Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

Liface posted:

A black and white film about a gentleman who collects women's brains. At one point in the movie, he sees and is attracted to a smokin' blonde, and pursues her, until she finally speaks, and she has this high voice, sort of squeaky, and it's a total turnoff for him.

Made at least before 10 years ago, because that's when I saw it on television for the first time.

The Man With Two Brains
http://imdb.com/title/tt0085894/

*edit: but i don't think that was black and white...
but there's a scene where he's following this hot chick because he wants to put his gf's "brain" in her, and she speaks and it's high and squeaky and is like "it's my voice isn't it..."

Thoreau Like A Girl fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Feb 16, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn

Venialblur posted:

The Man With Two Brains
http://imdb.com/title/tt0085894/

*edit: but i don't think that was black and white...
but there's a scene where he's following this hot chick because he wants to put his gf's "brain" in her, and she speaks and it's high and squeaky and is like "it's my voice isn't it..."

Hmm, that's definitely it, thanks.

I actually stumbled upon that a while ago but eliminated it because it wasn't black and white. I think my memory is playing tricks on me.

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

Liface posted:

Hmm, that's definitely it, thanks.

I actually stumbled upon that a while ago but eliminated it because it wasn't black and white. I think my memory is playing tricks on me.

you could be mixing it with your memories if Young Frankenstein, which is black and white and the same type of absurd humor and brain/scientist stuff

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

Venialblur posted:

you could be mixing it with your memories if Young Frankenstein, which is black and white and the same type of absurd humor and brain/scientist stuff

Or maybe he's mixing it with "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid" with Steve Martin.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Liface posted:

A black and white film about a gentleman who collects women's brains. At one point in the movie, he sees and is attracted to a smokin' blonde, and pursues her, until she finally speaks, and she has this high voice, sort of squeaky, and it's a total turnoff for him.

Made at least before 10 years ago, because that's when I saw it on television for the first time.

The Steve Martin movie The Man With Two Brains.

Very funny, but not in black and white. (You're mixing it up with "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid" I think.) If I recall the basic plot is that he's a neurosurgeon, his wife or girlfriend is in an accident and now only exists as a brain in a jar. He's actually looking for a body to put the brain in. Funny scenes include romantic rowboat ride with the brain in a jar, where he puts wax lips on the jar so he can kiss her. As well as "drunk driving tests in Switzerland are HARD!"

Edit: So, so beaten

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Alright CineD, you're my last hope. I've tried to figure out what this movie is since it scarred me in childhood and haven't had any luck yet:

It's a live-action short film that would play on Nickelodeon in the mid 80's if they needed to fill in time. Apparently, they had a lot of time to fill because I saw this short ALOT. It goes like this:

A director rolls strips of film onto reels, sticks them all in a closet, and then leaves his store/house/studio for the day. After he leaves, the film comes alive and unspools itself into a big moving heap via stop-motion. The blob of film starts chasing the guy down the street and corners him in a dining room or something. The guy fights off the film with a magnet. The film tries to sneak in the door, but the guy presses the magnet onto the strips to keep it at bay. Eventually, the guy falls asleep with the magnet on a window sill and the film sneaks in and loving EATS THE GUY. It coils around him like a bunch of snakes and the guy is screaming and struggling and trying to grab the magnet, but the film wraps all around him and then the guy is just gone. After eating the guy, the film returns to its reels and the credits start.

Like I said, this played on Nickelodeon in the mid-80's when stuff like Pinwheel and Turkey TV was on. I've looked everywhere on the internet for any information about this short, but I've come up empty. I beg you CineD! Help me! Help me find this short film that so traumatized me as a child, yet I always had to watch it when it came on!

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Static Rook posted:

Alright CineD, you're my last hope. I've tried to figure out what this movie is since it scarred me in childhood and haven't had any luck yet:

It's a live-action short film that would play on Nickelodeon in the mid 80's if they needed to fill in time. Apparently, they had a lot of time to fill because I saw this short ALOT. It goes like this:

A director rolls strips of film onto reels, sticks them all in a closet, and then leaves his store/house/studio for the day. After he leaves, the film comes alive and unspools itself into a big moving heap via stop-motion. The blob of film starts chasing the guy down the street and corners him in a dining room or something. The guy fights off the film with a magnet. The film tries to sneak in the door, but the guy presses the magnet onto the strips to keep it at bay. Eventually, the guy falls asleep with the magnet on a window sill and the film sneaks in and loving EATS THE GUY. It coils around him like a bunch of snakes and the guy is screaming and struggling and trying to grab the magnet, but the film wraps all around him and then the guy is just gone. After eating the guy, the film returns to its reels and the credits start.

