Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This may or may not be a stupid question, but if I wanted to play a live show by myself, how would I go about doing that?

I have an Axiom 49 and Reason, so I'd need a laptop obviously for portability, but what other stuff? Amp-wise, there's only one kind of amp, right? Like, I could use the same one for both a guitar and my Axiom? Or am I wrong about that?

I don't plan on doing this soon, I'd just like to have all the information straight so that I can start getting all the materials for when I would want to do it.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 18, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I have an Axiom 49 and Reason, so I'd need a laptop obviously for portability, but what other stuff?
You've got the audio interface? Also, a small mixer always comes in handy, so you can control your own volume quickly.

quote:

Amp-wise, there's only one kind of amp, right? Like, I could use the same one for both a guitar and my Axiom? Or am I wrong about that?
You do not want to gently caress up your amp with that, because the frequency range of a synthesizer is way bigger than that of a guitar.

It depends on the venue; if they don't have anything in terms of PA, get yourself a keyboard amp or a pair of these or something. You'll have to ask other folks for experiences.

ALackofColor
May 22, 2004
indie goon
I didn't want to post a new thread about this, and this seems like the best megathread to pose this question.

I play electronic instrumental post-rock mash-up type stuff, and my live set-up at the moment is a CD player running beats into two 15w practice amps, and me playing guitar through a line 6 spider II 2x12. The sound is perfect for practicing in my room, but both times I've played shows it has mostly sounded awful- the highs are too high and the lows are non-existent.

I'm looking for some sort of one piece speaker system (or two smaller speakers and a sub) for playing the beats. I've been looking at DJ gear on musicians friend, as that seems to be the closest equivalent to what I'm doing. It doesn't need to get that loud, as it will only be accompanied by a guitar/possibly bass, and none of the places I play at are very big. I'm looking for something under 500$.
Any suggestions?

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
Yoozer that Thor bass sound was perfect. I was trying way too hard to get fancy I guess.

In case anyone looking for this sort of sound has Reason 4, I slapped the bass patch into a Combinator, tweaked it a bit, and sidechained it to a Redrum (Yoozer I hope you don't mind). I didn't bother with the combi programmer at all, though I may program the knobs to tweak the release time, damage control, etc later. Here's the patch.

Here's what it sounds like:

nah thanks fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 19, 2008

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
No, I don't mind - the examples are all academic so to say ;). Sorry that I can't give you .rns files because I only use Reason as a demo - I've always used it to explain concepts (and I was always finished building them within the 20 minute limit :D ).

breaks
May 12, 2001

This may or may not be a stupid question, but if I wanted to play a live show by myself, how would I go about doing that?

I have an Axiom 49 and Reason, so I'd need a laptop obviously for portability, but what other stuff? Amp-wise, there's only one kind of amp, right? Like, I could use the same one for both a guitar and my Axiom? Or am I wrong about that?

I don't plan on doing this soon, I'd just like to have all the information straight so that I can start getting all the materials for when I would want to do it.

There's no one answer here, it really depends on what you want to do exactly and your personal preferences. You would need to provide more information on what your goals are and what kind of music you want to make. Backing tracks are still the most common thing, but are tough to get away with in a one-man act.

As far as the guitar amp stuff, well, no. The amp itself will basically work if you set the levels right or if the amp has got a line input, but I wouldn't recommend it. The speakers/cabs are completely different. Guitar speakers are very uneven, they function as a fairly drastic EQ on the guitar sound.

Generally places that regularly have live music would have some kind of PA system and so you would not need an amp or speakers at all for the stuff coming out of the laptop. You would just go from your audio interface to their system.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

breaks posted:

There's no one answer here, it really depends on what you want to do exactly and your personal preferences. You would need to provide more information on what your goals are and what kind of music you want to make. Backing tracks are still the most common thing, but are tough to get away with in a one-man act.

As far as the guitar amp stuff, well, no. The amp itself will basically work if you set the levels right or if the amp has got a line input, but I wouldn't recommend it. The speakers/cabs are completely different. Guitar speakers are very uneven, they function as a fairly drastic EQ on the guitar sound.

