Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

jeremiah johnson posted:

The song I'm thinking of was real popular in the mid ninety's. The only lyrics i can remember are something like "we left the children in the middle of the night" and then something about going to a place were the streets are paved in gold, and for some reason the beggining instrumental part of Hotel California always reminded me of it.
Fastball - The Way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeremiah johnson
Nov 3, 2007

Incoherence posted:

Fastball - The Way.

Thank you, so much.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

I heard a song on a station that plays mostly trance/electronica and am curious if anyone has any info based on the following meager hints:

1) soft female vocal lead saying "talk to me" as the refrain

2) there's a beat but it's not a huge garish vampire rave with blood raining down beat

e: not alice deejay although I like that song. argh.

Chum Scandal fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Feb 1, 2008

pill for your ills
Mar 23, 2006

ghost rock.

FitFortDanga posted:

#1 is Psychic TV - "Just Like Arcadia"

Sweet. Thanks Fort.

Retroboy
Jul 12, 2006

Better a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

jeremiah johnson posted:

The song I'm thinking of was real popular in the mid ninety's. The only lyrics i can remember are something like "we left the children in the middle of the night" and then something about going to a place were the streets are paved in gold, and for some reason the beggining instrumental part of Hotel California always reminded me of it.

Maybe Fastball - The Way?

Its not the same wording but along those lines.

EDIT - doh, never noticed the new page.

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

meat gnome posted:

I heard a song on a station that plays mostly trance/electronica and am curious if anyone has any info based on the following meager hints:

1) soft female vocal lead saying "talk to me" as the refrain

2) there's a beat but it's not a huge garish vampire rave with blood raining down beat

e: not alice deejay although I like that song. argh.

Here Comes the Rain Again by the Eurythmics? Could be the original or maybe a remix?

Julien Sorel
Jan 27, 2006

Voted Worst Marksman of 1830
Is there a name for this commercial's song or is it just stock music?

http://www.whatsthatcalled.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12353

Nevermind, I found it.

Julien Sorel fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 2, 2008

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
It's kind of backwards, but I swear i've hear "Minuits, chrétiens" (the french version of holy night) Used in some dramatic movie or commercial for a movie.

Are there any movies like saving private ryan that have used it? Every time I hear it I know i've heard it before in french, before i even knew the name of the song.

It kind of reminds me of the brood war intro song, does anyone know the name of the brood war intro song? Or was it made for brood war?

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
A reggae song that repeats the chorus from World Without Love.
"I don't care what they say I won't stay in a world without love"

e: I should add that the rest of the song wasn't World Without Love, so I don't think it's from
A Reggae Tribute to the Beatles, Vol. 1

Pweller fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Feb 2, 2008

Sex Dwarf
Mar 12, 2005
WEB 2.0 POSTER
I'm looking for a fairly bad power metal song. I remember that the video had him walking around a castle alone in a white outfit and he sang with a heavy accent.

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

Sex Dwarf posted:

I'm looking for a fairly bad power metal song. I remember that the video had him walking around a castle alone in a white outfit and he sang with a heavy accent.

Kaledon - The New Kingdom
http://youtube.com/watch?v=22DcXJ4k6kU

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

I'm looking for a song that's been played on radio 1 in the UK. It's a kind of laid back electronic song with a guy singing, which uses bells or glockenspiels for the main tune. The main tune is something like E2 E2 D2 D2 C#2 C#2 A2 B2 C#2 (rest) A2 B2 C#2 F#1 E1 (numbers denote relative octave).

Any ideas?

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

I need to find a bad song. It used to play over the in-store radio when I worked at a CVS/pharmacy a couple years ago. The main lyrics from the chorus were, "Amaaaaaaanda, I [pause] looooooove you. You're the one, the one for me...." and that's all I remember. Definitely late 70s or early 80s wuss rock. Help me find this horrible crap.

e: it's not Boston's "Amanda", which rules

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

I need to find a bad song. It used to play over the in-store radio when I worked at a CVS/pharmacy a couple years ago. The main lyrics from the chorus were, "Amaaaaaaanda, I [pause] looooooove you. You're the one, the one for me...." and that's all I remember. Definitely late 70s or early 80s wuss rock. Help me find this horrible crap.

e: it's not Boston's "Amanda", which rules

Kool & The Gang - Joanna

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Rivfader posted:

Kool & The Gang - Joanna

Hahaha, kickass! Thanks man. I was going nuts.

pumphead
Oct 23, 2002

Major shot in the dark.

