Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Altered State
Dec 18, 2006

Got my Agile Telecaster this morning.

It is much more yellow than I was expecting. :c00l:

But I like it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

Altered State posted:

Got my Agile Telecaster this morning.

It is much more yellow than I was expecting. :c00l:

But I like it!
That is pretty yellow. Reminds me of an old Jag I found in a local shop, originally white but faded at least as yellow as your tele. Looks great with the pearl.

7 Bowls of Wrath
Mar 30, 2007
Thats so metal.

West Ham Sandwich posted:

Are bows really that expensive? I was considering trying to find a cello to learn to play but holy poo poo.

I play upright bass (and I am not in any way a great player, Ive been playing for 5-6 years now with little or no lessons), and my bass bow cost me (well the person who bought it for me) $800...and that was the cheapest one the luthier had at the time, the other 3 were in the thousand(s). It does make a difference though, in balance and playability.

high end stringed instruments are so expensive...

FractionMan
Dec 24, 2003

Bringing back the balls to Rock

I got myself a Toneport GX since I just got done with all my university assignments and felt like rewarding myseld, and in the day or so i've had it I think it's more than worth it's price. I'm not great at guitar, but I love to play around with settings, amp models and effects, and the Gearbox software has plenty for me to play about with.
Here's clip I recorded to give myself an idea of how it sounds, hopefully with a little tweaking of simulation settings I can get it to sound a lot nicer.

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES
I got a green Les Paul Robot...

It is fashioned from pure awesome. The autotuning is impossibly cool. Happy to talk on it if anyone wants.

Kind of cool to know, with this guitar at least, I'll literally never be out of tune...and switching tuning is like a 5 second exercise. Plus it is a Les Paul, and sounds like one... play it through a marshal 2x12 combo for the most part.

Mr. WTF fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 21, 2008

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Mr. WTF posted:

It is fashioned from pure awesome. The autotuning is impossibly cool. Happy to talk on it if anyone wants.

Kind of cool to know, with this guitar at least, I'll literally never be out of tune...and switching tuning is like a 5 second exercise.

can you make it play chords all by itself? can you program tunings so that plays slide lines by itself?

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES

the wizards beard posted:

can you make it play chords all by itself? can you program tunings so that plays slide lines by itself?

....?... probably...and that's what it would sound like...takes 5 seconds or so of a few strums to change tunings, which you could structure as a chord progression if you were strange...and it would sound like it was sliding up/down to it....

but it kills the volume automatically down to like 10% when it tunes...so, alas, the self playing guitar remains out of reach.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
...not if I use my hands to turn up the amp volume while my guitar plays itself hands-free.

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES

...not if I use my hands to turn up the amp volume while my guitar plays itself hands-free.

now you're talking.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
loving hell I'd love to see some dude flick his volume knob up and down and pump his fist in the air while his guitar rips through a solo on the floor.

PoorPeteBest
Oct 13, 2005

We're not hitchhiking anymore! We're riding!

Glad to see they've moved away from the hideous colors. Seriously, what was the deal with that? Did they have some overstock paint to move or something?

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
The crazy paint was for the first production run just to identify them as "first run" guitars. The ugly ones will probably be worth more later. Which is dumb.

Ichron
May 6, 2007

It's hip to be square.
I'd rather have that ugly blue than one of these Daisy Rock looking ones...

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES

PoorPeteBest posted:

Glad to see they've moved away from the hideous colors. Seriously, what was the deal with that? Did they have some overstock paint to move or something?

Yeah...I've wanted one since they came out, but the purple and silverburst were awful. Green ones just hit stores...so great the guitar center guy conversation:
'do you have green robot les pauls'
'no they aren't out'
'I see them on the web - pictures'
'that's people using a kit, they don't make them'
'doesn't look like a kit'
'they aren't making them, we're the only Gibson dealer ever and I know the guy that makes them with his own fingers and I called him, you don't know poo poo, and they aren't out.'
'well call me if you find one'
calls 2 hours later
'I have a silverburst one in arizona'
'thanks dude, I found a green one about 20 miles north, I'm buying it'
'what?!'
click

Ichron
May 6, 2007

It's hip to be square.

Mr. WTF posted:

Yeah...I've wanted one since they came out, but the purple and silverburst were awful. Green ones just hit stores...so great the guitar center guy conversation:
'do you have green robot les pauls'
'no they aren't out'
'I see them on the web - pictures'
'that's people using a kit, they don't make them'
'doesn't look like a kit'
'they aren't making them, we're the only Gibson dealer ever and I know the guy that makes them with his own fingers and I called him, you don't know poo poo, and they aren't out.'
'well call me if you find one'
calls 2 hours later
'I have a silverburst one in arizona'
'thanks dude, I found a green one about 20 miles north, I'm buying it'
'what?!'
click

Should have told him to check his employer's own website. Green LPs and SGs both on there.

AE
Jul 7, 2006

by Shine

Haven't even plugged it in yet. Don't even really need it.

Engine Fortegue
Feb 1, 2004

strap me down they must sedate me

poke me prod me irritate me

AE posted:

Haven't even plugged it in yet. Don't even really need it.

Good thing you bought it then?

AE
Jul 7, 2006

by Shine
I just can't control my spending :(

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Carbohydrates posted:

Thanks, man. I don't know if your number's quite accurate, though.

The lighting and balance of this photo is awful.

This is what I'll be like in a few years with bass guitars. If only I didn't have this drat drum addiction, too. :argh: Oh well, the 2 basses I have now are beautiful and have amazing sound so it's not that big of a deal.

