Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peppermate
Jul 2, 2007

by Ozma
what I want to know is why stryker's or however you loving spell it name is in front of Drew's on the scroller thing on the stream. not like drew's been doing the show for like 25 years or anything right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

What Fun posted:

Sucks.

To be fair, this is probably the largest call flood they've gotten in 3 years.
You would think the inability to cope with the trauma of seeing my grandmother raped by escaped monkeys would have gotten me through :(

\/\/\/\/\/ I know, this sucks.

manchego fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Mar 14, 2008

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
HE'S ONLY STAYING AN HOUR???

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

manchego posted:

You would think the inability to cope with the trauma of seeing my grandmother raped by escaped monkeys would have gotten me through :(

Wow, that's subtle. I'm surprised you didn't make it :rolleyes:

But yeah I'm sure anyone who gets on tonight called at like 8

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe
They can't even do an Adam reunion show right.

XBurritoXLogicX
Jun 26, 2005

by T. Finninho
is the show back on? The streaming player has been doing commercials for a long time now...

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Oh gently caress this poo poo I'm gonna go grab a razor and sit in the bathtub.

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

Now what the fuck are some of these god damn questions?

XBurritoXLogicX posted:

is the show back on? The streaming player has been doing commercials for a long time now...

What is this ten minutes of loving commercials?

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah

XBurritoXLogicX posted:

Online stuff is usually a bit behind the tv/radio broadcast.
EDIT: well gently caress I don't know on the stream I was listening to Adam just disappeared. gently caress.

Hydrogen Oxide fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Mar 14, 2008

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe

XBurritoXLogicX posted:

I think whatever stream you're listening to isn't very good. They just had a little bit of discussion, and Adam left for the night.

Bender fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Mar 14, 2008

grantsnx
Mar 11, 2006
Forget Regret
Yeah, time to turn the show off now.

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.
Anyone have a link to download last nights show? I remember there being an official site with with more recent episodes with stryker but I lost the link.

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

Anyone have a link to download last nights show? I remember there being an official site with with more recent episodes with stryker but I lost the link.

The official site has archives, but you have to pay money to download them for some reason.
Hahaha some guy got through and asked to talk to real co-host, not some jackoff. Now Stryker sounds so depressed.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Hahahaha some one just asked for Adam, the real co-host and "Not whoever the jackass I'm speaking to now is."

2 golden calls, back to back.

I'm glad I kept listening.

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

This guy they're talking to now is pretty awesome, too. "No question, I'm just relaxing :cheers:"

And then he swears on the air twice.

Look what happens in Adam's wake.

XBurritoXLogicX
Jun 26, 2005

by T. Finninho
gently caress KROQ's official loving streaming radio. Missed the last 10-15 minutes of Adam on the show (From what I can tell, seems to be playing best of now). So loving pissed off.

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah

XBurritoXLogicX posted:

gently caress KROQ's official loving streaming radio. Missed the last 10-15 minutes of Adam on the show (From what I can tell, seems to be playing best of now). So loving pissed off.

Working fine for me.

XBurritoXLogicX
Jun 26, 2005

by T. Finninho

Hydrogen Oxide posted:

Working fine for me.

It went into a commercial break and never came back. Just started playing some crappy song and then nothing but commercials for around 10 minutes before I restarted it.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
"I'm 10 months pregnant. I smoke weed twice a week, is it bad for my baby."

10 months pregnant?

Why did they let Adam leave for these?

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah
Was there any specific reason Adam left early? He used to do the Stern show on an hour of sleep a few days in a row.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Hydrogen Oxide posted:

Was there any specific reason Adam left early? He used to do the Stern show on an hour of sleep a few days in a row.

Maybe he threatened to kill Stryker if he didn't stop interrupting him on air. Goddamn he was annoying, I'd have left early too.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Do we have a recording? I had to work at the bar all night so I missed it.

Jagfire
Aug 16, 2003

Boing!

Omnicarus posted:

Maybe he threatened to kill Stryker if he didn't stop interrupting him on air. Goddamn he was annoying, I'd have left early too.

Seriously. He was worse than Danny Bonaduce was.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all
Overall, disappointing. Stryker steps on Adam's jokes and Drew's advice consistently.

Adam is on for only the first hour, then leaves abruptly with no announcement (I wonder if he had some kind of argument with Stryker and just walked out. He always wants to go home, so I wouldn't be surprised if he just said "gently caress it" and left. Adam promoted this appearance on his show, so it's surprising that he just disappeared after the first hour). Shortly after that, Jeff from Boise calls:

quote:

Caller: Hey, who's this jack-off? I want to talk to the real co-host.

Stryker: Yeah, it's me, Stryker, what are you doing?

Caller: Nah, the Ace man.

Stryker: He's gone! You-you gotta talk to me, Jeff. Come on you can handle it, buddy.

Anderson: Jim, Jim, Jim.

Stryker: Huh? Go back to Jim? Alright, let's see.

After that Stryker seems beat down. I'd feel sorry for him except he's so bad. Drew tries to help him, but it seems like he's so used to a strong lead host that he can't save him from his stupidity.

It's really surprising that after all the years that Stryker has been on the show he hasn't learned anything about the problems that the show handles. Even though Adam started out without knowing these things he learned quickly. It's embarassing to hear Drew stop and correct him so often.

I really like Drew's solo show that he does on AM during the day. It's so disappointing to hear how Loveline has fallen in the crapper.

I hope Adam will explain it during his show, but I fear he'll hold his tongue on behalf of Drew.

At the end there was this strange exchange:

quote:

Drew: It was my reunion night for me.

Stryker: Celebrity ... celebrity rehab reunion--

Drew: Reunion.

