Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vorhese
Feb 16, 2002

brains for breakfast brains for brunch

dfn_doe posted:

WTF?! why the hell would you post that?

This forum is called SOMETHING AWFUL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo

vorhese posted:

yes it is called something awful, NOT rotten.com

(p.s. I've seen it there I think)

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Man, that guy is making the rounds again. I've seen it on 3 different emails and a few forums.

The guy with his head stuck in a truck was in Tulsa, doing 120+ on 169 and smacked into the back of the truck. No one really knows why. In the emails it says "WEAR UR HELMET, HE LIVED" but actually, he didn't live. This was also a week after another guy died running into a truck. Police crackdown on sportbikes went into hyper mode for a bit.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Silver posted:

Man, that guy is making the rounds again. I've seen it on 3 different emails and a few forums.

It popped up on the "Pictures that Look Like Photoshops" thread a few days ago. I'm assuming that's why it came up here.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Silver posted:

The guy with his head stuck in a truck was in Tulsa, doing 120+ on 169 and smacked into the back of the truck. No one really knows why. In the emails it says "WEAR UR HELMET, HE LIVED" but actually, he didn't live. This was also a week after another guy died running into a truck. Police crackdown on sportbikes went into hyper mode for a bit.

I'm going with one of two reasons why he hit the back of that truck -

1) Suicide.
2) He was a mentally inept rider that shouldn't have been riding anything more complex than a tricycle.

For the sake of his honor and intelligence I'd like to say 1, but I'm afraid it's most likely 2.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

orinth posted:

haha where did you get that picture? I know whose bike that is.

I just grabbed the first pic i could find that was a gixxer that was running the same fairings as me...random as hell.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Uthor posted:

It popped up on the "Pictures that Look Like Photoshops" thread a few days ago. I'm assuming that's why it came up here.

Yeah but I've been seeing it in emails too, not just on here. Big chain saying that he lived.

As for suicide, not sure. From what I understand(no documented proof) he wasn't drunk and from the trucker guys statement that there weren't any other cars on the road. So who knows.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
Well if Snopes is to be believed then the guy is dead dead dead.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/tulsacrash.asp

(There's also more pics of the body and bike)

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

vorhese posted:

No, the name of the forum does not entitle you to post pictures of corpses without NWS'ing them as a courtesy.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k

Ripoff posted:

I'm going with one of two reasons why he hit the back of that truck -

1) Suicide.
2) He was a mentally inept rider that shouldn't have been riding anything more complex than a tricycle.

For the sake of his honor and intelligence I'd like to say 1, but I'm afraid it's most likely 2.

Definitely not suicide, no one wear their back protector on a suicide run :v:

e: is that even a back protector?

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Sepist posted:

I don't know, I think it's a bag. I could be wrong though.

Maybe he was carrying pictures of the girlfriend that dumped him, and caused him to do this. :smith:

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

Sepist posted:

it's part of the jacket.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.
Trackday video part 2!

http://www.revenanteagle.org/upload/Sequence01.avi
110mb, ~16min

Let me know what you think, any tips on my riding style (I have the white/blue 750, black leathers, white helmet. I'm the one being filmed when there isn't a wristband on the brake reservoir).

vorhese
Feb 16, 2002

brains for breakfast brains for brunch
Cool pictorial of a Salt Lake racer build
Work safe!
http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/bonneville2.htm

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Revenant.Eagle posted:

Trackday video part 2!

http://www.revenanteagle.org/upload/Sequence01.avi
110mb, ~16min

Let me know what you think, any tips on my riding style (I have the white/blue 750, black leathers, white helmet. I'm the one being filmed when there isn't a wristband on the brake reservoir).

So I take it that when the wristband is on the bike, you're the rider?

Edit: Other movie says B group right.

Do you have any trackday pics? Like something from a more frontward angle?

Z3n fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 22, 2008

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Is your DRZ400SM lacking power? Uncle Bob has the cure!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8JKZ7n2u5Rk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MZKOieHCDD0

The build thread.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

Z3n posted:

So I take it that when the wristband is on the bike, you're the rider?

Edit: Other movie says B group right.

Do you have any trackday pics? Like something from a more frontward angle?

