Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

I'm looking for a song from a bit back that used lots of sampling. Like samples exclusively, and a ton of them. It was pretty long (half hour to an hour) and I distinctly remember a Christina Aguilera song sampled near the beginning of this huge mashup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Turkey
Dec 8, 2007
Alone and a fowl of the law.
I'm desperate to find this song I got way back in the 2002. It was by Seven Nations, the Celtic rock group, or so the tag on Ares said. It was their sound exactly and I've never doubted that it was them, but there's a small chance I was wrong.

Anyway, it was this beautiful piano and fiddle song, not "O'er the Moon". It broke down at the end into an intense drumfest and bagpipes, if I remember correctly. I can even hear it in my head right now. I dug through all their discographies on iTunes, eMusic, Morpheus, Kazaa, Limewire, etc to see if I recognized the name of this one tune so I could buy it, and have come up with bupkis.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Windski
Sep 6, 2005

... am I sayin' MEOW?
What's that slow song from the beginning/end of Platoon?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Kinkify posted:

What's that slow song from the beginning/end of Platoon?

Barber's Adagio for Strings

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Audhumla posted:

I'm looking for a song from a bit back that used lots of sampling. Like samples exclusively, and a ton of them. It was pretty long (half hour to an hour) and I distinctly remember a Christina Aguilera song sampled near the beginning of this huge mashup.

I'm willing to bet you're thinking of "Night Ripper" by Girl Talk

The Saboteur
Dec 25, 2005
My good friend Fink bought me this account for Christmas because he kicks ass.
I wasn't even close, but I found it: Wolf Like Me by TV on the Radio

The Saboteur fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Apr 18, 2008

Dandy J
May 17, 2003

macro machines
I'd like to know what song this is that plays at the end of this sketch (Mad Real World from Chappelle's Show, you've probably seen it.)

http://www.spike.com/video/honda-comedy-central/2795940?sublisting=&sort=&&relatedPage=14&numPerPage=12

It starts at -0:33 remaining, and sorry you might have to watch a commercial before the stream loads.

Andrea Twerkin
Jun 19, 2007

by Peatpot
there's a pop-rock song with a chorus that is something like "in every city that i go". it's a recent song, like it came out in the past year or so. not a famous band at all. i saw the video on youtube and it had the band members holding square green screens in front of them and the whole video was green screen gimmicks.

anyone?

mawrucre
Feb 8, 2004

commonbrick posted:

I heard a song on a rock station today that I think has been around a few years. It features a piano in the beginning and throughout the song. I remember part of the lyrics, maybe the chorus, go something like "come back..." "come back to this..." It vaguely reminds me of Bittersweet Symphony with the singing and melody.

Heard this on the radio today again but wrote down some lyrics. It's Coldplay - Clocks.

Lantern Fish
Sep 16, 2007

by Fistgrrl
I was in the post your phone number thread and a goon phoned me and played "I Am Ironman" it was a cover done in a really jokish/high pitched voice. I can't find it anywhere!

Another song I heard years back on the radio, the only line I can remember was "I guess my head is full of rocks" If I remember correctly it was kind of a punk/rock song I guess.

Help me goons!!!

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

And it's just a little bit of Cretaceous Castle Magic

Lantern Fish posted:

I was in the post your phone number thread and a goon phoned me and played "I Am Ironman" it was a cover done in a really jokish/high pitched voice. I can't find it anywhere!

Are you talking about The Cardigans' cover of Iron Man?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Lantern Fish posted:

That seems to me like it might be the version that was done by Ninetynine - fairly obscure Australian band from a really hard to find CD.

Just pulled a thirty-second sample off it so you can confirm or deny.

(They normally don't let the drummer sing.)

The Deadly Hume fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 20, 2008

prussian advisor
Jan 15, 2007

The day you see a camera come into our courtroom, its going to roll over my dead body.
I occasionally listen to the radio show "This American Life," and they will occasionally use short bits of a piece of classical music that I'm sure I've heard before and that I know is fairly well-known as far as classical music goes, but I cannot for the life of me identify it. They've used it more than once, and I've searched their website and the internet in general to try to find out what it is, but I've had no luck so far.

