Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Google Ron Paul
Jul 12, 2003

What was your face before Max Factor was born?

DeusExMachina posted:

I'm trying to find the date or possibly an MP3 of the episode that spawned the "the world is your oyster" drop. Anyone know which one this is? I remember hearing it live. It seemed that Adam was pretty drunk/high, and I think he came in late to the show. Anyone have any information on this?

That may have been a Tori Amos episode, where she was jabbering on in her own unique style, and Adam comes out with that.

Same episode that the "gold dust moments" of Tori's came from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe

Google Ron Paul posted:

That may have been a Tori Amos episode, where she was jabbering on in her own unique style, and Adam comes out with that.

Same episode that the "gold dust moments" of Tori's came from.

Having just heard the "gold dust moments" episode, I can confirm that the oyster drop came well before that.

BiscuitErsedRenton
May 28, 2006

Depression, boredom... You feel so fucking low, you want to fucking top yourself.
This one is great:

http://shows.lovelinearchive.com/Loveline%20-%202003-11-10%20(Guest%20-%20Triumph%20the%20Insult%20Comic%20Dog).mp3

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog

About 1/4 in, I love when Adam mentions Linkin Park being the guest for the next show and Triumph goes "yesh, I love those guys; the Chinese guy and Chester. All the songs sound the same, they all sound like

I'm a chinese guy, I'm a rapping guy
I'm a chinese guy, I'm a rapping guy

AND I AM SCREAMING!"

Edit: crap, sorry about the tables.

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma
Guys, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE direct me to a 'Pedif Isle' show (as described on the previous page)? God, I really want to hear it again but have forgotten what date the show was!

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
He pitched Pedif Isle pretty early in 2005 if I remember correctly. I think it might have been when Kelly Hu was a guest, but I could be wrong. Should be close to that timeframe at least.

I know he also brought it back later in the year with Eric Balfour, which was also a good show. The Eric Balfour show is great because Adam gets Drew to do some voice acting as the ghost of the cub scout leader trying to inspire Eric's Eagle Scout character to lead the kids away from the pedophiles.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

bigbowlowrong posted:

Guys, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE direct me to a 'Pedif Isle' show (as described on the previous page)? God, I really want to hear it again but have forgotten what date the show was!

He also pitched it to TV giant Stephen J Cannell on his morning show recently. Go here and search for "Stephen J Cannell" to find it, though I think the original Loveline pitches were funnier.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

bigbowlowrong posted:

http://shows.lovelinearchive.com/Loveline%20-%202005-03-07%20(Dr.%20Bruce%20and%20Guest%20-%20Madchen%20Amick).mp3

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.
I read Drew's book Cracked last night. It's so weird how much he's changed since he wrote that. He's gotten so serious as of late. I blame Adam's absence.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

TheBigBad posted:

I read Drew's book Cracked last night. It's so weird how much he's changed since he wrote that. He's gotten so serious as of late. I blame Adam's absence.
Is it any good? What's it focus on? Any highlights you'd care to share?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
One of my favorite moments came back to me and I am dying to hear it again.

Adam tells the story of the time he went all the way to San Diego in the hopes of spending a weekend with a girl he met five months earlier only to be disappointed at how much weight she had put on during their time apart. The story was told in the context of how men are not equipped to say "No!" to a woman's advances.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

UltraRed posted:

I read Cracked a while ago and I really liked it. It's sort of like Celebrity Rehab in that he tells the story of several people in his clinic, but it's from his point of view and how he feels about it. The stories are really good and there's even a chapter about doing Loveline with Adam. After reading what goes on at his rehab clinic I was amazed he could joke around with Adam every night especially after having patients relapse or die all the time.

P.S. are many people podcasting Dr. Drew Live on KGIL? It's really good.

edit:

Just found this on YouTube even though it's old, it's great. The Adam Carolla Show and The Howard Stern Show connect live and "interview" each other. Both shows are live on the air talking to each other. It's bizarre. Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5

Malachi Constant fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Feb 13, 2008

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
This episode with Dean Cain might be Adam's finest show. I think it's a perfect episode:

http://rapidshare.com/files/91570972/Loveline_-_2004-09-22__Guest_-_Dean_Cain_.mp3

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.

UltraRed posted:

If you like Drew's medical theories it's really really good. He's an incredibly passionate man, and Adam used to say that tongue in cheek, but this book kind of gives you a look at why that statement is true.