Generally places that regularly have live music would have some kind of PA system and so you would not need an amp or speakers at all for the stuff coming out of the laptop. You would just go from your audio interface to their system.

I posted my music MySpace earlier on in this thread, but here it is again: http://www.myspace.com/aetheriusnola. I've got a few recordings up there, and post a new song every week or so. The style varies from ambient and post-rock-ish stuff to drum-and-bass. Sort of whatever I feel like playing at the time, but it's all electronic.

I wouldn't plan on using any backing tracks. The way I make most of my songs is looping a few different instruments and then switching between others to play live. It's all done in Reason.

I'd say it's pretty basic. I got my Axiom for Christmas and prior to that I'd had no experience with anything like this. So really I've only been making music for ~5 months.

I have a bunch of friends that are in local bands, and I go to see them pretty often. All the venues where they play are the same ones where I would want to play, and all of those have speaker systems. So with that being the case, all I'd need to buy would be a laptop and audio interface then?

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 19, 2008

breaks
May 12, 2001

This turned out really long, sorry if it's a bit much or overwhelming.

it's all electronic.

I wouldn't plan on using any backing tracks. The way I make most of my songs is looping a few different instruments and then switching between others to play live. It's all done in Reason.

In this case there is not really a straightforward setup as there is in the case of backing tracks, or DJ style, or laptop-as-synth-module people. It is a DIY, what works for you situation, so it's tough to be specific about what you should do.

There are a huge number of choices you have to make and the answers are different for everybody. Think about what you want control over, to what extent, and what you can do without. The main things you can manipulate are the arrangement, the content of sequences/loops, synth parameters, and mixer/fx. More of one means less of the rest due to limitations on complexity and time.

You also have to decide what you are going to use to enable your control over that stuff. There are a number of stock hardware options and a lot of modified/custom built stuff in use. What you can actually do with your chosen software is another important consideration. Custom stuff written in Reaktor or Max or actual code is also common. There are more tools available for chopping/destroying audio loops than there are MIDI loops. On the other hand you can tweak synth parameters in the latter case.

The are more questions to be answered: How important is a polished sound (more live means less polished), do you want to bring in live instruments like your guitar (which is not the most straightforward choice because of how you typically hold and play it), is all this poo poo even going to run on your laptop, is it going to be entertaining for the audience to watch, on and on and on.

You really have to spend time experimenting and iterating until you find something you're happy with.

Personally, the core of my work-in-progress setup is a Lemur controlling a step sequencer which I wrote myself specifically for live use. It does exactly what I want very quickly, and I have more control over the sequence content than most laptop people, but on the other hand it puts certain limitations on that content and leaves me with less time to do other stuff. Every electronic live act is in the same situation; they can do some poo poo live that is impossible for everyone else, but they have a different set of restrictions as a result.

Spend some time investigating what other people do. Off the top of my head, some examples for whom info is relatively easily available are Monolake/Robert Henke, Moldover, and Exile. For a more vanilla approach you could check out the videos that Tom COSM made. You can also draw some inspiration from people who do hardware live pa, so you could poke around the https://www.livepa.org forums. A live-looping approach is also possible (many guitarists, Kid Beyond, Imogen Heap, etc). It usually doesn't make much sense for dance tracks but might for your more ambient or postrocky work.

Whatever you do, don't be one of those people who look like they are checking their email. There are a lot more of those people and I didn't include any of them because it's a poo poo performance. Actually, I almost omitted COSM because he mouses too often for my taste. Ideally you'd want to be able to do your whole set with the laptop closed.

quote:

I have a bunch of friends that are in local bands, and I go to see them pretty often. All the venues where they play are the same ones where I would want to play, and all of those have speaker systems. So with that being the case, all I'd need to buy would be a laptop and audio interface then?