If you go to their archive and click on the stream button for Episode 349 (Valentine's Day 2008) it will play in the browser. They play the clip multiple times in this episode, but the earliest spot is at around 10:35 ("so after you went to bed, I got out the whiskey and started pouring drinks")--although it's very faint, a lot more faint than it was on the podcast version for some reason. Maybe the sound settings on my computer are screwed up compared to the ones on my ipod; I don't know much of anything about audio, unfortunately.

Edit: Never mind, I finally figured it out. It's Erik Satie's Gnossienne #3.

prussian advisor fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Apr 20, 2008

cheato
Sep 10, 2005

Oh, well of course, everything looks bad if you remember it.
There's some song from the 80s/early 90s, kind of poppy, girl singer perhaps? I remember hearing it a few times when I was younger, and all I know is the chorus melody. These lyrics are close but not exact, else I wouldn't have any trouble finding the song, but they're along the lines of:

"I know what you think...at night...while you're dreaming...
I know where you are...sometimes...while you're sleeping..."

It's been bugging the hell out of me for a while. Really curious what song it is. The melody is pretty distinct too.

Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: poo poo...found it after some lengthy digging- Restless Heart - Tell Me What You Dream. Actually I wasn't too far off on the lyrics, just the first part. That's probably what kept throwing me away from the gold:

"Tell me what you dream, at night, while you're sleeping"
Tell me what you see, at night, in your dreams"

cheato fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 21, 2008

Cinnamon Bastard
Dec 15, 2006

But that totally wasn't my fault. You shouldn't even be able to put the car in gear with the bar open.
Gonna get torn apart for this one, but whatever:

I'm trying to hunt down a piece of music from Batman 1989. It was the background music for the joker's hijacked commercial, and it's one of those really overly happy 1950's commercial scores. You can hear it in this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKFeuBfDTso

I'm trying to find that, or something very close to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Cinnamon Bastard posted:

Gonna get torn apart for this one, but whatever:

I'm trying to hunt down a piece of music from Batman 1989. It was the background music for the joker's hijacked commercial, and it's one of those really overly happy 1950's commercial scores. You can hear it in this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKFeuBfDTso

I'm trying to find that, or something very close to it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure of that exact piece but if you're looking for music that sounds like that you can't go wrong with Esquivel, he basically drew the blueprint for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dts0xWX1Xcw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N71Ky9vWOeU

chocojosh
Jun 9, 2007

D00D.
I just found a youtube video that has this AWESOME power/prog metal song. I really want to know which band it is from to hear more of their stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYgZ5-9H6jQ&feature=related

Can someone please help me out?

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

This is more like "identify an artist" but I was listening to this rap album today at a friend's house and the only thing I can remember about it was that it was non-mainstream rap and that one of the tracks was some kind of Ba'hai chant which was indicated by the track title.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

chocojosh posted:

I just found a youtube video that has this AWESOME power/prog metal song. I really want to know which band it is from to hear more of their stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYgZ5-9H6jQ&feature=related

Can someone please help me out?

according to one of the comments:

quote:

NEW LEGEND By Galneryus

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

The Duke posted:

This is more like "identify an artist" but I was listening to this rap album today at a friend's house and the only thing I can remember about it was that it was non-mainstream rap and that one of the tracks was some kind of Ba'hai chant which was indicated by the track title.

I'm guessing it's Common Market since they're the only ba'hai hip hop group I've ever heard in my life but I suppose there might be more. Check out CM, though, I have a feeling you're thinking of them.

MiraariM
Nov 11, 2005

.sleeh ni ,sdrawkcab ti od nac snaicigaM laeR

RapHandz posted:

Is it "Baby, Baby" by Amy Grant?

If it is, I'm really sorry, man.

It's really, really not. Male vocalist, the video may have had a theater in it.

Spider Crusoe
Jan 30, 2005

What song is the beginning of "Indie Rokkers" by MGMT reminding me of? I know I've heard something recently that had the same sort of electric guitar sound and build-up fading in.

Spider Crusoe fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Apr 23, 2008

Artline70
Apr 23, 2008

Spider Crusoe posted:

What song is the beginning of "Indie Rokkers" by MGMT reminding me of? I know I've heard something recently that had the same sort of electric guitar sound and build-up fading in.

