Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Hey, uh, Lunatic Rave 2 beta is out and it's pretty sweet. (Preview here)

There's a lot of new features, faster loading, most menus in English, MOUSE SUPPORT, and tons of little improvements (you can exit a song right after you pick it.. or at any time really).

This release really puts it in its own category, and not a "iidx emulator". Hopefully this will spurt more people to make songs for it and participate in BOFs. Some of my favorite songs are actually original ones, not official ones.

The only thing I don't like is how it's stretched out on my widescreen TV but somehow the original lunatic rave supported it.

Anyways.. check it out!

http://www.lunatic-rave.com/

Zo fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Apr 11, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

very
Jan 25, 2005

I err on the side of handsome.

Zo posted:

Hey, uh, Lunatic Rave 2 beta is out and it's pretty sweet. (Preview [url=]here[/url])

There's a lot of new features, faster loading, most menus in English, MOUSE SUPPORT, and tons of little improvements (you can exit a song right after you pick it.. or at any time really).

This release really puts it in its own category, and not a "iidx emulator". Hopefully this will spurt more people to make songs for it and participate in BOFs. Some of my favorite songs are actually original ones, not official ones.

The only thing I don't like is how it's stretched out on my widescreen TV but somehow the original lunatic rave supported it.

Anyways.. check it out!

Your Preview link is broken.

I get a japanese error when I try to make a new account. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Also irritating is the fact that you can't just close the config program if there are errors, you have to kill it. I remember there being a ton of great original BMS files and I'd like to check them out again.

Also I want to take some time to complain about my Happy Sky disk. The game crashes every time I try to play Love Is Eternity :(

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

very posted:

Your Preview link is broken.

I get a japanese error when I try to make a new account. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Also irritating is the fact that you can't just close the config program if there are errors, you have to kill it. I remember there being a ton of great original BMS files and I'd like to check them out again.

Also I want to take some time to complain about my Happy Sky disk. The game crashes every time I try to play Love Is Eternity :(

Fixed it, thanks.

Account name has to be more than 3 letters. That might be the error. Take a screenshot if that's not it. Choose your account, not the default one. For some reason it won't let you close unless you choose your own account.

very
Jan 25, 2005

Zo posted:

Fixed it, thanks.

Account name has to be more than 3 letters. That might be the error. Take a screenshot if that's not it. Choose your account, not the default one. For some reason it won't let you close unless you choose your own account.

Actually... Do you still need to install Japanese support for this? Maybe that is whats wrong.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

very posted:

Actually... Do you still need to install Japanese support for this? Maybe that is whats wrong.

Yup, same excessive restrictions as the original Lunatic Rave. Japanese fonts, japanese regional settings, etc.

It's annoying because some programs like MathCAD have no options to change language and they take the setting from your Windows settings.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Man, I was really hoping to find a IIDX machine now that I'm in Japan, but no dice. I know of two Pop'n locations and two GF/DM set-ups, but no IIDX. :mad: And I was so looking forward to the new songs in Troopers. Is there a website somewhere that lets you check where they have machines?

Giudecca
May 14, 2006

i'm so glad i'm better than you are.
Uh, everywhere... I've found IIDX machines at restaurants.

Walk around and ask if anyone knows where a large game center is. Ookii geemu senta, you know? If you can't find it even at a large arcade, you've clearly moved to a part of Japan that has banned Beatmania IIDX.

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

i really think you're overestimating how much
i love having dog shit smushed all over my face
Anyone wanna try writing up a how-to for installing Lunatic Rave? The stuff I get from Googling's really confusing.

