Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Jose Cuervo posted:

In the pilot new CBS comedy 'Welcome to the Captain' when the main character is in RAquel Welch's apartment jazz music starts up. If anyone could tell me the name of the tune I would appreciate it.

well I had to sit through half that lovely show but the song is Wham! - Careless Whisper. the sax riff you hear when he walks in the apartment is at about 1:26 in the song.

PissFilledCumBubble fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Feb 10, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

Map to Buried Pleasure posted:

Could it be Ben Folds Five - Underground?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1gq4mQh6UA

It sure is, thanks!

Jose Cuervo
Aug 25, 2004

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

well I had to sit through half that lovely show but the song is Wham! - Careless Whisper. the sax riff you hear when he walks in the apartment is at about 1:26 in the song.

Thanks alot. It was getting on my nerves not knowing this song. Appreciate it, and yeah it is a lovely show.

Water Cucumber
Mar 16, 2007

Feelin' so good!
The beginning of the song sounds something like...

wheeee ewwwww

then the pitche goes up to

WHEEE EWWWW

or whaaa ohhhh

Its not a fast song, I think it had decent radio play a little while back but I can't think of it.

Hearst
Dec 8, 2006

Don't be afraid to make a mistake, your readers might like it.
This song I remember from the early-mid 90's. It has someone that sounds like MJK jr. giving a passionate speech over the music. Very mellow. theres a piano. And there is a white sounding guy mumbling the lyrics and sings:

doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo

I know, not very descriptive but I hope I can ring a bell.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
I'm pretty sure this is what you're looking for:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LKVZ4NTfUc

cindolent
Aug 28, 2006
I was watching the new episode of skins, and there's a song I need to know the name of. I tried typing som of the lyrics in google but got nothing.

It's in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LbFjSKC2Go

It starts at 1:45 and goes until about 3:10.

Hearst
Dec 8, 2006

Don't be afraid to make a mistake, your readers might like it.

jeff8472 posted:

I'm pretty sure this is what you're looking for:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LKVZ4NTfUc

YES! thanks gooner.

some_weird_kid
Mar 16, 2004

My popcorn is cautiously and provisionally RDY
I wish I had known about this thread earlier, so I could have posted it when it was a little more timely. This request is primarily for Australians or, I suppose, Australian music enthusiasts.

I studied abroad in Australia from June through mid-August this past year (2007) and there was a song that was often played in the different bars and clubs that we went out to during that time. It was a pretty standard rock song, and I believe it was done by a Sydney-based band, only because one of the bands that covered it said something like "This one is from right here in Sydney." I've looked into the Australian charts from 2007, and couldn't find it among them.

Like I said, it got a lot of club play over that period of months, and it seemed universally known among the people wherever we went. I'd hate to lead anyone astray, but it was kind of Foo Fighters-esque. It may not be an Australian band, but I haven't heard it anywhere else.

Pibborando San
Dec 11, 2004

oh yes. two kinds... of dances
This isn't really "help me identify a song" but rather "help me find where to get a song." I couldn't think of any better place to ask this. Anyway, I Monster have a remix of their song "Who is She?" to listen to on their website. It's called The Slag Mix. It's a pretty kick rear end mix but I can't find any info on this anywhere on the net. They've also got two new (to me) songs: Cowboy and Mansheens which I can't find any info on either.

Chop Licker
Apr 25, 2005

by mons al-madeen

Water Cucumber posted:

The beginning of the song sounds something like...

wheeee ewwwww

then the pitche goes up to

WHEEE EWWWW

or whaaa ohhhh

Its not a fast song, I think it had decent radio play a little while back but I can't think of it.

Gwen Stefani ft. Akon - Sweet Escape, I bet.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

cindolent posted:

I was watching the new episode of skins, and there's a song I need to know the name of. I tried typing som of the lyrics in google but got nothing.

It's in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LbFjSKC2Go

It starts at 1:45 and goes until about 3:10.

Day One - Bad Before Good?

cindolent
Aug 28, 2006

Day One - Bad Before Good?

Yes, thankyou.

Jive One
Sep 11, 2001

I was dicking around on youtube and I ran into this video about Rezso Seress's Gloomy Sunday. As interesting as that song is, it's the gothic-sounding song used for the intro that I want to find out about. Anyone know the composer and/or title?

Edit: Found it, it's apparently the theme from the movie Hellraiser.

Jive One fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Feb 12, 2008

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One
I'm wondering what song was used in this Youtube video.

Any help would be great!

Spider Crusoe
Jan 30, 2005

Rivfader posted:

I'm wondering what song was used in this Youtube video.

Any help would be great!
It sounds like a remix or instrumental version of B.O.B. by Outkast.

Spider Crusoe fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 12, 2008

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

deglaze|2 posted:

if it's back and forth on a ramp then i think it's on the propellerheads-drumsdecksandrockandroll album.

