Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eskimaux
Jun 28, 2007
Ok this is a longshot, but i've been looking forever.

Through the Looking Glass, as in the sequel (or part of, I'm not sure) to Alice in wonderland.
When seen: Late 80s-Early 90s
What Format: Taped VHS, Animated

Ok so this is a film I used to watch a lot when I was little. I remember it being called "Through the Looking Glass", but for the life of me cannot find a film that actually looks like it. I don't know whether it was a TV movie or one released in cinemas.

Bits I remember: The girl running, but not getting anywhere, she had to run backwards to run forwards. Being on a train, where the ticket inspector was a giraffe (i think) and the passengers were animals. A sad crying knight, and a lion and unicorn going hand in hand through a village. Also a jabberwocky creature sitting on a wall (might have been humpty dumpty).

The feel of the whole film as I remember was very dark, like it was always night, but that could just be me misremembering it. This film really hosed up my imagination, I'd love to see it again. Cheers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodney Munch
May 4, 2006

IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT MY GENES HATE HOMOSEXUALS
I'm thinking of a movie from the early 90's with this big white guy. I think hes bald and might have a goatee.

At one point he picks up some hot chick (possibly a stripper) and starts bench pressing her in front of a bunch of people so he can show off how strong he is. I'm thinking the dude might be a bouncer (at the strip club?) or maybe a body guard for some crime boss, or maybe just some random mafia thug type guy. I'm 90% sure hes one of the bad guys though. I have no idea who plays the good guy in the movie.

I think there might also be some strange part where he refuses to eat food with a fork because "its made of metal" and he "hates metal", so instead he must eat everything with chopsticks or his hands or something. I know that sounds pretty retarded so I'm guessing I left out some details here, but hopefully its enough info to guess by.

Jack Does Jihad
Jun 18, 2003

Yeah, this is just right. Has a nice feel, too.

OfF KiLTeR posted:

Now... has anyone got a precious copy of this movie to verify.

The IMDB page lists the main character as Sarutobi Sasuke, so I assume it is. From descriptions I came across, he has some mildly supernatural powers so that may cover some of the goofier poo poo you remember in the movie.

"Ninja Spy" or it's alt name "Sarutobi Sasuke" aren't on any DVD or VHS I can find that's currently in print. It's not on ebay, amazon, or any page I googled. I'd just assume the movie you're looking for is infact "Ninja Spy".

eskimaux posted:

Through the Looking Glass, as in the sequel (or part of, I'm not sure) to Alice in wonderland.
When seen: Late 80s-Early 90s
What Format: Taped VHS, Animated

It's not this is it?: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101294/

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Rodney Munch posted:

I'm thinking of a movie from the early 90's with this big white guy. I think hes bald and might have a goatee.

This is the remake of Kiss of Death and the big white guy is Nicolas Cage!
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0113552/

Ape Agitator fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Apr 24, 2008

Orientek
Nov 26, 2003
Durianmunchinks
I have a couple of movies floating in some corner of my mind that I can't exactly remember and its driving me nuts when I think of them. :(

First:
I caught this show at a theatre back in 2000 (late 90's to early 00's). Set in a school or university of some kind, set in winter or it had lots of snow. Some plot twists with murder and stuff. Movie's name or poster had something to do with spiders or webs.

Second:
Also at a theatre in the early 2000's. Set in some preppy OC-esque place. Plot twists with murders and stuff as well. Ending was a thrilling scene in some run-down lighthouse or something like that.

Bonus:
This one is the most vague of the lot. Watched it as an inflight movie back in June '97 (they were showing Fargo on that flight as well, so probably around the same timeframe). Graphic lesbian scene, some shot with a car after that scene. Thats all I can remember from it.

Orientek fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 24, 2008

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Orientek posted:

Second:
Also at a theatre in the early 2000's. Set in some preppy OC-esque place. Plot twists with murders and stuff as well. Ending was a thrilling scene in some run-down lighthouse or something like that.

Bonus:
This one is the most vague of the lot. Watched it as an inflight movie back in June '97 (they were showing Fargo on that flight as well, so probably around the same timeframe). Graphic lesbian scene, some shot with a car after that scene. Thats all I can remember from it.

I have no idea why but I was thinking perhaps Dead Man's Curve
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0123034/

And mid-90s lesbian scene is pretty likely Bound (and fun movie in its own right) but I want to know who your airline carrier is because the only inflight movies I get are Jingle All the Way. :(

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Orientek posted:

Second:

Murder by Numbers? (terrible movie)

Orientek posted:

What the hell kind of airline is showing Fargo and graphic lesbian scenes for their inflight movies?

