Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

swanage posted:

I really do not think it is worth it to get gear just to take the MSF. By the time you're doing anything where any amount of motorcycle gear is going to be relevant you'll have been drilled out the wazoo and will be in a good mental state. You're going to be spending all that money without knowing if motorcycling is right for you (it probably is, but some people just can't get the hang of it), and there is no requirement for motorcycle gear.

If you own gloves, long pants, a long sleeve shirt and over ankle boots you will be more than fine and anything else you do is overkill for an activity you might never want to take up.

The gear will still be there when you graduate and need to get a motorcycle NOW NOW NOW! I am definitely in favor of riding atgatt on the street, but for the course its really overkill.

Ripoff in particular I would not wear those boots to the MSF since the unfamiliar act of riding a motorcycle combined with how much those boots will restrict your ankles is probably going to do you far more harm in learning than any amount of protection they'll afford you beyond a high top shoe in a very unlikely 25mph spill.

On the flip side of things, I did the MSF in boots exactly like what he's talking about and didn't have a problem. You're not speed shifting, you have plenty of time to figure things out, etc. I bought my gear a bit early, but that's because i already had my 250 it was just sitting waiting for me. Didn't have a choice on riding it because i didn't have any other way of getting back to school :v:

Still, a hoodie/long sleeve shirt, jeans, and over the ankle boots + some gloves are all you need for the MSF, and if it's going to be hot, stick with the lightest stuff you can wear. At worst you'll go down at low speed and get some minor scrapes. Not the end of the world. Most MSF accidents are simple falls, not actual "Crashing".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminus Est
Sep 30, 2005

Motorcycle Miliitia

My brother just got done taking the MSF last weekend and a lady there somehow managed to go rear end-over the top of a Rebel and broke her wrist. From what I gathered, she forgot about the clutch and was WOT on the throttle while trying to pull the front brake. I only imagine that she somehow twisted the bars and got shot over the top. While that shouldn't be expected or common at the MSF, some pretty crazy poo poo happens too it seems. Really, the most important thing to wear at the MSF is a helmet and some leather gloves.

As to Ripoff's Sidi Sabers, I ride my Honda 599 daily with those. Super comfortable and I have no problems shifting in them. There is plenty of ankle mobility to rotate your foot down under the shifter. What you don't have is enough mobility to roll your ankle sideways and I'm pretty sure that is a good thing. Use them on a GSXR? Probably not, but on a Nighthawk they'll be fine. Hell, when I rode Predictive's Versys, they were the perfect boot for that bike.

Kind of a crappy pic, but you can get an idea as to the peg and shifter placement on the 599.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

swanage posted:

Ripoff in particular I would not wear those boots to the MSF since the unfamiliar act of riding a motorcycle combined with how much those boots will restrict your ankles is probably going to do you far more harm in learning than any amount of protection they'll afford you beyond a high top shoe in a very unlikely 25mph spill.

Yeah, I was actually thinking about that in relation to these boots but I don't happen to own a pair of ankle-high steel-toe boots (I should probably get some though) I figured that I would try to take it in these. However, I'm also considering to go grab some cheap high-top shoes at the local store to take it in just in case.

For the MSF itself I figured I'd go in jeans and a long shirt, wear some good gloves and take the boots & helmet. I already know I want to get into bikes because I've ridden dirtbikes years ago, and for the short amount of time we had them I had a blast. I really loved those brief moments returning back to camp when I was on paved or somewhat smooth dirt roads, much more than the frantic rutted dirt and rocks.

As for your concerns about me being on a bike the first time, I know how to start and shift a bike, no problem - I'm going for the safety lessons beyond that and the handling information. The only difficulty I can foresee is me getting used to the Nighthawk's clutch and engine. The reason I got those boots is because I once dropped a RT180 on my leg in the mud and it was not fun, and all of the normal street boots I found for sale barely topped the middle of my shin. Thinking about how much of a bitch that was while I was in mud made me worry about how that would feel on a slab of concrete. That's why I went for high boots, I just feel "better" wearing them. Does that necessarily mean I'm safer? Probably not, but I figured the boost in confidence is enough alone. Still though, I appreciate your advice and I am considering going out to buy a really cheap pair of work boots right now just in case.

