Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend

Phrog posted:

Secondly, can anybody identify the movie/movies in this music video? I'm in the mood for a movie with a lot of car crashes/chases and this video looks awesome in that regard.

Warning: :nws: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQYWRNxfUc0 :nws:

I'm not sure, but I think I saw a bit from Deathrace 2000 in there, and well as a scene from Used Cars. That's a really good 70's car stunt movie with Kurt Russell. Trust me, you'll love it. I also thought I saw a few scenes from Eat My Dust and Grand Theft Auto. both by Ron Howard at the start of his career.

I know I saw a shitload of bits from Hooper. Burt Reynolds stunt flick with a BUNCH of car chase action. I lost count, but the part with the souped up Firebird jumping the bridge, the car chase with the falling smokestack, the truck driving backwards on the freeway and the cop getting yanked off his bike were all from that one for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazedmongoose
Dec 25, 2007

"...oh if only I weren't so fat..."
Okay, I saw this late night on SBS (an Australian channel) about a year ago. But I was busy with an assignment so decided to look it up later. But then I realized that I didn't really know anything to look it up by.

The details I can remeber is, it's a Japanese film. I think that this is about either a family or just a group of people who owns an inn of sorts. Some guy stays at their inn for a little while and then kills himself, leaving no note behind what-so-ever.

The owners of the inn, happening upon his unexplained corpse, becomes incredibly anxious (cos it looks like a murder) and then they....um.....do a song and dance number about it... (or I recall them to, hopefully I didn't just dream that)

It seemed utterly bizzare and I must know what it is.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Crazedmongoose posted:

Okay, I saw this late night on SBS (an Australian channel) about a year ago. But I was busy with an assignment so decided to look it up later. But then I realized that I didn't really know anything to look it up by.

The details I can remeber is, it's a Japanese film. I think that this is about either a family or just a group of people who owns an inn of sorts. Some guy stays at their inn for a little while and then kills himself, leaving no note behind what-so-ever.

The owners of the inn, happening upon his unexplained corpse, becomes incredibly anxious (cos it looks like a murder) and then they....um.....do a song and dance number about it... (or I recall them to, hopefully I didn't just dream that)

It seemed utterly bizzare and I must know what it is.

the absolutely amazing Happiness of the Katakuris by the equally amazing Takashi Miike

Its just about my favourite film ever :)

Crazedmongoose
Dec 25, 2007

"...oh if only I weren't so fat..."

ECTO-1 posted:

the absolutely amazing Happiness of the Katakuris by the equally amazing Takashi Miike

Thank you good sir.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

ECTO-1 posted:

I remembered this being on aicn when it toured festivals a year or so ago

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458367/

Kind of off topic, but does anyone know it its any good? I remember being interested by the trailer when it first showed up but then completely forgetting about it until I saw that it was on DVD.

KillRoy
Dec 28, 2004
I many not go down in history but I'll go down on you sister.
Ok, I have one.

Era Had to be early 90's or 80's.

I only vaguely remember the plot. It's about some special forces guy who comes back home from a war somewhere to settle down. He moves to the same town as his sister. His sister is then killed by a serial killer who gets caught and sent to prison. Grief stricken, all the commando can do is think about his dead sister and how much he wants revenge, so he uses his special forces training to break into the prison to kill the serial killer. While he's doing this a riot breaks out and he ends up killing about 50 prisoners.

Any help?

Dinkerdoo
Dec 18, 2005

If you go out in the woods today, You'd better not go alone. It's lovely out in the woods today, but safer to stay at home.
This one's been bugging me for a while.

I only saw one scene of it when I was seven or eight years old (back around 1991-2 or so), but as I recall, the premise was that all technology had turned evil. In the scene, a young boy was riding around suburbia in a bicycle (or maybe he was walking, I forget), and passing by the resultant carnage of technology's rebellion. For instance, I remember a guy dead in his bathroom from his shaver going berserk, and people smashed by their cars. It would periodically cut to a truck driving itself around, and I presume it was looking for the kid. I'd like to find this movie again, as it sounds like something that could be entertaining to see no matter how good or bad it might have been.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Poo Poo Ta Nah Nah posted:

This one's been bugging me for a while.

