Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

greenman100 posted:

Does anyone have suggestions for ultra high-res pictures of sweet bikes?

Like 3xxx by 2xxx at least...?

Bikewalls.com is about as close as you're going to get for that high a resolution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Hooray for a day at the track...despite it being febuary and 54 degrees at streets of willow, the rain stayed away and i had the chance to screw about on my new SV for a day. I shot some video too, but i don't have a way to get it off the camera...:argh: retarded sony software.

I was pretty happy to get my suspension set up, and despite not having any gauges, just a lap timer and a temp gauge, i managed to pull some pretty consistant laps. I also decided that i did not like leather knee sliders.

Here's some random pics from the track.

I'm using a tear off because they didn't have any dark smoke shields for the OGK in stock anywhere :(

In the end, I just wanted to get the bike out there and see how it worked/get the suspension setup and try to turn some consistant laps, and not kill myself after 7 months off the track.

Turn 8 (The Bowl)

Starting to stand it up out of turn 3.

Posing for the camera :v:

gently caress the skidpad, seriously, i couldn't get a halfway decent drive out of that corner to save my 70hp motorcycle.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Feb 2, 2008

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Your toe isn't up on the peg. What shame.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

TheTrend posted:

Your toe isn't up on the peg. What shame.

Knee is lean angle indicator 1, toe is lean angle indicator 2. Peg is indicator 3. :v:

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

You should make your way back up to the Bay sometime this spring C. I got an f4i now and we should go rayel.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
God you don't know how jealous I am you get the chance to do that right now. poo poo I wouldn't even care if I nubbed it up on the track just as long as I had the chance to do that :(

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

TheTrend posted:

You should make your way back up to the Bay sometime this spring C. I got an f4i now and we should go rayel.

I'll be up there next weekend for a friend's going away party...i could bring up the Triumph and we could go for a quick spin. I'll be slow on the street after track riding though.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Video of me at streets yesterday.

Chasing down those bigger bikes with my SV :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux7PsgAj6ec

Also, i'm running most of my lines from midtrack, reg pridmore style. Leaves room for the faster guys to get around me, and sets me up nicely for inside passing. Next time i'm out there i'll start running wider turn ins and pick up more speed.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 3, 2008

ChiliMac
Apr 13, 2005

That's why I never kiss 'em on the mouth.
It might just be me but those race fairings are uglier than the 1G SV fairings and that's saying a lot.

It's like a basking shark or something.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

ChiliMac posted:

It might just be me but those race fairings are uglier than the 1G SV fairings and that's saying a lot.

It's like a basking shark or something.

I don't even know where they came from. The front is off of a GSX-R, the back is off of a who knows what, I don't really care, i'll crash it eventually...maybe i'll fix it then...probably not. :haw:

More videos are in my channel, too...the order is like so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA8QjkTHIFo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux7PsgAj6ec (linked above)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdkMz80tKyQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4QygJt_mm4

Best lap of the day was a 1:35...i don't think i got it on video.

ChiliMac
Apr 13, 2005

That's why I never kiss 'em on the mouth.
I don't know where those fairings are from.. they look nothing like any gixxer I've seen (which is a single light for nearly a decade)... it's sort of like the Zx14 with the bubble looking front end.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

ChiliMac posted:

I don't know where those fairings are from.. they look nothing like any gixxer I've seen (which is a single light for nearly a decade)... it's sort of like the Zx14 with the bubble looking front end.

GSXR track plastics don't entirely copy the stock stuff.

The holes aren't headlights, they're ram air. Except that there's no ram air on an SV.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Rocket III with Zard exhaust

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo

open24hours posted:

Yuck pregnant girls are ugly

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
^^ No doubt.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

open24hours posted:

Pregnant chick smoking, drinking, and sitting on a motorcycle, what's not to love...:banjo:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Can someone post the pics of that Restomodded CB750 that everyone (myself included) creams their pants over?

I swore to myself that I would save those pics the last time I saw them, and I'm sure I did, but here we are, and I cant find them :mad:

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Black & Red

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

open24hours posted:

Black & Red

The one I was thinking of was a different one actually, it was more of a standard styled bike, built by a single guy, rather than a company. It looked pretty much like a stock CB750, but it had nice suspension, brakes, exhaust, etc.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

A well preserved film of board track racing in Daytona from 1920.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDFX-nhUYzc

To make up for the lack of sound, listen to this 1919 Excelsior OHC starting up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUAaH5kI6e0

helno
Jun 19, 2003

hmm now were did I leave that plane

White Van Raceah posted:

The one I was thinking of was a different one actually, it was more of a standard styled bike, built by a single guy, rather than a company. It looked pretty much like a stock CB750, but it had nice suspension, brakes, exhaust, etc.

