Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhenghizCohen
Feb 23, 2008

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsbicca
Aug 27, 2004
Ok i have a song stuck in my head and I'm sure someone here knows it. Its a rap song and has a chorus/sample that goes:

"brrrrtt" (this sounds kind of like a gun
"stick him
ha ha ha
stick him"

alternately it might be
"brrrrtt
get him
ha ha ha
get him"

I can't get it out of my head. Tried a google search but the words are too common.

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

tsbicca posted:

Ok i have a song stuck in my head and I'm sure someone here knows it. Its a rap song and has a chorus/sample that goes:

"brrrrtt" (this sounds kind of like a gun
"stick him
ha ha ha
stick him"

alternately it might be
"brrrrtt
get him
ha ha ha
get him"

I can't get it out of my head. Tried a google search but the words are too common.

the original sample is from the fat boyz song "human beatbox part II" but it's a really popular thing to sample and/or quote. the beastie boys have a song with the chorus based on that but there's a ton of other groups who have built songs around it as well.

you might even be thinking of the original because it was in a jeep commercial a little while ago.

tsbicca
Aug 27, 2004

Agitate! Agitate! posted:

the original sample is from the fat boyz song "human beatbox part II" but it's a really popular thing to sample and/or quote. the beastie boys have a song with the chorus based on that but there's a ton of other groups who have built songs around it as well.

you might even be thinking of the original because it was in a jeep commercial a little while ago.

Thank you for this!

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

okay, hrm, i was starting to think it was "river of deceit" by mad season but the melody sounds nothing like that.

this is gonna sound crazy but i think you're humming "The River" by Bruce Springsteen

Haha, you must be cause The River sounds nothing like what i hummed.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

GimpChimp posted:

I could be way off because I am not too familiar with the ambient end of Brian Eno's work or even the precise definition of ambient, but Moby has a song named God Moving Over The Face Of The Waters.

Haha no, it certainly was not Moby. I know that song.

Medium Bi posted:

WXYC's website has the current playlist, but their FAQ states:

I have emailed them before and never received a response. I have no idea why their playlist only tracks the last few hours, it should keep up for at least 24 hours, if not a week.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
I heard this one on an ad for a show on the history channel about the 70's or Woodstock or the gay rights movement or... maybe all of the above.
Anyway it's a disco song and the only lyrics I could make out were (roughly):

I'm real (The I'm is held so it's like "aaaaAAAhm real")
when we
get home boy I'm gonna...

And that is seriously all I could make out. Sorry to have such scant info but it's been driving me nuts. I really like the tune and would like to include it in a disco mix that I am making.

The ad was on the History channel in Japan by the way... I don't know if they are or were running the same one in any English speaking countries.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

KillerJunglist posted:

I heard this one on an ad for a show on the history channel about the 70's or Woodstock or the gay rights movement or... maybe all of the above.
Anyway it's a disco song and the only lyrics I could make out were (roughly):

I'm real (The I'm is held so it's like "aaaaAAAhm real")
when we
get home boy I'm gonna...

And that is seriously all I could make out. Sorry to have such scant info but it's been driving me nuts. I really like the tune and would like to include it in a disco mix that I am making.

The ad was on the History channel in Japan by the way... I don't know if they are or were running the same one in any English speaking countries.

Sylvester - "You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)"?

Zero Three
Mar 2, 2007
Not Entirely Human

Zero Three fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Nov 19, 2012

quizilla
May 31, 2005
huge slut
Alright, here it goes:
Looking for a song with a hook line/chorus that goes "*** got a gun, *** got a gun". I think the name was Betsy, but memory could fail me, because Google shows me nothing. It's Hip Hop/Rap, as far as I can remember, but it's not Jadakiss or T.I. The voice sounds Mos Def-y though. Might have seen a music video for it, circa 1999-2003.

MC Scaredabeez
Feb 10, 2008

the beastie boys have a song with the chorus based on that

what the hell beastie boys song are you referring to?

also, i think this guy is thinking of an intro to a Reel Big Fish song from that Turn the Radio off album.

