Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
So Adam finally got kicked off Dancing with the Stars. Kinda sucks.

Right now I'm working on a script to export all my mp3 tags to an excel spreadsheet. Since all my tags are perfect it should work out pretty well.

Also, I had to grab the 1000th post in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

Moist von Lipwig posted:

So Adam finally got kicked off Dancing with the Stars. Kinda sucks.

Right now I'm working on a script to export all my mp3 tags to an excel spreadsheet. Since all my tags are perfect it should work out pretty well.

Also, I had to grab the 1000th post in the thread.

Check my last post. There is already a spreadsheet. It has more than the mp3's we have

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Rushmore posted:

Check my last post. There is already a spreadsheet. It has more than the mp3's we have

Oh, you said someone had already started it, so I assumed there wasn't a whole lot there.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Phone posted:

Is there any place online to watch the Dancing with the Stars bits with Adam in it?

10-16-2001: Guest is Steve from Smashmouth who has a foul mouth and loathes Anderson's existence because he keeps on playing "I'm a Believer". It becomes punishment after he lets his second s-word fly. That wasn't his last offense. Not worth an entire listen, but it was hilarious to hear him say that he wants to kill Anderson.

10-17-2001: Night of absolute idiots, with a couple of brilliant callers, and a bonus secret at the end! (Worth a whole listen)

I think you and I are psychically linked or something.

The Smash Mouth episode has another golden nugget when a "British" girl calls in, Adam calls her out on her accent and it turns out she's Steve's girlfriend and she tells the world how he tucks his penis between his legs to look like a girl when he gets out of the shower.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Rushmore posted:

http://lovelinecentral.com/mp3/loveline%20-%20freetruman%27s%20update%20to%20puck%27s%20list.xls

someone has already started this. I've created a wiki, but I haven't the time or the know how to configure it. If anybody does, reply to this (no PM) and I'll give them admin on it.

it's at http://www.lovelinecentral.com

I'll be glad to give a hand. What needs done?

BAM!
Jun 23, 2007

Phone posted:

10-17-2001: Night of absolute idiots, with a couple of brilliant callers, and a bonus secret at the end! (Worth a whole listen)

Thank you for this. I've listened to hundreds of episodes, and this is honest to god one of the funniest I've heard.

e: Does anyone know where to get the song they played at the end?

BAM! fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 10, 2008

You Listen Here, See
Feb 11, 2006

Money. Money. Money.
DES ARE MY TOYS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnda41lj6go&feature=related

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
^^^

Oh lawdy, thank you.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Shiggen posted:

Westwood done
I believe that's supposed to be 'Westwood None', a disparaging play on the name Westwood One. See also: Westwood Two.

edit: Oh, quick request: Can anyone recall the date when Anderson randomly jumped into playing back this commercial Adam did where he was very emphatically plugging some Mountain Dew discounted entrance to an amusement part, I think Six Flags?

Alexandr fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Apr 11, 2008

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BAM! posted:

Thank you for this. I've listened to hundreds of episodes, and this is honest to god one of the funniest I've heard.

e: Does anyone know where to get the song they played at the end?

gently caress that, I wanted the extended dance version.

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Oh, Jesus. On a quality hunch, I listened to 10-18 of 2001 after the other 2, and it was ALSO an excellent one. The call where Adam made up vagitarian and then called Jimmy about it, and then the airhead who kept asking Adam and Drew random questions, and then came up with the drop, "It's just that you guys SEEM like teenagers, but your voices are like old."

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Okay, this may be the funniest thing I've ever heard. Check out "themountain.mp3" in here: http://www.grandfromage.net/SA/

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The mountain was hilarious I didn't realize his show was this funny. Glad loveline isn't the only talk show worth putting on my ipod.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
Is that phone screener Brian? He's really good.

BiscuitErsedRenton
May 28, 2006

Depression, boredom... You feel so fucking low, you want to fucking top yourself.
Does anyone have a clip of when Adam was using his Chinatown condom voice doing all the memorable movie quotes?

I do this all the time to my friends and I want to let them hear the real deal from the Ace man.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Grifter posted:

Is that phone screener Brian? He's really good.