It really shows kind of highlights his transformation from the celebrity doctor with white knight syndrome to more of an aloof clinical doctor type. I just remember from back in the day, Dr Drew was more compassionate and concerned than he is right now, this kinda shows you how and why that came about. When he comes in tired and is a bit cranky... there's a good reason. He runs his father's practice, his clinic, plus loveline, plus he does talks year round at schools and colleges, plus he's a devoted father.

Lusy
Oct 1, 2005
I'm a guy

DeusExMachina posted:

I'm trying to find the date or possibly an MP3 of the episode that spawned the "the world is your oyster" drop. Anyone know which one this is? I remember hearing it live. It seemed that Adam was pretty drunk/high, and I think he came in late to the show. Anyone have any information on this?

I can't tell you which episode it's from specifically, but it's from 2001 sometime. The story is that Adam and Jimmy had done a Man Show bit where they dressed up as pilots and got drunk. They were wandering around the airport and talking to people and then they'd ask them "so what flight are you on?" and then they'd respond "oh yeah, I'm the pilot on that flight", all while visibly drunk. They taped this and Adam had to rush across town to get to the studio in time for Loveline. He made it a little late (I think) and was still pretty drunk. He kept dropping gems like the "world is your oyster" drop all night much to Drew's chagrin. At one point Drew even says "please please, for the love of god, never come in here drunk again" or something to that effect. It's a fantastic episode if you can find it.

Lusy fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Feb 15, 2008

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm just listening to the August 4, 2003 show on the random stream, and not only does it feature David Alan Grier, but an absolutely hilarious call where Dr. Drew keeps using "urban talk"

DownCrashing
Sep 10, 2001

Lusy posted:

I can't tell you which episode it's from specifically, but it's from 2001 sometime. The story is that Adam and Jimmy had done a Man Show bit where they dressed up as pilots and got drunk. They were wandering around the airport and talking to people and then they'd ask them "so what flight are you on?" and then they'd respond "oh yeah, I'm the pilot on that flight", all while visibly drunk. They taped this and Adam had to rush across town to get to the studio in time for Loveline. He made it a little late (I think) and was still pretty drunk. He kept dropping gems like the "world is your oyster" drop all night much to Drew's chagrin. At one point Drew even says "please please, for the love of god, never come in here drunk again" or something to that effect. It's a fantastic episode if you can find it.

I just stumbled upon this one. Its the March 21st 2001 show.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

dammit... now, even though I hate anderson, I'm starting to use his bumps in real life. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CARES! is becoming part of my vernacular.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

DeusExMachina posted:

Lusy posted:

DownCrashing posted:

I just stumbled upon this one. Its the March 21st 2001 show.

To clarify this confusing chain of replies:

-The March 21st, 2001 show DOES feature Adam drunk after coming from the Drunk Pilot Man Show skit

-It DOES NOT include origin or of the "World is your oyster" drop, or of any "oyster" drops from Anderson. I think that drop's origin is pre-2001.

-In the March 21st show Adam DOESN'T drop banal generalities like the "oyster" drop, but Drew DOES ask Adam never to come in drunk again.

-Adam says he was "late" but not so late that he couldn't start the show on time.

-It IS an excellent show, I really enjoyed the cast of "First Years" pretty much openly acknowledging their shows doomed status ("See it while you can"). They never mention the show after the first break or so, and very comfortable discussing Loveline material.

(The show only filmed 8 episodes, no idea how many aired.)

Malachi Constant fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Feb 16, 2008

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma
I would like to say thank you to SA for introducing me to this wonderful show, by the way. I have been following this since late in the first Loveline thread and count myself as what I presume to be one of the few fans of the show in Australia.

Also thanks for the link to the Eric Balfour show with the Pedif Isle pitch, it was great. A pissed off caller also hung up on them near the end of the same show which was equally hilarious because she was a massive dumbass.:D

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

bigbowlowrong posted:

Also thanks for the link to the Eric Balfour show with the Pedif Isle pitch, it was great. A pissed off caller also hung up on them near the end of the same show which was equally hilarious because she was a massive dumbass.:D

http://shows.lovelinearchive.com/Loveline%20-%202005-03-07%20(Dr.%20Bruce%20and%20Guest%20-%20Madchen%20Amick).mp3
This is the original episode where he came up with PedifIsle.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I found an interesting contrast. Listen to these two shows back to back.

