Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iznogood
Jul 10, 2001

Jack Does Jihad posted:

It was either Bat*21 or Flight of the Intruder, I'm guessing.

Nope not it! They where young guys and just regular GI's. The very last shot of the movie is them running away from viets and a single elicopter unable to rescue them. Pretty sure it was not a big budget thing but it was more of a true story feal to it then rambo or iron eagle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pingu
Jul 10, 2001

Glass Joe posted:

Possibly Colossus: The Forbin Project? They used to show it all the time on Scifi Channel, if that helps.

Thank you Sir! : )

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
There's some animated movie, maybe a Pixar movie, where there are two creatures talking to one another. One is rambling on and on and the other is just saying in a frustrated/patronizing way "No, no no no no. No no no no no no". I just had that pop into my head and I have no idea what movie it's from

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Riptor posted:

There's some animated movie, maybe a Pixar movie, where there are two creatures talking to one another. One is rambling on and on and the other is just saying in a frustrated/patronizing way "No, no no no no. No no no no no no". I just had that pop into my head and I have no idea what movie it's from

It sounds like something from Monsters Inc, or possibly the short Mike's New Car. Been a while since I've seen either though.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

FitFortDanga posted:

It sounds like something from Monsters Inc, or possibly the short Mike's New Car. Been a while since I've seen either though.

Yeah, Monsters Inc sounds reasonable. Maybe A Bug's Life or Finding Nemo though.

Jul 11, 2003

by astral
Some movie about kids who go up to Canada from the US, and one of them wants to smuggle drugs across.

Internet Gentleman
Mar 17, 2006

I'm so happy to be here.

nacho posted:

Some movie about kids who go up to Canada from the US, and one of them wants to smuggle drugs across.

Crossing the Bridge
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104030/

Circusmacabre
Sep 3, 2006
Belle Marie Antoinette "Love the pearls!" They'll make a great tourniquet.

IGotDConch posted:

The Boneyard?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101497/plotsummary

EDIT: Holy poo poo, IMDB has videos now?

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi2676949273/

Thank you! Just ordered it off HMV so I can watch it with sound this time; that was definitely it, videos on imdb are a pretty good idea it seems.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Circusmacabre posted:

Thank you! Just ordered it off HMV so I can watch it with sound this time; that was definitely it, videos on imdb are a pretty good idea it seems.

You're in for a treat. One of my favorite grade Z movies ever. I'm kicking myself for not making the connection when you posted your plot points.

Wet Tie Affair
May 8, 2008

P-I-Z-Z-A

I have one that I've been trying to find the name of for a while. It was probably from the early 90's, and was set in the 30's. From what I remember of the plot, the first part was about a father with two sons, and he had to leave the older boy at home while he took a job in another city. He left his son with nothing but a quarter, and he soon ran out of food. I remember a scene where the boy becomes desperate enough to eat pictures of food out of a magazine, and he gets lead poisoning and he ends up hallucinating and writhing on the floor in pain.

This may or may not be a separate movie, but I think it comes from the same one: Later in the movie the father comes back and takes his sons back to his mother's house. The father's other siblings are there as well. The father's mother is exceedingly crotchety, and she had apparently beat one of her daughter's until she was mildly retarded.

I've looked on imdb off and on for years but haven't been able to come up with the title.

pastis
Aug 1, 2004

Ouzo is for louzos
I have one that's driving me batty and even with what I'd consider solid keywords, I'm having no luck on google. I watched this movie in the mid 80s on cable. I think it was a made-for-tv movie, but that's just my gut feeling. I also kinda remember that one of my friend's parents taped it and gave it to my mom for me to see, even though I had already seen it on tv.

Our story:

There's a family going on a trip somewhere that requires driving through the wilderness. From what I remember, it looked like the Cascade mountains, or somewhere else in the Pacific Northwest, Canada, or a snowless part of Alaska. The parents are in the front of a station wagon and there are three or four kids in the back, one of which is asleep. The awake kids tie the shoelaces together of the sleeping one.

Anyway, something happens right about then and there's a single car crash. The child whose shoelaces are tied together can't get out of the car and the entire family (minus one boy) attempts to get him or her out. The car explodes, goes down a cliff, or something else tragic and the young boy (8 - 12?) ends up alone in the wilderness.

He wanders around in the woods/mountains and eventually meets up with some old man with a walking stick. The mountaineer doesn't want anything to do with the boy, but he ends up mentoring him, helping him survive in the wilderness, and I guess teaching him about life and nature. I have no idea how much time they spend together (it could have been days, weeks, or years), but the old man eventually dies either accidentally or by natural causes. The boy has learned about life and death now, matured far beyond his age, and gives the old man a simple burial under a pile of stones. I think he takes his walking stick as a memento of sorts. I have no idea why I remember the walking stick so vividly but I think it was important to the plot in some fashion.