Yes, I'm the rider of the bike with the wristband on it. I'm not sure what kind of angle you are asking about, but here are all of the trackday pictures:

http://photos.revenanteagle.org/Trackdays/trackday3/

I'm the blue/white 750.

Edit: Yes, Group B/Intermediate. We were running around a 1:31 the entire weekend. Personal best was a 1:31.27, buddy says he did a 1:30.2 during the mock race to catch up to me.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
All these pictures make me miss my bike so much. Even when I get back to the bike, there are nothing but straightaways for 3 hours in all directions. drat YOU TEXAS!

Revenant, you goto FT yet? I'm wasting away at IFS before I return to Laughlin, and your pictures make me so jealous.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Squids in France.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3s04q_1007-montee-ospedale_auto

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Revenant.Eagle posted:

Yes, I'm the rider of the bike with the wristband on it. I'm not sure what kind of angle you are asking about, but here are all of the trackday pictures:

http://photos.revenanteagle.org/Trackdays/trackday3/

I'm the blue/white 750.

Edit: Yes, Group B/Intermediate. We were running around a 1:31 the entire weekend. Personal best was a 1:31.27, buddy says he did a 1:30.2 during the mock race to catch up to me.

The only thing i'd recommend is a little change in body position, and that can be a pretty individual thing...

http://photos.revenanteagle.org/Trackdays/trackday3/DSC_8386.JPG

With that as a base, try bending your inside elbow almost completely so that your entire body moves to the inside of the bike. It'll get your head off to the inside and move your entire upper body, where most of your weight is, to the inside of the motorcycle. It'll be a lot more physically demanding, though.

If i were in your shoes, that's what i'd be working on. But again, hanging off is a pretty individual thing and what works for me or what i may want to do may not be ideal for you :)

Nice riding, too...looking drat good out there :)

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Police try to ram Ghost Rider

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

xaarman posted:

All these pictures make me miss my bike so much. Even when I get back to the bike, there are nothing but straightaways for 3 hours in all directions. drat YOU TEXAS!

Revenant, you goto FT yet? I'm wasting away at IFS before I return to Laughlin, and your pictures make me so jealous.

Yep, went to FT 1.5 years ago... summer of... 06?

One of our ad LT's came back from IFS and told us how bad the rooms are. No windows must make you go loving insane.

I categorize in 17 +/- 2 days. I'm nervous as hell. From what my APAS said, I'm good for a Nav slot, and slim chance of pilot. I get nervous as hell just thinking about big week. *pulls hair out*

Z3n posted:

The only thing i'd recommend is a little change in body position, and that can be a pretty individual thing...

http://photos.revenanteagle.org/Trackdays/trackday3/DSC_8386.JPG

With that as a base, try bending your inside elbow almost completely so that your entire body moves to the inside of the bike. It'll get your head off to the inside and move your entire upper body, where most of your weight is, to the inside of the motorcycle. It'll be a lot more physically demanding, though.

If i were in your shoes, that's what i'd be working on. But again, hanging off is a pretty individual thing and what works for me or what i may want to do may not be ideal for you :)

Nice riding, too...looking drat good out there :)

That photo was from day 1 out of 2, and I know I need work on my right hand turns. Jennings is a primarily left turn track, so my left side feels great, but I can tell that I just don't get my butt off the seat enough on the right. I got a little better into day two, but at least it gives me something to work on. My left thigh was toast at the end of the mock race, I could barely get myself off the bike. I really need to find where I should adjust the rearsets to so I have maximum clearance and its also comfortable. Either that, or start taping foam on the seat to give me a little more height inbetween the the seat and the rearsets.

It was certainly a big switch from the SV to the 750. Nearly got myself into trouble a couple of times (as posted in the Motorcycle Mayhem thread).

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Revenant.Eagle posted:

That photo was from day 1 out of 2, and I know I need work on my right hand turns. Jennings is a primarily left turn track, so my left side feels great, but I can tell that I just don't get my butt off the seat enough on the right. I got a little better into day two, but at least it gives me something to work on. My left thigh was toast at the end of the mock race, I could barely get myself off the bike. I really need to find where I should adjust the rearsets to so I have maximum clearance and its also comfortable. Either that, or start taping foam on the seat to give me a little more height inbetween the the seat and the rearsets.