Orientek
Nov 26, 2003
Durianmunchinks

Ape Agitator posted:

I have no idea why but I was thinking perhaps Dead Man's Curve
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0123034/

And mid-90s lesbian scene is pretty likely Bound (and fun movie in its own right) but I want to know who your airline carrier is because the only inflight movies I get are Jingle All the Way. :(

I think these 2 films do fit the bill but I can't be 100% sure. Either way, thanks. :)

The titles aren't ringing any bells but the somehow the character's name from Bound seem vaguely correct (What the hell kind of name is Corky anyway?). I was only 13 when I sneaked a few minutes of that movie in here and there during a flight from Singapore to LA on Singapore Airlines (which adds to the mystery since the show was apparently banned in Singapore according to IMDB).

FitFortDanga posted:

Murder by Numbers? (terrible movie)

What the hell kind of airline is showing Fargo and graphic lesbian scenes for their inflight movies?

Doesn't seem to be Murder by Numbers, most likely Dead Man's Curve.

Just recalled a few more details about the first movie as well. Title might have had the word "Crimson" in it and the characters in the show were snowed in and unable to leave the school/compound.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Orientek posted:

Just recalled a few more details about the first movie as well. Title might have had the word "Crimson" in it and the characters in the show were snowed in and unable to leave the school/compound.

Well, The Crimson Rivers is set in a university town in the snowy French Alps and features murders and twists. It's also a French film, though.

mark-p87
Sep 27, 2006
Really Dystopian Rhetoric
Please god someone help me out here. I saw a film not too long ago, possibly at the cinema, possibly on TV, where there is some sort of fight/showdown/confrontation, and at some point there is a closeup of one of the characters trying to force a knife/sword into the other's mouth.

All I can remember is that the knife/sword grinds off the guy's teeth on it's way in, then I think he is saved at the last minute somehow.

Not being able to remember the film is driving me insane, please help!

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

dogydemoc posted:

Please god someone help me out here. I saw a film not too long ago, possibly at the cinema, possibly on TV, where there is some sort of fight/showdown/confrontation, and at some point there is a closeup of one of the characters trying to force a knife/sword into the other's mouth.

All I can remember is that the knife/sword grinds off the guy's teeth on it's way in, then I think he is saved at the last minute somehow.

There's a scene exactly like that at the end of Dog Soldiers:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0280609/

mark-p87
Sep 27, 2006
Really Dystopian Rhetoric

zombieman posted:

There's a scene exactly like that at the end of Dog Soldiers:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0280609/

YES! That's it thankyou, I watched it on dvd a few months back. :)

Deadman63
Apr 16, 2005

dogydemoc posted:

I've seen that movie but never would've guessed it from that description. Now if you had've said "one of the guys was a werewolf" it probably would've helped...

I posted this in the thread in GBS, but no-one answered. I'd be forever grateful if someone here knew it. It's a low-budget horror movie from the 80's, and contains the following scenes:

- Crazy Guy leaps off the top of a building and lands the "splash" wrestling move on a guy on the ground
- CG gets hassled by teens when driving, then rams their truck and one of them falls off, his shirt chaning from red to blue and clearly turning into a dummy during this
- CG stalks a movie set looking for an actress (this is the main plot of the movie)
- CG kills a rattlesnake with his bare hands, ripping part of it out with his teeth
- CG kills a crewman, then uses his body as a pillow (literally)
- there's also a subplot about the movie financing that isn't near as funny as the rest of the stuff happening

I want to say it has the word "highway" in the title, but I could be way off.

emuly
Jan 9, 2008

Okay, here's one that I remember seeing on TV when I was about three years old (15 years or so ago.)

The movie in question seemed to have all the traits of your typical Japanese-monster/Godzilla-type film, though I don't recall if the movie was actually made in Asia or not. Anyway, the movie had two gigantic monsters. There was a red one and a green one. They both walked upright and had fairly human forms. The green monster was the bad one and he ate people. I seem to remember him taking a woman out of a window, or off some fire escape stairs, and eating her. He was dark green and kind of fuzzy if I remember correctly, kind of like a muppet. The red monster was the good monster and I think its hair kind of looked like Wolverine's from X-men.

Oh, and here's a real challenge.

