Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
This has been bugging me all day. Last night I had a really vivid dream where I was playing guitar and singing, making up the song as I went. In reality I can't play guitar or sing at all.

I forgot almost all the words right after waking up, but the closing bars of the tune have been stuck in my head all day. I'm *sure* I've heard it before, but can't remember where.

Here's a 20 second recording of horrible humming.
http://www.evilbastard.org/slight/ENMC-003.MP3

Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Lil Raphandz posted:

Honestly man, most people who read this thread do so cuz they like to help so I don't think bumping up your offer is going to improve your chances. I'm sure if somebody knew they would've come forward by now regardless of what kind of reward you're offering. :unsmith:

if I wait a little longer, maybe his price will raise again...

I looked for about 20 minutes man, there's no hope for finding some of this vague poo poo, sadly.

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

cuttin' cat faces in the pines.
I heard a song on the radio today, and I'm sure it's a newer song. I only know one song by the Shins, but it sounded kinda like them, I guess.

The beat kind of goes

bom bom bom bom bom bom baaa

The only lyrics I remember were "but I'd like to think that I'm making the most of it" and "days get shorter and the nights get long" or something along those lines.

I'm sure this one should be easy to get. :) Thank you.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Okay, there's almost no point in even attempting to ask for help on this one, but here goes...

I heard a song today that I can't remember any lyrics from excpet they say "1963" at some point. Its a newish song, and fits right in with the modern pop punk genre.

I know, this ain't even worth trying for.

EllisD posted:

There's this dance-pop song that keeps playing at my work. It comes off kind of theatrical. The only lyrics I can remember are when the guy belts out "Allllll myyyyy liiiife". Even if I guessed that was the song title, "All My Life" is probably the most common song title in existence. I have only heard the song on my employer's pre-selected music CD, so its not exactly a popular radio tune. The song must have come out in the 21st century, as these CDs only contain new music. I know its definitely of the pop/dance persuasion and nothing incredibly obscure, I just don't know the genre very well. I can't check what songs are on each CD as the player is locked up.

I actually like it, so help if you can. Sorry the details are so lovely. :(

'On a Friday' by Blaq Audio. They're an electronic act by a couple of the guys from AFI.

---------

edit: It was "Tournament of Hearts" by the Weakerthans. Great song.

Cyril Sneer fucked around with this message at 06:45 on May 18, 2008

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Medium Bi posted:

I heard a song on the radio today, and I'm sure it's a newer song. I only know one song by the Shins, but it sounded kinda like them, I guess.

The beat kind of goes

bom bom bom bom bom bom baaa

The only lyrics I remember were "but I'd like to think that I'm making the most of it" and "days get shorter and the nights get long" or something along those lines.

I'm sure this one should be easy to get. :) Thank you.

Modest Mouse - The World at Large?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Theres a recent song thats been bugging me. I remember little of the actual song but the video clip is really abstract and uses mostly old style 80s effects with some animation. At one point the singer shoots an arrow at what i remember to be a large cat like monster. Theres also scenes of people on a beach around a bonfire.

Any ideas?9

gman5959
May 17, 2008

I think she's a honey. Look at those jugs.

Nutsngum posted:

Theres a recent song thats been bugging me. I remember little of the actual song but the video clip is really abstract and uses mostly old style 80s effects with some animation. At one point the singer shoots an arrow at what i remember to be a large cat like monster. Theres also scenes of people on a beach around a bonfire.

Any ideas?9

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XVnRzEjpUmE

MGMT - "Time To Pretend"

I love this video.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

gman5959 posted:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XVnRzEjpUmE

MGMT - "Time To Pretend"

I love this video.

Well no cats, more crabs with mouths but this is the one i was looking for. Thanks man, its been killing me for days now.9

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I heard this for like 2 minutes on the DC station that plays mashups on Saturdays --

it was a mashup of BTO's Let It Ride (music) and 50 Cent's Love it or Hate it (lyrics. Was that obvious?). I'm not certain of the lyrics, but I tried really hard to remember them.

1) Anyone heard this? It was just amazing to me, so I'd like to find it.
2) Is it reasonable to call up the station, if I find which one it was, and ask them if they know? I'm guessing one DJ must have ok'ed that song for inclusion into their mashup queue.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Lil Raphandz posted:

Honestly man, most people who read this thread do so cuz they like to help so I don't think bumping up your offer is going to improve your chances. I'm sure if somebody knew they would've come forward by now regardless of what kind of reward you're offering. :unsmith:

If the price gets high enough, maybe someone with a vast knowledge of late 90s bubblegum pop will access some kind of secret resource and make a list of all videos set in supermarkets.

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

Cyril Sneer posted:

'On a Friday' by Blaqk Audio. They're an electronic act by a couple of the guys from AFI.