MC Scaredabeez fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 6, 2008

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

MC Scaredabeez posted:

what the hell beastie boys song are you referring to?

also, i think this guy is thinking of an intro to a Reel Big Fish song from that Turn the Radio off album.

this beastie boys song:

http://profile.imeem.com/ubLwmp/music/0rDuVP9C/beastie_boys_brrr_stick_em/

i believe it's a b-side from a To the Five Boroughs single

seriously if you are a fan of hip hop at all, you've heard the fat boys sample and/or quote in about 800 songs, it's pretty much impossible to pin down with just that to go on -- off the top of my head i can think of Cam'ron, MC Eiht, E-40, Jeru The Damaja, Beatnuts -- poo poo if an MC has more than three or four LPs out there's a very good chance they've dropped this line once or twice, it's even more ubiquitous than "SUICIDE - it's a suicide"

edit: not to mention the massive amount of D&B producers that have used it for a hook as well

Freddie Gibbis fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 6, 2008

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease

Zero Three posted:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d4b_1175145472

I've been trying to identify the song in the above basejumping video for some time now.

Unfortunately the audio quality is really bad. I only catch a single word here and there and can't piece enough of it together for a successful Google search.

Does anyone recognize the band/song?

Yelp - Voluntary Sacrifice

You can grab a live version from their myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/yelpband

This Is Not An Exit
Aug 12, 2007
I've been listening to this one for a while. Nobody responding the video seems to know it either.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3D7d6PgfcCw

Julien Sorel
Jan 27, 2006

Voted Worst Marksman of 1830

This Is Not An Exit posted:

I've been listening to this one for a while. Nobody responding the video seems to know it either.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3D7d6PgfcCw

In the comments, someone name drops "Yama Arashi". No name of the actual song though.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

FitFortDanga posted:

Sylvester - "You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)"?

YES! Thank you! I looked it up and I actually have it in my collection even (on CD, but that's what mixing software is for). Thank you so much FitFortDanga, I owe ya one!

Elphiem
Dec 4, 2005

CFC Fan
I really need help trying to find the name and artist of a song I heard, I've searched for hours for the few lyrics that I remember, but I just can't find the song's name.

The main lyrics I remember, and they were used a lot were like: "spending our days in the sun", or "spending our time in the sun", and also some lyrics about "all is gone" or "all is lost", and it got repeated a lot, I think it was the chorus. The lyric "in the sun" or "the sun" was used a lot.

The song itself sounded Jamaican or Caribbean in style.

The closest lyrics that I could find, are the lyrics to "Seasons in the sun", but the song sounds nothing like that, as I said it has a Jamaican sound to it, it's like reggae.

The main clue would be the constant use of the lyric "the sun", it was used almost all the time, I don't think that I've heard any other song use "the sun" as much as this one.

Thanks.

EDIT: The lyrics from "Seasons in the Sun" that looked familiar were "We had seasons in the sun", and the "have all gone" lyric, but as I said the song sounded way different.

Elphiem fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Mar 6, 2008

Zero Three
Mar 2, 2007
Not Entirely Human

jeff8472 posted:

Yelp - Voluntary Sacrifice

You can grab a live version from their myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/yelpband

Yes, that's it! Thanks a bunch! :D

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Elphiem posted:

I really need help trying to find the name and artist of a song I heard, I've searched for hours for the few lyrics that I remember, but I just can't find the song's name.

The main lyrics I remember, and they were used a lot were like: "spending our days in the sun", or "spending our time in the sun", and also some lyrics about "all is gone" or "all is lost", and it got repeated a lot, I think it was the chorus. The lyric "in the sun" or "the sun" was used a lot.

The song itself sounded Jamaican or Caribbean in style.

The closest lyrics that I could find, are the lyrics to "Seasons in the sun", but the song sounds nothing like that, as I said it has a Jamaican sound to it, it's like reggae.

The main clue would be the constant use of the lyric "the sun", it was used almost all the time, I don't think that I've heard any other song use "the sun" as much as this one.

Thanks.

EDIT: The lyrics from "Seasons in the Sun" that looked familiar were "We had seasons in the sun", and the "have all gone" lyric, but as I said the song sounded way different.

