Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wzm
Dec 12, 2004

Ripoff posted:

Turtle Parlor's TT and my CB on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

It was a really nice day, although we kept getting stuck behind tourists going 30 mph when the speed limit was 45. I hate tourists.

Edit: Before you yell at me, yes I know my helmet's not supposed to be like that but I was trying to get a picture as fast as possible so we could get back on and beat out the slow cars coming up behind us.

Isn't that the logo of the Triumph car company, which was completely separate from the motorcycle company? Why did Turtle Parlor stick an old BL logo on a newer Triumph?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

wzm posted:

Isn't that the logo of the Triumph car company
No.

wzm
Dec 12, 2004

rope kid posted:

No.

The lower Triumph laurel, not the stock logo with the swoopy R painted on the tank. My original post came off kind of bitchy, but it seemed weird to add a decal for the Triumph car company on the lower fairing, and I didn't know if they had ever interchanged logos.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=8b2_1210796656

holy poo poo. Kinda not worksafe as dude gets binned.

Frogeye
Jun 3, 2004

MY CHIEF WEAPON IS SURPRISE!

SURPRISE AND FEAR!

AND MORONIC, UNFOUNDED OPINION!
edit: because Im a tard

Frogeye fucked around with this message at 17:24 on May 19, 2008

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Phat_Albert posted:

Oh, nice, so you're that guy.

Front/rear stands are next, so he can wheel it in and out of the garage to take pictures of it.

A kid around here bought an R6 and won't take it over 30 mph, or out of 1st gear, and only rides it around his subdivision because it's too dangerous to ride in traffic. Also, you can have just as much fun at 30 mph as you can at 100 mph.

I told him to buy a scooter. I'm only bitter because I wanted to buy the bike he ended up getting. :argh:

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES

Bob Morales posted:

Front/rear stands are next, so he can wheel it in and out of the garage to take pictures of it.

A kid around here bought an R6 and won't take it over 30 mph, or out of 1st gear, and only rides it around his subdivision because it's too dangerous to ride in traffic. Also, you can have just as much fun at 30 mph as you can at 100 mph.

I told him to buy a scooter. I'm only bitter because I wanted to buy the bike he ended up getting. :argh:

Well even though my R6 is my first bike I'm really getting used to it. I'm not over confident by any means but I've found traffic and highway riding to be not nearly as scary as I made it out to be. I've just got my HIDS installed along with my CRG shorty levers and my integrated blinkers in the passenger pegs. I'll post some more pics when I get a chance.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

OptimusMatrix posted:

Well even though my R6 is my first bike I'm really getting used to it. I'm not over confident by any means but I've found traffic and highway riding to be not nearly as scary as I made it out to be. I've just got my HIDS installed along with my CRG shorty levers and my integrated blinkers in the passenger pegs. I'll post some more pics when I get a chance.

Man i bet you rayel them twists riding on those HIDs and short levers.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Awesome!

R6 as first bike? Check!
HIDs? Check!
"I can handle it" excuses? Check!

You're the triple threat for trolling the bike megathread, congrats! To really push your posting over the edge, explain how gear inhibits your view of the road. Bonus points for using anecdotes about friends who wrecked their bikes with no gear and suffered no injuries.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

Come on faggots you can troll better than that. I never said I'm an expert at motorcycle riding I don't know why you're implying that I said that. I don't go riding up the twistiezzzz sorry to disappoint you. I know I'm new to riding so I'm not immediately hopping on the bike thinking I'm a motogp champion as you seem to think I am. Believe it or not I've had the bike for about a month and I haven't even taken the bike above 80mph and haven't accelerated faster than a normal family sedan. Every weekend I go to a parking lot and practice manuvers with a family friend who is also a MSC instructor. God forbid someone wants to customize their bike. I happen to like the CRG levers because you can adjust how far away from the grips they are positioned. I do infact wear full gear every time I ride as do all my friends who have bikes.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

OptimusMatrix posted:

Come on faggots you can troll better than that. I never said I'm an expert at motorcycle riding I don't know why you're implying that I said that. I don't go riding up the twistiezzzz sorry to disappoint you. I know I'm new to riding so I'm not immediately hopping on the bike thinking I'm a motogp champion as you seem to think I am. Believe it or not I've had the bike for about a month and I haven't even taken the bike above 80mph and haven't accelerated faster than a normal family sedan. Every weekend I go to a parking lot and practice manuvers with a family friend who is also a MSC instructor. God forbid someone wants to customize their bike. I happen to like the CRG levers because you can adjust how far away from the grips they are positioned. I do infact wear full gear every time I ride as do all my friends who have bikes.