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

Hey, what's the scoop on this Pop 'n Music Be-Mouse thingumy?

http://www.konami.jp/bemani/popn/goods/be-mouse/

Saw it on play-asia.com and I'm intrigued, to say the least.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

http://www.konamistyle.jp/sp/popn_bemouse/be_mouse.wmv

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
I hear Lunatic Rave 2 doesn't need you to download extra Japanese fonts since it comes with them. But that could be wrong so they are here anyways: http://media.outphase.com/Japanese%20Fonts.zip

Beyond that, all I did was go to control panel -> regional settings and change both 'Regional Options' and 'Language for Non-Unicode Programs' to japanese.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

That's awesome, but my horrendously large hands would not work at all for that thing.

e. forgetting words is awesome :psyduck:

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Apr 13, 2008

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Dr. Video Games 0029 posted:

Anyone wanna try writing up a how-to for installing Lunatic Rave? The stuff I get from Googling's really confusing.

never successful myself; gently caress that emulator.

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

Kinda cool; website alludes to downloading extra songs. Are the songs in that video exclusive to Be-Mouse or have they appeared in previous PnM releases?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Kinda cool; website alludes to downloading extra songs. Are the songs in that video exclusive to Be-Mouse or have they appeared in previous PnM releases?

In order...

High School Love - Pop'n 14
<Asian song of some type I don't know the name but gently caress the notechart is awesome> - Pop'n 15
Apples and Honey - Pop'n 7 (I think, may have been earlier, also in GFDM, there's an awesome remix in Pop'n 9)
Daikenkai - Pop'n 6
<I don't remember this song's name, pretty fun though> - Pop'n 13

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

According to BemaniStyle, the songlist is as follows...

The song list at the moment is:
Jig - Tir na n'Og
Hard PF - fffff
GRADIUS - GRADIUS -FULL SPEED-
Hip Rock - Daikenai
Lament - Shizuku
Megane Rock - Pop Music Ron
Shouwa Kayou - Ringo to Hachimitsu
Girls' Rock - *shining*
Hyper Japanesque - Mugen no Hikari
High Speed Love Song - High School Love
Nadeshiko Rock - Rinto shite Saku Hana no Gotoku

very
Jan 25, 2005

Does anybody only use hard mode? I'm having a lot more fun since I've only played hard mode for the last couple of weeks. I'm still behind my normal clears of course, but I'm catching up.

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

DiscoJ posted:

According to BemaniStyle, the songlist is as follows...

The song list at the moment is:
Jig - Tir na n'Og
Hard PF - fffff
GRADIUS - GRADIUS -FULL SPEED-
Hip Rock - Daikenai
Lament - Shizuku
Megane Rock - Pop Music Ron
Shouwa Kayou - Ringo to Hachimitsu
Girls' Rock - *shining*
Hyper Japanesque - Mugen no Hikari
High Speed Love Song - High School Love
Nadeshiko Rock - Rinto shite Saku Hana no Gotoku

Not a lot of songs. :( Other than the novelty of it I guess I'll be skipping this. In other news, I'm biting the bullet tonight and snagging a controller and Pop 'n 13.

VgameT
Dec 31, 2007

therefore I only muttered "neu"

very posted:

Does anybody only use hard mode? I'm having a lot more fun since I've only played hard mode for the last couple of weeks. I'm still behind my normal clears of course, but I'm catching up.

I wouldn't suggest writing off normal clears entirely, but going back and trying to hard clear everything you've normal cleared is a good way to get better at the game. It'll train you to combo and time easier patterns consistently.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
So I seem to have hit a brand new wall - fast scales.

I can't for the LIFE of me nail fast all-key scales, which is keeping me from killing off a lot of the 6s I'm trying between the various styles. I can do slow-ish ones both one and two handed, but I can't get the really quick stuff. Any advice on where my hands should be? I've been thinking I should just use my right index and thumb and slide them along the keys, thumb on black and index on white. This seems like the fastest, most accurate way [since my middle, ring, and pinky are, while better than they were before, not THAT fast]

And god help me if the scale goes from right to left. :psyduck:

Fishious
Jan 9, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

So I seem to have hit a brand new wall - fast scales.