Yeah, that should be the case. Even so there are decisions to make, like what exactly you are going to put on the outputs. If there are any friendly sound guys (ha-ha) at those places you could try talking to them about it. My experience is that at rock-type places, the sound guy usually hates being sent a full mix. But different guys will have different opinions on that, it's becoming more common anyway, and if the sound guy is incompetent or doesn't give a poo poo then it may be better just to mix it yourself. Or you may need to mix for creative purposes so it can get to be a big clusterfuck, and so on.

Jzf_K
Sep 1, 2002
JS
As long as others are posting files in this thread for feedback, thought I'd give it a go as well:

http://idisk.mac.com/jkrivoshein/Public/PD2.mp3

Besides being quiet, it seems like a pretty set loop that I can't get to evolve anywhere. Anyone have suggestions for building a track from it, or other suggestions for making is sound louder/better/etc?

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

Jzf_K posted:

As long as others are posting files in this thread for feedback, thought I'd give it a go as well:

http://idisk.mac.com/jkrivoshein/Public/PD2.mp3

Besides being quiet, it seems like a pretty set loop that I can't get to evolve anywhere. Anyone have suggestions for building a track from it, or other suggestions for making is sound louder/better/etc?

For making things louder you need to mess with compressors and their peak limiting options to get your sound in the sweet spot, but be careful because you can easily make it too flat and add unwanted distortion.

For that track, you might want to take your time and have it build up more into each element, minimalist style since you don't seem to have quick 4/4 bits for all your sections. Either than that I'd say leave it for a few days, try something else then comeback and you'll have fresh outlook.

DO NOT POST HERE
Jan 17, 2007

by The Finn
For the love of me, I don't think I'll ever be able to replicate Justice's / Danger's / Kavinsky's snare / drum sound. It packs such a punch and has such a distinct sound, but I can't for the life of me replicate it. I've been making stuff in Ableton / FL for nearly 3 years now.

On a related note, I can't seem to find anything as harsh as some of the synths / bass synths used in their stuff. Maybe I haven't been looking in the right places, but drat, what I wouldn't do to be able to get somewhere near their sound.

Just so you know, I work with VSTs / Ableton devices and I program. I don't perform any of my stuff (yet).

I Dig Gardening
Jan 13, 2004

I cant tonight, babe. Im going online.

DO NOT POST HERE posted:

For the love of me, I don't think I'll ever be able to replicate Justice's / Danger's / Kavinsky's snare / drum sound. It packs such a punch and has such a distinct sound, but I can't for the life of me replicate it. I've been making stuff in Ableton / FL for nearly 3 years now.

On a related note, I can't seem to find anything as harsh as some of the synths / bass synths used in their stuff. Maybe I haven't been looking in the right places, but drat, what I wouldn't do to be able to get somewhere near their sound.

Just so you know, I work with VSTs / Ableton devices and I program. I don't perform any of my stuff (yet).

I'm in the same boat as you, except I've gotten past the hump and to the point where I think I actually can replicate all of their sounds pretty good. The trick is in simplicity. GOOD samples is SUPER key. On top of good samples, SIDECHAINS rule. It's all about how you mix a track to give it the most punch.

All the little things add up. Make sure to create a dummy audio track that all of your vsts run through (except your bass) that automatically cuts all frequencies below 100hz (or higher if it sounds good, I like it around 150 because I have huge basses). This'll clear up alot of room, but that's only one of hundreds of tricks that can be applied!

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
The one plug I miss being on OSX is Sytrus

http://www.image-line.com/documents/sytrus.html

Click the audio demo at the top.

Is there a comparitible plug on OSX that produces similar sounds? Sytrus is really metallic and smooth, which I haven't found elsewhere. I've looked at like Massive by NI, but it's too dirty for me.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Kai was taken posted:

The one plug I miss being on OSX is Sytrus

http://www.image-line.com/documents/sytrus.html

Click the audio demo at the top.

Is there a comparitible plug on OSX that produces similar sounds? Sytrus is really metallic and smooth, which I haven't found elsewhere. I've looked at like Massive by NI, but it's too dirty for me.