Stryker: --and Carolla reunion. But you and I are married, right?

Drew: Yes, that was the ex-wife show.

Stryker: That was your ex-wife, but you're still close with your ex-wife.

Drew: Right, we still have a friendship.

Stryker: Right, which is good. You're like Bruce Willis and Demi Moore.

Drew: In fact I like him just like--

Stryker: I'm Ashton Kutcher and you're Demi Moore!

Drew: No, it's even more weird because I like him more as a friend than as a wife.

Stryker: Oh, you do?

Drew: As soon as he comes in here all of a sudden it's like, "oh yeah that's why we got divorced."

Anderson: He's like my abusive uncle, I know that much.

edit: I recorded the show, and I'll host it if the mods are okay with it...

Malachi Constant fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Mar 14, 2008

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma
^The mods won't care, we post direct links to full show mp3s in this thread as a matter of routine.

Anyway...

Having Stryker there hosed up what would have otherwise been an awesome hour from the sounds of it. WHY DID THEY EVEN CHOOSE HIM TO REPLACE ADAM? COULDN'T THEY FIND SOMEONE ELSE A LITTLE MORE loving ENTERTAINING AND HARD HITTING OR IS THAT JUST TOO MUCH TO ASK OF HOLLYWOOD? GODDAMMIT

I won't even bother downloading it, I can't stand that unfunny motherfucker.

bigbowlowrong fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Mar 14, 2008

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe
I listened to the show for a few minutes after Adam left, and it was basically a shambles.

It really seems Drew has checked out on that show. Too bad.

Griffon
May 14, 2003

Well, You just have to write what you know. It looks really funny.

Griffon
May 14, 2003

Malachi Constant posted:

edit: I recorded the show, and I'll host it if the mods are okay with it...

Please do!

e: god dammit.

Griffon fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Mar 14, 2008

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe
Adam certainly didn't have a lot of glowing praise for Loveline on his show this morning. He didn't talk about his appearance last night specifically, but more about how much he disliked everyone who worked on Loveline in the past.

He did say that Drew just ate pretzels and watched his own TV show with the sound muted while Adam was in the studio, though.

All in all a pretty disappointing reunion.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Gentleman, we have seen the future.
Adam Carolla's "attack crows" bit with Bill Nye, this bit never gets old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFeJYCqF6gU&feature=related

Twobits
Apr 30, 2007

bigbowlowrong posted:

^The mods won't care, we post direct links to full show mp3s in this thread as a matter of routine.

Anyway...

Having Stryker there hosed up what would have otherwise been an awesome hour from the sounds of it. WHY DID THEY EVEN CHOOSE HIM TO REPLACE ADAM? COULDN'T THEY FIND SOMEONE ELSE A LITTLE MORE loving ENTERTAINING AND HARD HITTING OR IS THAT JUST TOO MUCH TO ASK OF HOLLYWOOD? GODDAMMIT

I won't even bother downloading it, I can't stand that unfunny motherfucker.

I don't know if I'm in the minority, here but I loved it when Rob Schneider subbed for Adam while he was plugging Duece Bigalo European Gigalo. I thought he did a pretty good job at giving advice and busted out some decent jokes. Drew said in show that he would love for rob to come back and sub for Adam all the time, and when Adam left I was hoping that he would be the replacement..

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

bigbowlowrong posted:

Okay, here's last night's show, commercial free. Right click and Save As. It's on my own hosting.

Brice
Jul 23, 2006
Is It Bad to Get Cheese in Open Cuts?
Edit

Brice fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Feb 19, 2015

Aero737
Apr 30, 2006

Malachi Constant posted:

Okay, here's last night's show, commercial free. Right click and Save As. It's on my own hosting.

Thank You! Mad I missed it last night.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Brice posted:

YOU ARE THE loving MAN. Thank You.
It really wasn't that funny. I've hardly listened to shows with Stryker, but Drew seems to yell a lot and be overall more agitated. It's offsetting because I'm used to hearing him more calm and rational compared to Adam's insanity.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

Interrupting Moss posted:

It really wasn't that funny. I've hardly listened to shows with Stryker, but Drew seems to yell a lot and be overall more agitated. It's offsetting because I'm used to hearing him more calm and rational compared to Adam's insanity.

Listen to Drew's daytime show, or his appearances on Adam's show. He's grown into his righteous indignation in a good way. Especially on his daytime radio show he rails against things like being handcuffed by insurance companies and idiotic comments by people like Dr. Phil and Dr. Laura.

He honestly seems to be doing Loveline out of habit lately. Stryker is a entertainment-sucking vacuum.

This show is more historical and interesting rather than funny.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Adam would have demanded a good guest stay for another commercial break.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Malachi Constant posted:

Thanks a ton.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Adam really tore into Loveline this morning on his show. I had always imagined that everyone there had an overall liking for one another, and even Anderson and Adam got along in a bizarre friendship way. This wasn't the case apparently. According to Adam this morning, no one ever liked him and he battled Producer Ann, the Production Manager, and pretty much everyone else minus Drew for the entire ten years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subscreet
Jul 1, 2007

Omnicarus posted:

Adam really tore into Loveline this morning on his show. I had always imagined that everyone there had an overall liking for one another, and even Anderson and Adam got along in a bizarre friendship way. This wasn't the case apparently. According to Adam this morning, no one ever liked him and he battled Producer Ann, the Production Manager, and pretty much everyone else minus Drew for the entire ten years.
I bet the fact that he loving made Loveline the legend it is today probably makes up for it. I, too, imagined that everybody at KROQ sort of got along. I thought the Adam/Anderson thing was sort of a gag.

• Locked thread