You have HID lights. Proven time and time again to do nothing but gently caress up other people on the road with their shittyness, and scream "I AM A GIANT DOUCHEBAG" to everyone else.

Also, you dont need CRG SHAWTY levers to adjust how far they are from the grip, every loving bike on earth has that adjustment right out of the box on the brake side. The brakes on my 77 Honda have that adjustment. The clutch side? I'll give you that on some bikes, but many are still adjustable. Run the adjuster nut in on the cable. CRG SHAWTY MAD ADJUSTABLE LEVERS on da cheap yo :c00l:

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

Phat_Albert posted:

You have HID lights. Proven time and time again to do nothing but gently caress up other people on the road with their shittyness, and scream "I AM A GIANT DOUCHEBAG" to everyone else.

Also, you dont need CRG SHAWTY levers to adjust how far they are from the grip, every loving bike on earth has that adjustment right out of the box on the brake side. The brakes on my 77 Honda have that adjustment. The clutch side? I'll give you that on some bikes, but many are still adjustable. Run the adjuster nut in on the cable. CRG SHAWTY MAD ADJUSTABLE LEVERS on da cheap yo :c00l:

Yes I know the stock ones were adjustable and I found that the CRG's were more comfortable. Hey if I'm going to be riding the bike then I might as well use what I find comfortable right? And I actually got them for really cheap because I have a friend who owns his own bike shop so he got them at cost for me. And I had them adjust my HIDs to point more downward so they wouldn't be as blinding to other drivers. I just prefer the way they look I didn't know there was only one way you can have a motorcyle according to the forums.

OptimusMatrix fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 19, 2008

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

OptimusMatrix posted:

Yes I know the stock ones were adjustable and I found that the CRG's were more comfortable. Hey if I'm going to be riding the bike then I might as well use what I find comfortable right? And I actually got them for really cheap because I have a friend who owns his own bike shop so he got them at cost for me. And I had them adjust my HIDs to point more downward so they wouldn't be as blinding to other drivers. I just prefer the way they look I didn't know there was only one way you can have a motorcyle according to the forums.

There isnt just one way to have a bike. HID's are just a horrible horrible idea because halogen housings dont work with them at all.

To be honest, the HID lights, integrated passenger peg turn signals and shorty levers really just give off a poser vibe that everyone can pick up from a mile away. Also, any longtime rider knows a "that guy" of their very own. That guy who starts on a sportbike, does pointless/dangerous/stupid mods to said sportbike, then gets all indignant about it.

Dont think you're breaking any molds here. We've seen you before.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 19, 2008

Frogeye
Jun 3, 2004

SURPRISE AND FEAR!

CRG/Pazzo levers are nice bits of kit. The ergonomics differ from OE levers, and I find this a big benefit in terms of comfort and lever feel (specifically the brake side).

HID lights though are for gaylords, up there with pricks who ride with their lights on full beam all the time blinding every other road user. Neither of these make you more visible, they just make you a pest and harder to judge how far away you are/what speed you are doing. One of my pet hates when filtering through traffic at 15/20MPH is having a fellow biker behind me burning out my retinas with his full beam/HID lighting.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Frogeye posted:

CRG/Pazzo levers are nice bits of kit. The ergonomics differ from OE levers, and I find this a big benefit in terms of comfort and lever feel (specifically the brake side).

Yeah, the full levers. The shorty ones are for pullin one fingah stoppiez at 2am in the Taco Bell parkinglot and for holding the front wheel while you try to write FTP in burnouts.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

Phat_Albert posted:

There isnt just one way to have a bike. HID's are just a horrible horrible idea because halogen housings dont work with them at all.

To be honest, the HID lights, integrated passenger peg turn signals and shorty levers really just give off a poser vibe that everyone can pick up from a mile away. Also, any longtime rider knows a "that guy" of their very own. That guy who starts on a sportbike, does pointless/dangerous/stupid mods to said sportbike, then gets all indignant about it.