Does anyone remember this one? The shoelace bit sounds a great deal like a tv horror movie called "Don't Go To Sleep," but this movie was definitely not a ghost story.

------

Pretty sure I just found it. I was combining two movies into one. The shoelace bit was indeed "Don't Go to Sleep." The wilderness survival bit appears to be "The Earthling" with William Holden and Ricky Schroder. Oh my.

pastis fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 8, 2008

Erasmus Darwin
Mar 6, 2001

pastis posted:

Anyway, something happens right about then and there's a single car crash. The child whose shoelaces are tied together can't get out of the car and the entire family (minus one boy) attempts to get him or her out. The car explodes, goes down a cliff, or something else tragic and the young boy (8 - 12?) ends up alone in the wilderness.

He wanders around in the woods/mountains and eventually meets up with some old man with a walking stick.

I suspect it's The Earthling, though I haven't seen it. It at least fits with having a car crash, an orphaned kid, and a walking stick-carrying mountain man taking care of him, though I'm not sure about the other details.

IGotDConch
May 16, 2006

Welcome to the Free City of Newark

Wet Tie Affair posted:

I have one that I've been trying to find the name of for a while. It was probably from the early 90's, and was set in the 30's. From what I remember of the plot, the first part was about a father with two sons, and he had to leave the older boy at home while he took a job in another city. He left his son with nothing but a quarter, and he soon ran out of food. I remember a scene where the boy becomes desperate enough to eat pictures of food out of a magazine, and he gets lead poisoning and he ends up hallucinating and writhing on the floor in pain.

This may or may not be a separate movie, but I think it comes from the same one: Later in the movie the father comes back and takes his sons back to his mother's house. The father's other siblings are there as well. The father's mother is exceedingly crotchety, and she had apparently beat one of her daughter's until she was mildly retarded.

I've looked on imdb off and on for years but haven't been able to come up with the title.

That's not "Lost in Yonkers" is it?

Wet Tie Affair
May 8, 2008

P-I-Z-Z-A

IGotDConch posted:

That's not "Lost in Yonkers" is it?

Thanks, I'm pretty sure that's it. It's partially described as a comedy on imdb, but I suppose the subtle humor of child abuse was lost on my 9-year-old self.

SoulChicken
Sep 19, 2003

mek it fuhnki
I am trying to identify the movie this scene is from. Definately a comedy.

There is a very loud scream, I think because the person got hurt in a wince-making but funny way. Or it could just be a loud noise thats inappropriate (people trying to be quiet perhaps.)

Then it cuts to various (obviously) stock footage of a flock of starlings taking flight from a tree, an antelope stampede and an avalanche.

I think its a joke used in other films too. Something similar is in Ferris Bueller when he says "This is where Cameron freaks out [about the ferrari]) then while he is screaming it cuts to shots of chicago, implying it is heard across the city.

Might it be Naked Gun or Airplane? Its similar in spirit to the sex scene in naked gun where they cut to show clips of rockets taking off and trains going through tunnels etc.

I hope someone can help, for some reason its driving me crazy!

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Erasmus Darwin posted:

I suspect it's The Earthling, though I haven't seen it. It at least fits with having a car crash, an orphaned kid, and a walking stick-carrying mountain man taking care of him, though I'm not sure about the other details.

It's a great movie. Why it's not out on DVD yet I have no idea. William Holden gives a tremendous performance as does Ricky Schroder. Plus it's incredibly beautiful, as it takes place in the Australian outback.

pastis
Aug 1, 2004

Ouzo is for louzos

Erasmus Darwin posted:

Yep, that's what I think, too. We'll see when my VHS copy from eBay arrives next week. God I can't believe I spent $30 on a tape. :toot:

pastis fucked around with this message at 18:26 on May 9, 2008

a bear
Oct 25, 2004
a bear is strong
I saw this late at night as a teenager on maybe HBO or Showtime.

There's a renegade police officer who is out to murder people in a big business building. They are chased throughout the office building. At one point, he gets an axe put THROUGH his body, but he still survives with the axe still in him and continues to try to kill them.

We Are Citizen
Apr 5, 2008
I have two:

1. It takes place on a farm or out in the country somewhere. Two girls (sisters, I think?) are in love with the same guy. The scene I most remember is the guy riding on a tractor and seeing on of the girls. He gets distracted and his hat gets caught on a tree limb. He puts the tractor in reverse to get it, but falls off and is run over by the tractor.

