Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Sepist posted:

We're they always the same height? Last time I saw him was 2005 and I remember his bike not being brand new, probably late 90's.

Yeah. The Interstate was introduced in 1999, and they stopped making it in 2002. The Valkyrie line ended production in 2003. It could be he had it lowered though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Here is a link to Twist The Throttle on Discovery Turbo. They have some great shows about the history of BMW, Bimota, Ducati, MV Augusta etc.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

^^^That's great, thanks.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
From the Twist the Throttle link, toward the end of this video you see a man at the MV Agusta factory who has the job of sitting on each and every bike and revving the poo poo out of it.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I wish that was my life.

That video is awesome. Except for the narration. And then they will....(OH YEAH, its comin!) TWIST THE THROTTLE!

I want a MV Agusta now.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I spotted this very clean GSXR-1000 on the way home tonight

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Fart car, did you take that picture? Really really good shot.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Silver posted:

Fart car, did you take that picture? Really really good shot.

Yea I did :)

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k
Wow that picture is really well done, is that an amateur shot or are you into photography?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I've been into photography for a while, but I lost about the last years worth of work in a hard drive crash (I know, I know). I used the whole catastrophe as a chance to upgrade and start shooting more, so I bought a DSLR and that's the first photo I've taken with it.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

Fart Car '97 posted:

I've been into photography for a while, but I lost about the last years worth of work in a hard drive crash (I know, I know). I used the whole catastrophe as a chance to upgrade and start shooting more, so I bought a DSLR and that's the first photo I've taken with it.
What happened to the drive and did you try to recover it?

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Fart Car '97 posted:

Do you know of a good place to learn how to use an DSLR properly? I tried using my mom's Digital Rebel XT and that thing frustrates the ever living gently caress out of me. I couldn't try to get a picture as good as that - I just especially suck at night shots.

I just need to know about what tools to use where on the camera. Every time I try tooling with aperture or exposure I end up getting garbly messes.

funeral home DJ fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 23, 2008

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Ripoff posted:

Do you know of a good place to learn how to use an DSLR properly? I tried using my mom's Digital Rebel XT and that thing frustrates the ever living gently caress out of me. I couldn't try to get a picture as good as that - I just especially suck at night shots.

I just need to know about what tools to use where on the camera. Every time I try tooling with aperture or exposure I end up getting garbly messes.

Start with a cheap 35mm and learn the basics of composition, exposure, focus, ect. I started shooting on a $60 Pentax K1000 a few years ago. It's like any other skill; Start small and basic and work up. I don't consider myself a great photographer by any means so I don't really think I can lecture about it or anything, but if you've got a local community college they most likely have a photo program that you can enroll in for dirt cheap. That's how I learned the basics.

iroc_dis
May 11, 2006

Fart Car '97 posted:

I spotted this very clean GSXR-1000 on the way home tonight

loving hell. That photo looks fake its so good

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
Two guys riding kamikaze, I don't think I play GTA this recklessly,

http://break.com/index/insane-motorcycle-rider-dash-cam-footage.html?matchid=NDczMTY4

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
My girlfriend put together a cool little video for school of my friends and I at Moses Lake this weekend. Assignment was music video less than 60 seconds, I think it came out really well. I am in the red Thor jersey. The guys I was with are both big motox riders, and it was really cool to ride with people better than me, pushed my skill level way up. I just have to work on my control in the air and I will really be ready to launch myself off stuff. Also, paddle tires rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28Yq-kfVHC0

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

kijiji posted:

One of Kind
Price: $4,500.00

1974 Home made motor bike
Harley front end with Indian fender and Harley side car
legs pipes and spinner hub caps
2.8L V6 At transmission with reverse
1-204-294-1610

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

mutt2jeff posted:

My girlfriend put together a cool little video for school of my friends and I at Moses Lake this weekend. Assignment was music video less than 60 seconds, I think it came out really well. I am in the red Thor jersey. The guys I was with are both big motox riders, and it was really cool to ride with people better than me, pushed my skill level way up. I just have to work on my control in the air and I will really be ready to launch myself off stuff. Also, paddle tires rock.

drat, that looks awesome. Good job on the editing, too.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

The fat man chase

Fat man on little bike

Big big man on a little little motorcycle

Fat man can't ride bike

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Pweller posted:

I don't even know what the gently caress I'm looking at here.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I've been starting at it for 5 minutes and I can't figure it out.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

rope kid posted:

I don't even know what the gently caress I'm looking at here.

I'm going with a generic Harley in the front, a sidecar, and the rear end of a Hurst to bring it all together, while it all sits on a trailer.

...actually I lied I just read the description I can't tell what the gently caress is going on with that picture.

orinth
Apr 15, 2003

NFC WEST IS THE BEST

Ripoff posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Exposure-Photographs-Digital-Updated/dp/0817463003/

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

I really wish this were a real movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TTL40FEWGk

SqueekyD
Dec 1, 2004

Who wants to use my dongbone like a joystick and pretend you're flying an F-14?
My bike is officially, obnoxiously loud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEPmGVzE8JY

DB killer is on order. :lol:

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

mutt2jeff posted:

Looks fun, do you have a version with no music for those of us who like motorcycle noises? :)

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

rope kid posted:

I really wish this were a real movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TTL40FEWGk

That was pretty good. "THE CORPSE CORPS" repeated over an over at 25% higher volume than everything else was annoying, but I suppose that's kind of the point, as well as being sort of period accurate.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....

Sloppy posted:

Looks fun, do you have a version with no music for those of us who like motorcycle noises? :)

Yeah, I am putting one together that will be longer and with sound.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
I'm a gonna eat that monkey

http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1206709417/A_Monkey_And_His_Mini_Bike

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
What the gently caress.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Holy gently caress does that thing accelerate hard.

Now, the question is, is that bike remote controlled, or is the monkey actually hitting the throttle?

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

White Van Raceah posted:

Holy gently caress does that thing accelerate hard.

Now, the question is, is that bike remote controlled, or is the monkey actually hitting the throttle?

I think the guy is yanking on a string tied to the monkey's head/helmet/mask
:smith:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I wish I lived in California again :smith:

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 29, 2008

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
monkey should have gotten a gs500 instead of a busa
he's not welcome in #bieks

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
me last month after riding to work in freezing fog.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

lol

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqLFZRWMlcg

Supercross from 83. No dirt, just concrete, wood, metal, and use of the entire arena.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

VTNewb posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqLFZRWMlcg

Supercross from 83. No dirt, just concrete, wood, metal, and use of the entire arena.

That's insane and looks fun as hell. I especially like the wooden bridge.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.
Geoff May at Jennings GP, turn 8:

http://www.revenanteagle.org/upload/geoffmaysn1_resize.jpg

Not only is he dragging knee, but he is dragging elbow and bodywork. Insane.

(For those not familiar with Jennings GP, Turn 8 is an infamous turn where a lot of people go down)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Oh god the tables.

Cool pic though!