Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

insaine
Aug 29, 2006

GFBeach posted:

Now if only there was enough Behelit-goop to coat the Dragonslayer...

Dragonslayer don't need no Behelit-goop! It's got the combined demonic energies of all the demons Guts has slain I tells ya!
(at least that is what I can remember, been awhile since I've re-read)

I think that is actually one of the more interesting plot points, will the dragonslayer get powerful enough to actually kill a God-hand/Griffith?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Nate RFB posted:

Didn't Slan say during the troll massacre that Guts' dragon slayer has effectively been cursed to be able to harm the god hand?

She did. She urged Guts to run her through with the sword(crazy bitch), and the blade actually hurt her.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Schubalts posted:

She did. She urged Guts to run her through with the sword(crazy bitch), and the blade actually hurt her.

It wasn't actually her getting hurt, though, but rather a demonic incarnation she made of her power within the hellscape. It wasn't literally her, and I assume it'd be an entire different ballgame. Let's not forget the last time Guts tried to actually attack a member of the God Hand without interference (his brand started gushing blood like crazy, he nearly passed out, and when he swung the blood, Femto just knocked it away with a glance. Then again, Guts has gotten a lot stronger since then, and the Dragonslayer has feasted on a hell of a lot more demons/ Apostles/ Spirits since then...)

GFBeach
Jul 6, 2005

Surrounded by wierdos
I remember when Flora was handing out magical weapons to everyone Guts declined the axe being presented, and then either Flora or Schierke mentioned that the Dragonslayer had slain so many monsters that it attained magical properties/curses of its own. It may not have been potent enough to wound a God Hand when Guts tried to take out Femto, but I don't think it's too far of a stretch in the future.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
I just can't wait to see Femto/Griffith take control of the world and completely gently caress it up. I just want to see it so I can see all the looks on the faces of his human followers. I want to see those looks of adoration get wiped away. Then Guts can come into the picture and gently caress Griffith up. After that, I don't really care what happens anymore.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
I just can't wait until Guts is taken through a gauntlet of demon-slaying goodness, killing each of those smug bastards one at a time until he reaches Griffith and pays him back for all the poo poo he's caused oh my god my brain is going to explode this is too awesome :psypop:

Captain Controversy
Jan 25, 2007
eXCeSS bought me this account because I am a whiny BITCH!

Jimmybob posted:

I just can't wait to see Femto/Griffith take control of the world and completely gently caress it up. I just want to see it so I can see all the looks on the faces of his human followers. I want to see those looks of adoration get wiped away. Then Guts can come into the picture and gently caress Griffith up. After that, I don't really care what happens anymore.

Won't it pretty much end when that happens?

theodrin
Oct 14, 2006

SUUUPERRR!!!~

Captain Controversy posted:

Won't it pretty much end when that happens?

It would be nice after all these years.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pawl posted:

I just can't wait until Guts is taken through a gauntlet of demon-slaying goodness, killing each of those smug bastards one at a time until he reaches Griffith and pays him back for all the poo poo he's caused oh my god my brain is going to explode this is too awesome :psypop:

At Berserk's pace, I'll be well into my 30s by the time this happens, but it will be like the best build up and payoff ever. I will teach my children to read by reading them Berserk.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Will you also teach them the joys of mass peon slaughter? You should.

Captain Controversy
Jan 25, 2007
And horrible man-faced horse rape?

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

IF I AM TROLLING REPORT ME!
Make sure you find a tree and some rope before the third trimester.

Anyway, speaking of endings, they should put Miura into some sort of protective bubble, because if the guy gets hit by a bus when crossing the street, there's going to be riots. I kind of wonder if he keeps the story sealed up somewhere next to his will.

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!

And horrible man-faced horse rape?

Don't forget troll rape.

I've been following this story for six years... and I'm one of the newer fans! :smith: I couldn't imagine being a Japanese fan... I imagine legions of men in their late 30s/early 40s who picked it up when they were 18-21, and now pretty much only subscribe to Young Animal to read Berserk.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Mike Toole posted:

Don't forget troll rape.

And noble-transformed-into-a-demon rape.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And demonic orgy rape.

Edit: And half-insect/half-elf kids rape.

Captain Controversy
Jan 25, 2007
If you guys are talking about the Count and Rosine's little insect kids: I don't recall rape involving them.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

If you guys are talking about the Count and Rosine's little insect kids: I don't recall rape involving them.

Don't you remember the Bug-Elves using their "ADULT ATTACK!" and raping to death another Bug-Elf with its stinger, to Puck/ that girl's "OH GOD WHAT :gonk:"

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NWS:
https://wi.somethingawful.com/ef/ef2fdb9650dd14359fd06cb044cb222c200f0755.jpg

Captain Controversy
Jan 25, 2007
Ohhh... yeah. "Adult Attack" woulda been enough. Loved Puck's SD form when he saw they tossed him an eyeball.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

I thought the thing died though...? Either way it was a bunch of bugs :colbert:

As for Guts, he somehow either will have to part with that Armor, learn to control it, or sacrifice his friends and probably, if not hypocritically, achieve his goals of defeating Griffith. That's what I'll assume anyways for the time being.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

Zorak posted:

Don't you remember the Bug-Elves using their "ADULT ATTACK!" and raping to death another Bug-Elf with its stinger, to Puck/ that girl's "OH GOD WHAT :gonk:"

That was the only chapter of Berserk that's disturbed me.