There was another movie that I remember seeing around this time. The only things I remember about the film is that it--or at least parts of it--took place underwater, and there was--I think it was some sort of sea-snail--that kept getting bigger and bigger. The image of one of those old-fashioned divers, like the kind you see floating around in fish tanks (with the heavy metal helmets) seems to stick in my mind too. I'm not sure about this, but I think the diver guy was attacked or eaten by the giant snail thing.

I've been asking everyone about these movies for as long as I can remember, and they all just look at me like I'm crazy--It'd be awesome if someone knew what I was talking about!

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

emuly posted:

There was another movie that I remember seeing around this time. The only things I remember about the film is that it--or at least parts of it--took place underwater, and there was--I think it was some sort of sea-snail--that kept getting bigger and bigger. The image of one of those old-fashioned divers, like the kind you see floating around in fish tanks (with the heavy metal helmets) seems to stick in my mind too. I'm not sure about this, but I think the diver guy was attacked or eaten by the giant snail thing.

Rather left field and a hail mary at the same time (whoa mixed metaphors) but what about Fantastic Voyage?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HQzvy0iClZk&feature=related
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0060397/

Jack Does Jihad
Jun 18, 2003

emuly posted:

Okay, here's one that I remember seeing on TV when I was about three years old (15 years or so ago.)

The movie in question seemed to have all the traits of your typical Japanese-monster/Godzilla-type film, though I don't recall if the movie was actually made in Asia or not. Anyway, the movie had two gigantic monsters. There was a red one and a green one. They both walked upright and had fairly human forms. The green monster was the bad one and he ate people. I seem to remember him taking a woman out of a window, or off some fire escape stairs, and eating her. He was dark green and kind of fuzzy if I remember correctly, kind of like a muppet. The red monster was the good monster and I think its hair kind of looked like Wolverine's from X-men.

War of the Gargantuas? Doesn't have anything with Wolverine hair but it came to mind. If it isn't that, try Frankenstein Conquers The World. It has a monster that had mildly pointy ears which you may remember as hair.

Rodney Munch
May 4, 2006

IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT MY GENES HATE HOMOSEXUALS

Ape Agitator posted:

This is the remake of Kiss of Death and the big white guy is Nicolas Cage!
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0113552/

Oh poo poo, I had no idea that was Nick Cage. I thought it might be like Keven Nash from WWF or something.

Wait... is this also the movie where Miss Veronica Vaughn from Billy Madison gets naked? I swear to got she got naked in a movie once but none of my friends believe me.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

Reposting this because it's bugging the poo poo out of me:

All I've seen from this movie is this one scene every now and then on television, but I've seen it a handful of times. Some guy is leaving some place, either a hospital or a jail, and he goes off to jack off in some bushes. Some kid sees this, and replies "Wow! You're Spiderman!" or something to that effect. Any ideas?

It could easily be some well-known movie, and it's totally possible I actually know what it is but am just not able to connect this scene to it.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Movie is ~3 - 5 years old.
Probably later letters of the alphabet (based on where it was in relation to other movies in the store).

Couple about to get married - but decide to have a short break right before to see other people.

Anyone know what it is?

witz
Sep 28, 2001

Start winning some games or he'll kill you

Rodney Munch posted:

Wait... is this also the movie where Miss Veronica Vaughn from Billy Madison gets naked? I swear to got she got naked in a movie once but none of my friends believe me.
The Real Blonde

DE312
Dec 26, 2007
I dont need a girlfriend, the Navy fucks me every day.
I remember a movie...

I was young...

Anyway :P

There was this movie, sometime in the 90's... The main character was a Tom Cruise or Van Dam, Im not sure.

The main character was an injured secret agent or something, and he was out into a secret 'resort' where there were a ton of retired agents. And he would have to check in during the day in his room to confirm he was still there, he needed to do a thumb print on some electronic thing in his room.

He ended up wanting to break out for revenge or something on whoever put him there. So theres a whole getting strong montage. Then he cuts off one of his fingers (sorta) and riggs it to do the thumb scan when its attendance time.

He then proceeds to break out and the movie continues.

Anyone have any idea what im rambling on about?

Malmanous
Mar 28, 2008

DE312 posted:

I remember a movie...

I was young...

Anyway :P

There was this movie, sometime in the 90's... The main character was a Tom Cruise or Van Dam, Im not sure.

The main character was an injured secret agent or something, and he was out into a secret 'resort' where there were a ton of retired agents. And he would have to check in during the day in his room to confirm he was still there, he needed to do a thumb print on some electronic thing in his room.