I can't for the LIFE of me nail fast all-key scales, which is keeping me from killing off a lot of the 6s I'm trying between the various styles. I can do slow-ish ones both one and two handed, but I can't get the really quick stuff. Any advice on where my hands should be? I've been thinking I should just use my right index and thumb and slide them along the keys, thumb on black and index on white. This seems like the fastest, most accurate way [since my middle, ring, and pinky are, while better than they were before, not THAT fast]

And god help me if the scale goes from right to left. :psyduck:

Don't slide like it's a panio, or try any weird special hand arangement for one certain type of scale. Don't try to mess with the play style you're developing your skills with just because of scales or any other weird arrangement, focus on something which generally works and stick to it. I never was able to play scales until I was able to clear about half of the 10s so just think about it as one of those things that you just can't handle for now, and random scaled charts. I sorta just mashed scales for a while, but eventually it just felt like playing the same thing with any sort of arrangement as I started to play nothing but randoms for a while and my fingers just fell into place.

Also curious what songs are these, I can't remember any particularly nefarious scales around the 6 range.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Fishious posted:

Don't slide like it's a panio, or try any weird special hand arangement for one certain type of scale. Don't try to mess with the play style you're developing your skills with just because of scales or any other weird arrangement, focus on something which generally works and stick to it. I never was able to play scales until I was able to clear about half of the 10s so just think about it as one of those things that you just can't handle for now, and random scaled charts. I sorta just mashed scales for a while, but eventually it just felt like playing the same thing with any sort of arrangement as I started to play nothing but randoms for a while and my fingers just fell into place.

Yeah, right now I basically just skip them and focus on the stuff I can do, and it tends to work out - but it sucks getting Bs and Cs on songs I know I could get As or AAs on if I could just nail the scales. :argh: I definitely understand what you mean though, and it's basically how I tackled chords - I could never pull off three note chords [1-3-7 or 1-5-7 would always get me] but one day, I was hitting them like crazy, and thought "Huh, I guess I can do this now!"

quote:

Also curious what songs are these, I can't remember any particularly nefarious scales around the 6 range.

Well, I can't recall right now what 6s I mean, but here's a 5 (Love is Dreaminess [n]) which is a good example - sections 66 through 68. Not particularly bad on paper anyway, but my fingers just say "oh gently caress this"

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

So how come in 9th style, for Moon_Child, the artist is named Shonen Radio - And in Troopers, for Shounen A, the artist is named 'Shounen Radio'?

Which one is right or does it swing both ways?

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

very posted:

I've started to play Hard / Random on everything.

I fail a lot more often, but it forces you to play your best when you have meter building sections. I can pass some 10* on normal play, but my hard / random clears stop around the 9s with some exceptions.

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

Hooray, my first foray into Pop 'n oughta happen sometime next week. :unsmith: Really looking forward to it.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Hooray, my first foray into Pop 'n oughta happen sometime next week. :unsmith: Really looking forward to it.

Pop'n is freaking awesome. I love that big, happy game so much.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Zo posted:

Hey, uh, Lunatic Rave 2 beta is out and it's pretty sweet. (Preview here)

Anyways.. check it out!

How do I configure my joystick? I can't find the button in the config - do I have to use Joy2Key?

edit: got keys working, but I'm wondering what this 'interval' option that is set at "32ms" by default is...any idea?

Elephunk fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 15, 2008

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Code Jockey posted:

Pop'n is freaking awesome. I love that big, happy game so much.

Yeah, 13's a good one to start with in terms of the general style too. The carnival motif is great.

I did love Fever Senshi Pop n'14 though.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

I wish I could get into Pop'n Music, but the cost behind a controller is what's putting me off. Mostly since there's a huge difference between the mini controller and the ASC, while for beatmania the keys are the same size, it's just the turntable distance.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Like an Accident posted:

So how come in 9th style, for Moon_Child, the artist is named Shonen Radio - And in Troopers, for Shounen A, the artist is named 'Shounen Radio'?

Which one is right or does it swing both ways?

Hahaha.

DJ Taka: DJ Setup, TAKA, Outphase, Iconoclasm, Amuro vs Killer, Lion Musashi, Risk Junk, and Kijinshi (I didn't even know about this one) are all him or one of his two-man groups.