Terminus Est posted:

As to Ripoff's Sidi Sabers, I ride my Honda 599 daily with those. Super comfortable and I have no problems shifting in them.

Well that's awesome news, because I actually found a black 599 in the area that I'm thinking about looking at, depending on how well I do the MSF. If I get back on the MSF bike and it feels really natural again, I think I'm going to look into a 599 or an SV650. If I find myself choking and having difficulty, then I'm going to step into an older (and weaker) standard and go from there.

funeral home DJ fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 1, 2008

predictive
Jan 11, 2006

For awesome, press 1.

Ripoff posted:

I actually found a black 599 in the area that I'm thinking about looking at, depending on how well I do the MSF. If I get back on the MSF bike and it feels really natural again, I think I'm going to look into a 599 or an SV650.

If it's been a long while since you've ridden, or if you don't have much time on a bike, I don't think the 599 is a good choice for getting back into riding. It has some supersport 600 characteristics that could make it unforgiving with incautious throttle inputs.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Is there a waterproof quasi-offroad boot out there that doesn't cost $300+? The closest thing I'm finding are the Sidi Discovery (water "resistant', $300) and the Gaerne Oiled Balance ($330, brown boots won't match my black pants and will force me to buy all new gear + Coach handbag).

I have Gaerne GT waterproof touring boots right now, but they're losing their waterproofness and they aren't too comfortable to walk around in. A few people recommended I look at some dual sport boots to address the comfort issue, but I would like them to be waterproof as well since I ride in the rain a decent amount.

VVv sounds like a winner, I'll check the Explorers out vVV

Jazzzzz fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Apr 2, 2008

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

Jazzzzz posted:

Is there a waterproof quasi-offroad boot out there that doesn't cost $300+? The closest thing I'm finding are the Sidi Discovery (water "resistant', $300) and the Gaerne Oiled Balance ($330, brown boots won't match my black pants and will force me to buy all new gear + Coach handbag).

I have Gaerne GT waterproof touring boots right now, but they're losing their waterproofness and they aren't too comfortable to walk around in. A few people recommended I look at some dual sport boots to address the comfort issue, but I would like them to be waterproof as well since I ride in the rain a decent amount.

My Garene Explorers are waterproof provided I coat them in minkoil about 3-4 times a year. But I've ridden through streams with them and they've done a good job no complaints in the rain either, they run ~100. Other than that I'd think you'd want to look at a real touring road boot, or just see about mink oiling and seam sealing your current boots.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Is there anything wrong with getting a jacket for a bike you don't own? I've never ridden, but I really like the looks of this Triumph jacket.

I've been considering getting a cheap bike to learn this summer. Would I look strange wearing it on a Suzuki?

fidottio
Sep 8, 2005

by The Finn
All the jackets I've tried on in stores so far are too short in the arms. I'm 6'2 with about 42-44 shoulders and <34 pants, so finding stuff that fits well is fairly difficult.

Anyone have any luck with the Newenough "Hard to fit" tall options. Better yet, can anyone recommend something?

I know Newenough has a good return policy (I've already used it once when I made a terrible decision) but shipping to Canada hurts, especially trying to get customs money back.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Armyman25 posted:

Is there anything wrong with getting a jacket for a bike you don't own? I've never ridden, but I really like the looks of this Triumph jacket.

I've been considering getting a cheap bike to learn this summer. Would I look strange wearing it on a Suzuki?

You are asking a fashion question more than a safety gear question. Depending on what the back looks like it will probably be more or less strange. If its just a plain back it probably won't be that noticeable, if it has a big ol' Triumph on the back you might wanna hold off.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.
Anyone had any luck with finding decent 3/4 length boots in a WIDE size? I really don't want to have to resort to harley type boots to get something waterproof.