I only saw one scene of it when I was seven or eight years old (back around 1991-2 or so), but as I recall, the premise was that all technology had turned evil. In the scene, a young boy was riding around suburbia in a bicycle (or maybe he was walking, I forget), and passing by the resultant carnage of technology's rebellion. For instance, I remember a guy dead in his bathroom from his shaver going berserk, and people smashed by their cars. It would periodically cut to a truck driving itself around, and I presume it was looking for the kid. I'd like to find this movie again, as it sounds like something that could be entertaining to see no matter how good or bad it might have been.

It sounds like Maximum Overdrive. Not 100% sure though.

Dinkerdoo
Dec 18, 2005

If you go out in the woods today, You'd better not go alone. It's lovely out in the woods today, but safer to stay at home.

Slasherfan posted:

It sounds like Maximum Overdrive. Not 100% sure though.

Looks like that's it! Thank you sir.

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

I'm looking for a film set in the 1900's or so which has a nuclear explosion.

Wild Wild West was on TV today and I was sure this scene was in there as it's a breathtakingly stupid movie but apparantly I was wrong. I definitely remember seeing it somewhere though.

TenTonHammer
Oct 3, 2003
Davidian

:dukedog:
I actually have 2. One with a better description than the other.

The first one I saw on cinemax years ago. It was about some teenager, kinda dorky, that works in a funeral home. Anyway, he is picked on by popular kids all the time. During the movie, the popular kids have a car wreck with a semi with some kind of chemicals and die, and are sent to the funeral home. They then come back to life that night during some storm while the dork is in the funeral home. I think it was made in the 90s.

Second movie is pure 80s cheese, based in the future where intergalactic fights are held on a space station. Humans don't enter it cause they don't really have a chance, but some human that works there enters, and fights his way to the top, and the end fight ends up being kinda fixed due to a handicap beam.

Anyone remember these?

Dame Cook
Aug 6, 2006

by I Ozma Myself

TenTonHammer posted:

Second movie is pure 80s cheese, based in the future where intergalactic fights are held on a space station. Humans don't enter it cause they don't really have a chance, but some human that works there enters, and fights his way to the top, and the end fight ends up being kinda fixed due to a handicap beam.
Arena. It's notable for having Claudia Christian, Armin Shimmerman and Marc Alaimo in the cast, and falls firmly into the 'nice concept, shame about the budget' camp.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

TenTonHammer posted:

Anyone remember these?

Arena, not a good film.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0101366/

TenTonHammer
Oct 3, 2003
Davidian

Dame Cook posted:

Arena. It's notable for having Claudia Christian, Armin Shimmerman and Marc Alaimo in the cast, and falls firmly into the 'nice concept, shame about the budget' camp.

Awesome thats it. Thanks. Now I got to find it somewhere on dvd if it was ever made :D

BR3WSKI
Oct 26, 2007
Alaska is cold..
I'm looking for a movie, this is the description I have...

"a guy gets into a car accident and (somehow) is transported to a town of all gays where he is the only straight guy. It may be a concussion or coma that causes it".

I tried googling it, hopefully someone knows.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

zombieman posted:

The hilariously awful Burial Ground:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0081248/

I laughed quite a bit after seeing this again. Thank you! Surprisingly decent makeup too.

Another European slasher/horror movie I can't recall the name of:

This one also must have been from some time in the mid to late seventies. One of the countless movies like The Blood Splattered Bride where it starts out kind of unique but then quickly devolves into yet another remake of Carmilla. I only remember the earliest points of this one, where the mansion the young woman is sent to stay at is owned by a few of her relatives. Two of the residents are her uncles and they are involved in satanic rituals that bring about the general giallo craziness.

Peaches seven
Apr 7, 2008

Life is better than death, I believe, if only because it is less boring and because it has fresh peaches in it - Thomas Walker
The movie that I can't remember is a kids movie I saw sometime in the 90's (when I was still a kid, obviously). It was about this frog who is orphaned when his mom, dad, and tadpole brothers and sisters are eaten by something, it was pretty horrific...Then he does something, meets some frog chick with really long legs...then I think her uncle is some kind of evil mobster guy who kills people, including her parents. The last scene I remember is the chick frog hugging her uncle because he killed her parents...I think. Does anyone remember this movie?

