Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Some more pics of my EC-1000, it's kind of odd I've never seen a 1000 series without Deluxe on the headstock, except mine. These pics suck and don't represent the color of the top very well unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosir
Jun 11, 2006
Sexy, but it would be ubersex if it was in blue, or even blood red :gizz:

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

Nosir posted:

Sexy, but it would be ubersex if it was in blue, or even blood red :gizz:

You can get see-thru black cherry or see-thru blue

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

The good news: My new (to me) Avatar Vintage cab arrived today, and it looks awesome!

The bad news: Somewhere along the way, the magnets on both speakers cracked, so it sounds like rear end.

Drazzy
Oct 5, 2003

If I had $20 right now, I'd probably put it towards one of my many bills that I have yet to pay.
I have someone on their way over to sell me a 70's MXR Distortion+ pedal for $30CDN. Will post pictures when I get it :)

Raze
Aug 13, 2005

I'M GOING HOME.

bisticles posted:

The bad news: Somewhere along the way, the magnets on both speakers cracked, so it sounds like rear end.

:gonk:
How the hell does that even happen? Force? Temp. changes? Will Avatar replace them, or are you stuck with the tab? :(

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Raze posted:

:gonk:
How the hell does that even happen? Force? Temp. changes? Will Avatar replace them, or are you stuck with the tab? :(

I'm assuming a few choice drops with the magnets being very cold. It was packaged really well, and there's no way that anything could have directly hit the magnets, so something epic must've happened along the way, although I don't see any other damage. I talked with the guy who sent it to me (it's used) and trust him that it was ok when he sent it out, so I'll probably have to eat the cost myself. They were Hellatone 60s, which I was really looking forward to hearing, too.

edit: vvvv I'm gonna talk to him and see what he wants to do.

an AOL chatroom fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 12, 2008

ZombiePeanut
May 11, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Did he not get shipping insurance?

Drazzy
Oct 5, 2003

If I had $20 right now, I'd probably put it towards one of my many bills that I have yet to pay.
$30 dollars later... an awesome-condition 70's MXR Distortion+

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Drazzy posted:

left handed guitars make me feel weird.

Drazzy
Oct 5, 2003

renraku posted:

left handed guitars make me feel weird.

I have the same feeling for right handed guitars. I can't walk into a Guitar Center without cringing. Then I walk over to where they have all of 4 MIM Strats/Teles. :(

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

hamaien posted:

Maybe it was the 'Did you get head' thing.

Yeah, I thought it'd be more obvious than it apparently was. v:)v

noblystabbed
Jun 25, 2006

talls.donjis.com
I just got this little guy for $150:

Ok, I lied: it isn't little. It's a gently caress-off huge Carvin RL118. It can handle 600W at 4 ohms, which is way more than my wee amp can put out. It sounds pretty awesome and is pretty articulate for an 18" speaker.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Handen posted:

Yeah, I thought it'd be more obvious than it apparently was. v:)v

:lol: Sorry about that. I just started lurking around in ML and I didn't know if there was some hidden rule or something.

kaptainkaffeine
Apr 1, 2003

Drug Free Since: Lunch

Ville Valo posted:

Korg R3

Really fun sounds, lots of great basses, full keys are nice, and the vocoder is ridiculous fun. First thing I learned to play with it is Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap, next up will be some Daft Punk. I'm playing with headphones so all my neighbors get to hear is my horribly off-key singing, but I hear just the beautiful vocoder sounds. :D

But wait, I didn't really buy the R3 to play on... I bought it to supply sounds for...

My Roland AX-1! With awesome black-marble finish, just tacky enough to be perfect for my tastes. Sweet jesus this thing is fun.

Next up is a two-channel keyboard amp so I can get my Roland V-Drums in as well as these babies, and actually make some noise.

you bastard

I want that so bad.

noblystabbed
Jun 25, 2006

talls.donjis.com

Mighty Scoop posted:

Just ordered an Avatar B212 Neo from steamcomusic.com. Finally, I won't have to play through a Rumble 60 anymore.

I, too, am interested in what head you use with that. An Avatar cab is in my future and I'm curious to see what other people put on top of theirs.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

noblystabbed posted:

I, too, am interested in what head you use with that. An Avatar cab is in my future and I'm curious to see what other people put on top of theirs.

I had a pair of Avatar 112's for a LONG time, and used either an AMP BH260, an SWR preamp or Aguilar preamp +DCM1000 power amp, or Aguilar AG500. All three rocked exceptionally hard, and the little 112's could easily take the 1000w from the Carvin power amp, but the AG500 was probably the perfect match.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

N8L0 posted:

I don't own a guitar, and I've been postponing starting to play until graduation, but wow, that is a great color, even though you say the pictures don't do it justice.

Too bad it's more than likely out of my price range for a beginner guitar. :smith:

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

kaptainkaffeine posted:

you bastard

I want that so bad.

That was pretty much the opinion of the entire staff of Guitar Center when I went to try out synths with the keytar. I think I made their keyboard dept. guy's night when I asked him to play it for me since I'm really bad and wanted to be impressed by whatever I ended up buying.

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

Drazzy posted:

I have someone on their way over to sell me a 70's MXR Distortion+ pedal for $30CDN. Will post pictures when I get it :)

$30 with delivery?

You bastard.

Drazzy
Oct 5, 2003

pennywisdom posted:

$30 with delivery?

You bastard.

I lucked the gently caress out. I know, I know. Don't hate me when I decide to eBay it in the near future for much much more. Haha!

Drazzy
Oct 5, 2003

Drazzy posted:

Okay okay, so the guy lied to me. I pulled this badboy apart when I changed the battery and found out the date of the pots. CTS Pots dated back to Week 20 of 1980.