I had a pair of Oxtar Infinities that I loved and are finally giving up on me after 5 years. I know that TXC bought Oxtar but I can't find any reviews saying they still run on the wider side.

I saw the Sidi Mega wides on NewEnough but the guy there says the calf adjustment is pretty limited.

Thanks for any tips on where to look.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Tindjin posted:

Anyone had any luck with finding decent 3/4 length boots in a WIDE size? I really don't want to have to resort to harley type boots to get something waterproof.

I had a pair of Oxtar Infinities that I loved and are finally giving up on me after 5 years. I know that TXC bought Oxtar but I can't find any reviews saying they still run on the wider side.

I saw the Sidi Mega wides on NewEnough but the guy there says the calf adjustment is pretty limited.

Thanks for any tips on where to look.

Gaerne boots tend to fit a wider foot, I have a normal width and the Gaernes I own and all the ones I've tried on are pretty roomy.

Oxtar/TCX didn't change their boots at all, they just changed names and bumped their prices by 20-40% :smith:

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Armyman25 posted:

I have that Rivton jacket. It's pretty nice for summer riding as long as things don't get too hot. However, it's not warm at all once things get cooler (50s or so). Decent shoulder and elbow armor, but no back armor.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

pr0zac posted:

You are asking a fashion question more than a safety gear question. Depending on what the back looks like it will probably be more or less strange. If its just a plain back it probably won't be that noticeable, if it has a big ol' Triumph on the back you might wanna hold off.

The brochure information lists the following:
RIVTON JACKET
1mm leather
Easily removable CE95
shoulder and elbow protectors
Double stitched impact seams
3M® night reflective front and rear piping
Option to fit fleece neck warmer
Waist connection zipper supplied
Straight fitting style

So, it seems to be pretty good.

Also, the back is plain leather:

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
If it makes you happy I say go for it, though at some point someone will probably ask about it. Just say you want a Triumph soon but bought an intelligent starter bike and I doubt anyone will give you crap.

Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.

Armyman25 posted:

sew a patch over the triumph logo

problem solved

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Another thing to mention about Triumph leather gear: its color fades pretty quickly. I have a pair of Triumph gloves and the Rivton jacket, and both have gone brown pretty quickly. The use of a product like Chelsea leather food is almost required if you want to keep things in good shape.

DrChu
May 14, 2002

fidottio posted:

All the jackets I've tried on in stores so far are too short in the arms. I'm 6'2 with about 42-44 shoulders and <34 pants, so finding stuff that fits well is fairly difficult.

Anyone have any luck with the Newenough "Hard to fit" tall options. Better yet, can anyone recommend something?

I know Newenough has a good return policy (I've already used it once when I made a terrible decision) but shipping to Canada hurts, especially trying to get customs money back.
I'm about the same as you, but slightly taller and skinnier (6'3", 31-32 inch waist, 42-44 chest but closer to 42), and I had a Tourmaster Coaster II jacket size medium that fit decently. I originally went with a large and it was just too baggy overall, but the medium was snug and the sleeves were long enough, and the waist adjustment kept things tight around there.

Earlier in this thread I posted pictures post-crash, and I was a little disappointed with how it held up (it protected me, but I won't be using it again). Besides that my only complaints were that the leather is kind of cheap, and the collar design just scooped up cold area and dumped it on my chest, which is ok for warmer weather, but negates the nice full-sleeved liner in cold weather.

fidottio
Sep 8, 2005

by The Finn

DrChu posted:

Tourmaster Coaster II jacket size medium
It doesn't show up under New Enough's tall section, even though they sell it. Did you just try it on at a local shop?

Also, what're you wearing now that you won't go back to that one? Thanks!

DrChu
May 14, 2002

fidottio posted:

It doesn't show up under New Enough's tall section, even though they sell it. Did you just try it on at a local shop?