He ended up wanting to break out for revenge or something on whoever put him there. So theres a whole getting strong montage. Then he cuts off one of his fingers (sorta) and riggs it to do the thumb scan when its attendance time.

He then proceeds to break out and the movie continues.

Anyone have any idea what im rambling on about?

Sounds like Double Team starring Jean-Claude Van Damme and Dennis Rodman of all people
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119013/

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
An old movie, probably from the 30s or 40s, that I saw in a "Women in Film" class a couple years ago; it's probably not obscure among movies of that era, but I totally can't think of the title or star. As I recall, it was about a middle-aged woman who was really dowdy-looking who got a makeover for some reason (I think she might have been put in some kind of sanitarium after a breakdown?) and she went on a tropical cruise and met an awesome guy, and then came back to her home and a whole lot of other stuff happened, including, I think, some kind of subplot that involved a younger woman and a guy and a train. That last part may be wrong, though.

Horseface
Jun 29, 2003

Please put your hands together for Homosexuals the Gorilla!

Propaniac posted:

An old movie, probably from the 30s or 40s, that I saw in a "Women in Film" class a couple years ago; it's probably not obscure among movies of that era, but I totally can't think of the title or star. As I recall, it was about a middle-aged woman who was really dowdy-looking who got a makeover for some reason (I think she might have been put in some kind of sanitarium after a breakdown?) and she went on a tropical cruise and met an awesome guy, and then came back to her home and a whole lot of other stuff happened, including, I think, some kind of subplot that involved a younger woman and a guy and a train. That last part may be wrong, though.

Now, Voyager.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007
One of those movies that I'm pretty sure has a one word name, and from what I recall seems pretty Australian.

From what I recall, the basic setup was that a hot aspiring actress's parents die, so a sleazy producer drives her out to the small town to settle her affairs in an attempt to get into her pants. At which point aliens show up, start zombifing dead people, the sleazy producer gets zombified and the hot actress takes shelter in a crazy badass survivalist's house along with a couple of crazy rookie cops going on Zombie movie power trip. And how do we know the crazy survivalist is a badass? Because, while out on a fishing trip back in the day, the other guy on the boat got attacked by zombie fish, and he just kept punching the zombie fish away, then stockpiled his house for the coming of the zombie/alien apocalypse.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Apr 28, 2008

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Undead, which was trying really really hard. It gets some points for that.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0339840/

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice

Horseface posted:

Now, Voyager.

God, THANK you.

Circusmacabre
Sep 3, 2006
Belle Marie Antoinette "Love the pearls!" They'll make a great tourniquet.
This might be a bit difficult because I'm looking for a film that they were playing in the background of a club so I couldn't even hear sound. The DJ didn't know what it was because someone else put it on too.

It was a horror film, kind of loiw budget 80s but the effects were really good. The monsters were mummies I think, looked like skeletons with flesh on them; one of them had massive hair and there was another, smaller one that looked like it might have been its kid or something? There were quite a lot of closeups on their faces and they were attacking people in a hospital or research facility. One of the women was quite old with short grey hair and it attacked her and there was green slime all over her face. There was a young guy with blonde hair and a big jaw who looked like a terrible actor and he had a really big gun that looked like a machine gun or something. When the mummies/zombies died they melted into the floor. Oh and there was a air duct chase bit.

Me and my friends were fascinated with it while we were waiting for other people, it looked terrible and awesome at the same time.

Jack Does Jihad
Jun 18, 2003

Circusmacabre posted:

This might be a bit difficult because I'm looking for a film that they were playing in the background of a club so I couldn't even hear sound. The DJ didn't know what it was because someone else put it on too.

It was a horror film, kind of loiw budget 80s but the effects were really good. The monsters were mummies I think, looked like skeletons with flesh on them; one of them had massive hair and there was another, smaller one that looked like it might have been its kid or something? There were quite a lot of closeups on their faces and they were attacking people in a hospital or research facility. One of the women was quite old with short grey hair and it attacked her and there was green slime all over her face. There was a young guy with blonde hair and a big jaw who looked like a terrible actor and he had a really big gun that looked like a machine gun or something. When the mummies/zombies died they melted into the floor. Oh and there was a air duct chase bit.

Me and my friends were fascinated with it while we were waiting for other people, it looked terrible and awesome at the same time.

Haha, was it this guy?:

I heard "big jaw" and he immediately sprang to mind. If that's him, his name is Robert Z'Dar and his entire filmography is low budget horror movies. I skimmed some entries but didn't see any mummies or zombies.