I don't have any experience with Sytrus, but from your description and the looks of its interface it seems to be an FM synth right? That's usually the sort of synthesis that'll get you smooth, digital, metallic sounds. In that case check out FM8. It's probably my favorite plugin, unless you count Thor.

The Fog
Oct 10, 2004

-I spent the whole day trying to pull a peanut from that heater vent. Turns out it was just a moth. -How was it? -Dry.
Hi there, ML!
I usually don't ask for help regarding this kind of stuff, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make this here waveform:

So far, what I've derived is that the sound is made up of 2 sawtooth oscillators. If you look at the picture you'll see 2 sawtooths (sawteeth?) next to each other, but the 2nd is -6dB of the loudness of the first one and 50% shorter and I got that by using two sawtooths in the same octave and twisting one 135 degrees. The only problem now is that there are a few spikes here and there which I have no idea how to recreate. They seem to appear right before the middle and right before the end of each cycle, but I'm not sure. You can see them in the waveform. Any takers?

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

The Fog posted:

Any takers?

Try oscillator (hard) sync, but use a constant pitch instead of the typical "weeeooow" sound.

The Fog
Oct 10, 2004

-I spent the whole day trying to pull a peanut from that heater vent. Turns out it was just a moth. -How was it? -Dry.

Yoozer posted:

Try oscillator (hard) sync, but use a constant pitch instead of the typical "weeeooow" sound.

Thanks for your help Yoozer, but I'm not sure I understand what you mean. The oscillators are already synced. What I'm having trouble with is creating those spikes right before the end and the middle of each cycle. What are they and how do I get them there?

Kekkoslovakia
Dec 21, 2004

by mons all madden

Jonny 290 posted:

My workflow is so convoluted that I haven't finished a track in three years. I get distracted with my pretty hardware FX rack and end up doodling around with the 4 tap delay on my rack, and forget to write the track. By the time I've revisited it, I'm no longer hip to the lukewarm 4-bar loop I laid down.

I'm going to try a more structured approach and also turning off my FX rack until I am done with the track composition.

So there are others in the same boat with me? That's comforting to know, but my condolences because the condition is a pain in the rear end. It's been almost two years since I last finished something and put it out, and ever since I've been switching between massive anxiety to get something done and massive disappointment when what I do fails to live up to anything I've done before.

I think I've finally broken the circle, though, because I tried Live and it seems to be everything I've been looking for in a DAW, freeing me of several problems like constantly corrupting project files in my previous sequencer. Now I've decided I'm going to sit down and work until I have an album of material, and if I ever get lost loving around with my hardware again, I'm just going to record all of it, cut it into tiny bits, and rearrange them until it sounds fun, as long as I do something and not just play around.

Here's a WIP clip (a very rough draft mix) of what I'm up to:
190508.mp3

I've no idea if anybody else likes their dance music in 3/4, distorted, and with kitchen utensils for a hihat track but that's what it is.

Sorry for the glitches that interrupt the audio play momentarily at a couple of points. They are most likely buffer overflows of a crap soundcard, which will go away as soon as I find out why my desktop doesn't want to recognize my FA-66 which works with my laptop just fine.

9b817f5
Nov 1, 2007

weeps quietly in binary
Ok.

I have another question about rewire, reason, and live.I'm trying to use the reason vocorder, but rather than simply using prerecorded audio, I want to use my mic live. I've set up my mic in live and have routed the audio to reason, but I have absolutely no idea how to "recieve" that audio in reason. In live, the audio is routed to "Reason Audio In" - "Track In", but in reason I have absolutely no idea where the audio in is. There is a rebirth input machine, but that doesn't work when reason is the rewire slave. Help?

Or alternatively tell me how to use my computer mic internally in reason (still as the rewire slave) as that would be easier.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

BubbleBobDole posted:

Here's a WIP clip (a very rough draft mix) of what I'm up to:
190508.mp3

I've no idea if anybody else likes their dance music in 3/4, distorted, and with kitchen utensils for a hihat track but that's what it is.

Well, I certainly think it's awesome. You had better finish this one mister. :colbert:

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

The Fog posted:

What are they and how do I get them there?