Like I said, this played on Nickelodeon in the mid-80's when stuff like Pinwheel and Turkey TV was on. I've looked everywhere on the internet for any information about this short, but I've come up empty. I beg you CineD! Help me! Help me find this short film that so traumatized me as a child, yet I always had to watch it when it came on!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S-Qeee8D2Ro

I'll take a blowjob or Archives. :)

I saw this many times growing up as a kid. I'm pretty sure I saw it on pay cable between movies though.

Edit: What do you know? The guy went on to write Short Circuit and Tremors.
Edit2: Also Ghost Dad and Wild Wild West. Conflicted about him now.

Ape Agitator fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Feb 16, 2008

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Ape Agitator posted:

I saw this many times growing up as a kid. I'm pretty sure I saw it on pay cable between movies though.

My next paycheck (2/22) you're getting Archives. drat you, I'm elated and frightened all at once!

dreadnought
Dec 28, 2006

:rolleyes:

Venialblur posted:

A Good Night to Die
http://imdb.com/title/tt0203536/
the guy's name was August.

Thanks. It looks pretty awful, but at least it's not bugging me anymore.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Static Rook posted:

My next paycheck (2/22) you're getting Archives. drat you, I'm elated and frightened all at once!

Hah, I was kidding. About Archives that is. I still expect the blowjob. :colbert:

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

Ape Agitator posted:

holy poo poo, good work. that was bothering me ever since it was mentioned because i remember seeing it as a kid.

timepenguin
Jul 1, 2006

Precisely.
Saw once on tv maybe on tmc or somewhere an Italian black and white movie (had subtitles). What I remember it was about some guys (possibly family) and they ended up going to a party as cross dressers, I think... Before the party they had been looking through womens clothes at one of their houses, then after the party late in the morning one got really depressed and I think he was leaving the town and his girl/wife.

It's a really bad description of what happened, it'll see if I can think of it anymore.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

There's this foreign European film that I saw on Ebert and Roeper a few years back (when Ebert was still on) that was a dark and bleak and dreary thing set in some future dystopia, one scene had a group of adults huddled around this girl and pushing her into a pit as some sort of sacrifice, and I remember them describing the protagonist as this middle aged man and they showed him on a subway train. I believe it was given 2 thumbs up. That's all I remember but it looked interesting.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

timepenguin posted:

Saw once on tv maybe on tmc or somewhere an Italian black and white movie (had subtitles). What I remember it was about some guys (possibly family) and they ended up going to a party as cross dressers, I think... Before the party they had been looking through womens clothes at one of their houses, then after the party late in the morning one got really depressed and I think he was leaving the town and his girl/wife.

It's a really bad description of what happened, it'll see if I can think of it anymore.

I Vitelloni

timepenguin
Jul 1, 2006

Precisely.

FitFortDanga posted:

I Vitelloni

Wow thanks, that is it!

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006
I'm quite new at this but her i go...

Time Period: both late 80's/early 90's, both horror

1)A group of guys die in a car accident in a very old car or something and come back as spirits/vampires and try to kill people. One scene in the movie they refuge in a church and can't go in because they are "burned."

2)This has very little info but these kids are in a town where people are starting to "turn" and the "turned" have these meetings where they eat something in bowls, like oatmeal with blood or something. One scene has a cop that gets mobbed and is changed.

Sorry for the crappy knowledge of these movies, and thanks.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

bo_chrud posted:

1)A group of guys die in a car accident in a very old car or something and come back as spirits/vampires and try to kill people. One scene in the movie they refuge in a church and can't go in because they are "burned."
Sometimes They Come Back.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
A black and white movie about an Irish girl in her late teens early 20's who becomes friends with an Englishman who broadens her horizons. Has a seen where the men from her village attack the English guy and basically accuse him of trying to spoil her innocence.

Also has a seen where she goes back to the farm and it's utterly quiet and desolate, showing how lonely and boring that existance is.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Action Jacktion posted:

Sometimes They Come Back.

