Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JKicker
May 25, 2007
This might be the most crucial website ever for this thread: http://www.midomi.com/

Hopefully it hasn't been posted before.

Simply hum or sing the part of the song you know into a computer mic and the website will match it to any other user submitted samples. The database still needs to grow, but its already pretty solid with mainstream stuff...and you music goons can surely fill in the rest!

Sometimes when I'm home alone I submit a song or two...its addictive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

JKicker posted:

This might be the most crucial website ever for this thread: http://www.midomi.com/

Hopefully it hasn't been posted before.

Simply hum or sing the part of the song you know into a computer mic and the website will match it to any other user submitted samples. The database still needs to grow, but its already pretty solid with mainstream stuff...and you music goons can surely fill in the rest!

Sometimes when I'm home alone I submit a song or two...its addictive.

This has the potential to be pretty cool. I got it to find "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong, and instead of "Lola" by The Kinks it gave me Weird Al's "Yoda" but I couldn't get it to pick up "Another One Bites the Dust" or "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen or Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London." I'll have to play with it some more later.

Tequila Mockingbird
Oct 6, 2005

I'm looking for a song that goes like this:

the queen is crying behind palace walls
the prince goes riding and he takes a fall

...and the chorus is:

London bridges all fall down,
bits and pieces on the ground,
london bridges all fall down,
london bridges all fall down.

If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it :)

Tequila Mockingbird fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 5, 2008

JKicker
May 25, 2007

The Human Cow posted:

This has the potential to be pretty cool. I got it to find "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong, and instead of "Lola" by The Kinks it gave me Weird Al's "Yoda" but I couldn't get it to pick up "Another One Bites the Dust" or "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen or Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London." I'll have to play with it some more later.

I sang hakunamatata from the lion king and it picked it up even though the other guy sang it in French.

5th of crown
Aug 5, 2007

by Fragmaster
Alright, this should be easy enough, what's the name of the song in this video.
This bullshit's been a mystery to me for years.

Cowculator
Jul 19, 2006

5th of crown posted:

Alright, this should be easy enough, what's the name of the song in this video.
This bullshit's been a mystery to me for years.

"De Marcha" by Los de Abajo.

Feb 6, 2008

Ramagamma posted:

Ok heres the details of the song i'm looking for.

Theres a section of the chorus where the word "saturday" is repeated like 7 times. Possibly followed by "what a day".

A friend of mine believes it was sung by Elton John although i'm vaugely familiar with his works and a google search only turned up a song by him called "Saturdays Alright (for fighting)" which isn't the song i'm looking for.

Any suggestions?

A bit of a long shot, but Lovely Day by Bill Withers?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DnUxLISFcA

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

5th of crown posted:

According to this imdb post it's "Wake Me Up When It's Over" by Ian Thomas, this is entirely plausible seeing as Ian is the director's brother, but after checking out his site I can't find the song.

If only the movie's site was still up.

Thanks for trying dude. You're the man for that. :hfive:

Twisted Perspective
Sep 15, 2005

I've come to see you...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Am I boned here, goons? :smith:

The only song I can find that remotely resembles what you describe is by a band called Longwave. You can see the video for their song "Wake me when it's over" here: http://www.myspace.com/longwaveofficial

I'm not sure if it's the right song or not, as there's no reference to the coke line you mentioned but I thought it would be worth a try.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

RapHandz posted:

REM does have a song called "Feeling Gravity's Pull", I guess that may be it if you turned out to be wrong. :)

VolumeOverTalent posted:

'Gravity' by Embrace?

Thanks for helping out, guys. As it turns out I discovered it by combing iTunes; turns out that it was "Gravity" by the Josh Joplin Group. I am in awe that I have finally found this song.

Blamethrower
Nov 26, 2006

I remember a music video a few years ago in which a puppet gets in a car crash and is taken to hospital, then - I think - gets up and dances. The sets and other people in the video are real, not other puppets.

I don't remember much of the song but I do remember I liked it. Any ideas?

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

TIIMMYY posted:

I remember a music video a few years ago in which a puppet gets in a car crash and is taken to hospital, then - I think - gets up and dances. The sets and other people in the video are real, not other puppets.

Interpol - Evil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_OcR0fbf6g

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

TIIMMYY posted:

Interpol - "Evil"?

edit: this is why I should reload before I reply

Blamethrower
Nov 26, 2006

Secks posted:

Interpol - Evil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_OcR0fbf6g

Yes thats it! thanks :)

Fingertips
Jul 30, 2006
Defender of the Internets
the following tune came into my head the other day:

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=27134

and i was wondering

A) what is the name of that song/ symphony

B) are there any modern dance or hiphop remixes of it that you know of that use that hook?

thanks!

Spider Crusoe
Jan 30, 2005

Fingertips posted:

the following tune came into my head the other day:

http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=27134

and i was wondering

A) what is the name of that song/ symphony

B) are there any modern dance or hiphop remixes of it that you know of that use that hook?

thanks!
It's "In the Hall of the Mountain King" by Edvard Grieg. I don't know of any remixes, but I'm sure there's many.