It kinda reminds me of Bloc Party's Flux.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsIMTwVaGyw

edit: Also, I am looking for a song I heard a couple of years ago - an acoustic cover of "You're so vain", done by a dude. any ideas?

Artline70 fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Apr 24, 2008

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
The Feeling covered You're So Vain. It was on the Radio One Established 1967 compilation.

Spider Crusoe
Jan 30, 2005

Artline70 posted:

It kinda reminds me of Bloc Party's Flux.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsIMTwVaGyw
Nope, it's not. Thanks, though.

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.
It's a longshot since it's instrumental, but does anyone know what the background music for this is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw7LxvhM_bo&feature=related

Lantern Fish
Sep 16, 2007

by Fistgrrl
Sorry it took me so long to get back here

Velocirocktor posted:

Are you talking about The Cardigans' cover of Iron Man?

No it's not that one, that songs tempo seems very slow btu the one i'm looking for has the same tempo as the original, but thank you for your help :)

The Deadly Hume posted:

That seems to me like it might be the version that was done by Ninetynine - fairly obscure Australian band from a really hard to find CD.

Just pulled a thirty-second sample off it so you can confirm or deny.

(They normally don't let the drummer sing.)

It sounds very similar to that, but the voice is much more...uhm squeaky I guess? Any idea?

Dr. Citan Uzuki
Jan 26, 2006

I would never tell you anything that wasn't absolutely true that hadn't come right from His mouth and He wants me to tell you
This is a bit of a hard one, but we'll see if anyone can help me out. The video was popular last year.

In it, there was a girl wearing a leather jacket standing around in a club where the band is playing, a guy walks in and looks at her, then walks out. The band plays. The singer is pretty screamy and whiny but with a beard and longish hair. Oh, and the bassist in the band is a girl if that helps.

The only thing I can really remember from the song is the guitar riff, which doesn't help when googling :( It seemed like a pretty "indie" song or whatever, and I vaguely recall a word like "strawberry" or "sunshine" in either the band or the title? But that could be wrong...

VV EDIT: Ah, I loving love you, so much.

Dr. Citan Uzuki fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Apr 25, 2008

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Lantern Fish posted:

It sounds very similar to that, but the voice is much more...uhm squeaky I guess? Any idea?
It might be a different version, they did it for some indie Black Sabbath tribute album (which is where said Goon might've gotten it) and then rerecorded it for their own collection, which is the version I put up.

tokyosexwale
Jan 27, 2008
Damnit I now this is a real longshot. I heard a song on the radio on our campus shuttle and now it's stuck in my head.

It had a pop-rock new punk rock sound to it with male vocals and had a chorus that constantly repeated "I don't wanna be alone, I don't wanna be alone." That's all I got.

EDIT: After some Google lyric searching I'm pretty sure I'm not confusing it with Good Charlotte's Dance Floor Anthem or that it was R&B.

tokyosexwale fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Apr 25, 2008

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

tokyosexwale posted:

Damnit I now this is a real longshot. I heard a song on the radio on our campus shuttle and now it's stuck in my head.

It had a pop-rock new punk rock sound to it with male vocals and had a chorus that constantly repeated "I don't wanna be alone, I don't wanna be alone." That's all I got.

EDIT: After some Google lyric searching I'm pretty sure I'm not confusing it with Good Charlotte's Dance Floor Anthem or that it was R&B.

Are you sure, because it seriously sounds like Dance Floor Anthem. That was immediately the first thing I thought of. I'd recommend you skip to about 52 seconds into this video and make sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPEsPy6s908

Switzerland
Feb 18, 2005
Do what thou must do.
2 songs/videos i've been looking for for a while:

1) Video was played in Europe (MTV UK/German VIVA) about 7-8 years ago, some kinda cheesy dance track, plot was something like this:

Dude who was obviously out all night (hangover from hell) comes into the office, everybody staring at him (open plan office), ... sits down at his desk, does some work. Knocks over something, bends down to pick it up, while down there looks up and the view from under his desk is of the club he was at the night before. He looks up again, he's back in his dull office.

