Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spider Crusoe
Jan 30, 2005

satemkemet posted:

I think it started with a man or a couple breaking down near/stopping at this old mansion (not rocky horror picture show) and it was really creepy and there were these two giant babies who were sort of the body guards and there was a junk yard and the owner of the mansion maybe tried to keep the couple as slaves? There was a judge at some point. And it was a very Winchester Mansion-esque house, with trap doors and such. It was one of those amazingly trippy/ridiculous movie and I've been trying to figure out forever.
Thanks in advance!
Was it by chance Nothing but Trouble? I remember it being weird, and it involved people ending up at the house of a crazy judge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satemkemet
Jun 12, 2005

:O

Spider Crusoe posted:

Was it by chance Nothing but Trouble? I remember it being weird, and it involved people ending up at the house of a crazy judge.

Wow! That was Chevy Chase? I'll be damned. Thanks, I'm almost certain this is it. You're the best :D

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006

Sizzlechest posted:

It's not McCauley. You probably saw the trailer to Funny Games. Here's links to the trailer: http://www.movie-list.com/trailers.php?id=funnygames

Ah thanks, that's it. I could have sworn it was McCauley, but I was half asleep when I saw it on tv.

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

Pweller posted:

Although you probably would have remembered the actors if it was Gattaca, we might as well get that out of the way since it sounds like a fit.

seconded. especially since i had to watch this movie in a Philosophy class in college.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

Ok, MY GIRLFRIEND asked me to post this one and see if anyone could identify it for her. It's fairly vague but we're hoping it's enough for someone to give us an idea.

1. She rented this movie about five or so years ago. It was a new release.

2. She believes it involves a government cover-up or incident in which the government is at fault. I'm guessing they bombed a town or something as the third clues is...

3. The ending consists of a man/woman/man&woman (she doesn't remember) going back to their childhood home, in a town that had been wiped out by the government incident and now resembled a desert, knowing the military will find them and kill them. Apparently they find a doll and pictures and they do, in fact, die in the end.

Extremely vague, but you guys always amaze me.

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006

Wreath of Barbs posted:

Ok, MY GIRLFRIEND asked me to post this one and see if anyone could identify it for her. It's fairly vague but we're hoping it's enough for someone to give us an idea.

1. She rented this movie about five or so years ago. It was a new release.

2. She believes it involves a government cover-up or incident in which the government is at fault. I'm guessing they bombed a town or something as the third clues is...

3. The ending consists of a man/woman/man&woman (she doesn't remember) going back to their childhood home, in a town that had been wiped out by the government incident and now resembled a desert, knowing the military will find them and kill them. Apparently they find a doll and pictures and they do, in fact, die in the end.

Extremely vague, but you guys always amaze me.

This sounds a lot like the HULK movie released a few years ago sans the dying part...

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

Weezy88 posted:

This sounds a lot like the HULK movie released a few years ago sans the dying part...

That was it. Ugh, and here I was hoping for an awesome post-apocalyptic movie I looked over. Thanks for the speedy reply. :)

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006
Haha, no problem. I'm surprised it actually was The HULK.

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005

bo_chrud posted:

2)This has very little info but these kids are in a town where people are starting to "turn" and the "turned" have these meetings where they eat something in bowls, like oatmeal with blood or something. One scene has a cop that gets mobbed and is changed.

The eating stuff from a bowl reminds me of Peter Jacksons Bad Taste.
As for strange meetings it could be Society.

Icon-Cat
Aug 18, 2005

Meow!
Okay, help me out.

A movie where the characters confess hopelessness or inability to solve a problem, then a bespectacled Asian guy interrupts excitedly, walking over, saying, "Ah! If I may!", and explains?

scubadub
May 29, 2007

killfast37 posted:

My friend and I wanted to see if you guys could help us out with a movie. I think it was made in the 80s and it was pretty cheesy. It involved a bunch of skaters fighting each other with various weapons in a half pipe. It was sort of graphic at the time. They had chains and bags full of metal hitting each other when they crossed paths in the half pipe. Any help would be appreciated because I'm completely stumped on this one.

Could this be the immortal "Thrashin"

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

...and a clown with no head
Ok, for once I am stumped. This was a fairly recent movie, pretty low budget. It was about a reality show where the contestants had to kill each other. The main character was a pregnant lady who had won the previous season. Another guy was her friend who had cancer, a teenage girl, an old nurse, and an old guy. The nurse delivers the pregnant lady's baby, the friend with cancer kills the nurse, the lady and the friend try to escape, and then they both end up getting shot. The friend dies, and the last scene of the movie is the lady with the baby waking up and saying, "gently caress."