OfF KiLTeR
Apr 16, 2007

Guess where this lollipop's going?
Buglord
I posted this one in the last Identify a forgotten movie thread... and I never got a response. So I am trying again.

The movie I saw was last seen over 10 years ago from the Martial Arts Section from a local video rental shop. The movie itself is at least 20 years old, and possibly older.

I remember the movie had the name "ninja" in the title, but I cannot remember where in the title it came.

It was a story about several ninjas who were plotting against the Tokugawa government. There were several cheesy effects like people jumping up cliffs (displayed by people jumping off of cliffs backwards.)

There were several introductions that involved a cut-scene and the name of the ninja in question IE: "Sarutobi Sasuke: The Ninja."

I remember the ninjas poisoning a whole army and the army having hallicinations of a flying castle attacking them.

At the end all of the ninjas die, except one who flies away in a meteor after calling the sequence of Rin Pyo To Sha Kai Chin Retsu Zai Zen

Here is my challenge to movie buff goons. Name my movie.... please?!?

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Ive been trying to find the name of a TV mini-series that aired in the late 80s/early 90s. The plot was that some woman had a near-death experience. During the near-death experience several (I want to say seven?) dark, shadowy hands grabbed out at her soul while she went through the tunnel towards the light. She doesn't die, but death still was after her. Each of the hands from the tunnel represented a future attempt on her life by demonic forces.

One of the scenes was of some skateboard kid getting run over by a car then turning into some sort of demon who chased the woman through a parking garage.

I know it isn't a ton of information, but hopefully someone remembers it.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

TenTonHammer posted:

The first one I saw on cinemax years ago. It was about some teenager, kinda dorky, that works in a funeral home. Anyway, he is picked on by popular kids all the time. During the movie, the popular kids have a car wreck with a semi with some kind of chemicals and die, and are sent to the funeral home. They then come back to life that night during some storm while the dork is in the funeral home. I think it was made in the 90s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Return_of_the_Living_Dead

Maybe. Has a guy who works at a mortuary & gas spread by rain as the zombification method. I don't remember it so clearly.

Runoir
Feb 25, 2007
I saw a movie about six years ago that I'd like to see again, unfortunately I never got the title. I believe the movie was about monks coming to the United States to find the replacement for the Dalai Lama. The monks find one (or maybe more) children born near the time of the Dalai Lama's death and have to figure out if they have the right person.

And, more obscurely, I saw a made for TV movie on UPN a long time ago 10+ years. In the future, a female singer is invited to preform at a nightclub. Performers are plugged into a machine that projects their thoughts and turns the inside of the nightclub into whatever setting the performer wants. Twist: The technology for the nightclub is military, and something evil lives in the program and kills performers while they are in the machine. Also, the lead character sings a song called Holly by Repiblica during the movie.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Runoir posted:

I saw a movie about six years ago that I'd like to see again, unfortunately I never got the title. I believe the movie was about monks coming to the United States to find the replacement for the Dalai Lama. The monks find one (or maybe more) children born near the time of the Dalai Lama's death and have to figure out if they have the right person.

Little Buddha?

Runoir posted:

And, more obscurely, I saw a made for TV movie on UPN a long time ago 10+ years. In the future, a female singer is invited to preform at a nightclub. Performers are plugged into a machine that projects their thoughts and turns the inside of the nightclub into whatever setting the performer wants. Twist: The technology for the nightclub is military, and something evil lives in the program and kills performers while they are in the machine. Also, the lead character sings a song called Holly by Repiblica during the movie.

Google search "Holly Republica movie" tells me: The Cyberstalking

FitFortDanga fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Apr 21, 2008

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Carthag posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Return_of_the_Living_Dead

Maybe. Has a guy who works at a mortuary & gas spread by rain as the zombification method. I don't remember it so clearly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_of_the_Living_Dead_Part_II probably
All I remember is a truck with the canisters, kids in a crypt and a Michael Jackson zombie, but none of that stuff happens in part 1

Part one has the split dog and the full frontal punk girl strip :)

e: not that it matters because he should just watch Return 1 and never see pt2 again

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Apr 22, 2008

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Part 2 is worth watching if only for the super meta joke of casting, dressing, and naming two main characters the same despite not surviving the first one. It blows my mind that they did that.