Dont think you're breaking any molds here. We've seen you before.

I honestly couldn't give a poo poo whether you think the stuff I've done is pointless or stupid. It's how I want it and you're not riding it. Sorry it's not a 1985 Honda 250. It's not like I've never ridden a motorycle in my life and I just decided one day to go hmm I'm going to get a bike and started stunting my first day with spaghetti thin chicken strips. My room mate had a bike and I had a car and when he'd need the car I'd take his bike. I said this is my first bike as in this is the first bike I've personally owned.

Frogeye
Jun 3, 2004

SURPRISE AND FEAR!

Phat_Albert posted:

Yeah, the full levers. The shorty ones are for pullin one fingah stoppiez at 2am in the Taco Bell parkinglot and for holding the front wheel while you try to write FTP in burnouts.

I beg to disagree. I prefer the shorties as I only ever use two fingers for braking, and there is less chance of the levers getting damaged if you throw your bike up the road :)

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

Phat_Albert posted:

Actually I find it easier to cover the brake and still maintain grip on the throttle with the CRG's over the stock levers.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

quote:

I don't go riding up the twistiezzzz sorry to disappoint you. I know I'm new to riding so I'm not immediately hopping on the bike thinking I'm a motogp champion as you seem to think I am. Believe it or not I've had the bike for about a month and I haven't even taken the bike above 80mph and haven't accelerated faster than a normal family sedan.

So why did you buy a bike then? Because if you don't ride entertaining rodes and don't ride the bike for its advantages, you basically bought it just to be a poser human being, which if i'm not mistaken is why we are all making fun of you.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

OptimusMatrix posted:

I honestly couldn't give a poo poo whether you think the stuff I've done is pointless or stupid. It's how I want it and you're not riding it. Sorry it's not a 1985 Honda 250. It's not like I've never ridden a motorycle in my life and I just decided one day to go hmm I'm going to get a bike and started stunting my first day with spaghetti thin chicken strips. My room mate had a bike and I had a car and when he'd need the car I'd take his bike. I said this is my first bike as in this is the first bike I've personally owned.

You bought a $7000 motorcycle way out of your skill range for your first bike then dumped a bunch of money into cosmetic modifications done with no point other than to 'look cool' and are confused when this doesn't impress a forum filled with people who spend way too much time fixing up ridiculously old and slow bikes that have sat in barns for 15 years? Gotta know your audience kid.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

OptimusMatrix posted:

I'm not hating on you because it isnt an 85 Honda 250. I dont have any problems with R6's, nor have I ever mentioned that I did.

If you really dont give a poo poo, dont let it get to you.

Just letting you know that you're branding yourself, among other things. You'll care though when the lovely passenger peg turnsignal mod doesnt get someones attention and you wind up in the radiator of a suburban, but hey, as long as they dont hit that HID, we all good right?

Xlyfindel
Dec 16, 2003
Raw Esoteric

OptimusMatrix posted:

I was really surprised when people gave me poo poo for calling this choade out in the first place, but seems my faith has been restored.

I hope you continue to ride safely, and put more thought into your future mods, but everything you've posted is making you out to be one of those rear end in a top hat posers, which sportbike riders (in general) hate even more than the squidliest squid squids.

Edit: beaten. god drat

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

I maintain that Optimus is being melodramatic, but bagging on him for the levers he chooses to use on his bike is pretty childish. He bought the bike for image, he's a phony, he's a poser, he's a joke; just ignore him. He's a dangerous cliche that will most likely end up blended to a fine puree on the business end of highway bound SUV.

That said, modification is the spirit of motorcycling. He's not a shithead for wanting to doing so. Except for HIDs; those are dangerous to other riders, gently caress him for that.

pr0zac posted:

You bought a $7000 motorcycle way out of your skill range for your first bike then dumped a bunch of money into cosmetic modifications done with no point other than to 'look cool' and are confused when this doesn't impress a forum filled with people who spend way too much time fixing up ridiculously old and slow bikes that have sat in barns for 15 years? Gotta know your audience kid.