Well, what's the source of the signal? I'd like to hear WanderingKid's opinion, but couldn't it be aliasing? (e.g. cheap algo).

Anacostia posted:

I want to use my mic live. I've set up my mic in live and have routed the audio to reason, but I have absolutely no idea how to "recieve" that audio in reason.

I don't think you can actually do that (otherwise Reason would've had audio tracks).

The Fog
Oct 10, 2004

Yoozer posted:

Well, what's the source of the signal? I'd like to hear WanderingKid's opinion, but couldn't it be aliasing? (e.g. cheap algo).
The source is pure digital 320kbps MP3. Here's the clip: http://www.sendspace.com/file/y1aaq4
The clip contains a ride followed by the bass I'm trying to remake with a hihat on top. I tried my best to phase cancel the hihat, alas it's still audible.
I think this is a generic EDM sound and I wouldn't be surprised 4if it's a preset in some synths, but I haven't found anything that sounds close. It's a rather raspy sound.

stun runner
Oct 3, 2006

by mons all madden

Anacostia posted:

Ok.

I have another question about rewire, reason, and live.I'm trying to use the reason vocorder, but rather than simply using prerecorded audio, I want to use my mic live. I've set up my mic in live and have routed the audio to reason, but I have absolutely no idea how to "recieve" that audio in reason. In live, the audio is routed to "Reason Audio In" - "Track In", but in reason I have absolutely no idea where the audio in is. There is a rebirth input machine, but that doesn't work when reason is the rewire slave. Help?

Or alternatively tell me how to use my computer mic internally in reason (still as the rewire slave) as that would be easier.

You can't, Reason has no audio inputs. You'd have to record it, put it as a .wav into one of Reason's samplers or something and then route that to the vocoder. Reason doesn't like live inputs.

super_polack
Nov 23, 2005
Property of: Rzeczpospolita Polaska
What's a decent/free side chain compressor, other than SSS Side Chain Compressor (possibly one built into Ableton)?

SSS keeps crashing Ableton 7 for some reason, esp. during the VST scanning phase, but sometimes the scanning works until I try to use the VST. It loads the GUI of the device, but only detects the SideChCompMn.dll, not the SideChCompSt.dll - the difference between them is unknown to me. Then it won't let me actually chain another track (the option is greyed out), or crashes randomly anyway.

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

super_polack posted:

What's a decent/free side chain compressor, other than SSS Side Chain Compressor (possibly one built into Ableton)?

SSS keeps crashing Ableton 7 for some reason, esp. during the VST scanning phase, but sometimes the scanning works until I try to use the VST. It loads the GUI of the device, but only detects the SideChCompMn.dll, not the SideChCompSt.dll - the difference between them is unknown to me. Then it won't let me actually chain another track (the option is greyed out), or crashes randomly anyway.

That means Mono and Stereo, but it sounds like yours is just wonky. Maybe try using the normal side chaining option in Ableton? I'm not sure how to do it yet, but I've seen tutorials. Just youtube it.

9b817f5
Nov 1, 2007

weeps quietly in binary

blingasaurus rex posted:

You can't, Reason has no audio inputs. You'd have to record it, put it as a .wav into one of Reason's samplers or something and then route that to the vocoder. Reason doesn't like live inputs.

I was worried that might be the case. It gave me hope the Ableton was allowing me to route to a mysterious Reason Audio In. Oh well, I'll push on.

archie
Sep 16, 2003

Mr Lee! Why You No Wear Uniform?

super_polack posted:

er why not use the compressor that comes with ableton?

DO NOT POST HERE
Jan 17, 2007

by The Finn

archie posted:

er why not use the compressor that comes with ableton?

Check the tutorials built into Ableton 7, and you'll find one on how to Side-Chain with the compressor that comes with it. It's really helpful.