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Pweller posted:

Although you probably would have remembered the actors if it was Gattaca, we might as well get that out of the way since it sounds like a fit.

I checked out the trailer and you are right. I don't know why I couldn't remember the actors. I knew it had some big ones but I couldn't be sure who they were. I'm stunned that someone figured this out from my minimalist description.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

cptInsane0 posted:

Ok, for once I am stumped. This was a fairly recent movie, pretty low budget. It was about a reality show where the contestants had to kill each other. The main character was a pregnant lady who had won the previous season. Another guy was her friend who had cancer, a teenage girl, an old nurse, and an old guy. The nurse delivers the pregnant lady's baby, the friend with cancer kills the nurse, the lady and the friend try to escape, and then they both end up getting shot. The friend dies, and the last scene of the movie is the lady with the baby waking up and saying, "gently caress."

The film you are after is called "Series 7: The Contenders"

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

...and a clown with no head

Tsietisin posted:

The film you are after is called "Series 7: The Contenders"

yes, yes it is. drat, I was even on brook smith's imdb earlier because I saw her on bad company and recognized her form that movie. I couldn't find that movie on her page so I figured it was the wrong person.

Breakbot
Jan 13, 2006

Maybe someone can tell me what this movie is. It must have come out between 1988 and 1993. I just remember seeing it on the movie network as a kid. It was some weird horror/occult film. All I can remember about it, though, is this one scene. What I assume is the main character was dressed, if I can recall correctly, in a suit. I think he had dark hair. He was being attacked by a little winged demon creature in a kitchen. He defeats it by sticking it in a large boiling pot and putting the lid on.

This has bugged me for years. I want to know what it was!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Breakbot posted:

Maybe someone can tell me what this movie is. It must have come out between 1988 and 1993. I just remember seeing it on the movie network as a kid. It was some weird horror/occult film. All I can remember about it, though, is this one scene. What I assume is the main character was dressed, if I can recall correctly, in a suit. I think he had dark hair. He was being attacked by a little winged demon creature in a kitchen. He defeats it by sticking it in a large boiling pot and putting the lid on.

It's not Gremlins, is it? There's also a sequel.

Breakbot
Jan 13, 2006

100 Years in Iraq posted:

It's not Gremlins, is it? There's also a sequel.

No, not at all. Definitely not Gremlins. =\

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Breakbot posted:

There's a scene in the quasi-Lovecraftian Cast a Deadly Spell which has a scene like this. The main character is hexed in a restaurant kitchen and a demon is brought forth in the form of a cat-sized bundle of jaws and claws. It goes flying forth causing chaos and they eventually fight it into a large soup pot and it fights to get out. Perhaps this is it?

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0101550/ (sadly, not on DVD)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w2MPwMfvqV4 Trailer, although it doesn't have any shots of the scene but it might job your memory if this is it.

Breakbot
Jan 13, 2006

Ape Agitator posted:

There's a scene in the quasi-Lovecraftian Cast a Deadly Spell which has a scene like this. The main character is hexed in a restaurant kitchen and a demon is brought forth in the form of a cat-sized bundle of jaws and claws. It goes flying forth causing chaos and they eventually fight it into a large soup pot and it fights to get out. Perhaps this is it?

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0101550/ (sadly, not on DVD)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w2MPwMfvqV4 Trailer, although it doesn't have any shots of the scene but it might job your memory if this is it.

Yes!!! I'm pretty sure that's it. Thanks. :D

bartok
May 10, 2006

Dolph Lundren and a group of mercenaries, including the Zeus from Ho Holds Barred, are hired by the dude from Dharma and Greg to invade a tropical Asian paradise and somehow it ends with Dolph Lundren fighting with a rival mercenary played the Kano from the Mortal Kombat movie and Greg getting decapitated.

I vaguely remember this being a pretty decent B action movie.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Men of War. Also has the ridiculously hot combo of Catherine Bell and Charlotte Lewis.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0110490/

Really, that's a really easy query using the "Find where Dolph Lundgren is credited alongside another name" at the bottom of his IMDB page.

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend

Chunky Delight posted:

Dolph Lundren and a group of mercenaries, including the Zeus from Ho Holds Barred, are hired by the dude from Dharma and Greg to invade a tropical Asian paradise and somehow it ends with Dolph Lundren fighting with a rival mercenary played the Kano from the Mortal Kombat movie and Greg getting decapitated.

I vaguely remember this being a pretty decent B action movie.

Is it Men of War?

In that movie, they wanted the little island paradise for it's bat poop.

edit: beaten! :saddowns:

Toadpuppy
Apr 8, 2003
I think this movie is from the mid to late 80s. Cops were tracking down a serial killer. The only thing I remember are two of the murders (before I got creeped out and stopped watching). One was a guy who came home and the killer jumped out from behind the shower curtain and stabbed him, then put the victim's hand over the knife and woggled it around telling him, "See how easy it is?"