Twice now while shopping in the grocery store, I've heard this bubblegum pop song that I can't identify. I can't even hear any of the words, except for "In love" in the chorus. Think Atomic Kitten or Pussycat Dolls or something.

The chorus/last minute of the song goes like:

Bah bah ba-ba
Bah bah ba-ba
Bah bah ba-ba
Bah bah ba-ba
innnn looove in looove

Repeat x 20

I've scoured to Top 40 charts but either it's a few months too old or I'm missing something. Maybe it's all black chicks.

HumanSlayer
Dec 8, 2005
Heard it twice today on 99.9 the buzz radio but I cannot identify the artist or song's name.

It's something like :

You might be the one i've been waiting/seeking( ?? ) for....
You might be the one i've....

mmmm yeah

I think it's a guy singing but I could be wrong. If someone knows that song it would be awesome.

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

Woodlong posted:

Major shot in the dark.

Twice now while shopping in the grocery store, I've heard this bubblegum pop song that I can't identify. I can't even hear any of the words, except for "In love" in the chorus. Think Atomic Kitten or Pussycat Dolls or something.

The chorus/last minute of the song goes like:

Bah bah ba-ba
Bah bah ba-ba
Bah bah ba-ba
Bah bah ba-ba
innnn looove in looove

Repeat x 20

I've scoured to Top 40 charts but either it's a few months too old or I'm missing something. Maybe it's all black chicks.

Not a chick, but the way you described the chorus makes me think of Sean Kingston - Me Love http://youtube.com/watch?v=z8lrjCVQnkE
yes/no/maybe?

Sullen
Dec 13, 2004
"Shut the fuck up Donny!"
Heard this one on a commercial the other day and it has been irritating the hell out of me since: A chicks voice saying "Forever, Forever" or something like that, I didn't hear anymore since the commercial switches to several different songs over the course of it. It sounded like a pop song, probably 80s/90s. Commercial was some hair thing or something, sorry, that is really vague but it is all I've got.

edit: I've heard the song elsewhere, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't just for the commercial or anything.

Socket Ryanist
Aug 30, 2004

What remix of Southern Sun is this? http://youtube.com/watch?v=919_A0yxHGI

Edit: gabriel & dresden, durr

Socket Ryanist fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Feb 8, 2008

SuperS
Oct 28, 2007
i'm not that super, really

Woodlong posted:

Bah bah ba-ba
Bah bah ba-ba
Bah bah ba-ba
Bah bah ba-ba
innnn looove in looove
sounds to me like Nicole Scherzinger - Baby Love

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x3AY0KpHj9A

SuperS fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Feb 8, 2008

BLOG KING
Jun 20, 2004
There's a song on the radio that sounds just like System of a Down, but as far as I know, they're on hiatus. Does anyone know what this song is? Something about "... these empty walls". It's obviously their vocalist.

An0
Nov 10, 2006
I enjoy eating After Eights. I also enjoy eating Old El Paso salsa with added Tobasco.

BLOG KING posted:

There's a song on the radio that sounds just like System of a Down, but as far as I know, they're on hiatus. Does anyone know what this song is? Something about "... these empty walls". It's obviously their vocalist.

Their vocalist, Serj Tankian, released an album called Elect The Dead. Empty Walls is a single off that album http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZSKvSz1roQ .

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Sullen posted:

Heard this one on a commercial the other day and it has been irritating the hell out of me since: A chicks voice saying "Forever, Forever" or something like that, I didn't hear anymore since the commercial switches to several different songs over the course of it. It sounded like a pop song, probably 80s/90s. Commercial was some hair thing or something, sorry, that is really vague but it is all I've got.

edit: I've heard the song elsewhere, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't just for the commercial or anything.

Wild guess... Donna Lewis - "I Love You Always Forever"?

Sullen
Dec 13, 2004

FitFortDanga posted:

Wild guess... Donna Lewis - "I Love You Always Forever"?

