Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

subscreet posted:

Why no callers? Isn't that still the premise of the show?

Because Adam's going to be there for the first time in three years. If they take one call I will be shocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
This is the best news I've ever heard. Stryker better not be there too.

Saerdna
Aug 8, 2004
I just started listening to Loveline and it's awesome. Have they ever had Norm McDonald as a guest? He would be great.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tudRETrphxk
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GoLm-vD89SQ

Saerdna fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Mar 12, 2008

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Gentleman, we have seen the future.

Saerdna posted:

I just started listening to Loveline and it's awesome. Have they ever had Norm McDonald as a guest? He would be great.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tudRETrphxk

He seems to be on carolla's new show a lot. he was on last week for an hour or so, the podcast is free on iTunes.

The Juicy Dangler
Nov 6, 2005
A writer? but you havent even got a pen
There was this awesome episode I heard, I think from '05, where pretty much the whole episode he was going into the generic morning radio announcer's voice.

It was hilarious, because you knew it was coming every time they came back from commercial. Adam would just start that "HeHeHe" laugh, and I knew it would be awesome.

Anyone know the episode?

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

The Juicy Dangler posted:

There was this awesome episode I heard, I think from '05, where pretty much the whole episode he was going into the generic morning radio announcer's voice.

It was hilarious, because you knew it was coming every time they came back from commercial. Adam would just start that "HeHeHe" laugh, and I knew it would be awesome.

Anyone know the episode?

He has been doing that for several years, and does it at least once a week. You need to find his Ace Rockolla bits and the lightning rounds at the end of earlier shows, you'll be on the floor.

dsh
Aug 2, 2003
Is anyone maintaining current recordings of Loveline? I'd love to hear Thursday night's episode but I won't be able to when it airs.

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma

Grand Fromage posted:

Because Adam's going to be there for the first time in three years. If they take one call I will be shocked.
This is pretty faulty logic I think. It would be retarded if he DIDN'T take calls.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
Reminder: Adam will be (briefly) returning to Loveline tomorrow night. I know this was already posted, but more people gotta know!

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah

dsh posted:

Is anyone maintaining current recordings of Loveline? I'd love to hear Thursday night's episode but I won't be able to when it airs.

Someone will record it, I'm sure of it.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Grand Fromage posted:

Why would you be shocked? Do you think Adam's just going to sit there and do material for two hours? Don't get me wrong, I love Adam's conversations with Drew, but half the fun of Loveline is when Adam yells at callers.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I really didn't think a joke about Adam talking a lot and going off on tangents instead of taking calls would be this controversial. Forget I ever made it.

Johnny Future
Jul 22, 2007

Saving the cosmos one powerchord at a time
Rape is not a sexual act. It is a violent crime....where you cum.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Johnny Future posted:

It is no different than if I went into a liqour store, pistol whipped the korean guy behind the counter. And then came, it is a violent crime drew. It is NOT a sexual crime.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Johnny Future posted:

It's just like if you went into a liquor store, beat the bejesus out of the Korean owner... and ejaculated. Exactly the same.

Edit: Goddamnit.

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 13, 2008

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
My favorite bit of Adam and Drew banter was always when Adam would try to relate the caller's problems to Drew's children. It made Drew horribly uncomfortable and Adam just wouldn't let it go.

(paraphrased)
"Ok Drew, let's say you walk in on your son and his girlfriend having sex, and she's wearing a strap-on. Would you rather walk in on your son getting banged by the strap-on, or going down on it?"

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord

Malachi Constant posted:

I'm wondering if there is anywhere that has a wiki-like setup where we could post summaries of every show. I've listened to them all and I'm thinking about going through them all again. It would be nice to have a place where we could post summaries of each show and note important events (origins of drops, famous calls, first time X appeared).

Is there anywhere online that we could do this?

Sorry this is late, but I am preparing something like this. Any interest?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Dr. Drew is on CNN talking to Anderson Cooper about how Elliot Spitzer's wives father probably neglected her. I'll try and link.

Maybe he's on there alot, but I just happened to flip it on and was like, 'hey,I'd recognize that voice anywhere!'.

Moist von Lipwig fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 13, 2008

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Nemo posted:

My favorite bit of Adam and Drew banter was always when Adam would try to relate the caller's problems to Drew's children. It made Drew horribly uncomfortable and Adam just wouldn't let it go.

This is pretty related to my own favorite moment of Drew's, which was where one of his kid's friends called in with some rather bizarre sexual problem. He refused to take the call on air once he learned that and told the person to talk to him in person next time she came over to his house, if I remember correctly.