(April 8, 2001) Compare the "Pro-Life" vs. "Pro-Choice" debate on this famous show.

with

this show with an "Abstinence Only" advocate, about two months later.

I love Adam's attitudes to each of these guests. In the first he holds almost nothing back since the "Pro-Life" advocate is really lying. In the second show he busts her chops heartily where she leans on religious ideas, but freely agrees with her when she makes sense ("We agree . . . good luck, but we agree"). Also, the second guest is much more willing to go with the flow of the show, which helps.

I think Adam is a skeptic even thought he doesn't know it.

edit: I think forced "Abstinence Only" education is pretty much useless, but I appreciate this person's general idea of teaching it though private funds, though I don't doubt she'd be happy to receive public money.

Malachi Constant fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Feb 21, 2008

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Malachi Constant posted:

I found an interesting contrast. Listen to these two shows back to back.

(April 8, 2001) Compare the "Pro-Life" vs. "Pro-Choice" debate on this famous show.

with

this show with an "Abstinence Only" advocate, about two months later.

I love Adam's attitudes to each of these guests. In the first he holds almost nothing back since the "Pro-Life" advocate is really lying. In the second show he busts her chops heartily where she leans on religious ideas, but freely agrees with her when she makes sense ("We agree . . . good luck, but we agree"). Also, the second guest is much more willing to go with the flow of the show, which helps.

I think Adam is a skeptic even thought he doesn't know it.

edit: I think forced "Abstinence Only" education is pretty much useless, but I appreciate this person's general idea of teaching it though private funds, though I don't doubt she'd be happy to receive public money.

Well the difference is that Adam is so concerned with self-preservation, he wants to stop EVERYONE from having kids so he doesn't have to pay for the screwed up ones to get fixed, which is why he agrees with the abstinence advocate. The pro-life chick is against the morning after pill but not the normal birth control pill, even when Drew tells her they are exactly the same thing, so Adam is pissed because she's just a "bitch" who "can't get laid and wants to stop everyone else from getting laid."

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.
So apparently Adam is supposed to be on Dancing with the Stars next season....what?!

subscreet
Jul 1, 2007

Colonel Whitey posted:

Well the difference is that Adam is so concerned with self-preservation, he wants to stop EVERYONE from having kids so he doesn't have to pay for the screwed up ones to get fixed, which is why he agrees with the abstinence advocate. The pro-life chick is against the morning after pill but not the normal birth control pill, even when Drew tells her they are exactly the same thing, so Adam is pissed because she's just a "bitch" who "can't get laid and wants to stop everyone else from getting laid."
I love how Adam totally rips her apart. The best thing is it's totally legitimate. He's a little bit of a dick at times, but Adam, Drew, and the other lady are clearly the voice of reason.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

So apparently Adam is supposed to be on Dancing with the Stars next season....what?!

hahahahah get ready for gold

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

And Penn Jilette. It's going to be hilarious.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
The morning he announced Dancing With the Stars on his show was great. He said that the only person he had told about the upcoming project was his wife, and the first thing she said was that he better not run off with his dancing partner. He explained that he would only do that if he was paired up with the 19yr old dancer, who he had gushed about before on the show. He said this not knowing who his partner was going to be.

He didn't know who his partner was until she was introduced to him on that morning's show, and they brought her in during the next segment. Turns out, Lynette had better be worried; he is paired up with the 19yr old he wanted, Julianne Hough. She had a romance with both partners that she won with the past two seasons.

And, yeah, Penn Jilette, are you loving kidding me? I actually think Adam has a bit of a chance; he's got great footwork and balance from boxing, but I don't see Penn being able to move.

Vegas has Penn listed as having the worst odds at 30-1. I think Adam is third from worst at 20-1.

theflosquito
Feb 20, 2005
In rod we trust!

TheBigBad posted:

Really? I see a LOT of Adam's personality in Drew that comes through in Celebrity Rehab. I think that on his show, Drew is surrounded by so many serious guests, and never takes funny calls, and that's why he's more serious.

I love how if you listen to a really old loveline episode, and then a 2005 one, you see how Drew changed to talk so much more like Adam. It's cute.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Is anybody else having trouble downloading from the archive?

I wanted to download a couple of shows before I went to work and it does'nt look like it's happening :(

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Revol posted:

And, yeah, Penn Jilette, are you loving kidding me? I actually think Adam has a bit of a chance; he's got great footwork and balance from boxing, but I don't see Penn being able to move.

