Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Tsietisin posted:

I know the exact film you are on about.

It starts with them creating their own court where they take the bad class members in there. They might charge them with stealing a chocolate bar or something. they put them in front of the court, strip them naked, take a polaroid of them to use it as blackmail if they did not abide by the court ruling.

They take the teacher into the court and charge him with the offence of "being a bad example". They do the same polaroid thing with him. They charge him and leave him there. However they leave him there for so long that, as you mentioned, he commits suicide.

There is an investigation at the school, so to get out of it, one of the kids involved in the court says that the teacher was a paedophole that used to touch him up and offers the polaroids up as proof. So the kids get away with everything.
-

Now as for the name of this film, that's a tough one. I always thought that the name of it was simply "Police", but i cannot find something that matches that name. I shall hunt a little more.

EDIT: I was close, it was The Police

That must be it, thank you. There was a lot about it I didn't remember.
Tracking it down is going to be hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Original Gamer
Sep 13, 2002

I've got three. All kids movies from the 80's (maybe early 90's) and all made for TV or straight to VHS if I remember correctly.

One was about a girl who was Rainbow Brite-ish, but she loses all her color. So she spends the majority of the movie in white clothes traveling to different color lands/people, and in the end reunites them, restoring her colors and unity to the world. Probably musical.

Second was a guy in a white room. Everything is white. He starts playing with objects in the room like a toy dinosaur and boombox. I think the objects make weird noises. I remember thinking it was very surreal as a kid. Also think that by using his imagination he starts to travel places but never leaves the room. Also probably musical

Last one is about a classroom of kids who are bored learning about geography, until the globe comes to life as a man in a globe suit, who takes them around the world showing them different cultures. Definatley musical. Had a skit with them making pasta, and another with them counting bananas

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Hopefully someone will be able to help me out with this, it has just popped back in my head after all this time.

American movie, in the 80's, at least I assume that from the length of time it has been since I saw it.

The only thing that I can tell you about this movie, is that is starts with a taxi driver. He picks up this female and takes her to a particular address. She gets him to wait around outside for an hour or so, before taking her back to where she came from. She does the same thing over multiple evenings.

There seems to be this big insistance from her that what is going on inside the house, is prefectly legal, and that the taxi driver need not worry.

Unfortunately I know nothing more than that. Because it was something that was recorded at the end of a VCR tape and that was all it got. So any clue?

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

Original Gamer posted:

Last one is about a classroom of kids who are bored learning about geography, until the globe comes to life as a man in a globe suit, who takes them around the world showing them different cultures. Definitely musical. Had a skit with them making pasta, and another with them counting bananas

This is not a movie, it's a children's video called Kidsongs. The man in a globe suit was called Mr World and everywhere they went they sang a song representative of the country they were in. I think it was called "Around the World".

Dr. Doorknob
Jan 15, 2007
And The Amazing Electromagnetic Thing

Original Gamer posted:

One was about a girl who was Rainbow Brite-ish, but she loses all her color. So she spends the majority of the movie in white clothes traveling to different color lands/people, and in the end reunites them, restoring her colors and unity to the world. Probably musical.

That sounds a heck of a lot like Wee Sing in Sillyville -- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383050/
Someone's put the whole thing up on Youtube, too -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98QDqxo9K2s

Now I've got one -- I've been wondering about this movie for a while now, and my Google-fu has failed me.

It was an animated movie I remember watching when I was a wee kidlet in the late 80s. However, the only specific thing I can remember about it is a line from a song:
"You can do anything, as long as it's nothing in the Doldrums!"

...anyone have any ideas?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Dr. Doorknob posted:

Now I've got one -- I've been wondering about this movie for a while now, and my Google-fu has failed me.

It was an animated movie I remember watching when I was a wee kidlet in the late 80s. However, the only specific thing I can remember about it is a line from a song:
"You can do anything, as long as it's nothing in the Doldrums!"

...anyone have any ideas?

The Phantom Tollbooth

Dr. Doorknob
Jan 15, 2007
And The Amazing Electromagnetic Thing

FitFortDanga posted:

The Phantom Tollbooth

:aaa: May you conceive with the woman of your choice this evening, sir!

(unless, of course, you're a ma'am -- in which case, reverse the genders :))

Original Gamer
Sep 13, 2002

Original Gamer posted:

I've got three. All kids movies from the 80's (maybe early 90's) and all made for TV or straight to VHS if I remember correctly.