Circusmacabre
Sep 3, 2006
Belle Marie Antoinette "Love the pearls!" They'll make a great tourniquet.
Haha nah he was younger and more Bruce Campbell big jaw and he was blonde; not quite that scary. Is that plastic sugery?

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Circusmacabre posted:

Is that plastic sugery?

His mother had sex with a catcher's mitt.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Thread's up to 45 pages, I hope this one is obscure enough to not have been asked for already.

It's a sci-fi horror film wherein a bunch of scientists (?) find a rock floating in space. For some reason or other they start drilling it, I think it was for precious metals. Either way they drill to the core of it and find a really hard wall they can't penetrate. Inside of it is a monster who starts killing the humans off one by one.
In one memorable scene a girl tries to shoot the monster with a gun that fires an automated drill but shoots herself in the head instead, with the drill boring into her brain.

In the end, the survivors fly away and blow the whole thing up, and I distinctly remember one of them saying "it's your baby" in response to being asked if s/he wanted to push the button.

It's probably from the 90s and I saw it on TV. No idea whether it was a VHS-only release or if it actually showed in cinemas.

Opal fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Apr 29, 2008

Pingu
Jul 10, 2001
Begins with someone fortifying some sort of super computer in a great vault or mountain. Then the computer gradually begins to take control of everyones life on earth. I think the story revolved around how to shut it down. I remember the evil computer having cameras everywhere and could communicate by voice.

Any ideas?

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Pingu posted:

Begins with someone fortifying some sort of super computer in a great vault or mountain. Then the computer gradually begins to take control of everyones life on earth. I think the story revolved around how to shut it down. I remember the evil computer having cameras everywhere and could communicate by voice.

Any ideas?

Possibly Colossus: The Forbin Project? They used to show it all the time on Scifi Channel, if that helps.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

Mirick posted:

Thread's up to 45 pages, I hope this one is obscure enough to not have been asked for already.

It's a sci-fi horror film wherein a bunch of scientists (?) find a rock floating in space. For some reason or other they start drilling it, I think it was for precious metals. Either way they drill to the core of it and find a really hard wall they can't penetrate. Inside of it is a monster who starts killing the humans off one by one.
In one memorable scene a girl tries to shoot the monster with a gun that fires an automated drill but shoots herself in the head instead, with the drill boring into her brain.

In the end, the survivors fly away and blow the whole thing up, and I distinctly remember one of them saying "it's your baby" in response to being asked if s/he wanted to push the button.

It's probably from the 90s and I saw it on TV. No idea whether it was a VHS-only release or if it actually showed in cinemas.

Is it Within the Rock

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

KiwiKiwi posted:

Is it Within the Rock

loving yes! Thanks so much!

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

Peaches seven posted:

The movie that I can't remember is a kids movie I saw sometime in the 90's (when I was still a kid, obviously). It was about this frog who is orphaned when his mom, dad, and tadpole brothers and sisters are eaten by something, it was pretty horrific...Then he does something, meets some frog chick with really long legs...then I think her uncle is some kind of evil mobster guy who kills people, including her parents. The last scene I remember is the chick frog hugging her uncle because he killed her parents...I think. Does anyone remember this movie?

Was this an animated film? It could be The Brave Frog, a pieced-together movie version of a '70s Japanese TV series. Here's the opening. Look familiar?

Iznogood
Jul 10, 2001

I got one! I keep looking up imdb and google for it and can never find anything. I watched it years ago on tv. It was a vietnam movie about two guys (black dude and white dude) and I have no idea what went on. But in the end they cant catch a chopper and it is implied that they die (both run in a river trying desperatly to catch there way out). I was 100% sure it was called "too young to die" but thats obviously not it.

Help?

Jack Does Jihad
Jun 18, 2003

Iznogood posted:

I got one! I keep looking up imdb and google for it and can never find anything. I watched it years ago on tv. It was a vietnam movie about two guys (black dude and white dude) and I have no idea what went on. But in the end they cant catch a chopper and it is implied that they die (both run in a river trying desperatly to catch there way out). I was 100% sure it was called "too young to die" but thats obviously not it.

Help?

It was either Bat*21 or Flight of the Intruder, I'm guessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

Welcome to the Free City of Newark

Circusmacabre posted:

The Boneyard?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101497/plotsummary

EDIT: Holy poo poo, IMDB has videos now?

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2676949273/

IGotDConch fucked around with this message at 07:45 on May 5, 2008