There's nothing wrong with making a bike look cool, if only for the sake of doing so.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

TheTrend posted:

So why did you buy a bike then? Because if you don't ride entertaining rodes and don't ride the bike for its advantages, you basically bought it just to be a poser human being, which if i'm not mistaken is why we are all making fun of you.

I bought the bike to do that eventually but at my current skill level it's not possible for me to go carving up a mountain. The friend who got me into riding is in a bike club called Psykotic Cycles and they go on rides every weekend. Yesterday they went on a 330 mile ride and I'd like to go with them and have fun. Whats wrong with that. So I'm a poser human being because I didn't want to start with a ninja 250? I don't understand this. I know the bike I have is extremely fast and if I'm not careful will get away from me in a split second. If I'm making a right turn and the bike comes out from under me and theres nothing I can do to save it I don't see how this is any different that this happeneing on a Ninja 250.

OptimusMatrix fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 19, 2008

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
I had to double check and make sure I wasn't in the megathread, this is the pictures and video thread.

What the gently caress?

Pictures!

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

Quote is not edit

Turtle Parlor
Sep 12, 2005
village idiot

wzm posted:

Isn't that the logo of the Triumph car company, which was completely separate from the motorcycle company? Why did Turtle Parlor stick an old BL logo on a newer Triumph?

I bought it that way. It was someones elses track-rat/DD and he had tossed it down the track a few times. The fairings are trashed and just about every part is scuffed/dented/broken in some manner. It's beat down to a degree that is really quite fun to look at. Mechanically it's in great condition and I just go ride the wheels off it any chance I get. I keep the important bits in working order and all else I ignore.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Silver posted:

I had to double check and make sure I wasn't in the megathread, this is the pictures and video thread.

What the gently caress?

Pictures!

holy poo poo you're right, I thought I was reading the megathread too!
Well, I don't have any recent pics so I'll just share one of my dream bike, and now that I'm planning to move to europe where they actually sold a few, that dream is getting closer

also, is that... a dog? on that bike?

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

OptimusMatrix posted:

I bought the bike to do that eventually but at my current skill level it's not possible for me to go carving up a mountain. The friend who got me into riding is in a bike club called Psykotic Cycles and they go on rides every weekend. Yesterday they went on a 330 mile ride and I'd like to go with them and have fun. Whats wrong with that. So I'm a poser human being because I didn't want to start with a ninja 250? I don't understand this. I know the bike I have is extremely fast and if I'm not careful will get away from me in a split second. If I'm making a right turn and the bike comes out from under me and theres nothing I can do to save it I don't see how this is any different that this happeneing on a Ninja 250.

Well I don't really know what to say. While you don't really follow what is generally advised, you have enough money to not have to do that. It's obvious you could just wreck the bike and just buy another. So why not? I don't agree with your mods, but it's your money, your bike and your life. Just stay far away from me and don't poo poo things up for motorcyclists everywhere.

Revenant.Eagle
Oct 4, 2005

I know you think you thought you knew what you thought I said, but I'm not sure you understood what you thought I meant.

OptimusMatrix posted:

Bahahahahahahahahahaahah 'Psykotic Cycles' just SCREAMS squid man. Just find a local track, go there, learn, learn, and learn again and have fun.

On the CRG side of things, I have CRG levers (as others have said) because of the ergos. I one/two finger the brake and 3 finger the clutch. Much easier with the CRGs, and a helluva lot easier to modulate the throttle under braking.

To keep the thread on track:

Is this how I go through the chicane?

Revenant.Eagle fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 20, 2008

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

OptimusMatrix posted:

I don't care if you bought a hayabusa, what gets my goat in a bunch is that you recommend to other new riders that an R6 is okay for them too. I'm glad you realize that bike's probably too powerful for you but don't go encouraging others to make the same dumb mistakes you're making.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

This is ludicrous. I posted pictures of my bike and I'm being called a human being poser because I chose to go with an R6 as my first bike and the changes I've done to it. So what if I wanted an R6 you're not my mom and I don't need you telling me I'll shoot my eye out. I know it's a dangerous bike and if not handled properly will get away from me in a split second. I have some riding experience as well as taken the MSC although this is my first bike. I don't drive like a jackass I get passed by slower bikes all the time because I stick to the right hand lane doing the exact speed limit. I don't see how me riding an R6 like this is any more dangerous than riding a ninja 250. Yes I know it has more throttle and a higher CG. But I've been reading every thing I can get my hands on to make me a better rider. As well as looking at track days so I can get some better experience in a safe environment.