I found this page very helpful! http://www.answers.com/topic/mxr-2?cat=technology
Has alot of info on MXR history. According to that page, pedals after '81 had power LED's and a 9V input. Mine doesn't have either, yay. I like owning a pedal that's older than I am :)

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

noblystabbed posted:

I'm gonna use a Peavey 400 Series that I got for 80 bucks. I posted a picture a few pages back, but here it is again:

It sounds nasty as hell, but in a good way.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

Roland Juno G. What a loving powerhouse for the money. I believe it's based off the Fantom, which means a lot of really awesome sounds. The keys feel great and the whole unit is extremely light and easy to transport. I haven't dove into the recording section too much, but it appears it's just as robust as everything else on this thing.

Yamaha YDP-223. This is my workhorse. When I need to sit down and teach, or feel like recording something a little more classical, this is it. Keys are solid, the sounds are near perfect, and pedal feel is great.

Sorry for the lovely photos.

Edit:

Ville Valo posted:

Korg R3

You PRICK BASTARD. The R3 will be mine someday. Just how good is the vocoder? I hear mixed reviews.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Mar 12, 2008

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

PISS FACTORY GO posted:

You PRICK BASTARD. The R3 will be mine someday. Just how good is the vocoder? I hear mixed reviews.

Vocoder's great; included mic is kind of crappy. It uses a regular mic port unlike the Microkorg though, so I can just replace it with a real one on a stand eventually.

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

Drazzy posted:

Okay okay, so the guy lied to me. I pulled this badboy apart when I changed the battery and found out the date of the pots. CTS Pots dated back to Week 20 of 1980.

I found this page very helpful! http://www.answers.com/topic/mxr-2?cat=technology
Has alot of info on MXR history. According to that page, pedals after '81 had power LED's and a 9V input. Mine doesn't have either, yay. I like owning a pedal that's older than I am :)

Nice! Now we're on the same page. I just picked up a '80 MXR gate for $50, woo hoo!

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

TheBigAristotle posted:

I don't own a guitar, and I've been postponing starting to play until graduation, but wow, that is a great color, even though you say the pictures don't do it justice.

Too bad it's more than likely out of my price range for a beginner guitar. :smith:

I got mine from American Musical for $879 or 3 easy payments of $293!

Drazzy
Oct 5, 2003

Tomorrow I am going to go buy a delay pedal. Any suggestions on something cheap and effective?

Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Hi. Did you order the Mongolian… Beef?

Drazzy posted:

Tomorrow I am going to go buy a delay pedal. Any suggestions on something cheap and effective?

Cheap great delay = Danelectro PB&J

20, 25 used, tops and it sounds far more organic than the Boss DD's or the Ibanez delays.

It also doesn't color your sound as much as the Danelectro Dan Echo does.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Picked up a 1986 Mesa/Boogie Mark III head a couple of weeks ago. It's one of the Simul-Class versions which means it can switch between only using a pair of EL34s in Class-A mode for ~15W of output or using those as well as an additional pair of 6L6 tubes in push-pull mode for a combined ~85W total.

This thing oozes 'metal'. :rock:

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Catastrophe posted:

Picked up a 1986 Mesa/Boogie Mark III head a couple of weeks ago. It's one of the Simul-Class versions which means it can switch between only using a pair of EL34s in Class-A mode for ~15W of output or using those as well as an additional pair of 6L6 tubes in push-pull mode for a combined ~85W total.

This thing oozes 'metal'. :rock:

I hate you.

I'm sure it also oozes tone. :iceburn:

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
2000 Mexican Fender Precision Special. Needs to have the pots replaced, but other than that it was a steal for $300. I love craigslist. Pardon the loose string ends; I just set it up for C standard/drop Bb.

LOO
Mar 5, 2004

She has arrived.

Fender Custom Shop '60 Relic Stratocaster

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

LOO posted:

She has arrived.

GOD drat.

That is wonderful.

pennywisdom
Mar 21, 2004

LOO posted:

She has arrived.

Very subtle, me likey.

Pyrthas
Jan 22, 2007
I've posted this in some other threads (like the guitars that you like thread), but now I get to post it here, which is awfully exciting. Should be here next Friday.

1936 Epiphone Deluxe

There's just about nothing I'd change even if I could.

Ichron
May 6, 2007

It's hip to be square.

LOO posted:

She has arrived.

I don't mind a relic like that at all. It's the ones that are so beat up they look like driftwood with strings and are obviously not that way through actual play that make me want to stick my thumb in my eyes.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
This may be cheating since it isn't the LAST thing I purchased but it is a recent purchase..

You may never see one of these again. If you don't know the story of Matamp you may want to read this story. From what I'm told, only 21 Matamp Roadsters made it to the USA and most of those were combo versions of the amp instead of these head versions. All hand-made from start to finish, 120W, single channel, EL34 based. It's kind of a higher gain version of the Matamp GTL you hear on.. well, pretty much every stoner/doom metal album ever. The only other one I've ever seen for sale was the one the guitarist from Electric Wizard sold recently. Anyway:

cylyk
Feb 3, 2006
T_T

LOO posted:

She has arrived.

I'm jealous. That's my dream strat, minus the relic job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WantlessPonder
Apr 4, 2007

Kinda like a pint a Guinness.
So, it finally arrived two days ago. Only took 10 weeks (long story - bottom line: thomann.de are awesome; musik-produktiv.de are not).

And being the dork that I am, I documented it:

What can I say, it was worth waiting 10 weeks for. :) Now I just need to hook my baby up with some new pickups. Also, new amp.

For those who're wondering, it's a Dean ML 79 with Floyd Rose. Colour: trans-brazilianburst!