stinkmeister, this title is here so waar can tell the difference between Stinkmeister and myself in mafia games.

Vitamin J posted:

Yes, you too could do all these things. Problem is, I'm the only one doing them.

I've been racing karts (sprint and shifter) since I was 14, and I made the Red Bull Driver's Search west-cost runoffs in '04 and '05. If I wanted to go SM racing, it would be a few phone calls and a couple months of work, and I'd be there. You aren't the only one in AI with talent; you're just the only one who talks about it too much.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Vitamin J posted:

Also, can we just take my little video for what it is? Its a lovely 15 second video of some dumbass sliding his Miata around.

I'm pretty sure that's how we all took it, don't worry.

You should probably stop posting in AI until you're like 30 years old or something.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Why ask me ? I cant understand me either!
Mr T http://youtube.com/watch?v=-1RX-qJ-maM

His crash is also posted, But im not putting it up out of respect.

Ps Guys can you cut it out please. Lets just finish it Ok.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Kaptainballistik posted:

Mr T http://youtube.com/watch?v=-1RX-qJ-maM

His crash is also posted, But im not putting it up out of respect.

Ps Guys can you cut it out please. Lets just finish it Ok.

That's a beautifully done video.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Simkin posted:

Also, Canadian TV feed doesn't get any of the high budget US commercials, just the same lovely ones as always.

Only on standard def. The game was being aired without Canadian simulcast on a FOX HD channel from Boston on Bell, Shaw, and Telus high def feeds.

Blackpenguin
Dec 12, 2007
Not sure if this has been posted yet but I thought it was cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XvjVvFdMIY&NR=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Blackpenguin posted:

Not sure if this has been posted yet but I thought it was cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XvjVvFdMIY&NR=1

that itself wasn't posted but it did make an appearance in another video posted recently.