No, it was Joel McHale from The Soup. He comes in every Friday and is hilarious.

Soychemist
Jan 4, 2008
If I'm posting about a wired.com article, report me so I can be banned!
Drew Pinsky has some really crazy ideas about the evolutionary origins of alcoholism. He thinks it developed during years of warfare in Scotland because the same gene which makes people drunks also allows them to keep their wits about them on the battlefield. They do best under lots of pressure.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah, I saw that on Bill Nye's show, "Eyes of Nye". The one on addiction features Drew, and the other episodes are also worth watching. Last I checked they were on youtube. Pretty sure it's not okay for me to directly link them though.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Soychemist posted:

Drew Pinsky has some really crazy ideas about the evolutionary origins of alcoholism. He thinks it developed during years of warfare in Scotland because the same gene which makes people drunks also allows them to keep their wits about them on the battlefield. They do best under lots of pressure.

Many genetic disorders started as a benefit for a different situation and time period.

dsh
Aug 2, 2003

Soychemist posted:

It think it's plausible that extenuating circumstances that demand high performance under duress may exert a selective pressure on traits that increase our ability to handle that. I don't think he's claiming that warfare in Scotland was the sole cause of alcoholism, but perhaps Scotland's violent history may have had a role in increasing the proportion of addict genes, assuming they did in-fact improve wartime fitness.

XBurritoXLogicX
Jun 26, 2005

by T. Finninho
(Whoops. Left this window open way...way too long.)

XBurritoXLogicX fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Apr 16, 2008

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all
^^^^^^^^what he said...

Soychemist posted:

First, as another poster said, he didn't say alcoholism originated in Scotland, but that it was a trait that was naturally selected for. The same might be said for some Native American tribes where it's really strong. Recently on Dr. Drew Live he correctly guessed that a caller had at least 1/4 of a certain tribe in her blood since every single member of her family was an alcoholic.

I don't know how accurate that idea is, you'd expect the most violent groups to breed the largest number of alcoholics and I don't know if that's the case. But his point is that, without plentiful alcohol or drugs around, the alcoholic gene seems to serve people well in some other way, and that seems plausible to me.

YardGlass
Jan 21, 2003

Instant asshole: Just add beer
Man I love this show. Started listening over a year ago when I first saw a thread on here. Looking forward to the wiki getting setup so I can start contributing to it.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

8/5/01 sure is a great night. The source of the "I just wanted to get some dick" drop, a 34 year old virgin, great calls all around.

Edit: Oh, and a request. I could really go for hearing DAG sing "Anything Lesbians Can Do, I Can Do Better". Anyone know when that was?

Spraynard Kruger fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 16, 2008

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
11-14-2001 (Guest Tori Amos) - Tori Amos is a guest, and she comes off as quite crazy; however, not as crazy as Adam's rant after she leaves. Fantastic social commentary.

11-15-2001 - Post-Tori Amos show with a bunch of Ozzie drops comparing the two. Boogie + Lightning Round; overall a solid episode.

Jagfire
Aug 16, 2003

Boing!
Everybody listen to the most recent installment of This Week in Rage. I was dying when Adam went on about Oprah's audience. It's a little past halfway through. http://www.971freefm.com/pages/1247.php

It's episode 1925177 if you can't find it

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
Hahaha, I'm listening on KROQ's website and they are playing Loveline right now... there was a 13 year old kid that got his 14 year old girlfriend pregnant, but now there is some farmer guy that is asking about anal lube. Said he didn't want to go into town so he had tried butter and canola oil as lube. :psyduck:

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Phone posted:

11-14-2001 (Guest Tori Amos) - Tori Amos is a guest, and she comes off as quite crazy; however, not as crazy as Adam's rant after she leaves. Fantastic social commentary.

11-15-2001 - Post-Tori Amos show with a bunch of Ozzie drops comparing the two. Boogie + Lightning Round; overall a solid episode.

I got really fed up with the couple of weeks after the 9/11 show and started skipping ahead because the only thing more depressing than work is work and people talking about 9/11. Point being I settled on the Tori Amos show and she is amazingly crazy in a very lucid way. She must have some kind of previously unknown condition.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
I need some more good rant episodes, people. I just finished the Tori Amos one, very good show.