MaliceMolaka
Jan 23, 2005

Welcome to Sensimilla Street.
I've been searching for the song that plays in Pulp Fiction while Vincent is shooting up on his way to pick up Mia, can anyone help me out?

cramps
Jul 27, 2003

how pretty.

MaliceMolaka posted:

I've been searching for the song that plays in Pulp Fiction while Vincent is shooting up on his way to pick up Mia, can anyone help me out?

The song you're talking about is The Centurians' "Bullwinkle (Part II)."

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~
okay, here's one, i'm looking for a song that was definitely from the mid-90's, the music was pretty "grungy" but the song had some shimmering vocal harmony work pretty much through the entire thing. The song did the loud/quiet/loud thing where the chorus was a big "EXPLOSION" but the verse was just drums and vocals and REALLY distorted bass. I'm pretty sure the progression was just a I - V - iii - IV or something very similar. I can't remember any of the lyrics except for at the very end, after the chorus repeats, the vocalist sings "I'd hate to -- understaaaaaaand you" and he stretches it out for a really long time.

edit: Just popped into my head but there is a bridge or a pre-chorus in this song as well where the guitar gets all swirly and flanged out and the vocalist sings "...and I'm waiting" a whole bunch.

Google has yielded nothing! Help! This should be enough detail, right?

Freddie Gibbis fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 9, 2008

ugliercat
Jan 30, 2005

RRRRROOOOWWWWRRRR
ok I know this may be a long shot but it's been driving me nuts, I heard on a cast or some kind of preview sample or something, a song that I'd swear used 2 or 3 notes from "it takes two" as a fast baseline under some ambient type echoey noises along with a kind of sketchy fast percussion, it seems like the kind of thing that would be like thievery corp or those kinds of guys, but maybe a bit more uptempo.

I can't either remember it as a song I may actually have somewhere or as something I almost got and now can't find again. Hopefully that's enough to go on?

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006
Alright here is one that will make me sound gay.

I was in the mall a while back and over the mall speakers a song was playing. It was sung by a woman and sounded very 80's ish, early 90's ish. I don't remember any other lyrics other than the chorus which is a very drawn out, "IIII looooooveeee youuuuu, IIII looooooveeee youuuuu."

Just like that, two drawn out I love you's over some poppy upbeat music. I've searched and searched and found nothing, but dammit it was an awesome song. Here's to hoping a goon might know.

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

Weezy88 posted:

Alright here is one that will make me sound gay.

I was in the mall a while back and over the mall speakers a song was playing. It was sung by a woman and sounded very 80's ish, early 90's ish. I don't remember any other lyrics other than the chorus which is a very drawn out, "IIII looooooveeee youuuuu, IIII looooooveeee youuuuu."

Just like that, two drawn out I love you's over some poppy upbeat music. I've searched and searched and found nothing, but dammit it was an awesome song. Here's to hoping a goon might know.

Natasha Bedingfield - These Words?

vacuity
Sep 9, 2005
This thread is excellent.

I have wanted to know the name of this for a while now:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dDYxBFoibHY from 0:50 to 3:10.

Comments are disabled and I've never found anyone who could place it. Please help, I need phat beats.

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006

Nah, this is the exact answer I got on "yahoo answers" as well.

Like I said, it's definitely 80's to early 90's era.

Thanks though :)

PrincessWuffles
Oct 19, 2004

I can't remember anything terribly useful about this song, so I have to apologize in advance. I was exposed to it through a video that made its way around the internet many years ago, featuring a cover by a band using mostly improvised instruments. They wore track suits. One guy with a big beard played guitar and did vocals. The original vocals are female. One guy kept having to pull his pants up, and played percussion with a small metal bar that he would bang on a countertop. He also made a bass drum noise by slamming shut the lid of a deepfreeze.

There's a part where it goes dun duh-dun Dun! Dun-dun-duh dun, or something. gently caress. I'm really sorry if none of this means anything. It's just driving me crazy, and I want to watch the video again.

EDIT: I am loving retarded. The song is Total Eclipse of the heart. Oh my god. Sorry for wasting space. I swear it just came to me as soon as I posted.

VVVV Thanks. Yeah, after my brain-surge, it was the first hit on YouTube for "total eclipse of the heart cover". VVVV

PrincessWuffles fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 11, 2008

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006
If it helps the group is Hurra Torpedo and they do covers of a few different songs also, always in the tracksuits with their asses hanging out.

Corky Kraptrucker
Oct 12, 2006
Being out of your box isn't a right. It's a privilege.
I was at the barber's last night and they were playing this old-timey sounding, twangy country group. They sang what I think might have been a cover of Mance Lipscomb's "Cocaine Done Killed My Baby" and then a song about a kid from Utah, Alabama who goes to Vietnam. The chorus was something like "pack up your bags... something something... they're sending you to Vietnam." There were lyrics kind of like "he couldn't see the bodies for all the dust," and something about the drill sergeant being loud and the military men tracking him down at a bar and making him sign papers to go to war.