On another note, my girlfriend just surprised me with this

Only for bass. If you haven't heard this album and are a fan of skilled musical productions, then I'd give this album a listen. I know alot of people aren't fans of harsh vocals but this album is my favorite of all time and I'm seriously going to be learning these songs for weeks.

Ah, found a picture of the bass version:

Dr. Video Games 0032
Oct 4, 2006

D:

My first guitar.
Guitar: Ibanez RG170DX
Amp: Roland 15x Cube

Sounds great and the amp gets pretty drat loud.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

On another note, my girlfriend just surprised me with this

Holy motherfucking Jesus, never thought I'd see the day.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Your new G&L is loving hot man...but is that Gretsch a White Falcon ?

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

DeArmond M75T

The pic is not of mine, but you get the idea. I gave mine to my brother for graduating college but he never plays it so I'm trading him for an acoustic/electric. I'm glad to have her back. These things sound phenomenal for what was a middle of the road guitar when it was new. I'm pretty pissed off that Fender saw fit to buy out Guild and then proceed to discontinue their fantastic line of electric guitars. The DeArmond stuff was amazing for under a grand, and the full fledged Guild electrics were spectacular. Curse you, Fender! :argh:

Gramps fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 22, 2008

ZombiePeanut
May 11, 2007

by Fistgrrl

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

No, this is a white falcon:

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

ZombiePeanut posted:

No, this is a white falcon:

thanks for clearing that up. I'm not very knowledgable at all about Gretschs...but drat that white falcon looks great

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Oh no, that's an Anniversary with a Chet Atkins Bigsby installed. Much, uh, greener. :)

e: Guitars in the pic are: 2005 Taylor 410CE, 2006 Gretsch Anniversary, 1974 Ovation Balladeer, 1983 Peavey T15, Warmoth parts-tele, 1996? DeArmond M75, 2007 Gibson Nashville Les Paul Jr, parts-strat, 2004 Fender Mustang bass, 1978 Fender Jazzmaster, 2006 PRS Custom 22.

Carbohydrates fucked around with this message at 06:33 on May 22, 2008

qball
Aug 1, 2002

You could go and have a bite, and you'd still be hearin' that one.

thanks for clearing that up. I'm not very knowledgable at all about Gretschs...but drat that white falcon looks great

The Sliver Falcon looks pretty cool as well

Darth Fungus
Mar 12, 2007
Sausage Smoker

Carbohydrates posted:

Oh no, that's an Anniversary with a Chet Atkins Bigsby installed. Much, uh, greener. :)

e: Guitars in the pic are: 2005 Taylor 410CE, 2006 Gretsch Anniversary, 1974 Ovation Balladeer, 1983 Peavey T15, Warmoth parts-tele, 1996? DeArmond M75, 2007 Gibson Nashville Les Paul Jr, parts-strat, 2004 Fender Mustang bass, 1978 Fender Jazzmaster, 2006 PRS Custom 22.

Just out of curiosity how much did you pay for the Ovation?

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?
$250 3 years ago

Darth Fungus
Mar 12, 2007
Sausage Smoker

Carbohydrates posted:

$250 3 years ago

Ok, just curious cause I picked one up for 40 bucks at a swap meet. Needs a lot of work but it sounds really nice.

The Book I Read
Jan 15, 2008
Have to sing about it.

Mr. WTF posted:

Kind of cool to know, with this guitar at least, I'll literally never be out of tune...and switching tuning is like a 5 second exercise. Plus it is a Les Paul, and sounds like one... play it through a marshal 2x12 combo for the most part.

Holy loving poo poo this is amazing.

ampleforth
Dec 23, 2004

So it goes.

Carbohydrates posted:

Whoops, forgot to post this here.

'Sup G&L buddy?

Nice looking guitar. Mine are all beat up because I don't use stands, but i like em good and worn in.

My advice: Don't throw it. The top horn will crack if you toss it too many times.

The ASAT classics, however, you can chuck as much as you like.

Shartjorts
Mar 17, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Carbohydrates posted:

I bought a Green Annie for $850 with case when I worked at GC and returned it for a boring rear end MIA Fender. Its probably the dumbest thing I've ever done besides not go to college straight out of high school. :(

Shartjorts fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 22, 2008

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

hamaien posted:

Holy motherfucking Jesus, never thought I'd see the day.

Reading some of his bass lines is mindblowing. He's got to be one of the most original metal bassists with what he does, it just grooves but at the same time it's so technical. I can't wait for someone I know to get the guitar one so we can work on the songs together.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Reading some of his bass lines is mindblowing. He's got to be one of the most original metal bassists with what he does, it just grooves but at the same time it's so technical. I can't wait for someone I know to get the guitar one so we can work on the songs together.

i'll get it

hope you can wait 5 years until i'm good enough!

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

ForbiddenWonder posted:

i'll get it

hope you can wait 5 years until i'm good enough!

more like 15

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

I got to actually meet and talk with the bassist yesterday at the Progressive Nation show. What a cool guy, too. :)

poxin
Nov 16, 2003

Why yes... I am full of stars!

Marshall Vintage Modern combo. Musicians Friend took four days of "being packed" before shipping it out. I'm anxious.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

poxin posted:

Marshall Vintage Modern combo. Musicians Friend took four days of "being packed" before shipping it out. I'm anxious.

Lucky mofo. I love those- they're the best sounding amp Marshall has made since the first run of JCM800s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

The Dark Wind posted:

I got to actually meet and talk with the bassist yesterday at the Progressive Nation show. What a cool guy, too. :)

That's my goal. I'd love to have Dan sign the thing. :swoon: Next weekend!