The second murder started with a woman at her piano writing music. She gets up for some reason and ends up being chased from her apartment to the laundry room, where she tries to hide in a very large dryer. The killer gets her anyway, and strangles her, while holding her hands on the cord and urging her on as though she's strangling herself.

I didn't watch any more of it and I don't remember anything else except one cop (probably the hero of the movie) noticed that the killer had to have been hiding behind the closed shower curtain, because there was no mildew indicating that the curtain usually stayed open the way they found it.

EDIT: Relentless, starring Judd Nelson. Woo.

Toadpuppy fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 12, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

In response to my earlier request here...

Just wanted to post and say that I've found the show I was looking for. Turns out it was Captain Kangaroo all along (the 70's/80's era)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK0wNpecURU&feature=related

thewolfboy
Mar 2, 2007

Admired by men. Adored by women. Feared by squirrels.

thewolfboy posted:

My wife remembers watching this film in the 80s. Maybe the early 90s. It was on a VHS, and she has no idea who was in it. Probably no one famous, probably an absolute pile of crap. Anyway, some description...

This woman finds out that she's got some family she never knew about, 2 step sisters. She goes to meet them, and stays with them. While she's there, she starts to get bad feelings. There's a collection of dolls. No idea who they belong to. They start crying whenever she has these bad feelings. In the end she finds out that her sisters were playing tricks on her, and were trying to kill her. Only pretending to be friendly but actually weren't.

And that's what she remembers. Nice and vague. Thanks in advance for your help, internet detectives. I'd think the 'crying dolls' thing has been used in several films.

Just in case anyone was still trying to work this one out, it's apparently a BBC miniseries from 1985 called "Maelstrom".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0290972/

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
So whats this movie, it involes a bunch of black guys in the getto and they fight crime using ultra light air planes

GoochBag
Mar 10, 2008

All right! Let's go get some men!
Malcolm X?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

max4me posted:

So whats this movie, it involes a bunch of black guys in the getto and they fight crime using ultra light air planes

STREET WARS!!!!!!
http://www.jabootu.com/streetwars.htm

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 12, 2008

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

This is a movie I'm guessing from the 70's about a woman who leaves her husband and tells him this from a telephone booth. I think it has something to do with being pregnant. She gets picked up by a dim witted football player and they have an affair.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

This is something that's been eating me up for a pretty long time, now. I watched this movie at elementary school. I must've been like 10-12 years old then. So I saw it a good 13 years ago. It's about kids in a world where it's constantly raining. The sun only comes out for a few hours or a day (can't remember which) a year or even rearer, and is considered a very special event. One of the main characters gets locked up in a dark room when this event is taking place. It was a borrowed/rented VHS. It must've been produced somewhere between late 70's and late 80's.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

ulvir posted:

This is something that's been eating me up for a pretty long time, now. I watched this movie at elementary school. I must've been like 10-12 years old then. So I saw it a good 13 years ago. It's about kids in a world where it's constantly raining. The sun only comes out for a few hours or a day (can't remember which) a year or even rearer, and is considered a very special event. One of the main characters gets locked up in a dark room when this event is taking place. It was a borrowed/rented VHS. It must've been produced somewhere between late 70's and late 80's.

Ray Bradbury's All In A Summer Day.
I think we all had to sit through this one in elementary school.

Dacier
Jun 30, 2005
Lurked Too Damn Long
The one I can't remember is about American frontier time with Davy Crockett. The movie starts out with people talking about the old days and it flashes back to the past where the majority of the movie takes place. There is a scene in the film where the song about Davy Crockett is played by a guy on I believe is a guitar and during the song Crockett stops him.

My memory is a little fuzzy because it was in the '80s that I saw this as a kid.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

Okay, usually I'm answering this thread, not asking, but this has been bugging me lately.

I have no idea what brought this into my head, but I remember seeing a movie where a character has died. I want to say that it was a businessman, a company president, or something like that, but maybe I'm wrong. Anyways, the part I'm sure about: another character goes to the funeral at a church (it felt like the generic Catholic Church set you see in every movie), and there is a clergyman speaking to an empty church. No one has shown up to this guy's funeral. The clergyman sees the character walk in, and says, "Oh, someone's here! Should I start over?"

I remember the scene was supposed to be pretty sad, definitely not played for laughs, I think. I know this is just one scene, but I feel like this is a pretty major movie - I remember seeing it when I was younger, and so it probably wouldn't be too obscure.

Help?

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you
Need some help, film goons.