I am looking for a song with composed music and a female african american vocalist. The only line I can remember is either "a flower is born", or "a child is born" or something. Also the chorus is pretty dramatic because an actual chorus is singing it.
thanks

wow. thank you. that was it

Pulling Teeth
Jan 13, 2008
My Cadillac got that bass

some_weird_kid posted:

I wish I had known about this thread earlier, so I could have posted it when it was a little more timely. This request is primarily for Australians or, I suppose, Australian music enthusiasts.

I studied abroad in Australia from June through mid-August this past year (2007) and there was a song that was often played in the different bars and clubs that we went out to during that time. It was a pretty standard rock song, and I believe it was done by a Sydney-based band, only because one of the bands that covered it said something like "This one is from right here in Sydney." I've looked into the Australian charts from 2007, and couldn't find it among them.

Like I said, it got a lot of club play over that period of months, and it seemed universally known among the people wherever we went. I'd hate to lead anyone astray, but it was kind of Foo Fighters-esque. It may not be an Australian band, but I haven't heard it anywhere else.

I've no idea, but maybe http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/hottest100/ has it listed? That's 100 of the most popular songs amongst younger listeners from the last year.

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One

Spider Crusoe posted:

It sounds like a remix or instrumental version of B.O.B. by Outkast.

That's it, thanks. :)

Now to find me an instrumental only version.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Pibborando San posted:

This isn't really "help me identify a song" but rather "help me find where to get a song." I couldn't think of any better place to ask this. Anyway, I Monster have a remix of their song "Who is She?" to listen to on their website. It's called The Slag Mix. It's a pretty kick rear end mix but I can't find any info on this anywhere on the net. They've also got two new (to me) songs: Cowboy and Mansheens which I can't find any info on either.

this may or may not help, but with google I found 2 or 3 different torrent sites with "Cowboy" and "Masheens" available as bonus tracks, so you should be able to download the tracks that way.

global gobby goon
Jun 22, 2007

Lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven;
lower your eyelids to die with the sun.
Does anyone know a ska/reggae type song with lyrics something along the lines of"Tell them you're sorry but there's a way to change your wrong to right" then "It's a struggle, every day we're stressing", and the chorus goes "everybody's fine, we're alright"(something like that I'm really not sure). It was on a mix cd with The Expendables and Sublime, if that helps with it's genre.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

Onion Head Cat posted:

Does anyone know a ska/reggae type song with lyrics something along the lines of"Tell them you're sorry but there's a way to change your wrong to right" then "It's a struggle, every day we're stressing", and the chorus goes "everybody's fine, we're alright"(something like that I'm really not sure). It was on a mix cd with The Expendables and Sublime, if that helps with it's genre.

You want Feeling Alright by Rebelution. Their website is here.

global gobby goon
Jun 22, 2007

Lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven;
lower your eyelids to die with the sun.

Sweetwater Kill posted:

You want Feeling Alright by Rebelution. Their website is here.

Thank you kindly!

hoho`win
Mar 7, 2003
I am trying to remember the name of a song. All I have to go on is a small part of the lyrics that aren’t showing up on google. It’s a female singer, kinda sounds like Joanna Newsom. It goes something like, ‘come on you’ve got cum on your face’ and ‘Hell man……..Hellman’s’

Thanks!

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

hoho`win posted:

I am trying to remember the name of a song. All I have to go on is a small part of the lyrics that aren’t showing up on google. It’s a female singer, kinda sounds like Joanna Newsom. It goes something like, ‘come on you’ve got cum on your face’ and ‘Hell man……..Hellman’s’

Thanks!

Kimya Dawson - Velvet Rabbit

code:
This isn't a come on, so come on, let's face it
The come on your face is really just mayonnaise
It was on your sandwich, but then you misplaced it
Now you're going to hell, man

radiohead13
Feb 16, 2007
anyone know the song that's playing when Ewan McGregor sees the hot chick, Diane i think it is, in Trainspotting?

the frist time, in the bar

Julien Sorel
Jan 27, 2006

Voted Worst Marksman of 1830

radiohead13 posted:

anyone know the song that's playing when Ewan McGregor sees the hot chick, Diane i think it is, in Trainspotting?

the frist time, in the bar

It's been a long time since I've seen the movie but I'm pretty sure it's "Atomic" by the group Sleeper. It's also a cover of a Blondie song.

radiohead13
Feb 16, 2007
awesome thanks

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

HThomp3120 posted:

This song I remember from the early-mid 90's. It has someone that sounds like MJK jr. giving a passionate speech over the music. Very mellow. theres a piano. And there is a white sounding guy mumbling the lyrics and sings:

I know, not very descriptive but I hope I can ring a bell.

"Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth With Money In my Hand" by Primitive Radio Gods (the "speech" is a sample of a B.B. King song)

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
ok, I know I'm not giving you guys much, but I heard this one hip-hop song on the radio, and the only line I could remember was "even diabetics get injected"... Well, I googled the phrase, and I got nothing... any ideas?

side note: yes, I know that particular line is kinda lame, but I remember the song being very catchy...

hoho`win
Mar 7, 2003

Kimya Dawson - Velvet Rabbit

code:
This isn't a come on, so come on, let's face it
The come on your face is really just mayonnaise
It was on your sandwich, but then you misplaced it
Now you're going to hell, man

Thank you!
I was way off with the Joanna Newsom.

hoho`win fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Feb 14, 2008

Revolucion
Nov 2, 2004
removed.

Revolucion fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 29, 2020

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Anybody recognize this song? (WARNING: Starts out quiet, gets a lot louder at the thirteen-second mark) Might be tough, since there's no lyrics. I've got nothing to go on but what you hear in the clip. I ask because of the unnerving similarity to the Beatles' "Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill".

Julien Sorel
Jan 27, 2006

Voted Worst Marksman of 1830

Max22 posted:

Anybody recognize this song? (WARNING: Starts out quiet, gets a lot louder at the thirteen-second mark) Might be tough, since there's no lyrics. I've got nothing to go on but what you hear in the clip. I ask because of the unnerving similarity to the Beatles' "Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill".

Da Funk - Daft Punk

Samples from Barry White's "I'm Gonna Love you Just a Little More Babe".

Nicolas
Apr 9, 2005

they'll be afraid
because they don't have any faith
they'll claim that they believe but that is not how they behave
The video starts off with the image of a record player with a Mr. Oizo Flat Beat/ Daft Punkish sound beat coming in. The vocals are from a woman. There are people in the video wearing deer masks and having a party with a lot of dancing.

I figured this would be easy to find given the fact that I used to have this video in quicktime format. I've done hours of searching for videos or electronic music with deer mask videos. It seemed like a professional music video.

thanks for any ideas in advance.

Poppycoke
Dec 22, 2006

Miaow
First one I've got is a song that has the line

'It's going to hurt but i'll have to say goodbye'

or something similar. I have no idea to the melody i just have this phrase stuck in my head. Second goes along the lines of:

'I never ever thought it could happen,
no I never ever thought it could happen,
but it really is the end of the line.'

I am almost positive it is from a 90s britpop band but I can't place my finger on it. Also the 'h' is not pronounced in each of the 'happen's.

If anyone could help me out I would love you forever and ever.

some_weird_kid
Mar 16, 2004

My popcorn is cautiously and provisionally RDY

Pulling Teeth posted:

I've no idea, but maybe http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/hottest100/ has it listed? That's 100 of the most popular songs amongst younger listeners from the last year.

I'm very grateful for the list, as I hadn't stumbled across that particular one on my own. Unfortunately, after listening to every song on the list, I didn't find it. :( The only thing I can think of to add is that a cover band played it at 3 Wise Monkeys in Sydney, and that might indicate that it's a little older than 2007, and maybe just a song that still gets a fair amount of play. Can anyone think of a song that matches those qualifications? Australian, pre-2007, still get a fair amount of play in bars, standard rock feel? I know it's vague, and I wish I could remember any of the lyrics or music to go by, but I identify a lot of fun times with that song, and I'd love to have it to listen to regularly. Thanks!

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One

Poppycoke posted:

Second goes along the lines of:

'I never ever thought it could happen,
no I never ever thought it could happen,
but it really is the end of the line.'

If anyone could help me out I would love you forever and ever.

Travis - Driftwood perhaps?

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

cuttin' cat faces in the pines.

bigperm posted:

These are the songs from that episode, see if any of them are it.

"In The Mood" by The Glenn Miller Orchestra

Thanks!

I have another one. I heard it at about noon today on 94.7 in Portland. It was a live version of a slow, acoustic, very happy song sung by a male. The main gist of the song was about staying inside because it's raining and ignoring the alarm and cuddling in bed, I think. The last few lines of the song were lyrics to Stir It Up by Bob Marley. It was a pleasant little song, but for some reason it's not on their playlist on the KNRK website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Poppycoke posted:

First one I've got is a song that has the line

'It's going to hurt but i'll have to say goodbye'

or something similar. I have no idea to the melody i just have this phrase stuck in my head.

The Coral - Dreaming of You

it played on an episode of Scrubs in 2002, if that helps

chachu posted:

Thanks!

I have another one. I heard it at about noon today on 94.7 in Portland. It was a live version of a slow, acoustic, very happy song sung by a male. The main gist of the song was about staying inside because it's raining and ignoring the alarm and cuddling in bed, I think. The last few lines of the song were lyrics to Stir It Up by Bob Marley. It was a pleasant little song, but for some reason it's not on their playlist on the KNRK website.

maybe O.A.R. - Night Shift?

PissFilledCumBubble fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Feb 17, 2008