I didn't know any of this when I first started playing, and when I eventually found out that half of my favorite songs were all from the same guy, it blew my mind.

Your thing though, "shounen" and "shonen" are just two correct romanizations of the same japanese word, but still I wouldn't worry about artist names.

Like an Accident posted:

edit: got keys working, but I'm wondering what this 'interval' option that is set at "32ms" by default is...any idea?

I didn't change any of the default settings, and my scores are about the same as my arcade scores so I think the timing's pretty well adjusted already. Wwell it's usually 2-3% higher EXSCORE but it's probably just because of the easier scratching on the home controller.

Zo fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Apr 15, 2008

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Zo posted:

Hahaha.

DJ Taka: DJ Setup, TAKA, Outphase, Iconoclasm, Amuro vs Killer, Lion Musashi, Risk Junk, and Kijinshi (I didn't even know about this one) are all him or one of his two-man groups.

Hahaha, what the gently caress? That's awesome.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Zo posted:

Hahaha.

I didn't know any of this when I first started playing, and when I eventually found out that half of my favorite songs were all from the same guy, it blew my mind.

Your thing though, "shounen" and "shonen" are just two correct romanizations of the same japanese word, but still I wouldn't worry about artist names.

I didn't change any of the default settings, and my scores are about the same as my arcade scores so I think the timing's pretty well adjusted already. Wwell it's usually 2-3% higher EXSCORE but it's probably just because of the easier scratching on the home controller.

I knew that Taka/Naoki have tons of aliases, I was using the name "Shonen_Radio" on TF2 for a while and I just wanted to know how to spell it since even the games have two differing texts.

My timing is crazy, I get good attack with the default 32ms setting, maybe its my LCD or something, about to do further investigation.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Zo posted:

Hahaha.

Shonen Radio is Jun Wakita, who has a hand in songs by DJ W., LEGO STUDIO, Ele Block, SHRINE 418 (him + Handsome Jet), and iconoclasm (him + Taka), among others.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Kind of makes sense that the same guy did Murmur Twins and moon_child.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

So I decided to try out LR2, and every time I scratch the button stays hit for what feels like a whole half second or so. Scrolling the menus with it I'm ending up going through 6 or so options at a time. It's the controller from the American PS2 IIDX, plugged into a really old PS2 --> USB thing I used to use for DDR. Does anyone know a remedy for this, or at least how to turn on auto-scratch?

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Interrupting the LR2 discussion for the CS GOLD discussion.

For those of us that are getting the Complete LE, there's going to be the beatnation Records LED album. It's going to follow the format of DJ Taka's Milestone album, first disc is extended versions of his songs, and the second is a bunch of remixes. The songlist for disc one is released:

<Disc 1>
01 THE DEEP STRIKER
02 IXION
03 PHOTONGENIC
04 THE EARTHLIGHT
05 DAWN-THE NEXT ENDEAVOUR-
06 NEBULA GRASPER
07 ERAser ENgiNe
08 SOLID STATE SQUAD
09 SOUND OF GIALLARHORN
10 ACID VISION
11 JEWELLERY STORM
12 STEEL NEEDLE
13 THE DETONATOR
14 THE LAST STRIKER

And all but two song titles are released for disc two.

<Disc 2>
01 ( dj TAKA ) GENOM SCREAMS
02 ( DJ YOSHITAKA )
03 ( TOMOSUKE ) ACID VISION
04 ( wac )
05 ( kors k ) THE SHINING POLARIS
06 ( Ryu☆ ) INFINITE PRAYER
07 ( Sota Fujimori ) 電人、暁に斃れる。
08 ( DAJI ) TYPE MARS
09 ( 猫叉Master ) Bahram Battleship-From ANUBIS ZONE OF THE ENDERS-
10 ( SLAKE ) HYPER BOUNDARY GATE
11 ( sanodg ) LASER CRUSTER
12 ( 高田雅史 ) QUANTUM TELEPORTATION
13 ( DJ TECHNORCH ) HELL SCAPER
14 ( GUHROOVY ) LOVELY STORM

Guhroovy remixing Lovely Storm? kors k doing The Shining Polaris? Ryu doing Infinite Prayer? :flashfap:

And then there's the beatnation summit LIVE DVD.