2. This movie is probably from the 70's or 80's. There is a scene where a woman is tied to a door that is hanging by a rope over a cliff. There is some sort of machine shotting bird seed at the rope, and there are a bunch of chickens around pecking at the rope, causing it to fray. I don't remember if she escaped or not.

Thanks in advance

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

We Are Citizen posted:

2. This movie is probably from the 70's or 80's. There is a scene where a woman is tied to a door that is hanging by a rope over a cliff. There is some sort of machine shotting bird seed at the rope, and there are a bunch of chickens around pecking at the rope, causing it to fray. I don't remember if she escaped or not.

That is some diabolical poo poo right there. James Bond villains, Wile E. Coyote, and the Saw guy all have to be going "drat".

Larch Tote
Mar 10, 2007

...in the world.

We Are Citizen posted:

1. It takes place on a farm or out in the country somewhere. Two girls (sisters, I think?) are in love with the same guy. The scene I most remember is the guy riding on a tractor and seeing on of the girls. He gets distracted and his hat gets caught on a tree limb. He puts the tractor in reverse to get it, but falls off and is run over by the tractor.

This is 1991's The Man in the Moon, with one sister played by a then 15 year old Reese Witherspoon. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102388/

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005

Iznogood posted:

I got one! I keep looking up imdb and google for it and can never find anything. I watched it years ago on tv. It was a vietnam movie about two guys (black dude and white dude) and I have no idea what went on. But in the end they cant catch a chopper and it is implied that they die (both run in a river trying desperatly to catch there way out). I was 100% sure it was called "too young to die" but thats obviously not it.

Help?

It's a bit of a stretch but could it have been 84 Charlie Mopic?

There is a helicopter rescue at the end.

We Are Citizen
Apr 5, 2008

Larch Tote posted:

This is 1991's The Man in the Moon, with one sister played by a then 15 year old Reese Witherspoon. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102388/

Thanks! I was assuming, based on that one scene, that it was some sort of dark comedy, rather than a romance movie.

Iznogood
Jul 10, 2001

JamesieAB posted:

It's a bit of a stretch but could it have been 84 Charlie Mopic?

There is a helicopter rescue at the end.

I don't think so. Do they die at the end? And I really don't remember it beeing some documentary. Felt very movie to me. Its also old I must of watched it in 1987-1990.
Its crasy how the title "to young to die" seems so right to me. COuld it be some mini-series?

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Here's one for a friend:

"I remember a movie I saw from the late '60s through to the '70s when I was a kid of a young boy who goes on this great adventure. I would frequently see it on TV. He's talking on the phone with his friend, then he hears a noise upstairs. He tells his friend to hold on, he checks it out, and I think he sees a little car or something. And when he starts driving in it, the movie switches to animation, and the only distinct parts I remember during the cartoon parts are that he can't control the car early on and that he's spinning in circles. He sees lots of weird creatures in this world, and towards the very end, there's some kind of fiery place he ends up, with some guy trying to stop him/kill him, I don't know. It might be a volcano, but fire is a definite part of it. And I think a well is involved too, but don't quote me on that. He ends up home, resumes talking to his friend on the phone, and he apparently hadn't been gone long at all. As well, I remember reading this story in a book too."

Crescent Wrench fucked around with this message at 06:05 on May 12, 2008

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

AKMoose posted:

Here's one for a friend:

"I remember a movie I saw from the late '60s through to the '70s when I was a kid of a young boy who goes on this great adventure. I would frequently see it on TV. He's talking on the phone with his friend, then he hears a noise upstairs. He tells his friend to hold on, he checks it out, and I think he sees a little car or something. And when he starts driving in it, the movie switches to animation, and the only distinct parts I remember during the cartoon parts are that he can't control the car early on and that he's spinning in circles. He sees lots of weird creatures in this world, and towards the very end, there's some kind of fiery place he ends up, with some guy trying to stop him/kill him, I don't know. It might be a volcano, but fire is a definite part of it. And I think a well is involved too, but don't quote me on that. He ends up home, resumes talking to his friend on the phone, and he apparently hadn't been gone long at all. As well, I remember reading this story in a book too."

I'm pretty sure that's The Phantom Tollbooth, adapted from the book by Norton Juster.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Kid Fenris posted:

I'm pretty sure that's The Phantom Tollbooth, adapted from the book by Norton Juster.

"OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS IT IS THE PHANTOM TOLLBOOTH"

Seems like you are correct, and my friend is very happy. :) Thanks a bunch!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ok, I've got one... very hard for me to picture what else is going on in the scene, but it's a bunch of people who are in a bad situation (captured, or about to die, or something) and one guy sort of freaks out at another guy, yelling at him about what's goign to happen to everyone, and he keeps yelling "THAT'S YOUR MOTIVATION!!", as if explaining to an actor how to act.

Anyone?