Twobits
Apr 30, 2007
Hey, guys. It is confirmed.

Adam carolla is a guest on Loveline tomorrow (march 13). I hope there's some way to record it.

edit: I didn't see the earlier post..

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all

H2SO4 posted:

Sorry this is late, but I am preparing something like this. Any interest?

If you set up a Lovline Wiki, I'll happily contribute. I listened to all the episodes in the torrent last year and was just about to start again.

Hopefully we could get lots of goons to contribute. Anyone else up for it?

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

More than willing, I have always wanted something like this, there are so many bits I wish I can remember that I have heard. I listen to 2 or so shows a day, count me in.

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.

Omnicarus posted:

This is pretty related to my own favorite moment of Drew's, which was where one of his kid's friends called in with some rather bizarre sexual problem. He refused to take the call on air once he learned that and told the person to talk to him in person next time she came over to his house, if I remember correctly.
This reminds me of whenever they would get a call from someone at a school Drew was going to to do a speech and him and Adam started talking about how they misinterpret whatever they say "Hey I'm stinky vagina guy Drew! You told me to, uh, hit that, take her from the back, and then kick her to the curb! AND I DID IT DREW!"

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I have never been more giddy with anticipation for a Stryker-era show before. Although I have a sad feeling that Adam will hold back and it won't be as good as it could be. But I'm gonna try to call in anyways. I'm dying to know if Pan-Pan still tries to sell Adam more of those steak knives.

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma

Grand Fromage posted:

I really didn't think a joke about Adam talking a lot and going off on tangents instead of taking calls would be this controversial. Forget I ever made it.
You're less funny than Stryker fyi.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Dr. Drew is on the Adam Carolla show now.

http://www.971freefm.com/

Griffon
May 14, 2003

Oh no, I just caught the last few minutes. Did someone record it?

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Griffon posted:

Look under bits and they should have the podcast up in a little while.

TheKub
May 11, 2006

Brain Curry posted:

It's Loveline - 2004-01-06 (Guest - Jeremy McGrath).mp3. The dude's name is Marcus. Hopefully that helps you find it on the website. Marcus shows up around 39:25

Marcus was hilarious.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
The itunes podcast is up for the adam show.

+Well...part of it...Maybe they'll put up more.

EnsGDT fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 13, 2008

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Let's take bets on how long it takes for Drew to take a swing at the mic tonight. Dibs on under five minutes.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Griffon posted:

http://podcast.971freefm.com/klsx1/962970.mp3
http://podcast.971freefm.com/klsx1/962981.mp3
http://podcast.971freefm.com/klsx1/962988.mp3
http://podcast.971freefm.com/klsx1/963001.mp3

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Dr. Drew is on CNN talking to Anderson Cooper about how Elliot Spitzer's wives father probably neglected her. I'll try and link.

Maybe he's on there alot, but I just happened to flip it on and was like, 'hey,I'd recognize that voice anywhere!'.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4FSID0T0

grantsnx
Mar 11, 2006
Forget Regret
Are there any sites that are going to be streaming the show?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

grantsnx posted:

Are there any sites that are going to be streaming the show?

http://www.kroq.com/

subscreet
Jul 1, 2007
e: Show starts at 1 am EST.

Also, has anybody seen the trailer for Adam's new semi-autobiographical movie? It's about a boxing instructor, who is also a construction worker, who tries to make it big at age 39. It looks promising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4kIXXCSwt8
https://www.myspace.com/thehammermovie

subscreet fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 14, 2008

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

Now what the fuck are some of these god damn questions?
I listened to all the DAG episodes today at work. I laughed like an idiot for ten minutes or so when DAG called Roy Horn a Nazi leopard trainer.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all
Hah, lovelineshow.com has this wonderfully up to date bio of Adam on their front page:

quote:

One of the most versatile men in Hollywood. He recently hosted Comedy Central's "Too Late with Adam Carolla" and starred in TLC's "The Adam Carolla Project," which chronicled the renovation and subsequent sale of his boyhood home.

I hope Adam and Drew slip in to their old roles and Stryker shuts the hell up.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Malachi Constant posted:

I hope Adam and Drew slip in to their old roles and Stryker shuts the hell up.

I have to say I was a little bummed too when I saw "Dr. Drew and stryker will be welcoming Adam Carolla"

It's still all good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

I YouTubed the Drew on Anderson Cooper bit also, if anyone wants to see it without bothering with MegaUpload: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqFM_Vr0_1Y

• Locked thread