I didn't order a tall version, just the regular medium. I'll try to take a picture when I get from work to show where the sleeves and waist rest.

I haven't replaced the jacket yet (happened about two months, decided to wait out the rest of winter, fix the bike and then start riding it again). I really like the plain design of the jacket, and if not for the collar I would probably order it again.

spacepirate
Feb 7, 2005
Yarr mateys!

fidottio posted:

I dont know if your looking for pants as well but I got Firstgeart HT 2 overpants yesterday in a 34 tall and they are great. I am 6 3 and have trouble finding pants that are long enough usually.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

rope kid posted:

I have that Rivton jacket. It's pretty nice for summer riding as long as things don't get too hot. However, it's not warm at all once things get cooler (50s or so). Decent shoulder and elbow armor, but no back armor.

Cool. Is the leather pretty soft?

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004
Does anyone have experience with Z1R gear? I'm looking at this jacket but also looking for some input. It's been pretty hard to find a good looking yellow and black jacket.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/39/11022/ITEM/Z1R-Dart-Jacket.aspx

I checked out some of those Triumph jackets (since I just bought a Triumph) but the ones I liked don't have armor so I'm avoiding them like the plague.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

Does anyone have experience with Z1R gear? I'm looking at this jacket but also looking for some input. It's been pretty hard to find a good looking yellow and black jacket.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/39/11022/ITEM/Z1R-Dart-Jacket.aspx

I checked out some of those Triumph jackets (since I just bought a Triumph) but the ones I liked don't have armor so I'm avoiding them like the plague.

You can buy back protectors separate. Bit of a hassle. Some jackets come with a pocket, but no armor.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Armyman25 posted:

Cool. Is the leather pretty soft?
Yep.

fidottio
Sep 8, 2005

by The Finn
I got my gear!
The local shop finally got some leathers in with some long arms so I got a jacket from there (I think it's Nexo). Turns out I'm a solid 44, with a nice 32-34 waist. Hard to fit. I picked up some Icon textile pants too because they were pretty inexpensive and seemed to offer decent protection being that they had some knee armour. We'll see if they live up to their terrible reputation if I drop.. let's hope not.

I got a new helmet too! A KBC for under $100. Will post gear pictures edit: now!:

The jacket is from Nexo ($220, but I got a $50 gift card which I used on the pants), everything's perfect..

...except for the really annoying velcro tightener right in the way of the zipper. I need to tighten it because my waist is small and it sort of distorts the jacket. Also, I'm slightly worried about the velcro wearing out since I'll be doing it up/undoing it fairly often.

Icon pants ($100):

Helm (KBC VR-3)[$90. gently caress yeah!] and my J-Rocket gloves [$40ish? I forget because I got them 2 years ago]:

Woot woot!

fidottio fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 5, 2008

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Nice jacket, but man, that is a stupid place for the waist adjustment. My JR has two adjusters on the sides, so you just set it and forget it.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter
Anyone have recommendations for a moderate weather glove? I moved up to college, and while I don't have my scooter now I will in about two weeks.

They'll need to cover roughly a 55-75F range and handle a rain well. I have gloves for colder, and it won't get much hotter than that here in the summer (and if it does, I'll suffer through it).

Preferably less than $60, and probably textile over leather, for the rain issue. I don't have any brand preference, or anything.

Also, any suggestions on overpants? Obviously same rain/temperature requirements as the gloves, also preferably textile, and these under $100 or so. Any protection is an upgrade, since I just wear jeans now.

Thanks in advance.

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

fidottio posted:

Icon pants ($100):

How do you like the pants? I'm considering getting a pair of those as they aren't so tight like most other pants. How is the length? I've noticed the inseams run kind of long, is there a way to adjust them so they're not too long?

fidottio
Sep 8, 2005

by The Finn

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

How do you like the pants?
Well I don't get insurance until Tuesday, so I haven't had a chance to try them out on the road yet. Yes, they are quite long. That's why I bought them, because they fit my 6'2 frame well. I can let you know how they stand up once I get them out on the road a bit. I don't recall seeing any ways to adjust the inseam, but I can double check once I get home.