I found a group of guys who enjoy taking rides all over Arizona and apparently they're human being posers as well. I'm not saying this means jack poo poo but the president of the club does have a highly respected bike shop in the West Valley and he's taught me alot so far about riding.

I'm sorry if you don't like the way my bike looks. Post that you don't like it and move on. I don't need you telling me "HURRR it's loving gay because it doesn't have performance mods on it" Why would I put performance poo poo on it when I'm still learning how to ride it stock. When I get to that point where i think I'm ready for some performance mods then I'll do them but thats not going to be for a very long time. As for the passenger peg blinkers the LED's that were used are extremely bright and they reflect off of the under tail to make it even more visible. In the day time I use both hand signals and blinkers when changing lanes or turning. I think it makes the bike look much less cluttered with them integrated into the pegs. But apparently I can't add anything to the bike and learn how to ride it at the same time.

And apparently I'm going to poo poo it up for motorcyclists everywhere??? I bought the bike because I wanted to learn how to ride and ride with my friends when they go on cruises.

OptimusMatrix fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 20, 2008

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

OptimusMatrix posted:

As for the passenger peg blinkers the LED's that were used are extremely bright and they reflect off of the under tail to make it even more visible.

So you replace your perfectly good DOT legal blinkers with non-DOT legal LEDs and expect us to be happy and excited for you?

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

So you replace your perfectly good DOT legal blinkers with non-DOT legal LEDs and expect us to be happy and excited for you?

Here in Arizona blinkers aren't even required. Apparently you missed the part where I said I use hand signals and blinkers.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

OptimusMatrix posted:

This is ludicrous.

Welcome to the internet, where petty, judgmental opinions come to light and offer insight as to how people think in real life.

You're an easy target for people to vent their frustrations, roll with it.

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

OptimusMatrix posted:

Here in Arizona blinkers aren't even required. Apparently you missed the part where I said I use hand signals and blinkers.

I still don't understand why you would inconvenience yourself with having to use hand signals.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Pweller posted:

Welcome to the internet, where petty, judgmental opinions come to light and offer insight as to how people think in real life.

You're an easy target for people to vent their frustrations, roll with it.
thanks for contributing to the cycle pictures thread

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

I still don't understand why you would inconvenience yourself with having to use hand signals.

Because in my opinion someone is going to see your arm moving before they're going to see a quarter sized light flashing. How is it an inconvenience?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

thanks for contributing to the cycle pictures thread

You've got alot more people to tell that to above him.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

OptimusMatrix posted:

And apparently I'm going to poo poo it up for motorcyclists everywhere??? I bought the bike because I wanted to learn how to ride and ride with my friends when they go on cruises.

Well you didn't buy a bike that's good to learn on, or good on cruises, and the first mods you did aren't going to help you be a better rider at all.

OptimusMatrix posted:

Because in my opinion someone is going to see your arm moving before they're going to see a quarter sized light flashing. How is it an inconvenience?

Because you have to take your hand off the clutch. Accidents occur or are avoided within fractions of seconds, and the last places you should ever be taking your hands off the controls are approaching intersections and turns.

Your opinion is also wrong. It takes much longer for someone to register and process an arm movement than it does for them to register a blinker.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 06:36 on May 20, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xlyfindel
Dec 16, 2003
Raw Esoteric

OptimusMatrix posted:

You've got alot more people to tell that to above him.

I'm guessing he didn't tell it to the other people because their posts weren't completely off topic for the sake of consoling a troll maybe?

Anyway, some pictures. I have tons of GP photos and just got around to looking through the more recent races.

I think Rossi's helmets look pretty awesome this season, like he did some sort of power/level up thing to keep up with the new guys.

Edit: now that I am looking through some photos from this season I've noticed a little box they cut out of the front fairing for Dorna's camera. Its really annoying, especially when it goes through a rider's numbers. Do people like those onboard views so much that it needs to be mandatory? I know I don't, I find them useful for breaking up the monotony sometimes, but I could do without them.

Xlyfindel fucked around with this message at 08:17 on May 20, 2008