Jack Does Jihad
Jun 18, 2003

Yeah, this is just right. Has a nice feel, too.

OfF KiLTeR posted:

I posted this one in the last Identify a forgotten movie thread... and I never got a response. So I am trying again.

The movie I saw was last seen over 10 years ago from the Martial Arts Section from a local video rental shop. The movie itself is at least 20 years old, and possibly older.

I remember the movie had the name "ninja" in the title, but I cannot remember where in the title it came.

It was a story about several ninjas who were plotting against the Tokugawa government. There were several cheesy effects like people jumping up cliffs (displayed by people jumping off of cliffs backwards.)

There were several introductions that involved a cut-scene and the name of the ninja in question IE: "Sarutobi Sasuke: The Ninja."

I remember the ninjas poisoning a whole army and the army having hallicinations of a flying castle attacking them.

At the end all of the ninjas die, except one who flies away in a meteor after calling the sequence of Rin Pyo To Sha Kai Chin Retsu Zai Zen

I really wanna see this now after reading this. I've been searching based on the stuff you listed, but I can't find anything on it. Is there anything else you can remember about the movie?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

OfF KiLTeR posted:

Any of these titles sound familiar?

I've only watched a few but it'd be amazing if I actually have what you're describing :)

TenTonHammer
Oct 3, 2003
Davidian

ECTO-1 posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_of_the_Living_Dead_Part_II probably
All I remember is a truck with the canisters, kids in a crypt and a Michael Jackson zombie, but none of that stuff happens in part 1

Part one has the split dog and the full frontal punk girl strip :)

e: not that it matters because he should just watch Return 1 and never see pt2 again

It was not a Return movie. I have all of them on dvd, so yep, not them. The kids that end up being zombies in this if I remember correctly were not really zombies like Romero style, they still talked and acted human. The just had wounds and were dead of course. And they were rich kids, drove sports cars and crap. Thats how the wreck supposedly happened that killed them.

OfF KiLTeR
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

ECTO-1 posted:

Any of these titles sound familiar?

I've only watched a few but it'd be amazing if I actually have what you're describing :)

No, there were no American Actors, and I believe the cast was actually Japanese.

Jack Does Jihad posted:

I really wanna see this now after reading this. I've been searching based on the stuff you listed, but I can't find anything on it. Is there anything else you can remember about the movie?

All I can recall is that it was about a group of Ninjas who wanted to overthrow the Tokugawa Government. I remember all of them shouting "Ieyasu! I am here" and they were all in red Samurai armour, and they were all killed. I wish I had more to go on. I don't even have an actors name.

OfF KiLTeR fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Apr 22, 2008

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

OfF KiLTeR posted:

Could this be form the mid sixties or so? I think it's called Ninja Spy.

OfF KiLTeR
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Neo Rasa posted:

Could this be form the mid sixties or so? I think it's called Ninja Spy.

It Could be, but it's in colour and most of the mid 60's ninja stuff I have seen is B&W. It's something similar to that. I just haven't found it.

E:>> I'll take a look and see what I can find. If it's it, you win the Internet! Thank you! If not, I will let it haunt everyone for as long as the Internet has things that are less trivial than Ninja movies on it.

Now... has anyone got a precious copy of this movie to verify.

OfF KiLTeR fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Apr 22, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Okay, so this has been bugging me for a while; hopefully you guys can help me out. I remember seeing a movie fairly recently -- probably not more than five years old. The only thing I can recall is there is a scene where a man and a woman play chess in the nude in a hotel room. The film may be European; I am not sure.

I have been trying to figure this out for a while, help!

Dame Cook
Aug 6, 2006

by I Ozma Myself
Okay, one that I have mentioned in a couple of other threads but had no luck tracking down.

As far as I can remember, it was a Belgian film. The plot was basically a more realistic version of The Running Man, but I don't think it credited Stephen King/Richard Bachman and there's certainly no entry for anything like it against his name on IMDB.

I saw it on UK television maybe ten years ago, and I think it was made in the early 90s.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
It's a long shot, but try looking under films related to The Most Dangerous Game. It's pretty much what The Running Man is without the media/sci-fi twist.

http://us.imdb.com/keyword/most-dangerous-game/

Edit: Oh, and of course check out Series 7 whether it's your film or not because it's a fun film.