They are quite wide at the bottom of the pant too, which I don't really like. Kinda Cowboy flare like.

MiamiKid
Dec 14, 2003
I'm trying to find some pants that offer good protection, but are reasonably comfortable for the summer. I've got some overpants for short jaunts, but I think I'd feel more comfortable with something a bit heavier for long trips/going on the freeways.

http://www.newenough.com/protective_apparel/leather_jackets_and_pants/alpinestars/a10_leather_textile_motorcycle_pants.html

I'm thinking these Alpinestars A-10 Leather/Textile, seems like the textile will help keep my legs a little cooler in the summer, as well as the fact that these will zip together with my jacket. The armor also seems pretty substantial. Anybody have experience with them?

I won't be using these at the track or anything. I've read about perforated leather being good for summer, but it doesn't seem like Alpinestar does it/advertises the fact, so if there are better alternatives I'm all ears.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

MiamiKid posted:

I'm trying to find some pants that offer good protection, but are reasonably comfortable for the summer. I've got some overpants for short jaunts, but I think I'd feel more comfortable with something a bit heavier for long trips/going on the freeways.

http://www.newenough.com/protective_apparel/leather_jackets_and_pants/alpinestars/a10_leather_textile_motorcycle_pants.html

I'm thinking these Alpinestars A-10 Leather/Textile, seems like the textile will help keep my legs a little cooler in the summer, as well as the fact that these will zip together with my jacket. The armor also seems pretty substantial. Anybody have experience with them?

I won't be using these at the track or anything. I've read about perforated leather being good for summer, but it doesn't seem like Alpinestar does it/advertises the fact, so if there are better alternatives I'm all ears.

If you're really want some leather pants, find a perforated pair you really like and get a seamstress to add the mating zipper from your jacket to your pants.

With that said, if you're not going to be doing a bunch of "aggressive" riding, I'm sure those would hold up fine in an accident. The difference between textiles and leather at street speeds isn't that huge...the difference is you'll probably still be able to wear the leather stuff, you won't be able to reuse the textile stuff. I commuted with 20 miles of freeway in textiles and while I wouldn't want to go down, I don't think i'd have come off that much better than i would in my leather one piece.

The biggest advantage of non-overpants is they don't move around as much in an accident, which means less chance of the armor ending up on the side of your knee or the material folding over and burning through. You will bake to some degree in full leather pants in the summer, and those seem like a nice compromise between protection and comfort.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Gear brands seem to be quite localized while helmets are more global. I've decided on a Swedish manufacturer but I'm struggling between the usual fashion/practicality/price. Posting mostly to let you look at some cool jackets, but input appreciated.

First, the practical leather jacket. Bland looks, water resistant membrane, ventilation zippers, cheapest price, most stupid name. 'Manific'. Best value I suppose.

Then the cool looking leather jacket. Good looks, not water resistant, no ventilation, a bit more expensive. Named 'Brooklyn' after a celebrity baby or something.

Textile option. Ok looks but not as cool as leather, waterproof, temp adjusting membrane, light weight, a tad more expensive than 'Brooklyn', not as comfy in wind. Named 'Howard' after a fictional duck.

They all have matching pants with similar features at similar price spreads. And don't give me no gripe about vanity, looking good is not a crime. :colbert:

My use is long weekend trips in good weather plus everyday commuting in a rainy town (88"/year). If it's raining too bad I'll just take the bus. Water proofness (proofanity?) does not have to take more than a drizzle or surviving a surprise shower. If I go for the non-proof Brooklyn jacket I'll prob get a rain suit too, but the most likely choice at this point is Manific.

Manific. Manific. Manific. Manific. Manific. Manific. Manific.