Couple years back, I saw this movie on HBO. It was about two FBI agents who were basically shooting it out with a Midwestern cult in the heartland. They didn't know who to trust and they wound up getting saddled with a girl who turned out to be one of the cult members. The movie was decent enough, but the ending was so wonderfully surreal that it stuck with me. The lead agent's psycho partner bought it and the chick wound up getting cacked when she showed her true colors. The movie ends with the lead agent running to the escape chopper while singing, under his breath, the "I believe in miracles" line of "You Sexy Thing." The actual song kicks up and the ending credits roll.

Anyone help name that movie?

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

All I've seen from this movie is this one scene, but I've seen it a handful of times. Some guy is leaving some place, either a hospital or a jail, and he goes off to jack off in some bushes. Some kid sees this, and replies "Wow! Spiderman!" or something to that effect. Any ideas?

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

Asphalt Engine posted:

Need some help, film goons.

Couple years back, I saw this movie on HBO. It was about two FBI agents who were basically shooting it out with a Midwestern cult in the heartland. They didn't know who to trust and they wound up getting saddled with a girl who turned out to be one of the cult members. The movie was decent enough, but the ending was so wonderfully surreal that it stuck with me. The lead agent's psycho partner bought it and the chick wound up getting cacked when she showed her true colors. The movie ends with the lead agent running to the escape chopper while singing, under his breath, the "I believe in miracles" line of "You Sexy Thing." The actual song kicks up and the ending credits roll.

Anyone help name that movie?

Was there a plotline about some of hostages that were deaf? If so, it might be Dead Silence, an HBO movie from the late 90s based on Jeffery Deaver's book A Maiden's Grave.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118942/

ynotony
Apr 14, 2003

Yea...this is pretty much the smartest thing I have ever done.
I remember a scene in some movie, probably foreign, or may set a couple hundred years ago.

A guy returns to his small rual town from a trip to "the big city" or whatever. He brings back with him various items that he claims are the latest craze or fashion trend in "the big city" as a joke. He is like an everybody's favorite uncle type character. Either they all have a good laugh, or these people start using these items incorrectly and it is meant to be funny.

Kind of like in the little mermaid when Sebastian tells Ariel that the fork is used to comb hair. Or like in futurama when they misinterpret items from the 20th century. But the scene in question is specifically from some movie, and it is driving me crazy!!

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"

chowder9797 posted:

OK, I tried this last time, but it didn't work :rolleyes:

Anyways...

I saw this on Bravo or Showcase about a 6 months to a year ago. I only saw the last half or so, but the jist of it is:
A guy somehow kills a girls father. She doesn't know this, and they end up in a relationship. In the end, she finds out, and has to decide whether to stay with him or not.

There was a scene with her packing up all of her fathers stuff from his apartment. The end of the movie is with both of them on a boat together.

It appeared to be a more recent movie...maybe made within the last 5-8 years or so, but I'm not sure.

This is a foreign language film. Norwegian or something, I'm not sure. It was subtitled.

I have googled/imdb'd this to death, and cannot find it.

Any ideas?

Could be "Head above Water" ("Hodet over vannet" is the norwegian title)
http://imdb.com/title/tt0107121/

Also, I have one:

Must be maybe 20 years ago, saw it on Norwegian television, but I do believe the language to be english/american.

In this film/series there is a little girl who is playing under a train car, her mom is running to get her, while a train locomotive is going slowly towards the end train car, ultimately pushing the cars and the girl gets run over (close up on her leg getting cut/smashed I think), her mother rushes her to a hosptila but to no avail. She is informed by a doctor that her daughter didn't make it and are of course out of her mind with grief.

I believe there is something about the mother being an artist or something, carving wood figures, especially one wooden figure of Jesus or something, where she has to destroy the artpiece for some purpose, her friend or someone refuses to do it, but says she have to do it herself, since they haven't got the heart to do it.

Downs Duck fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Mar 17, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Does Jihad
Jun 18, 2003

Yeah, this is just right. Has a nice feel, too.
Era: 60s-70s
Foreign Film

A friend of mine mentioned how he used to go to an art theater when he was growing up that played foreign films. He recalls one about the Nazi occupation of somewhere in Europe on the horizon, with an elderly Jewish couple with no children, taking place in either in Hungary or Czechoslovakia (not sure on this). There are no jewish children to adopt so they are forced to go to a Protestant orphanage where they see the children swimming and pick one out. As far as I know the rest of the film is the children growing up on the elderly couple's farm, learning a craft or something.

Anyone have any clue what this is? He guessed the movie was called Job, but I can't find any movie with that name that fits the description.

Okay nevermind I found it, it was Revolt of Job and was made in 1984, and isn't on dvd. :(

Jack Does Jihad fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 18, 2008