It was certainly a big switch from the SV to the 750. Nearly got myself into trouble a couple of times (as posted in the Motorcycle Mayhem thread).

Yeah, i was noticing in the video that your rights seemed a little less graceful than your lefts.

Do you have stompgrips or some other kind of sticky tank goodness on there? I can't imagine tracking a bike without it...

intel_killer
Mar 8, 2006

Awwww Nuts!

Whoa whoa just whoa, I can't believe he got the clampers on in time at that last bit. Where do I subscribe (own) to this newsletter (dvd?)?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

If they were actually trying to ram him he would be dead. I also have to call bullshit on the liveleak "murder" attempt title. Shows a completely lack of knowledge about what the term means and also a gross exaggeration as to what happened.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Psssh, quit being a sympathizer. Dude pulled in front of him trying to paste him on the hood. Also on the liveleak click the link with GR on the bmx, that was some funny stuff.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

Z3n posted:

Yeah, i was noticing in the video that your rights seemed a little less graceful than your lefts.

Do you have stompgrips or some other kind of sticky tank goodness on there? I can't imagine tracking a bike without it...

Yep, after nearly falling off of the SV once at the track, I immediately got stompgrip for the 750. Helps alot.

Xlyfindel
Dec 16, 2003
Raw Esoteric

Silver posted:

Psssh, quit being a sympathizer. Dude pulled in front of him trying to paste him on the hood. Also on the liveleak click the link with GR on the bmx, that was some funny stuff.

That vid was hilarious, and the one where he's in police kit is pretty sick too. Is this the same guy who stole that motogp bike for a lap around the track (forgot which) a few years back? I thought I saw that video in this very thread, but after browsing through for a bit I don't see it at all.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Silver posted:

Looked to me more like the cop was trying to force him to jump the sidewalk, and possibly crash. I agree with the assessment that if the cop wanted to hit him, they would have. Still a crappy thing to do either way.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

I hope this isn't a repost

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Bob Morales posted:

I hope this isn't a repost

My favorite part about that picture is the smoke coming off of his heel :psyduck:

And that's an old pic :(

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Xlyfindel posted:

That vid was hilarious, and the one where he's in police kit is pretty sick too. Is this the same guy who stole that motogp bike for a lap around the track (forgot which) a few years back? I thought I saw that video in this very thread, but after browsing through for a bit I don't see it at all.

You're going to need to find that video, that sounds funny as hell.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
I took a video of the new YZ 426, just so I have something to remember the exhaust by. My new spark arrestor and silencer come in tomorrow, so my obnoxiously loud and great sounding exhaust will be no more. The video didnt turn out that great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiOiP35kXdQ

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
At least your mic picked up your exhaust note. mine just distorts any mics I've tried to record the sound with.
Here's an example of my local traffic and me driving towards home
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf10A5kp__E

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fPfTtP66nO4

"Yeah I wrecked my last bike, ended up in the hospital, lost my left arm, fit up a prosthetic attachment to my new supermoto and ride around doing wheelies, why?"

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

pr0zac posted:

"Yeah I wrecked my last bike, ended up in the hospital, lost my left arm, fit up a prosthetic attachment to my new supermoto and ride around doing wheelies, why?"

I actually know a guy with a similar setup at the track. The loving hauls balls. It's amazing. Great guy, and a hell of a rider.

Still, that guy looks like he's about ready to lose his other arm...:sigh:

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

pr0zac posted:

I don't know what's cooler - that guy with the prosthetic arm or the fact that I learned about Rekluse Clutches and what they do.

Now I understand how those old guys with one arm ride their Harleys. Ever since I saw a guy on the highway riding around it's been bugging me as to how he did it.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
That guys is a loving pussy. Any jerkoff can strap a fake arm to their chest and go ride! This is a one armed rider.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-8Yqwq_bHU

mutt2jeff fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 4, 2008

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

pr0zac posted:

That's incredible. It must have been quite a liberating feeling to overcome all of that and get on a bike again.

Hell of a rider, too.

The motox guy without the help is even more impressive. The arm strength and grip he must have is frightening to think about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Crash compilation from a guys enduro race season.
http://www.tafsmedia.com/video/2008/crash.html