It's kind of a long shot but might this be "Island In The Sun" by Weezer?

Elphiem
Dec 4, 2005

CFC Fan

blinkeve1826 posted:

It's kind of a long shot but might this be "Island In The Sun" by Weezer?

No, it sounded like a Caribbean, or Jamaican black guy was singing it.

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Elphiem posted:

No, it sounded like a Caribbean, or Jamaican black guy was singing it.

there's a pretty famous old rocksteady song by david isaacs called 'place in the sun' that stevie wonder covered, the lyrics seem to cover everything you've said and it's definitely a carribean fellow singing

is this it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AbpKFgXoBQ

edit to add: holy gently caress did paul simon ever rip this song off for "kodachrome", i never noticed

Elphiem
Dec 4, 2005

CFC Fan

there's a pretty famous old rocksteady song by david isaacs called 'place in the sun' that stevie wonder covered, the lyrics seem to cover everything you've said and it's definitely a carribean fellow singing

is this it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AbpKFgXoBQ

Unfortunately no, that isn't it, and it wasn't an upbeat song. It was more like a song about hard times or remembering the past, and singing about it in a soulful way, and about time or days in the sun.

It was such a good song, drat.

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One

Elphiem posted:

I'm probably completely wrong, but the first song that comes to my mind is Sunshine Reggae.

I'm 99% percent sure it's not the one you're looking for, but I figured to just give it a shot.

Elphiem
Dec 4, 2005

CFC Fan

Rivfader posted:

I'm probably completely wrong, but the first song that comes to my mind is Sunshine Reggae.

I'm 99% percent sure it's not the one you're looking for, but I figured to just give it a shot.

Sadly no, but thanks.

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.
If the piece in this video is not an original work, would anyone happen to know what it is exactly? It sounds drat familiar but I can't place it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CwXKPTwJ7kc

Socket Ryanist
Aug 30, 2004

There are two tracks in this clip that I streamripped from a DI mix, the mix is Mixology 9 if that helps.

One of the hooks is at 1:00-1:30 or so, and the hook of the second song is at about 2:30

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~rfm/epclip.mp3

powderedwigmachine
Jan 8, 2006

From powder to syrup in one easy step
Dubstep goons-

This tune's been haunting me for ages. I thought it was "Colourful" by Skream, but it's not, just kinda similar. The same kinda flute/pipe melody, but this one's a bit slower, and very melancholy (haunting, even), with the bass backing it up a lot more.

I wish I could give you more information.

EDIT: No lyrics or voice samples that I'm aware of, either, if that narrows it down. It's the main difference between it and "Colourful"

Toothy
Jan 30, 2006

There's treasure everywhere!
I'm looking for the name of a song that played in a Washington State Lotto commercial a few years back. The commercial shows events happening in backwards slow-motion and then forwards again at the very end. It is a 4/4 simple guitar riff with eerie ambient sounds, and drums enter in a catchy beat after about 8 measures. Any help would be cool!

Toxin
Mar 13, 2001
I'm going crazy trying to identify a song that I heard at a party the other night.

It starts off with what I think is an acoustic guitar and then a male voice starts chanting "dun dun dundundun dun" (or maybe "dum dum dumdumdum dum"). The whole song has a sort of Eastern or Central-Asian feel to it. It (or at least the version I was listening to) is a good dance song as well. I don't think the song is obscure, but random google searches have so far not turned up anything.

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

Toxin posted:

I'm going crazy trying to identify a song that I heard at a party the other night.

It starts off with what I think is an acoustic guitar and then a male voice starts chanting "dun dun dundundun dun" (or maybe "dum dum dumdumdum dum"). The whole song has a sort of Eastern or Central-Asian feel to it. It (or at least the version I was listening to) is a good dance song as well. I don't think the song is obscure, but random google searches have so far not turned up anything.

Bob Sinclair - Love Generation?

Toxin
Mar 13, 2001

From Earth posted:

Bob Sinclair - Love Generation?