BAM!
Jun 23, 2007

dethkon posted:

I need some more good rant episodes, people. I just finished the Tori Amos one, very good show.

I think someone brought up 2001-10-17 already, but it's gold. A night of absolute TARDS - excellent rant about Dr. Kevorkian too.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BAM! posted:

I think someone brought up 2001-10-17 already, but it's gold. A night of absolute TARDS - excellent rant about Dr. Kevorkian too.

Hide the fact that you masturbate!

funkedpunk
Dec 31, 2007
wow, i remember searching for archives of this show around 1999,2000 when I moved to the east coast and stopped listening on a nightly basis but i couldn't find any. I was a regular listener of the show and used to lay in bed with the radio turned real low and listen until i feel asleep from 4th to 8th grade. I still remember the episode when the lead singer of Pennywise got drunk and barricaded them/himself in the studio.

Thanks so much for posting the links in the OP, i can't tell you how excited I am to listen to these shows again.

Liface
Jun 17, 2001

by T. Finn

Rushmore posted:

http://lovelinecentral.com/mp3/loveline%20-%20freetruman%27s%20update%20to%20puck%27s%20list.xls

someone has already started this. I've created a wiki, but I haven't the time or the know how to configure it. If anybody does, reply to this (no PM) and I'll give them admin on it.

it's at http://www.lovelinecentral.com

I'll have a go at configuring it after I turn in this paper I'm writing tomorrow. I've created tons of Wikis before, although why not MediaWiki? I just hate the TikiWiki interface and people are more used to the MediaWiki one.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

Liface posted:

I'll have a go at configuring it after I turn in this paper I'm writing tomorrow. I've created tons of Wikis before, although why not MediaWiki? I just hate the TikiWiki interface and people are more used to the MediaWiki one.

My hosting had a thing to automatically install it. I'll fire up mediawiki if i can today.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

BAM! posted:

Oh man, I accidentally opened up the 2002-10-17 episode instead, and I've got to say it's even better. Too much stuff to name, but my favorite was the last caller of the night. You just have to hear it, the whole show is awesome.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
I hate coming in to this thread, reading about some killer episodes, and then finding that lovelinearchive is out of bandwidth.

Luckily, we have our goon friend from lovelinecentral! Thanks so much for hosting these.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Gentleman, we have seen the future.

What Fun posted:

I hate coming in to this thread, reading about some killer episodes, and then finding that lovelinearchive is out of bandwidth.

Luckily, we have our goon friend from lovelinecentral! Thanks so much for hosting these.

I don't think it is "files" but there is a 45GB torrent of all the shows on lovelinearchive.com It takes forever to download, but it worth it when the sites are down on bandwidth.

The Pantheon
Apr 25, 2008

Mmm.

What Fun posted:

Agreed. Loveline Central is my goddamn haven. Thank you goon genius. I got into LoveLine from reading this thread mid-late last year, I've now got all of 2001-2004 and am getting 2005 at the moment. I've listened to 2003-2004 and am now midway through 2001.

After listening to my first month's worth of shows and reading through the thread I couldn't believe fellow Aussies/foreigners asking if Adam was being serious when guessing if most callers were Jewish. His style of delivery is pure genius, he has a laconic but razor sharp wit that I've yet to see matched and so many times I've gone "I-. that is the most perfect analogy. I agree completely."

Now I consider myself a sick, crazy devotee. This is partially proven as I present to this thread, a "Callers Tribute" to LoveLine:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/4/30/1890699/LLinetribute.mp3

ADAM+DREW YEARS 4 LIFE.

JeansW
Aug 4, 2004
Yes. Like the jeans...
2003-09-08 has the best smoke detector call ever. Most callers know they have one going off but ignore it, this caller is so dumb she vehemently denies even having a smoke detector with a low battery. It starts at around 39:30 and had me in tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump
Loveline has officially ruined me. I have now told someone, during customer service call, that their smoke detector needs its battery changed.

• Locked thread