Second was a guy in a white room. Everything is white. He starts playing with objects in the room like a toy dinosaur and boombox. I think the objects make weird noises. I remember thinking it was very surreal as a kid. Also think that by using his imagination he starts to travel places but never leaves the room. Also probably musical

Last one is about a classroom of kids who are bored learning about geography, until the globe comes to life as a man in a globe suit, who takes them around the world showing them different cultures. Definatley musical. Had a skit with them making pasta, and another with them counting bananas

HUGE thanks to Dr. Doorknob and Topper Harley for identifying number 1 and 3, but someone has got to know the second movie. I know it had a lengthy title, and I almost want to say it was mentioned in a "name the title by the screencap" thread from awhile back, but I can't seem to find it.

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

i think this was one of the Living Dead remakes or sequals, but i don't know which one.
The one part i remember is this guy goes into what looks like a laboratory and there is a dog laying on the ground yipping and stuff. and he goes to pick it up and it's actually half of a dog, sliced in half.

Skywarps Hat
Sep 6, 2007
Skywarp has a nice hat.

Thats from Return of the Living Dead

http://imdb.com/title/tt0089907/

Skywarps Hat fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Feb 11, 2008

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

Skywarps Hat posted:

Thats from Return of the Living Dead

http://imdb.com/title/tt0089907/

thanks!

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
In Film class today we watched a little bit of a movie, and the professor never said what it was. It was dubbed in English. At the beginning of the clip, the main guy was walking through some huge marble building, and he kept walking through areas that alternated between light and shadow. Eventually he opened up some curtains to find a huge room with a guy behind a desk at the end of the room and a girl laying on the desk. In another clip, he was giving flowers to a girl in a striped dress. I think the girl said something along the lines of "Today I absolutely need your flowers." What movie is this? I want to see the rest of it.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

The Human Cow posted:

In Film class today we watched a little bit of a movie, and the professor never said what it was. It was dubbed in English. At the beginning of the clip, the main guy was walking through some huge marble building, and he kept walking through areas that alternated between light and shadow. Eventually he opened up some curtains to find a huge room with a guy behind a desk at the end of the room and a girl laying on the desk. In another clip, he was giving flowers to a girl in a striped dress. I think the girl said something along the lines of "Today I absolutely need your flowers." What movie is this? I want to see the rest of it.

You should ask your prof. It will make him happy you're interested and he'll probably even lend it to you to watch if you want. And it's an excuse to talk to your prof which is wicked good for your mark.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

The Human Cow posted:

Was it possibly Bertolucci's The Conformist?

If so, YES, you really do want to see the rest of it, because it's an incredibly good film.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

InfiniteZero posted:

If so, YES, you really do want to see the rest of it, because it's an incredibly good film.

That was my first thought, too, but I couldn't remember anything about flowers in it. I also thought of Last Year in Marienbad, but I doubt that's it.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

FitFortDanga posted:

That was my first thought, too, but I couldn't remember anything about flowers in it.
Marcello is carrying flowers in the shot where he's walking in front of the wall with all of the inscriptions on it.

Also, this is probably the lady in the striped dress that was mentioned:

bamber
Mar 6, 2003
dave
I remember watching a film a while ago with my parents about a pianist who tries to play some super complicated piece of music. It ends up driving him mental and I can remember him eating his cat's dinner at some point. I think it ends with him successfully performing the piece but then collapsing right at the end.

I was reminded of it at some point recently but for the life of me can’t track it down. Any help would be grateful!

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

bamber posted:

I remember watching a film a while ago with my parents about a pianist who tries to play some super complicated piece of music. It ends up driving him mental and I can remember him eating his cat's dinner at some point. I think it ends with him successfully performing the piece but then collapsing right at the end.

I was reminded of it at some point recently but for the life of me can’t track it down. Any help would be grateful!

i know Shine has a piano player that goes crazy. I don't remember if he collapses or not after performing. the composer was Rachmaninoff if he was trying to master. the movie's a biography about australian pianist david helfgot.

*edit: Yes. it's Shine. after further googling he DOES eat his cat's food and collapses after the performance.