I know it wasn't Lipscomb. It was a bunch of people singing and it was high-energy hillbilly-sounding country, not blues. I thought I'd be able to Google it really easily, but I've had no luck so far. Thanks in advance.

Corky Kraptrucker fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Apr 11, 2008

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I'm back with another song I doubt anyone will get due to a lack of information. I heard it during an 80s radio hour on a local station that was on in the background. I remember how the main part of the chorus goes and have made an (admittedly horrible and quickly done) replica of it.

The lyrics in the first part that you hear in the replica sounded something like "Jo-in us, Jo-in us" or "jo-y ness, jo-y ness", and then the next part was more lyrics but I couldn't make them out.

This was probably a fairly famous song or group because the station was not playing obscure songs. The song before it was Billy Idol and the one after it was Prince, so it was probably someone fairly popular. I am fairly certain it had a male vocalist.

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my/uqaj/join-us

Hologram
Nov 2, 2006

:chillpill:
Looking for the name of something I heard a long time ago.

Classical piece with a tempo around 85-93 I think, and it kinda rumbles on.

It sounds very powerful/intimidating and slow.

The main "riff" is the violin section and the low brass section playing back and forth.

dun dundun dundun dundun dundun dundun dundunnn

I once heard it referred to as a piece from Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet but I don't believe that's the case.

IF it helps it's sone of the tunes they play from the speakers at Escape from Pompeii in Williamsburg, VA.

Hologram fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 11, 2008

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Ramagamma posted:

Ok heres the details of the song i'm looking for.

Theres a section of the chorus where the word "saturday" is repeated like 7 times. Possibly followed by "what a day".

A friend of mine believes it was sung by Elton John although i'm vaugely familiar with his works and a google search only turned up a song by him called "Saturdays Alright (for fighting)" which isn't the song i'm looking for.

Any suggestions?

Try looking through this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday#Saturday_songs

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

Try looking through this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday#Saturday_songs

Welp after looking around, too, a TON of bands have covered the Elton John song (including Queen and The Who) so there's a chance it could be one of those versions of the same song, as well.

I really can't think of any other songs that say saturday that much even though I'm sure I've heard one with a female vocalist and a ton of synths.

Honestly, though, I'm really thinking it might be the Who version that dude is thinking of, it sounds quite different.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Okay, this is driving me and my girlfriend mad. It's a 90's song, I believe, and it's almost like a dance track and has a woman going something like "dum dum da-duum, dum dum da-duum, dum dum daaaa-dum dum dum daaaa-dum"

Edit: Nevermind! Tom's Diner by Suzanne Vega

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Apr 12, 2008

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
An incredibly 80's song they play on the local oldies station. I'm not sure what the heck the guy is saying but it sounds like "Mineral Rice." It sounds so random for a guy to be singing about it, but I can't think of anything else he could be saying. There's also some breathy voices saying "Mineral Rice" too. It's also pretty slow and sappy sounding, in that 80's sort of way.

Help, please. It must be pretty popular because they play it all the time.

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

cuttin' cat faces in the pines.

Talor posted:

An incredibly 80's song they play on the local oldies station. I'm not sure what the heck the guy is saying but it sounds like "Mineral Rice." It sounds so random for a guy to be singing about it, but I can't think of anything else he could be saying. There's also some breathy voices saying "Mineral Rice" too. It's also pretty slow and sappy sounding, in that 80's sort of way.

Help, please. It must be pretty popular because they play it all the time.

LOL, maybe Peter Gabriel, "In Your Eyes"?

Edit: Ahahaha, mineral rice.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I've heard this song a few times, but it's always on the radio when I'm not near a computer or in a supermarket.

Basically the guy says some words then kind of goes "uh-huh huh huh huh huh"

The music part reminds me a bit of White Wedding.

Spider Crusoe
Jan 30, 2005

Rick posted:

I've heard this song a few times, but it's always on the radio when I'm not near a computer or in a supermarket.

"Black Tongue" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs comes to mind, but by "guy" I'm guessing you didn't mean a woman.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Rick posted:

The Greg Kihn Band- Break Up Song (They Don't Write 'Em)

Unfortunately, I can't find the original on youtube so this cover from Disneyland's 80s cover band will have to let you know if it's the correct song or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbN_UFuQiA0

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Medium Bi posted:

LOL, maybe Peter Gabriel, "In Your Eyes"?

Edit: Ahahaha, mineral rice.

That's it. Haha.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Superrodan posted:

The Greg Kihn Band- Break Up Song (They Don't Write 'Em)

Unfortunately, I can't find the original on youtube so this cover from Disneyland's 80s cover band will have to let you know if it's the correct song or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbN_UFuQiA0

That's it! Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
I have this song stuck in my head, but not the words. :smith:

The hook is pretty much this:

Doo dooo todayyyyyyy
Doo dooo tomorrowwwwwwww
Dah da da da da for you

Do and Da being the notes in the song, of course. It's a rock song, from the 2000's, I think the singer sounds like the singer from Disturbed, but the song itself is slow and melodic. Might be an Australian singer.

I think it may be "save me today" or "love me today" but I'm not sure