Ape Agitator fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Apr 22, 2008

Dame Cook
Aug 6, 2006

by I Ozma Myself
Found it. The Most Dangerous Game keywords didn't help, but getting creative with The Running Man ones did.

It's Le Prix Du Dangeur. French/Yugoslavian, not Belgian, and it actually predates The Running Man. It's also based on a Robert Sheckley novel, rather than the King story.

Cracky
Feb 11, 2007

are you one of those guys who likes big fatties and the big fatties have got big fatty dildos in their nose and they barf and they barf and its so gross.
This may have been an episode of a "Tales From The Crypt"-like series.

I remember a guy being seduced by a woman in several long, boring (but nudity-heavy) scenes, and the shocking finale was, she kept herself young with a machine propelled by a living person.
The person (a man, usually), would spin in place in that machine and, uh, make her younger somehow.
The final shot was a very old guy in a big white beard and wig spinning off through a dark field, trying to make his escape.
For some reason, this frightened me a lot.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I rented on VHS a movie some time in the mid to late 90s. Got it from Le Video in San Francisco, which had its own cult movies section, with loads of obscure stuff, so no idea if this is super-obscure or not.

There was one guy who only ate packets of condiments, and it's about young people in kind of an abandoned urban environment. That's all I remember about it, but I asked my friend and he says

"the guy was a hacker and his "computer" looked like an amiga box without the monitor. when he was using his computer, it added an overlay to his sight so he could walk around while hacking. he gets poisoned at some point and decides to go out with a bang so he buys enough drugs to O.D. on. Apparently the drugs he took cures him of the poison. Uh... Other then that I don't remember too much. I think one of the bad guys had an uzi."

Hopefully he's thinking of the same movie I am. Any ideas?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Leperflesh posted:

I rented on VHS a movie some time in the mid to late 90s. Got it from Le Video in San Francisco, which had its own cult movies section, with loads of obscure stuff, so no idea if this is super-obscure or not.

There was one guy who only ate packets of condiments, and it's about young people in kind of an abandoned urban environment. That's all I remember about it, but I asked my friend and he says

"the guy was a hacker and his "computer" looked like an amiga box without the monitor. when he was using his computer, it added an overlay to his sight so he could walk around while hacking. he gets poisoned at some point and decides to go out with a bang so he buys enough drugs to O.D. on. Apparently the drugs he took cures him of the poison. Uh... Other then that I don't remember too much. I think one of the bad guys had an uzi."

Hopefully he's thinking of the same movie I am. Any ideas?

Your movie sounds like Suburbia (by Penelope Spheeris, not Richard Linklater). But that doesn't fit your friend's description at all.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

Cross-posted from the similar GBS thread:

My girlfriend is yet again on one of her obsessive quests to figure out some movie she can barely remember. And, yet again, I turn to Goons for aid!

Clues:

1. Horror or thriller, from around 2000-2004

2. Possibly has "gate," "devil," or "hell" in the title.

3. Has something to do with a gate leading into a field. Presumably, something happened in the field or something supernatural is going on in the field. Also, there's a scene where the main character, a girl, returns to the field as an adult and sees several trucks parked in the field with men talking there. She enters the field, something happens, and she blacks out.

4. Possibly has a scene where she hides as a young girl and sees her mother/family get murdered. Possibly a scene where the murderers (Two men, my girlfriend says) see the young girl but don't kill her.

This is sort of a mess, but you guys have amazed me plenty of times before. Anyone have any ideas? I didn't elaborate much, but apparently this gate and this field are a major part of the plot of the movie.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

FitFortDanga posted:

Your movie sounds like Suburbia (by Penelope Spheeris, not Richard Linklater). But that doesn't fit your friend's description at all.

No, that's not it. The film I'm thinking of was super-super low budget, and I don't think it could possibly have had a theatrical release beyond maybe some film festival or two. It had a kind of 'hacker' theme to it, but I don't really remember anything about the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Bubbles
Sep 30, 2006
Saw a preview for a movie on a vhs that's 10-20 years old. Woman and her boyfriend are criminals, she gets guys to come back to her room then drugs them and steals their money, but one time she uses too much and he dies and the have to run for it. Took place somewhere sunny, possibly texas or australia. Any ideas?