The Fog
Oct 10, 2004

I checked it out in a spectrum analyzer and the way the harmonics look, it actually looks like it's 2 (or more) sawtooth oscs who are detuned. Still can't figure out how to get it to sound right though.
Can anybody crack this one?

jvilmi
May 29, 2004

The Fog posted:

I checked it out in a spectrum analyzer and the way the harmonics look, it actually looks like it's 2 (or more) sawtooth oscs who are detuned. Still can't figure out how to get it to sound right though.
Can anybody crack this one?

Sounds more like pulse waves to me.

The Fog
Oct 10, 2004

jvilmi posted:

Sounds more like pulse waves to me.

Is it, though? I'm not sure.
The thing is, everything indicates that it's sawtooth (waveform-wise) because the harmonics are exactly as you would expect from a sawtooth. Also, low-passing the signal makes it look like a sawtooth more than anything else.
Dunno really... Been trying to crack this for the past 3 days, but got nothing.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
edit: ~ wait a second, strike that.

I Dig Gardening
Jan 13, 2004

The single for my new album. Total electroslut stuff. I love constructive criticism, what do you guys think?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I Dig Gardening posted:

The single for my new album. Total electroslut stuff. I love constructive criticism, what do you guys think?
It's good, but the vocals kinda fall flat for me. Distort them, pitch them differently, vocode them, chop them harder, SOMETHING to gently caress them up. The cowbells are hot, and the synth is nice. But the "oh so sexy" electro-clashy vocals just aren't doing it for me.

If it were MY track, I'd change that snare when the song drops to something a little snappier or harder, but that's probably just my dnb instincts.

Your production has gotten a lot cleaner over the months I've seen you posting here. Great job, bro.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

I Dig Gardening posted:

I dig that a lot, what software are you using? I have a friend who's been using Reason for years and was big in the Detroit ghettotech scene a while back who said he'll help me out with it so I'm pretty excited to get into real producing other than my "I'm fifteen and downloaded Fruity Loops" phase from five years ago.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Anyone know if there's a way to change the tempo of Dr. Rex loops in Reason? Usually when I went to have one slower than another, I'll just open up a seperate window of Reason for that one because I don't want to change the master tempo. It would be a fuckton easier if I knew how to change them individually.

I've tried clicking around the area in the display where it shows up, because that works for the master tempo, but it didn't do anything.

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

I Dig Gardening posted:

yo you cool with DJ's playing that out yet, or you want to keep it on the down low for the next little bit?

I Dig Gardening
Jan 13, 2004

Threatis posted:

yo you cool with DJ's playing that out yet, or you want to keep it on the down low for the next little bit?

Totally cool, light that poo poo up. Hit me up on MySpace and let me know when you'll be spinning it!

I Dig Gardening
Jan 13, 2004

ManoliIsFat posted:

It's good, but the vocals kinda fall flat for me. Distort them, pitch them differently, vocode them, chop them harder, SOMETHING to gently caress them up. The cowbells are hot, and the synth is nice. But the "oh so sexy" electro-clashy vocals just aren't doing it for me.

If it were MY track, I'd change that snare when the song drops to something a little snappier or harder, but that's probably just my dnb instincts.

Your production has gotten a lot cleaner over the months I've seen you posting here. Great job, bro.

Thanks, but I love the vocals the way they are. I've already done vocoders, distorted vocals, chopped up vocals to death, I wanted to try something new! I'm the type of guy that can't do the same thing twice, I'll just go loving nuts.

ashgromnies posted:

I dig that a lot, what software are you using? I have a friend who's been using Reason for years and was big in the Detroit ghettotech scene a while back who said he'll help me out with it so I'm pretty excited to get into real producing other than my "I'm fifteen and downloaded Fruity Loops" phase from five years ago.

I really dislike Reason. I use Ableton Live for everything, with maybe three of four VSTs. I'm super minimalistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra innings lovin
Jan 2, 2005

by angerbotSD

I Dig Gardening posted:

I really dislike Reason. I use Ableton Live for everything, with maybe three of four VSTs. I'm super minimalistic.

Do you use Ableton Live for sequencing, too, or just generating the parts?

Awesome track, by the way.

• Locked thread