I just hope Penn is paired up with the shortest chick on the show. A foot and a half or better height difference would be absolutely amazing.

Dingus Egg
May 23, 2005

Legend has it the world was hatched from a dingus egg.
Goddamnit, lovelinearchive.com is down until the 1st again. :( Guess it gives me an opportunity to switch from listening to 2001 shows, and grab some of the way later ones though.

Absolut Mike
Oct 22, 2004

Primae noctis menage a trois.
One of the funniest bits Adam and Drew did was "Drew's Fantasy Answer" where Adam would impersonate a dumb caller with a dramatic problem and Drew would give the worst advice he could.

They rarely did this and Drew playing off Adam's ridiculous scenarios without skipping a beat was priceless.

Does anyone know the dates of some episodes where they featured this?

caffeinefree
Aug 5, 2003

2010: Year of M&M

Absolut Mike posted:

One of the funniest bits Adam and Drew did was "Drew's Fantasy Answer" where Adam would impersonate a dumb caller with a dramatic problem and Drew would give the worst advice he could.

They rarely did this and Drew playing off Adam's ridiculous scenarios without skipping a beat was priceless.

Does anyone know the dates of some episodes where they featured this?

Early 2002, like March, April and May, Drew did this a few times an episode. Sorry I can't give you specifics, but I definitely remember this being used quite a few times during that time span

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
Anyone been able to connect to the Random Loveline server lately? It seems like they changed IPs but I can't quite connect to the new IP.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

I have trouble connecting some times too, but then an hour later I can. Maybe they're full and can't take any more connections.

Un-mode
Dec 20, 2006

Judakel posted:

One of my favorite moments came back to me and I am dying to hear it again.

Adam tells the story of the time he went all the way to San Diego in the hopes of spending a weekend with a girl he met five months earlier only to be disappointed at how much weight she had put on during their time apart. The story was told in the context of how men are not equipped to say "No!" to a woman's advances.

Jesus, I just came across this episode a few weeks ago, but there's no way I'm going to be able to figure out which one it is. It's definitely 2002 with no guest, if that helps narrow things down at all.

Also, lovelinecentral.com is where I go when lovelinearchive is down, they have most of the same shows.

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma

Evil Vin posted:

Anyone been able to connect to the Random Loveline server lately? It seems like they changed IPs but I can't quite connect to the new IP.
No, it's just that because the archive has shut down because of bandwidth issues, a flood of Loveline addicts are now on the stream. Only 200 people are permitted to connect to the stream at a time - if you're really patient you can spend 30 minutes trying to connect in the vain hope that you'll click 'Open URL' JUST as the 200th listener disconnects.

Refer to this handy real time graph to see why you're having trouble!:haw:

http://loveline.phil21.net/graphs.html

Sir Liquid Jerk
Aug 10, 2002
I have Ham Armor +5!

bigbowlowrong posted:

No, it's just that because the archive has shut down because of bandwidth issues, a flood of Loveline addicts are now on the stream. Only 200 people are permitted to connect to the stream at a time - if you're really patient you can spend 30 minutes trying to connect in the vain hope that you'll click 'Open URL' JUST as the 200th listener disconnects.

Refer to this handy real time graph to see why you're having trouble!:haw:

http://loveline.phil21.net/graphs.html

If you're using Winamp to listen click repeat and it will auto try to connect and you can get in within a few minutes.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

TheBigBad posted:

dammit... now, even though I hate anderson, I'm starting to use his bumps in real life. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CARES! is becoming part of my vernacular.
You're gay.

Malachi Constant posted:

-In the March 21st show Adam DOESN'T drop banal generalities like the "oyster" drop, but Drew DOES ask Adam never to come in drunk again.
I really think this is true. I've listened to all the 2001 shows that are part of the big 40 gig torrent and the original source of the oyster drop is not in there. In the earliest usages of that drop that I can recall, it's already old enough that they can't remember where it came from. Adam just says things like "I swear I was joking when I said that."

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

Congratulations, producers. You've finally found a way to get me to watch reality TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma

Sir Liquid Jerk posted:

If you're using Winamp to listen click repeat and it will auto try to connect and you can get in within a few minutes.
Or use lovelinecentral or the many many other ways to get your fix in savable mp3 form.

EDIT: Someone give me a recommendation. I'm looking for something with an 'angry Adam blowing up at a retarded caller' flavour.

bigbowlowrong fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Feb 29, 2008

• Locked thread