<DJ YOSHITAKA>
01.beatnation Summitオープニング
02.GOLD RUSH
03.CONTRACT
04.CaptivAte~裁き~(SUBLIME TECHNO MIX)
05.CaptivAte~誓い~
06.星をこの手に
07.High School Love
08.INFERNO
09.Endless Summer Story
10.D.A.N.C.E.!(SL-MIX)

<Ryu☆>
01.Second Heaven
02.雪月花
03.Be quiet
04.THE SAFARI -Ryu☆remix-
05.So Fabulous!!
06.Abyss -The Heavens Remix-
07.Aurora
08.AGEHA
09.waxing and wanding
10.Under the Sky (Ryu☆Remix)
11.rainbow rainbow
12.Go Beyond!! (Ryu☆ Vs. Sota)

<Sota Fujimori>
01.Opening
02.With you…
03.Look To The Sky
04.Star Gate Heaven
05.Rising Sun
06.The Hope of Tomorrow
07.Cyber Force (Sota Fujimori feat.cyborg AKEMI)
08.PLASMA
09.Psyche Planet V
10.ANDROMEDA
11.ANDROMEDA II
12.beatonic nation
13.Back Into The Light

<AKIRA YAMAOKA>
01.iFUTURELIST
02.SPACE FIGHT
03.tant pis pour toi
04.昭和企業戦士荒山課長
05.bitmania
06.ライオン好き

<L.E.D.-G>
01.HELL SCAPER
02.ErAseRmoToR maXimUM
03.eRAseRmOToRpHAntOM
04.THE DEEP STRIKER
05.OUTER LIMITS ALTERNATIVE
06.LOVELY STORM
07.5PM ETERNAL(GUHROOVY fw. NO+CHIN)
08.ROCK ME NOW (GUHROOVY fw. NO+CHIN)
09.SOLID STATE SQUAD (kors k Vs. L.E.D.)

<kors k>
01.the shadow
02.Rising in the Sun
03.tripping contact
04.tripping contact (teranoid & MC Natsack Remix)
05.ay carumba!!!!
06.heaven above

<dj TAKA>
01.V -conclusion-
02.嘆きの樹
03.ABSOLUTE 2007
04.Rainbow Flyer -In The Dream Mix-
05.Blue Rain
06.Votum stellarum -forest #25 RMX-

<Encore>
01.SigSig
02.starmine
03.One More Lovely -after hours-

<特典映像>
詳細情報は追って公開いたします。

I hope it's as good as I think it is in my head.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
Well, then guess who just ordered the Complete LE?

What sucks is that I get about three weeks to play it before I deploy for a few months.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

kimcicle posted:

:words:

I hope it's as good as I think it is in my head.

When will Ryu or kors K come perform in the US? :(

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Like an Accident posted:

When will Ryu or kors K come perform in the US? :(

kors k already has. Bowlmanifest 2007.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

do it! do it! is naoki, i don't care what anyone says. it's not ryu man use your fucken head

Audhumla posted:

So I decided to try out LR2, and every time I scratch the button stays hit for what feels like a whole half second or so. Scrolling the menus with it I'm ending up going through 6 or so options at a time. It's the controller from the American PS2 IIDX, plugged into a really old PS2 --> USB thing I used to use for DDR. Does anyone know a remedy for this, or at least how to turn on auto-scratch?

if you'd like i can e-mail you a modified usbport.sys that ups the polling rate to 250hz and makes the USKOC lag-free (and hosed up turntable free) with a usb converter. alternatively, google "usb mouserate switcher" and you should find the frontend to modify the file on your own (it's reverseable in case something fucks up.) i've been AAAing 10s and some 11s using a USKOC, radioshack adapter, and usbport.sys at 250hz refresh.

enojy fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Apr 18, 2008