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

...he keeps yelling "THAT'S YOUR MOTIVATION!!"

Anyone?

Could this be The Blair Witch Project? It's Josh shouting at Heather rather than two guys, but other than that it's spot on.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

1 posted:

Could this be The Blair Witch Project? It's Josh shouting at Heather rather than two guys, but other than that it's spot on.

YES!! Thank you so much. It just popped in my head today and couldn't even come close to remembering where it's from. It's been years since I saw the movie.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Okay, this one may be a bit of a stretch, but it's been bugging me for quite some time. I caught the end of a trailer maybe three years ago, I think at Alone In the Dark (:barf: ), for a movie that, as far as I could tell, was about evolution going completely wild and the animals just getting awesome and angry and stuff. I remember a gorilla-like creature tearing the roof off of a car and there were a ton of thick, green vines. I think. Did this movie ever come out or is it just a figment of my imagination?

Strontosaurus fucked around with this message at 20:20 on May 14, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Strontosaurus posted:

Okay, this one may be a bit of a stretch, but it's been bugging me for quite some time. I caught the end of a trailer maybe three years ago, I think at Alone In the Dark (:barf:), for a movie that, as far as I could tell, was about evolution going completely wild and the animals just getting awesome and angry and stuff. I remember a gorilla-like creature tearing the roof off of a car and there were a ton of thick, green vines. I think. Did this movie ever come out or is it just a figment of my imagination?

Was this "A Sound of Thunder" (maybe "The Sound of Thunder") with Ben Kingsley?

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Was this "A Sound of Thunder" (maybe "The Sound of Thunder") with Ben Kingsley?

Hell yeah, that's it! Thank you so much!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Strontosaurus posted:

Hell yeah, that's it! Thank you so much!

Just to let you know, don't see that movie. I would instead track down the short story by Ray Bradbury. It's totally excellent (and yes, actually short), whereas the movie took a disgusting amount of liberties with the concept and came out horrible on the other end, and it really, really shouldn't have been made into a feature film. Short film, sure. The way the book ends is perfect.

Actually, scratch all that. See the movie, then read the book, and you'll be amazed.

jonny!
Feb 29, 2004
I AM ONE BAD MOTHER
There's this youtube clip that pops up here every now and again and I can never find it again or remember the name of the movie. It's like a slumber party type slasher where a dude pops in looking like fonzi and he takes out his guitar with a drill on the end of it and then performs a musical number, all building up to a startling conclusion.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

jonny! posted:

There's this youtube clip that pops up here every now and again and I can never find it again or remember the name of the movie. It's like a slumber party type slasher where a dude pops in looking like fonzi and he takes out his guitar with a drill on the end of it and then performs a musical number, all building up to a startling conclusion.

I don't know what this is, but I want to see it.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

jonny! posted:

Slumber Party Massacre 2
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0093996/

jonny!
Feb 29, 2004
I AM ONE BAD MOTHER
Thank you. You can't imagine how many combinations of 'guitar drill' and 'rock n roll horror' I've punched into youtube.

gruvmeister
Dec 28, 2006

Spring has sprung,
The grass has riz,
I wonder where the flowers is
Apologies if these have been covered before, I'm kinda new to the Cinema and there is a LOT of history to go through and I may have overlooked it.

First movie:

This is at least 15 years old now, probably 20 or more. Some horror flic that involves spiders. I vividly remember spiders breaking out of a festering sore on someone's face, this person still being alive and screaming about it. This is just some random memory from childhood of a movie scene I caught after waking up in front of the TV late at night. Blurs together with The Running Man in my memory (maybe a good timeframe reference?) because that's what I had been watching and fell asleep during.

Next:

Probably about the same age as the one above. All I remember is some chick in the shower of what must have been a spaceship, undersea vessel, spacestation, or other similar sealed environment where water supplies would be limited and rationed. She's shampooing her hair (bad idea, shave that poo poo) and her water stops. No more for another 24 hours apparently. Some dude comes to the rescue with his water ration card or whatever and saves the day, consequently getting busy with said naked chick in the shower.

I really have no interest in seeing either movie, they're just both burned-in memories from long ago that kinda sit in the back of your mind and tickle every now and then for some reason. Just knowing the names of these movies would do wonders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

gruvmeister posted:

Probably about the same age as the one above. All I remember is some chick in the shower of what must have been a spaceship, undersea vessel, spacestation, or other similar sealed environment where water supplies would be limited and rationed. She's shampooing her hair (bad idea, shave that poo poo) and her water stops. No more for another 24 hours apparently. Some dude comes to the rescue with his water ration card or whatever and saves the day, consequently getting busy with said naked chick in the shower.
This I think is Deepstar Six.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0097179/