Captain Controversy
Jan 25, 2007

cooldude2.0 posted:

That was the only chapter of Berserk that's disturbed me.

Are you friggin' serious? I mean, it was disturbing and all, but we were in flashback territory once I stopped feeling uncomfortable with what I was reading.

monco
Feb 23, 2001
Just finished the anime. Was quite an abrupt ending, could have used that 26th episode, luckily can go straight on with the manga, which is well wicked.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

monco posted:

Just finished the anime. Was quite an abrupt ending, could have used that 26th episode, luckily can go straight on with the manga, which is well wicked.

might want to read all the manga since the anime changes or just doesn't mention some very important things that are in the manga.

maxxheadcheese
Sep 9, 2005

Noble Man

GoldenNugget posted:

might want to read all the manga since the anime changes or just doesn't mention some very important things that are in the manga.

Was just about to say the same, dont think you can jump in after the Eclipse and think you havnt missed out on something.

Volume 1-3 (till chapter 4) really happened between chapter 3 and 4 in volume 14. Even though its hard (atleast for me) to comprehend since Miura changed style from awesome to godlike drawing skills by then.

VVVV Because he's Guts!

maxxheadcheese fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 4, 2008

Captain Controversy
Jan 25, 2007
Why is Guts loving that monster in the very beginning of volume 1?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Because, hey, it looks like a sexy woman. Might as well get some if he's gonna kill her anyway and she's offering. v:v:v

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

I'd say spite. The demon thinks "ahaha I've lured this stupid man and now he shall die" but actually the reverse is true "regret your folly monster for i am all that is man"

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful

cooldude2.0 posted:

I'd say spite. The demon thinks "ahaha I've lured this stupid man and now he shall die" but actually the reverse is true "regret your folly monster for i am all that is man"

Bingo. This monster draws in her victims with lust and sex. You can see her hunt one of the Band of the Hawk during the eclipse. Guts is "lured" into the trap, and then he kills her for revenge.

Phil_asdf
Oct 9, 2006

by Fistgrrl
The ironing is delicious.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

White Rabbit
Sep 8, 2004

We Do Not Sow.
It's been about a year since I've read Berserk and I just treated myself to about 15 new volumes. Last time I read it, Guts & Zodd had just defeated the mist entity. Sadly not much has happened in a year in midland, but it's good to know this perfect epic (and thread) is still alive and kicking.

Also I'm converting someone else into it, and I'll probably reread the whole thing myself as well. Would you suggest seeing the anime or reading the manga as a first step into this? I showed a friend the anime a couple years back and he liked it but never went to the manga, which is cruelly stupid I think.

I guess I'll try turning that other friend to the manga first and skip the anime altogether. I'll miss having him drink a few beers and putting episodes 24-25 on to watch him become physically ill as I did when I first saw the Eclipse.

RipVTide
Jul 28, 2002

Run you jerk with an EYE FOR QUALITY you! Run!
Nap Ghost

White Rabbit posted:

I guess I'll try turning that other friend to the manga first and skip the anime altogether. I'll miss having him drink a few beers and putting episodes 24-25 on to watch him become physically ill as I did when I first saw the Eclipse.

And this is why having a friend read the manga first is the wrong choice. The only way to relieve yourself in some way of the cruel prank that was the bastard who first made you watch the anime is to do it to others, and gloat in gleeful triumph at their tears. It is a rite of passage.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

It's going to be awesome when the manga ends with the same frame as the anime.

White Rabbit
Sep 8, 2004

We Do Not Sow.

RipVTide posted:

And this is why having a friend read the manga first is the wrong choice. The only way to relieve yourself in some way of the cruel prank that was the bastard who first made you watch the anime is to do it to others, and gloat in gleeful triumph at their tears. It is a rite of passage.

That.. really is the only way to go.

Captain Controversy
Jan 25, 2007
Oh yeah, she's the bitch who kills Corkus!

OG17 posted:

It's going to be awesome when the manga ends with the same frame as the anime.

Someone please spoil me.

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

Someone please spoil me.
:hf::3:

special thanks to the guy with the avatar

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
I thought that was the last frame of the anime too, actually. It isn't. If you watch the credits all the way through, you see the post-Eclipse Gatsu, equipped with cannon arm, Dragon Slayer sword, setting off into the world to hunt apostles. He had just killed a monster that attacked his home and friends in the mountains, brandishing the Dragon Slayer for the first time. Basically, this frame from the manga. From Berserk - Vol 14, Chapter 3, Page 23.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Apr 5, 2008

OG17
Oct 6, 2002

Epilogue frames don't count okay :colbert:

Captain Controversy
Jan 25, 2007

OG17 posted:

Epilogue frames don't count okay :colbert:

And the avatar one is more hilarious anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
There should be a Berserk / Vinland Saga crossover.