Thank you sir, I will look into more but I think you nailed it.

invalid user
Nov 15, 2006

Shit's expensive, bro. Plus, fuck Lurdiak.
So I'm not a pedo, I promise (great way to start a request), but I have this one film that was on the movie channels in the 80s. It involved an underaged girl (10-13) raised in what looks like the 1800s or early 1900s in a remote possibly european area. There are two scenes I remember most:

1) She is whored out to a 50 something guy in a scene where she's carried out on a big throne or something carried by a bunch of the people who live in the same place she does. There were sparklers involved I think.

2) She ends up with this artistic guy, jumps on his bed and breaks it, and poses for him nude for a painting and throws a tantrum. I remember this and thinking "what the gently caress? kid nudity on tv? What the flying gently caress?!?!"

I'm really not interested in seeing this so much as reading the imdb on it and finding out what the gently caress the context was.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

invalid user posted:

So I'm not a pedo, I promise (great way to start a request), but I have this one film that was on the movie channels in the 80s. It involved an underaged girl (10-13) raised in what looks like the 1800s or early 1900s in a remote possibly european area. There are two scenes I remember most:

1) She is whored out to a 50 something guy in a scene where she's carried out on a big throne or something carried by a bunch of the people who live in the same place she does. There were sparklers involved I think.

2) She ends up with this artistic guy, jumps on his bed and breaks it, and poses for him nude for a painting and throws a tantrum. I remember this and thinking "what the gently caress? kid nudity on tv? What the flying gently caress?!?!"

I'm really not interested in seeing this so much as reading the imdb on it and finding out what the gently caress the context was.

Haven't seen it, but it could be Pretty Baby.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

invalid user posted:

Probably the infamous Brooke Shields' Pretty Baby

e: beaten

invalid user
Nov 15, 2006

Shit's expensive, bro. Plus, fuck Lurdiak.
YES! CONTEXT!

Yup, looks like that's it.

Thanks guys :)

Capn Jobe
Jan 18, 2003

That's right. Here it is. But it's like you always have compared the sword, the making of the sword, with the making of the character. Cuz the stronger, the stronger it will get, right, the stronger the steel will get, with all that, and the same as with the character.
Soiled Meat
A few years ago I was able to identify this movie, but have since forgotten.

It was an adventure film of some sort, and the hero was actually a gymnast (maybe actually played by an olympic gymnast, I don't remember). The scene that stands out is somehow he ends up in a place called "Village of the Crazies." And his only way to protect himself if this mysterious pommel horse conveniently located in the town's center. By swinging around on this thing he is able to keep the crazy people at bay. I saw it on TBS during the day maybe 15 years ago and it's bugged me ever since.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Capn Jobe posted:

A few years ago I was able to identify this movie, but have since forgotten.

It was an adventure film of some sort, and the hero was actually a gymnast (maybe actually played by an olympic gymnast, I don't remember). The scene that stands out is somehow he ends up in a place called "Village of the Crazies." And his only way to protect himself if this mysterious pommel horse conveniently located in the town's center. By swinging around on this thing he is able to keep the crazy people at bay. I saw it on TBS during the day maybe 15 years ago and it's bugged me ever since.

Gymkata. I saw that piece of poo poo in the theater.

Capn Jobe
Jan 18, 2003

That's right. Here it is. But it's like you always have compared the sword, the making of the sword, with the making of the character. Cuz the stronger, the stronger it will get, right, the stronger the steel will get, with all that, and the same as with the character.
Soiled Meat

FitFortDanga posted:

Gymkata. I saw that piece of poo poo in the theater.

That's exactly it, many thanks. Now I'm probably going to find it somewhere and trick my friends into watching it when they're drunk.

thewolfboy
Mar 2, 2007

Admired by men. Adored by women. Feared by squirrels.
My wife remembers watching this film in the 80s. Maybe the early 90s. It was on a VHS, and she has no idea who was in it. Probably no one famous, probably an absolute pile of crap. Anyway, some description...

This woman finds out that she's got some family she never knew about, 2 step sisters. She goes to meet them, and stays with them. While she's there, she starts to get bad feelings. There's a collection of dolls. No idea who they belong to. They start crying whenever she has these bad feelings. In the end she finds out that her sisters were playing tricks on her, and were trying to kill her. Only pretending to be friendly but actually weren't.

