Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Oh poo poo! That did not happen, did it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

THE SMELL OF ADVENTURE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvldSrhscuo

rope kid fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 11, 2008

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Me next to my bike.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Me next to my bike.

Don't wear black jeans.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

TheTrend posted:

Don't wear black jeans.

Oh you noticed them. Thanks I like them too.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

"I'm gonna lock the throttle lock." :clint:

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

The guy runs the engine on the limiter for a few seconds.

"Nice."

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

What is this mystery olde tyme Honda?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
Honda Trail, I think.

edit / google confirms, ct90/ct110

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

Honda Trail, I think.
Yep, I think you're right.

FlyinDoc
Dec 20, 2007
Looks to me like the mighty CT110 (or another CT maybe)

The West Australian Postal Service use red ones, many of which get sold at auction after a while and get used as cheap commuters.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

rope kid posted:

What is this mystery olde tyme Honda?

that is one fatass bitch pad

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Pweller posted:

that is one fatass bitch pad

It goes nicely with the leg-burning exhaust, don't you think?

ChiliMac
Apr 13, 2005

That's why I never kiss 'em on the mouth.

TheTrend posted:

Don't wear black jeans.

What manner of rule is this?

bung
Dec 14, 2004

A few videos from MCN

Homemade V-8 motorcylcle

The £40,000 Kawasaki ER6

2008 KTM RC8 - it was worth it

BMW F650GS first ride

BMW F800GS first ride

TM Duke 690, 690 Enduro and 690 Supermoto in action

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

45 degrees? GOOD ENOUGH!

LENS FLARE!

I ARE SERIOUS BIKER

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
Six cylinders? Are you compensating for something? :ghost:

spacepirate
Feb 7, 2005
Yarr mateys!

Doctor Zero posted:

Bunch of pix

That is a big beautiful bike, what sort of gas mileage do you get with 6 cylinders?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Doctor Zero posted:

45 degrees? GOOD ENOUGH!

LENS FLARE!

I ARE SERIOUS BIKER

My God that is one big son of a bitch. I thought my CB750 was huge.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

spacepirate posted:

That is a big beautiful bike, what sort of gas mileage do you get with 6 cylinders?

Thanks! I don't know though. :haw: I bought it in January, and only now have gotten to ride it. Reports say anywhere between 35 and 45.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Doctor Zero posted:

Thanks! I don't know though. :haw: I bought it in January, and only now have gotten to ride it. Reports say anywhere between 35 and 45.

Your motorcycle has more cylinders than any car I've ever owned :psyduck:

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
That is one purdy bike. My ex-coworker had one but he was one of those 60 year old rebel without a cause guys who listened to music really loud on it instead of enjoying the smooth sound of engine. Jerk.

e: And he only bought 6 cylinders to compensate for being 5'3.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Doctor Zero posted:

45 degrees? GOOD ENOUGH!

Holy christ, it's huge :v:

That looks like an extremely comfortable ride.
What's your longest trip on that monstrosity?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Hypnolobster posted:

Holy christ, it's huge :v:

That looks like an extremely comfortable ride.
What's your longest trip on that monstrosity?

It's actually very comfortable, but I haven't ridden it for more than about 10 miles so far (just got it). The one thing that's odd about it is that the tank is loving massive and it takes some getting used to how wide the thing is compared to my 500.

teknicolor
Jul 18, 2004

I Want to Meet That Dad!
Do Da Doo Doo

Sepist posted:

e: And he only bought 6 cylinders to compensate for being 5'3.

Holy poo poo how did he get feet down? What's the seat height on that monster? It looks pretty high to me.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

It's actually very comfortable, but I haven't ridden it for more than about 10 miles so far (just got it). The one thing that's odd about it is that the tank is loving massive and it takes some getting used to how wide the thing is compared to my 500.

Well yeah, it's like riding a loving horse.

SqueekyD
Dec 1, 2004

Who wants to use my dongbone like a joystick and pretend you're flying an F-14?
That is one behemoth of a motorcycle. :cool:

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
VALHALLA

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
well it's just a cruisered goldwing isnt it? 1800cc right? 300 more than my car.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
You're totally going to get snobbed by the HARDCORE cruiser crowd for rolling with a joe rocket jacket and I hope a helmet.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

well it's just a cruisered goldwing isnt it? 1800cc right? 300 more than my car.

Yes, but it's the 1520 Goldwing engine.

EDIT: Actually, at the expense of sounding all nerdy, it isn't "just" a cruisered 'Wing. It's actually almost completely redesigned around the engine. Sure, the engine and shaft drive is the same, but the rest of the bike is built from the ground up.

Silver posted:

You're totally going to get snobbed by the HARDCORE cruiser crowd for rolling with a joe rocket jacket and I hope a helmet.

I'm a rebel within a rebel!

(and yes, I wear a helmet - I was just putting the bike away.)

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 16, 2008

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
Video of me riding my R6 on a damp semi wet track in beginner group :) I was riding my F4i trackbike but decided to sneak the R6 out with my friends sticker on it. Its pretty hilarious watching noobs freak out cause of the track being a little darker color. I think when I made this video I had the bike for total of about a week and done maybe a 100 street miles. Notice the keychain for extra lols.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz8uirh7Vbw

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Sweet "street fighters", brahs.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

HNasty posted:

Video of me riding my R6 on a damp semi wet track in beginner group :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz8uirh7Vbw

That's an awesome video, although the wind noise is annoying as gently caress.

Also I like the handlebar view - countersteering is still a foreign concept to me and watching you ride... actually didn't make it better at all. :( I can barely see the handlebars move, it just looks like the bike flicks from side to side without any steering effort.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

Ripoff posted:

That's an awesome video, although the wind noise is annoying as gently caress.

Also I like the handlebar view - countersteering is still a foreign concept to me and watching you ride... actually didn't make it better at all. :( I can barely see the handlebars move, it just looks like the bike flicks from side to side without any steering effort.

With an increase in speed it takes less movement of the handlebars. Also other inputs like like pushing on the pegs and moving your body help.

It seems like those who are being passed are looking behind them a lot. No wonder they are getting passed! I've never been on a track, so tell me, are they being overly cautious?

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k

teknicolor posted:

Holy poo poo how did he get feet down? What's the seat height on that monster? It looks pretty high to me.

It never occurred to me to think about that, either his was lowered or he had an extremely powerful left leg.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

rope kid posted:

Sweet "street fighters", brahs.

Hahaha, AKA, "OH poo poo I crashed my bike"

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Gullous posted:

With an increase in speed it takes less movement of the handlebars. Also other inputs like like pushing on the pegs and moving your body help.

It seems like those who are being passed are looking behind them a lot. No wonder they are getting passed! I've never been on a track, so tell me, are they being overly cautious?

No the guys who look behind them all have orange jerseys on, I'm not passing them, they're letting me by, they're instructors. They ride withing in the group and make sure no one is acting like an rear end and they have radios in their helmets they're basically waving me past when i get behind them.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Sepist posted:

It never occurred to me to think about that, either his was lowered or he had an extremely powerful left leg.

Specs say the Interstate seat height is 28.7 inches. The standard and tourer are supposedly higher, but I don't know how much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

Gravy Boat 2k
We're they always the same height? Last time I saw him was 2005 and I remember his bike not being brand new, probably late 90's.