This one?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nope, still not it. drat, I know someone has to know what I am talking about. I think it had upside down shocks on the front.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Away Message posted:

HELLO GOON

I found it. EARLIER IN THIS VERY THREAD!

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

On that note:

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

open24hours posted:

On that note:

drat.

Beefy.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

White Van Raceah posted:

Nope, still not it. drat, I know someone has to know what I am talking about. I think it had upside down shocks on the front.

Here's a couple others of the same bike.

I had/have one of the build up somewhere, but it's nothing special.

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

And for humor, a clutch up from the side gone wrong:
http://www.houston-delinquents.com/videos/clayton.wmv

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

White Van Raceah posted:

I found it. EARLIER IN THIS VERY THREAD!

Oh yeah, that bike is loving awesome. I still don't know what he did to make it look like that, but I would buy that poo poo in a half-second (or at least try to make it if I could find an appropriate CB).

I think those are CBR front tires and he probably had something fabbed up to fit a bigger rear, or else he used a CBR swing-arm and added some mounts for the spring/shock combo on the back.

Frozenphil, can you try to find and post that build? I'm betting it's a bunch of CBR parts tacked on to it.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

The silver one, which looks very similar to me, is a CB750 with a CBR front end and swingarm. I have no idea what type of CBR they are from though.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

open24hours posted:

The silver one, which looks very similar to me, is a CB750 with a CBR front end and swingarm. I have no idea what type of CBR they are from though.

Figuring that the older bike might be a bit heavier than a newer one I'd guess a 1000RR or something along those lines. Then again, it might be as light as a 600, so it may use F4i or 600RR parts. It's probably customized either way, as I doubt it would be dead-on the same weight.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Ripoff posted:

Frozenphil, can you try to find and post that build? I'm betting it's a bunch of CBR parts tacked on to it.

The one I had/have of the build is useless for figuring out what all he did. It just shows the black '79 CB750 SS he started with. The general consensus from SOHC.net is that he used a CBR front end, custom swingarm from swingarm.com, shortened the seat, and other magic.
Tim completely disappeared from the net after posting the pictures of his finished project. He only left a few clues as to what he did. I plan on reproducing his bike once my other projects are finished. It doesn't look to difficult to my eyes.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

frozenphil posted:

Tim completely disappeared from the net after posting the pictures of his finished project.

I cant blame him, I'd never stop riding it.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

frozenphil posted:

I plan on reproducing his bike once my other projects are finished. It doesn't look to difficult to my eyes.

When you start the build, please document it so I can blatantly steal your work get some inspiration from you.

Edit: Holy poo poo, that swingarm.com site is crazy. Here I was thinking this guy made his own swingarm, and yet you can buy one that's perfectly modified for the bike directly from them. That's an awesome business.

funeral home DJ fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 5, 2008

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.
Trackday video!

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v4294885mmYGR98k

I have the camera on the bike and I'm filming the silver/white GSXR infront of me. Track is Jennings GP. Ignore the music, as my buddy made it. I'll be making a full length 'feature film' of all the clips we have from the weekend, including a mock race!

Comments?

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Video from the huge moto pileup in Russia

Xlyfindel
Dec 16, 2003
Raw Esoteric
Sunday morning roll out
Season opener maybe? Weather was ok, I'm like 6th or so to leave, was pretty fun.

vorhese
Feb 16, 2002

brains for breakfast brains for brunch
NWS THIS poo poo

http://vorhese.com/gallery/albums/album09/headusing.jpg

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 19, 2008

dfn_doe
Apr 12, 2005
I FOR ONE WELCOME OUR NEW STUPID FUCKING CATCHPHRASE OVERLORDS

vorhese posted:

*image of what lookls like a dead guy stuck on the back of truck...*

WTF?! why the hell would you post that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

Z3n posted:

GSXR track plastics don't entirely copy the stock stuff.

The holes aren't headlights, they're ram air. Except that there's no ram air on an SV.

haha where did you get that picture? I know whose bike that is.