D'oh! I should have gotten that one. I've heard that song like a million times. :blush:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Looking for a fairly long Zion I song. All I can remember about it is it had a very strong bass guitar strum going on constantly in the background. Kinda reminded me of the beginning of 'Be' by Common.

gman5959
May 17, 2008

FrensaGeran posted:

Looking for a fairly long Zion I song. All I can remember about it is it had a very strong bass guitar strum going on constantly in the background. Kinda reminded me of the beginning of 'Be' by Common.

"Blown-Out Joy From Heaven's Mercied Hole" - A Silver Mt.Zion

could be wrong about this but its pretty consistent with the phat bass tone.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

gman5959 posted:

"Blown-Out Joy From Heaven's Mercied Hole" - A Silver Mt.Zion

could be wrong about this but its pretty consistent with the phat bass tone.

LOL. Zion I is a hiphop duo, man, he's looking for a song by them.

gman5959
May 17, 2008

HAI posted:

LOL. Zion I is a hiphop duo, man, he's looking for a song by them.

well poo poo, now i look foolish. well sorry man. if you're into some fairly long post-rock with a steady bass line then there ya go haha. probably doesn't sound anything like common though.

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

cuttin' cat faces in the pines.

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

Modest Mouse - The World at Large?

Yes, thank you! Every time I hear a song that I like, it ends up being by Modest Mouse. My collection of their mp3s is getting bigger every day. Thanks.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Do we have enough [s]non[s]unAmerican goons here to cover some international music video questions?

1) I saw a video on NTV wherein the band was sining (in Russian) about the history of rock 'n' roll. The main footage was the Russian band performing, and then the screen would blink and the band would be outfitted and playing in the style of the Beatles, AC/DC, ZZ Top, etc. It was kind of like that Alien Ant Farm video about the movies, but Russian and about rock history.

2) There was a catchy video (the song itself was catchy, I should say) on ArabSat, which had a pale brunette Lebanese (?) girl singing, and mainly featured totally extraneous shots of her riding an exercise bicycle. Does that ring a bell at all, or is that just most videos on ArabSat?

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild

kimbo305 posted:

I heard this for like 2 minutes on the DC station that plays mashups on Saturdays --

it was a mashup of BTO's Let It Ride (music) and 50 Cent's Love it or Hate it (lyrics. Was that obvious?). I'm not certain of the lyrics, but I tried really hard to remember them.

1) Anyone heard this? It was just amazing to me, so I'd like to find it.
2) Is it reasonable to call up the station, if I find which one it was, and ask them if they know? I'm guessing one DJ must have ok'ed that song for inclusion into their mashup queue.

When was it? They have streaming audio of past shows at mashups.net.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

This one is pretty vague. Its a hip hop song. Its a girl kind of singing over the vocals, with a guy sometimes also saying stuff, and sometimes there is the song of a weapon shooting, I think it does 6 or 8 shots in a row a few times. I don't remember alot, except that I really liked it. Sorry.

Fritzler fucked around with this message at 06:10 on May 20, 2008

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

Fritzler posted:

This one is pretty vague. Its a hip hop song. Its a girl kind of singing over the vocals, with a guy sometimes also saying stuff, and sometimes there is the song of a weapon shooting, I think it does 6 or 8 shots in a row a few times. I don't remember alot, except that I really liked it. Sorry.

"Paper Planes" by M.I.A.?

troll for dollars
Jan 10, 2005
I was driving to work this morning and ended up on this Christian Rock station. There was a song playing that reminded me of Taking Back Sunday or Saosin maybe. The lyrics were something like "I hope this song makes it clear" but I googled it nothing popped up. Any clues?

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
What song is it that samples Rakim on I Ain't No Joke,

"you could get a smack for this"

I think it could be a Jamiroquai or 7L & Esoteric track but it's buggin me...

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Headless Norseman posted:

"Paper Planes" by M.I.A.?
Yes, thank you so much. I didn't know if anyone would know what song it was, with what little I provided. I really appreciate it.

gman5959
May 17, 2008

Fritzler posted:

Yes, thank you so much. I didn't know if anyone would know what song it was, with what little I provided. I really appreciate it.

the whole there's a guy in it thing kind of threw people off. great song though.

Horseface
Jun 29, 2003

Please put your hands together for Homosexuals the Gorilla!

gman5959 posted:

the whole there's a guy in it thing kind of threw people off. great song though.

he probably heard the remix, which features Bun-B on a verse but is otherwise identical.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

2) There was a catchy video (the song itself was catchy, I should say) on ArabSat, which had a pale brunette Lebanese (?) girl singing, and mainly featured totally extraneous shots of her riding an exercise bicycle. Does that ring a bell at all, or is that just most videos on ArabSat?