Thoreau Like A Girl fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Feb 11, 2008

bamber
Mar 6, 2003
dave

Venialblur posted:

i know Shine has a piano player that goes crazy. I don't remember if he collapses or not after performing. the composer was Rachmaninoff if he was trying to master. the movie's a biography about australian pianist david helfgot.

the imdb page doesnt really ring any bells for me but maybe i dont remember the film correctly!

edit: cheers!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Crappy made-for-tv ghost movie (man, there were a TON of those between 93-96, weren't there?)

I missed the whole drat thing, but the last scene has a woman vaccuuming, and she hears the sound of many whispers behind her. She shuts the vaccuum off, and turns around... and it ends.

Another one had a scene where two people were in bed, and they woke up to see a silhouette of a man being displayed on their open door, from the light of the moon. Husband went out there after the silhouette moved, and there was no one there. I think the house was on top of some sort of old burial ground.

Forgone Conclusion
Aug 13, 2007
I saw a little bit of this movie once on TV. I can't remember the title.

It was black-and-white, and judging from the picture and sound quality, it was probably from the late 50s or early 60s.

The main character was a man, who, for some reason, was in a mental asylum, even though he was sane.

I remember one character pretty vividly. He was a black inmate who believed he was white and started the Ku Klux Klan in the asylum.

Anyone know what this is?

EDIT: grammar

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Forgone Conclusion posted:

I saw a little bit of this movie once on TV. I can't remember the title.

It was black-and-white, and judging from the picture and sound quality, it was probably from the late 50s or early 60s.

The main character was a man, who, for some reason, was in a mental asylum, even though he was sane.

I remember one character pretty vividly. He was a black inmate who believed he was white and started the Ku Klux Klan in the asylum.

Anyone know what this is?

EDIT: grammar

Shock Corridor

Forgone Conclusion
Aug 13, 2007

FitFortDanga posted:

Shock Corridor

That's the one! Thanks!

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

InfiniteZero posted:

Yeah, that's definitely it. Thanks much!

jmnmu
Nov 21, 2004
f
I caught just the end of a french film on TV about a month or two ago. It was in black and white, I'de guess was made in the 70's or 80's. I'm pretty sure it was from Quebec and the part I saw (last 15 minutes) was during the winter time. I can't remember too many specific details but it followed a couple and focused around a lot of romance. There was also a very memorable tracking shot of the couple going across the country side on a snow mobile.

Unless this is a fairly well known film I have a feeling that my description will be too vague. I'm still really interested in seeing the rest of the film though.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Crappy made-for-tv ghost movie (man, there were a TON of those between 93-96, weren't there?)

I missed the whole drat thing, but the last scene has a woman vaccuuming, and she hears the sound of many whispers behind her. She shuts the vaccuum off, and turns around... and it ends.

This one's based on a case that was on Unsolved Mysteries several times. The ending is such because the family gives up and moves to a completely different location (where she's vaccuuming). I remember this so clearly...but not the name of the movie.

Earlier on they have a psychic walk around the house who determines there's four spirits in it. At one point the evil one (some woman in bad makeup and a bizarrely colored gown) pins down and attacks one of the family members briefly. They also consult these new age folk who spread some "flower of God" water around the house which makes it smell good and stops the ghosts for a while, then the mother is "pushed" down the stairs while bringing up laundry...but BY WHAT?!

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
I think that's The Haunted.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Action Jacktion posted:

I think that's The Haunted.

gently caress, I read the 'tag line' as "When the Smurf family moves into a duplex, they find out its haunted" and thought 'what the hell? No.'

But yeah, that's probably it. Yay Jeffrey DeMunn!

dreadnought
Dec 28, 2006

:rolleyes:
I saw a few minutes of a movie last Saturday on CBS around 3 AM. It had two Irish guys in a park, most likely Central Park, talking to each other. One of them had dark hair and was named Ronnie, the other had light red must have been named after either a day or a month because he was talking to Ronnie about how his mom couldn't read very well, and when he was born she accidentally put the date where the name should be...or something. There were voiceovers too. I thought it might have been the Boondock Saints, but the names don't match up.
Sorry this is so vague.

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

dreadnought posted:

I saw a few minutes of a movie last Saturday on CBS around 3 AM. It had two Irish guys in a park, most likely Central Park, talking to each other. One of them had dark hair and was named Ronnie, the other had light red must have been named after either a day or a month because he was talking to Ronnie about how his mom couldn't read very well, and when he was born she accidentally put the date where the name should be...or something. There were voiceovers too. I thought it might have been the Boondock Saints, but the names don't match up.
Sorry this is so vague.