Just checked that one out, it wasnt it, unfortunately. =/ Thanks for the attempt though. The song I heard was more upbeat than that.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

I've got a remix of 'Foundations' by Kate Nash which is apparently by Ed Rush and Optical. It's not, it's obviously just one of their tracks with the Kate Nash vocal roughly thrown on top, but can anyone identify the track used?

I'm going to post this in the drum & bass thread too and see if they have any ideas.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Sullen posted:

Shakira - Whenever, Wherever?

Sullen
Dec 13, 2004

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

Shakira - Whenever, Wherever?

Haha wow, that was it! Man, I dont know how you were able to pin it down based off my lovely description. I guess Whenever, Wherever is *sorta* close to forever, forever. Still, you are a god.

pumphead
Oct 23, 2002

LL_Ghoul_J posted:

Not a chick, but the way you described the chorus makes me think of Sean Kingston - Me Love http://youtube.com/watch?v=z8lrjCVQnkE
yes/no/maybe?

SuperS posted:

sounds to me like Nicole Scherzinger - Baby Love

http://youtube.com/watch?v=x3AY0KpHj9A

Both kind of close, but no cigar. Thanks for trying, especially since I had so little info to give!

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Sullen posted:

Haha wow, that was it! Man, I dont know how you were able to pin it down based off my lovely description. I guess Whenever, Wherever is *sorta* close to forever, forever. Still, you are a god.

haha, it was a shot in the dark. that rules though

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
I'm trying to find a song that was composed of a recording of a skateboard skating. It was an awesome left to right panning. If anyone has any idea what i'm talking i'd be surprised and thankful.

deglaze|2
Sep 26, 2004

Hollis Brown posted:

I'm trying to find a song that was composed of a recording of a skateboard skating. It was an awesome left to right panning. If anyone has any idea what i'm talking i'd be surprised and thankful.

if it's back and forth on a ramp then i think it's on the propellerheads-drumsdecksandrockandroll album.

I am looking for a song with composed music and a female african american vocalist. The only line I can remember is either "a flower is born", or "a child is born" or something. Also the chorus is pretty dramatic because an actual chorus is singing it.
thanks

deglaze|2 fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 10, 2008

Pulling Teeth
Jan 13, 2008
My Cadillac got that bass

deglaze|2 posted:

if it's back and forth on a ramp then i think it's on the propellerheads-drumsdecksandrockandroll album.

I am looking for a song with composed music and a female african american vocalist. The only line I can remember is either "a flower is born", or "a child is born" or something. Also the chorus is pretty dramatic because an actual chorus is singing it.
thanks

Christ I finally know a song in this thread and I get beaten by the very next post. Yes, the skating song is Propellerheads "Better" I think - it's definitely on that album anyway.

Retroboy
Jul 12, 2006

deglaze|2 posted:

thanks

Minnie Riperton - Les Fleur?

Theres also a more recent 4 Hero cover version which is practically identical.

evensevenone
May 12, 2001
Glass is a solid.
The background music to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g6ms4ZWPDk

The movie isn't out yet so I can't check the credits.

Retroboy
Jul 12, 2006

evensevenone posted:

The background music to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g6ms4ZWPDk

The movie isn't out yet so I can't check the credits.

Ryuichi Sakamoto - Wuthering Heights - score from the film Wuthering Heights (1992)

Jose Cuervo
Aug 25, 2004
In the pilot new CBS comedy 'Welcome to the Captain' when the main character is in RAquel Welch's apartment jazz music starts up. If anyone could tell me the name of the tune I would appreciate it.

deglaze|2
Sep 26, 2004

Retroboy posted:

Minnie Riperton - Les Fleur?

Theres also a more recent 4 Hero cover version which is practically identical.
thank you!

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
a few years ago I listened to a song I absolutely loved, all I can remember is the chorus "everyone is happy underground" and google fails me. I think another verse had something about mohawks. It's a pretty upbeat song if I recall correctly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Map to Buried Pleasure
Jun 3, 2006

Town & Country's combination of powerful engine options, advanced safety and security features, and versatile interior options, make it the most trusted minivan

leftover posted:

a few years ago I listened to a song I absolutely loved, all I can remember is the chorus "everyone is happy underground" and google fails me. I think another verse had something about mohawks. It's a pretty upbeat song if I recall correctly.
Could it be Ben Folds Five - Underground?