2)haha I am 90% sure it is this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e966wklzBfM

Edit: She's actually egyptian, but "EXERCISE BICYCLE" is always the first thing I think of when I hear that video.
Lots of arabsat videos are about as retarded though so I can't be sure

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Horseface posted:

he probably heard the remix, which features Bun-B on a verse but is otherwise identical.
Yea, this is actually what I heard, but I figured it out soon after I got the answer in the thread though.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

2)haha I am 90% sure it is this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e966wklzBfM

Edit: She's actually egyptian, but "EXERCISE BICYCLE" is always the first thing I think of when I hear that video.
Lots of arabsat videos are about as retarded though so I can't be sure

Bingo, you are indeed on it: "Ruby - Leh Bedary Keda". So روبي is Egyptian, not Lebanese?

I suppose I had this general bias to assume that hot girls on ArabSat are Lebanese, though I eventually found out that the girl who does that "Aiwa" song (EDIT: Darine) is actually Egyptian also. (Edit: though I never found Darine that attractive).

For those unfamiliar with Middle Eastern music videos, do go and check some out.

While I have AWESOME GHOST here, do you happen to recall what video this would be:

-Male Arabic singer, has this "Groundhog Day"-esque video where he wakes up, gets killed at some point in the morning, then wakes up again. He goes about his life up to the point where he was previously killed, avoids his untimely death, and then gets killed anyway five minutes further. So each time he wakes up, he gets a little further through the day, but still gets killed. Ring any bells?

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 08:57 on May 21, 2008

Cotton B. Gross
Jun 21, 2006

by Fragmaster
I remember hearing a song on the radio about a decade ago where the only lyric I remember concerned a woman who had a tattoo of Wile E. Coyote chasing the road runner into "an unbelievable place". Anyone know what this is? Google failed me.

Pulling Teeth
Jan 13, 2008
My Cadillac got that bass

FrensaGeran posted:

Hmm, I'll look through my Zion I and see what fits. Oh, it's Zion I - The Bay (it has the same double bass sampling as "Be" anyway).

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.
Alright this is driving me crazy. I think this was a 80s industrial song. All I remember is the lyrics "yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah" and the video had these tiki masks or something bobbing back and forth...

Anybody? Please? :)

edit: I think eighties, could be 90s

MisterFister fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 23, 2008

Cupcake Sparkle
Mar 22, 2007
Six gumdrops are purple and four are red. What percentage of the gumdrops are delicious?
Still have no idea what this is...

http://rapidshare.com/files/116926713/sound_1.mp3.html

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Alright this is a long shot, but there's a song by a relatively new Australian Hip Hop crew that I really like. The Video Clip is them on a farm, they're rolling up hay or cotton or something, doing their verses, then at the end the cotton goes into the air and makes clouds. It sounds a bit like the new Herd song, 'everything must change, nothing stays the same' or whatever.

Come on Aussies! I might just have to call JJJ or something.

Julien Sorel
Jan 27, 2006

Voted Worst Marksman of 1830

Cupcake Sparkle posted:

Still have no idea what this is...

http://rapidshare.com/files/116926713/sound_1.mp3.html

Nightwish - Ghost Love Score

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Got one less-foreign one. There was a singer-songwriter being interviewed on KUT in Austin, who played a really minimalist, slightly peppy piece about how much better life is when you stop smoking weed. It was almost vaguely Dr Seuss-esque, very rapid interlaced patter, etc.

The tagline went something like "Life is pretty groovy when you stop doin' weed." It was a catchy song, Google has failed me, but I'd like to hear it again.

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Got one less-foreign one. There was a singer-songwriter being interviewed on KUT in Austin, who played a really minimalist, slightly peppy piece about how much better life is when you stop smoking weed. It was almost vaguely Dr Seuss-esque, very rapid interlaced patter, etc.

The tagline went something like "Life is pretty groovy when you stop doin' weed." It was a catchy song, Google has failed me, but I'd like to hear it again.

The singer sounds like it could be Jad Fair. Can't help with the song, though.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Pulling Teeth posted:

Hmm, I'll look through my Zion I and see what fits. Oh, it's Zion I - The Bay (it has the same double bass sampling as "Be" anyway).

Thanks man! You got it!

kedom
Jun 30, 2003
hey
I heard some song from a mixtape by lil wayne or something late on the radio a few nights ago. The only thing I can remember about it is that it had some guy in the background saying "swagga swagga swagga" or something. Lil Wayne also rhymes "drop set" with "glock set." This is probably not enough information, but I really liked this song and really want to hear it again.

Cupcake Sparkle
Mar 22, 2007
Six gumdrops are purple and four are red. What percentage of the gumdrops are delicious?

Oncogene posted:

Nightwish - Ghost Love Score

Wow, thank you!! I would have never figured that out. I have no idea where I got that sound clip, but I've been listening to Nightwish songs now, and the instrumentals are fantastic! Can't say I dig the girl singer's voice too much though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julien Sorel
Jan 27, 2006

Voted Worst Marksman of 1830
Neither do I and she was fired awhile back. They have some new singer now but I haven't listened to any of it yet so I don't know if she's any good or not.