A Good Night to Die
http://imdb.com/title/tt0203536/
the guy's name was August.

Viz_Ru
Jan 12, 2008
I have 3 I watched as a kid and have been dying to find out what they were for the longest time.

1. It's a movie about a kid who for some reason get's lost or something (can't remember) and ends up in a space ship (looks like a generic flying saucer) and the space ship goes forwards in time and he ends up meeting his parents again. His brother is telling him about how he had to go around putting lost signs every sunday for months...etc. He's in a lab and people are studying him, he has astrological maps in his mind or something. I saw it mid-90's I think.

2. This one is an anime (movie), but I can barely remember anything, I stayed up very late on weekends watching the space channel and was half-asleep while watching this one. It was about a female only crew on a space ship and the universe seems to have sort of factions, they are hailed by another female only armada of ships...etc. Don't remember much, but, space ships + all female + space... lol.

3. This one is also an anime (movie), in this one the main character has essentially green lantern type powers and it's got some DBZ like elements.

Anything is much appreciated.
-V

Skywarps Hat
Sep 6, 2007
Skywarp has a nice hat.

Viz_Ru posted:

1. It's a movie about a kid who for some reason get's lost or something (can't remember) and ends up in a space ship (looks like a generic flying saucer) and the space ship goes forwards in time and he ends up meeting his parents again. His brother is telling him about how he had to go around putting lost signs every sunday for months...etc. He's in a lab and people are studying him, he has astrological maps in his mind or something. I saw it mid-90's I think.

The Flight of the Navigator , I think.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0091059/

Viz_Ru
Jan 12, 2008

Skywarps Hat posted:

The Flight of the Navigator , I think.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0091059/

<3. Thank you SO much.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Viz_Ru posted:

2. This one is an anime (movie), but I can barely remember anything, I stayed up very late on weekends watching the space channel and was half-asleep while watching this one. It was about a female only crew on a space ship and the universe seems to have sort of factions, they are hailed by another female only armada of ships...etc. Don't remember much, but, space ships + all female + space... lol.
Gall Force?

Skywarps Hat
Sep 6, 2007
Skywarp has a nice hat.

Viz_Ru posted:

3. This one is also an anime (movie), in this one the main character has essentially green lantern type powers and it's got some DBZ like elements.

Assuming you also saw this on the space channel, it might have been Space Warrior 2 aka Chojin Locke

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0294448/

But Im completely guessing here.

Viz_Ru
Jan 12, 2008
lol, how is this possible?

You guys rock!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Okay, this is a mid-90s comedy-drama about a bunch of 11-year old kids who live in Salt Lake City and like the Utah Jazz, and they think they witness one of their neighbors committing a murder. The fat kid in the group says "butts" all the time.

girlvirus
Jul 3, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Okay, this is a mid-90s comedy-drama about a bunch of 11-year old kids who live in Salt Lake City and like the Utah Jazz, and they think they witness one of their neighbors committing a murder. The fat kid in the group says "butts" all the time.

Clubhouse Detectives
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0115916/

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I've posted this before but no-one responded, so i am trying again (probably bad form, but this has been driving me nuts for years):

This is a film that a friend and I saw on TV aged about 13 or so - roughly 1988, but it looked like it was a few years old already, so we're looking early to mind 80s. It might have been based on a true story. Two brothers are orphaned. The state has nowhere to put them so they are put into a juvenile detention facility. It's hardcore rough. One scene stuck in my mind traumatically, where a kid gets raped by other kids one night after lights out. The rapists slide from bed to bed in the dorm along the polished floor on blankets, pulling themselves along the metal bedframes. In the morning one kid is left lying in bed in the foetal position, One of the guards comes up and asks what's wrong, and when the sheet is lifted the mattress is soaked in blood around his pelvic area. Freaked me out. Any ideas?

The only scene I might recall involves a tractor, prior to the parents' death? Maybe they were farmers?

It isn't Sleepers (much earlier than that).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn
A black and white film about a gentleman who collects women's brains. At one point in the movie, he sees and is attracted to a smokin' blonde, and pursues her, until she finally speaks, and she has this high voice, sort of squeaky, and it's a total turnoff for him.

Made at least before 10 years ago, because that's when I saw it on television for the first time.