Then he's late for some meeting, goes into the conference room and the woman in charge of the meeting is the chick he danced with the night before. Note: Someone else I asked about this track mentioned it sounds like a Bacardi ad that used to run during that timeframe (around 1999-2001), but I'm 100% sure it was a music video.

2) Video featured an asian girl in a black bikini, stepping into/climbing out of a puddle, tho that's all I got. I think it was a german producer, and they only had 2 succesful videos (with the asian bikini girl/puddle motif)

Anyone know these two songs?

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Switzerland posted:

1) Video was played in Europe (MTV UK/German VIVA) about 7-8 years ago, some kinda cheesy dance track, plot was something like this:

Dude who was obviously out all night (hangover from hell) comes into the office, everybody staring at him (open plan office), ... sits down at his desk, does some work. Knocks over something, bends down to pick it up, while down there looks up and the view from under his desk is of the club he was at the night before. He looks up again, he's back in his dull office.

Then he's late for some meeting, goes into the conference room and the woman in charge of the meeting is the chick he danced with the night before. Note: Someone else I asked about this track mentioned it sounds like a Bacardi ad that used to run during that timeframe (around 1999-2001), but I'm 100% sure it was a music video.

Dude, that WAS a bacardi commercial

I mean, perhaps somebody flushed the concept out into an entire music video, but I distinctly remember the ad, it had some obnoxious Oakenfold-ish trance in the background.

isokarhu
Apr 20, 2006

Salmonella is so cute!
So I had a friend send me three instrumental, trance-like songs about a year or two ago. He didn't tell me what album they were from, just that it had "trance" in the name (perhaps). Here's a link to the first track (my own hosting):

The Song

Anyone have any idea what song this is or what album it is from? I also have the 13th and 2nd track off the same album, if someone wants to hear those to confirm an album or something. Both the other tracks also have no lyrics.

(Ignore the album tag info, thats the name of the guy I got it from. It IS track 1 on whatever album it is from.)

isokarhu fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Apr 25, 2008

Piggycow
Jun 27, 2007
This should be easy considering I can link you to the song...

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1812958

Normally I could find it easily but that doesn't sound like English to me so my google skills are useless
Someone in the comments mentioned Dream Theater but I scanned Youtube and couldn't find that specific one

DenverMax
Oct 22, 2005

Black Cloud
A while ago I was linked to this video here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AFk3vncVGns

I know the first song, but for the life of me cannot find the second classical piece. I sent the guy a message asking for it but never got a response. After having so many people ask for it he finally posted a comment that says

quote:

second song is addagio for space you find it on " la planete bleue" compilation from yves blanc ...

I've googled the hell out of all of these terms but cannot find this song or any way to obtain it.

Any thoughts?

Spider Crusoe
Jan 30, 2005

DenverMax posted:

A while ago I was linked to this video here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AFk3vncVGns

I know the first song, but for the life of me cannot find the second classical piece. I sent the guy a message asking for it but never got a response. After having so many people ask for it he finally posted a comment that says

I've googled the hell out of all of these terms but cannot find this song or any way to obtain it.

Any thoughts?
I found out that La Plančte Bleue is a French radio show, and Yves Blanc is a DJ there. There are four CDs, but I didn't see the name of the song you're looking for listed on them. I also don't see any way of purchasing them.

Spider Crusoe fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Apr 26, 2008

Kallun
Mar 29, 2006

Do you like Huey Lewis and the news?
First off, I'm not sure how much of this I'm remembering correctly. A few months ago I was linked to a stylistically animated music video. It was a rap song done buy a 14ish kid who, in the context of the song, was rapping about the fact he died do the choices he made and how he regrets leaving his friends. That sounds gayer then it actually was. I think. The only other things I remember is that the video was in a sort of ink style, and that there was an agent character who's name was a Quintin Tarantino reference. Thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quizilla
May 31, 2005
huge slut

Kallun posted:

First off, I'm not sure how much of this I'm remembering correctly. A few months ago I was linked to a stylistically animated music video. It was a rap song done buy a 14ish kid who, in the context of the song, was rapping about the fact he died do the choices he made and how he regrets leaving his friends. That sounds gayer then it actually was. I think. The only other things I remember is that the video was in a sort of ink style, and that there was an agent character who's name was a Quintin Tarantino reference. Thanks in advance.
This here maybe?