Yesss!!! It was a remix of this song. Thank you so much!!!

ass is hometown
Jan 11, 2006

I gotta take a leak. When I get back, we're doing body shots.
Theres a pop song on the radio right now, one chick braging about winning a guy over naother girl, i don't know if the song is about her having the guy or winning the guy.

any help?

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease

Ridonkulous posted:

Theres a pop song on the radio right now, one chick braging about winning a guy over naother girl, i don't know if the song is about her having the guy or winning the guy.

any help?

Paramore - Misery Business

Chajara
Jan 18, 2005

Alright I have to find out what song this is because I don't hear it often at all and have pretty much no chance of figuring it out on my own since I'm not sure what the lyrics are... only what they sound like. I doubt I have them right since a search didn't turn up the song, and since I don't listen to the radio much and they don't play it at the store I work at I doubt I'll have a chance to listen to it closely to get the lyrics right for a search.

Basically, on a road trip in '05 I heard a song by a chick that sounds kind of like Meredith Brooks (at least how she sounds in that Bitch song since that's the only one I've heard as far as I know) and the one part I remember sounds like "It's the same, same same/it's the same same same". I heard the song not too long ago for a second time and it brought back all these nostalgic feelings of that road trip that I had so much fun on, and it's driving me nuts because no amount of searching has turned it up. Surely one of you knows what song I'm talking about. :/

SebAndSeb
Apr 23, 2007

hello

SebAndSeb posted:

I saw a song on one of those video jukebox things in a bowling place a little while ago, which I remember hearing on the radio a long time ago but so far my attempts at finding it have failed.

The only lyrics I can remember are 'I wanna be free... yeah, yeah yeah', which is probably the chorus and definitely comes up over and over throughout the song. The 'yeah's are sort of drawn out also, kind of like, 'yeeeaah, yeeaah, yeeah'.

I'm guessing it was popular around the late 90's or something? That's when I get the impression I heard it around the place, although it could've been a little later maybe.

That's pretty much all I can remember about it; I caught a glimpse of the music video but I don't remember anything of it apart from that one of the guys had an afro. Possibly.

Surely someone knows what I'm talking about?!

Can I give this one more chance before I give up forever?

Spider Crusoe
Jan 30, 2005

SebAndSeb posted:

Can I give this one more chance before I give up forever?
Sounds like "Fly Away" by Lenny Kravitz

SebAndSeb
Apr 23, 2007

hello

Spider Crusoe posted:

Sounds like "Fly Away" by Lenny Kravitz

Yes! Thank you so much!

My memory sucks though, I had those lyrics messed up bad :pwn:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
It's early 70s (probably 60s) at least, it's some easy listening bullshit from that era but I don't know what it is or who it's by, James Last, Zamfir, Morricone, hosed if I know. (Obviously, since I'm posting it in this thread.)

This is me banging it out on the keyboard.
http://grudnuk.com/audio/whatisit.mp3

It's NOT Greensleeves.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Chajara posted:

Alright I have to find out what song this is because I don't hear it often at all and have pretty much no chance of figuring it out on my own since I'm not sure what the lyrics are... only what they sound like. I doubt I have them right since a search didn't turn up the song, and since I don't listen to the radio much and they don't play it at the store I work at I doubt I'll have a chance to listen to it closely to get the lyrics right for a search.

Basically, on a road trip in '05 I heard a song by a chick that sounds kind of like Meredith Brooks (at least how she sounds in that Bitch song since that's the only one I've heard as far as I know) and the one part I remember sounds like "It's the same, same same/it's the same same same". I heard the song not too long ago for a second time and it brought back all these nostalgic feelings of that road trip that I had so much fun on, and it's driving me nuts because no amount of searching has turned it up. Surely one of you knows what song I'm talking about. :/

is it Medicine - The Pink?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-RUCbvONYCI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grease Faucet
Feb 24, 2007
For that just-brushed feeling
The song I'm looking for is from the early to mid-'90s, I believe. Usually I have something to go on, but I continue to draw blanks on this one. It has a pretty heavy piano melody which I attempted to remake with this site.

C C Eb C A# A# Eb A# A A Eb C F C Eb

(I'm not entirely sure if this song is a figment of my imagination or not, but any help would be much obliged)