It sounds like an adjective only used to describe male stripping amongst middle aged housewives.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug
Its offically spring time so I here by dub this the power ranger suit show off thread. :colbert:

ChiliMac
Apr 13, 2005

That's why I never kiss 'em on the mouth.

pr0zac posted:

Its offically spring time so I here by dub this the power ranger suit show off thread. :colbert:

Nice shoes, but I've never heard of Bohz helmets :o:

Edit: interesting array of bargain [good] equipment with a pricey(ish) helmet. Oddly enough I've spent about a 8/1 ratio on my other gear/helmet.

ChiliMac fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 12, 2008

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

ChiliMac posted:

Nice shoes, but I've never heard of Bohz helmets :o:

Edit: interesting array of bargain [good] equipment with a pricey(ish) helmet. Oddly enough I've spent about a 8/1 ratio on my other gear/helmet.

My friend works at Cyclegear, I got the helmet for like 30% off. :q: My boots were actually my most expensive piece of gear I think.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

William Shatner thinks proper riding gear is for faggots!

William Shatner posted:

William Shatner discovered the perils of riding a motorcycle without any protective gear, when he crashed on a highway in California.

The reckless former Star Trek star refuses to pad up and rides around the state wearing just beach clothes - even after a crash that could have killed him.

He explains, "I think leather, and helmets and protective gear is foolish, in the hot California weather. I ride with sandals and shorts and a
t-shirt.

"One time, I was driving along and the bike slide from under me, and I skidded across the two lane highway.

"I grabbed the bike hauled it up and got back on. I had to get to Los Angeles. I had a doll to take to my grandchild."

"I got back on the bike and my clothes are shredded. I realized I'm bleeding."

Unfortunately for Shatner, the image of him bloody and bruised riding a motorcycle almost naked, attracted unwanted attention from other motorists.

He adds, "People are driving up and college kids are yelling at me.

"Finally they uttered the ultimate insult, 'Beam me up Scotty,' so I gave them the finger."

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I went on a fairly long ride yesterday wearing my Dainese Wave 2 back protector () for the first time. It is actually quite comfortable. The times I noticed it it just felt like I was wearing a backpack (and since I was also wearing a backpack, albeit almost empty, that might have accounted for it too). What I found quite nice about it is it acts almost like a backrest, supporting your back in various positions. If you lean back into it it's like a springy chair, and if you're leaning forward into the wind it helps keep your posture. A side benefit to the protection. It was quite cool when I was out, so it remains to be seen how comfortable it is in the hot summer. You do feel the front strap belly strap, but it isn't uncomfortable as it is quite wide.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

William Shatner is an amazing person and I'm glad he doesn't wear riding gear.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I'm looking to pick up a helmet and jacket in the next month or two as later in the summer I'll be riding (on the back) with someone a few times.

From looking around, I like the HJC Sy-Max II (super secret pricing of $206) and this Icon leather jacket (super secret pricing of $309). Are these good choices? I'm not particularly dead set on a flip-up, but I really would like one as it seems convenient. I'll be going to Singapore, so heat will be a big issue (90 miles north of the equator), but I live in North Carolina (2,400 miles north of the equator for those interested) and plan on getting a bike of my own within the next few years, so the removable insulation in the jacket seems like it could suit both environments.

I also saw something about the Schuberth C2 at the beginning of this thread. The only online store I can find has them listed at $450, over twice as expensive as the HJC. Is it worth that much more, and where could I find it cheaper? That or a Roof Boxer. They look neat too, but I can't find them for sale anywhere. Would I be able to find either of these two if I walked into a bike gear store (though I am clueless as to where I would fine one short of a dealership)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.

pr0zac posted:

I have the same jacket, and it's tight as hell. Despite the fact that I'm an XL in pretty much everything, I have an XXL jacket (after returning the XL), and it's almost uncomfortably tight. :(

I'm hoping it breaks in a little as I wear it.