And that's what she remembers. Nice and vague. Thanks in advance for your help, internet detectives. I'd think the 'crying dolls' thing has been used in several films.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I remember there being an Oscar nominated short film (dont think it won) several years back, probably early 2000s. Anyway so there's this guy I think he works at a supermarket or something and imagines all these women coming in naked. I know I know, but I'm positive it was oscar nominated. I think this was around the time iTunes began selling Oscar nominated shorts

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

Alan Smithee posted:

I remember there being an Oscar nominated short film (dont think it won) several years back, probably early 2000s. Anyway so there's this guy I think he works at a supermarket or something and imagines all these women coming in naked. I know I know, but I'm positive it was oscar nominated. I think this was around the time iTunes began selling Oscar nominated shorts

Cashback, later turned into an excellent full length movie.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0409799/

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Good luck on this one:

Two girls are traveling abroad, and are convicted of a crime in a foriegn country, mainly due to lack of understanding of the other countries legal process. At one point one of the girls while in prison has a roach or somesuch in her ear.

This is about all I remember. :patriot:

Mid - late nineties IIRC.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Walked posted:

Good luck on this one:

Two girls are traveling abroad, and are convicted of a crime in a foriegn country, mainly due to lack of understanding of the other countries legal process. At one point one of the girls while in prison has a roach or somesuch in her ear.
Brokedown Palace.

witz
Sep 28, 2001

Start winning some games or he'll kill you
Brokedown Palace?

Rex Deckard
Jul 15, 2004

Walked posted:

Good luck on this one:

This is about all I remember. :patriot:

Mid - late nineties IIRC.

I am gonna guess this is Brokedown Palace with Claire Danes.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120620/

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Jesus gently caress wow. Thanks :c00l:

stawk Archer
Jun 19, 2004

by angerbot
Okay this is important to me personally as it is one of my earliest memories: It may be a music video but I remember watching some kind of video that was reminiscent of the video for I Believe in a Thing Called Love by the darkness, and I think that video was based off of this one I remember. However it may not have been a music video at all.

Two things I distinctly remember: some kind of dance going on, and a guy turning a nob on somebody's space-suit. The guy in the space suit cooked or rotted or something right afterwards.

If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it, or even if you just point in the right direction.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Ok, I think this might be the one to stump everyone. I only saw the last half of this film, we watched it in philosophy class about three years ago. It appeared to be made in the 90's-00's. The lighting in the film reminds me of an acid trip. Greens and blues especially stick out. I remember the setting was very tight and confined, slightly industrial. The one thing I really remember was at the end there was a lot of struggling to swim in the middle of the ocean and it was raining. I think the ocean/drowning and some woman were a recurring theme in the movie. I totally understand if no one can get this one from my description.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

DethklokworkOrange posted:

Ok, I think this might be the one to stump everyone. I only saw the last half of this film, we watched it in philosophy class about three years ago. It appeared to be made in the 90's-00's. The lighting in the film reminds me of an acid trip. Greens and blues especially stick out. I remember the setting was very tight and confined, slightly industrial. The one thing I really remember was at the end there was a lot of struggling to swim in the middle of the ocean and it was raining. I think the ocean/drowning and some woman were a recurring theme in the movie. I totally understand if no one can get this one from my description.

Although you probably would have remembered the actors if it was Gattaca, we might as well get that out of the way since it sounds like a fit.

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006
Alright someone tell me I'm not going crazy.

I swear I saw a trailer a few days ago for a new movie featuring McCauley Culkin. In it he plays a serial killer who dresses very well and looks innocent. I remember a part in the trailer with him wielding a golf club about to beat someone down.

I've searched his IMDB and there is nothing about it there so I'm thinking it either isn't McCauley or I am going loving insane.

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

Weezy88 posted:

Alright someone tell me I'm not going crazy.

I swear I saw a trailer a few days ago for a new movie featuring McCauley Culkin. In it he plays a serial killer who dresses very well and looks innocent. I remember a part in the trailer with him wielding a golf club about to beat someone down.

I've searched his IMDB and there is nothing about it there so I'm thinking it either isn't McCauley or I am going loving insane.

It's not McCauley. You probably saw the trailer to Funny Games. Here's links to the trailer: http://www.movie-list.com/trailers.php?id=funnygames

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satemkemet
Jun 12, 2005

:O
EDIT: Got it! It was Nothing But Trouble, thanks to Spider Crusoe.

satemkemet fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Feb 29, 2008